Closed Thread
    Leviathan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leviathan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leviathan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leviathan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leviathan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leviathan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leviathan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leviathan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leviathan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leviathan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leviathan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Unhappy Lower back injury

I pulled a muscle in my back a few weeks ago

i thought that i had totally healed because i aint given me any trouble recently

but today i was doing a set of deadlifts and i think i pulled it again

its in the same place

but not as bad as last time

should i just do hyperextensions for a few months before i get back to doing deadlifts?

or should i just do deadlifts with less weight?

what do u guys think?
    The human body is the best picture of the human soul.

Kutulus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hyperextensions sound good..

do them without holding a weight though...

or don't do any lower back work until ur sure its healed

Leviathan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leviathan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leviathan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leviathan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leviathan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leviathan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leviathan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leviathan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leviathan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leviathan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leviathan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs up

thx man

but it thought that if a muscle was torn and u never trained it whilst it was healing then the muscle fibres would be weaker at that point and stand a better chance of tearing again

this true?

it could be true, im not sure...

but if u keep training the muscle and you don't give it time to recover, then u risk making the injury worse...

if i were you i would do 3 sets of very slow hyperextensions and get a good feel for ur lower back and squeeze at the top of the extension...

don't go really fast, and don't hold any weight... if u go fast ur just asking to re-injure yourself

Smile

ok man

i'll do 3 sets of slow hyperextensions twice a week for a few months

if anyone else has any suggestions tho

plz tell me

i suggest seeing ur doctor too, that is... if it is really serious

Thumbs up

nah, it aint really serious man

it just irritates me when i do deadlifts

i've had worse lol

joehagyHH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    sometimes this used to happen to me. and the problem always was, a weak lower back. so now i make sure i hit that lower back from the left, right, front, back, horizontal, vertical, sideways, and hell.... angles you havent even heard of. LOL but seriously, your problem most likely is because of your body mass and your lowerback not being strong enought to support it, on an imbalance betweeen your abs and lowerback.

joehh

hagy has a point, but he doubt he means that you should go ahead and max deadlift or whatever... take it slow for awhile...

Arrow

yeh i know what ya mean

but i don't think its because of me having a weak lower back or abs

i pulled it when i was doin a deadlift about 3 weeks ago

and i guess that i just trained it before it healed

Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    if theres one thing ive learned with injury, is to wait it out, trust me, dont even go overboard with the hyperextensions, its so tempting just to say "oh whats a little exercise gonna do to bother it" and sometimes can be frustrating , but trust me, you gotta wait it out, the first step is always healing, then recover, dont go straight into deadlifts, do hyperextensions. Thats just my view, take it for whats its worth.

Lightbulb

ok

how about if i give it a few weeks to heal first

then do hyperextension for a month or so

and then get back onto doing deadlifts (lighter than b4)

i honestly still think it comes from a week lowerback , but now after what you just said, i also gotta believe you used bad form for some heavy deadlifts. nothing to be ashamed of. hell i used bad form for the longest amount of time. then i got smart, and listened to people. start real light on deadlifts, get the form down right, then increase the weight. also work on that lowerback.

definatly give it some time to heal. but dont prolong your layoff.

joe

Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Use a weight belt

i use a weight belt Jay...

but they still can't guarantee that u don't get an injury

i think that the injury was caused by a bad warm-up tho

Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A belt wont strengthen your lower back it will only weaken it over time. Unless you are going for an ultra heavy lift or maxing out I suggest you dont use a belt.

I agree with chris... i NEVER use a belt...

not even with squats...

Dorian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had this problem years ago. here is what I did... first I started to do yoga stretches. If you look on the net you will find soem good ones for the back. I layed off for a week and then slwoly started to lift. I used a bar only for deadlifts. I never wore a belt again, it only caused problems for me.
    I did hypers and alot of sit ups to strenghten the mid section. this is usually why the back goes out a weak middle. But I feel that if you do stretches appropriatly you will alleviate this problem. You mor then likely stressed a muscle.

what the flip??? hahaha i can not see you doing yoga dorian!

addictedidol is just really nice. (+1000) addictedidol is just really nice. (+1000) addictedidol is just really nice. (+1000) addictedidol is just really nice. (+1000) addictedidol is just really nice. (+1000) addictedidol is just really nice. (+1000) addictedidol is just really nice. (+1000) addictedidol is just really nice. (+1000) addictedidol is just really nice. (+1000) addictedidol is just really nice. (+1000) addictedidol is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by joehagyHH View Post
    what the flip??? hahaha i can not see you doing yoga dorian!

Yoga actually might help.

dalywm is not very helpful. (-500) dalywm is not very helpful. (-500) dalywm is not very helpful. (-500) dalywm is not very helpful. (-500) dalywm is not very helpful. (-500) dalywm is not very helpful. (-500) dalywm is not very helpful. (-500) dalywm is not very helpful. (-500) dalywm is not very helpful. (-500) dalywm is not very helpful. (-500) dalywm is not very helpful. (-500)
    I strained my lower back playing football in october. The doctor put me on pain meds just so i could make it through the rest of the season. Get your back healed up ASAP or it will get a lot worse and let it heal fully or it will give you long term problems in the future. Take time off if you have to, thats what I'm doing now.
    Best lifts
    Bench 300
    Squat 430
    Clean 262

janedoe92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ok, how on earth do you post your own forum question on this site?

I'm just going to post this here. First though, yeah rest sounds like a good idea, so you don't end up making whatever your injury is worse.

I am female, 5'1" and ~65kg. I was deadlifting just over 265 pounds in January in a squat and deadlift off with a friend, and I felt something in my back pop. It wasn't really painful, but I could tell that I'd done something so I stopped. Since then I only just started squatting again with weight, and I kept in really light, but my back is still hurting. Not a lot, but I can feel it, and it starts to hurt the longer I sit down, or if I bend the wrong way. It's been 5 months, and I have done very little since then (I had a bilateral fasciotomy a couple of months ago for compartments syndrome, plus I have bursitis in both knees, so I really haven't been doing much but light cardio and body weight work. Very boring), but it hasn't healed on its own. Slightly concerning, but I've already told my work about the rest of my injuries and I don't want to seem like I'm faking it or anything. I don't want to be 'one of those guys' but I'm starting to wonder if it's worth checking out...