Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000)

Exclamation Mat Herpes (v.serious)

hey guys, i came across an article about this in a mag today. thought i should spread some knowledge..

Herpes Gladiatorum

Herpes gladiatorum is a kind of herpes most commonly occurring among wrestlers, judo players or other athletes who have with very close skin contact with each other. Herpes Gladiatorum is sometimes misspelled as Herpes Gladiatorium. Among athletes it is commonly called mat herpes.

It is a serious kind of herpes and, just like any other form of herpes, is contracted through physical contact. Catching this problem can be a major problem for an athlete because he might get disqualified from not only competition but also training, even though he cannot be blamed for contracting it from someone else. If you have wrestled for most of your life, being banned from getting on the mat because of herpes gradiatorum would be a tragedy, not to speak of your sports carreer.

Although one cannot be held responsible for contracting herpes gladiatorum, or any other kind of herpes, one still has to be mindful of others who might contract it. Thus staying off the mat is not a punishment but a precaution for the sake of others.

Once someone contracts herpes gladiatorum in a gym or a dojo, all efforts must be made to clean the mat itself too. This has to be done by scrubbing the mat with some serious chemicals, not once but several times. But the best method is doing the same kind of scrubbing in advance, as a prevention.

When several athletes contract herpes gladiatorum in the same club, it can ruin the club because people will stop coming altogether. So if you suspect that you have something you are not sure of, go and see a doctor immediately.

http://blackmagic.com/wrest/reference/skininf.html
    http://www.physsportsmed.com/issues/...dec/dienst.htm

Last edited by daviess; 03-03-2007 at 03:58 PM.
    On the path to get my Pre-pregnancy body back :)

https://shannondavies.myvi.net/loseweight

Sponsored by Shark Boy ~ mattitude's Avatar
    mattitude is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mattitude is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mattitude is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mattitude is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mattitude is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mattitude is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mattitude is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mattitude is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mattitude is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mattitude is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mattitude is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Holy crap that's disgusting!

-RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    omg... looks and sounds real painful. don't think you'll be grappling with any more men with bad BO again daviess?

izzm is on a distinguished road. (+10) izzm is on a distinguished road. (+10) izzm is on a distinguished road. (+10) izzm is on a distinguished road. (+10) izzm is on a distinguished road. (+10) izzm is on a distinguished road. (+10) izzm is on a distinguished road. (+10) izzm is on a distinguished road. (+10) izzm is on a distinguished road. (+10) izzm is on a distinguished road. (+10) izzm is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    That looks like it sucks. So does staff infection, which is very common among the same group of people. Please clean your mats.

DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000)
    matt hughes has that...i think he had a few cold sores on his lips one time and that rash behind his neck before.

Biff_McFresh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biff_McFresh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biff_McFresh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biff_McFresh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biff_McFresh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biff_McFresh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biff_McFresh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biff_McFresh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biff_McFresh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biff_McFresh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biff_McFresh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Never eating strawberry flavored Nerds ever again...

Don't be weak.

"I like swiss cheese. It's the only cheese you can draw with a pencil and identify. You can draw American cheese, but someone will think it's cheddar. Swiss cheese is the only cheese you can bite and miss. "Hey Mitch - does that sandwich have cheese on it?" "Every now and then!" I got some swiss air on that bite." -Mitch Hedberg

NINEZeRO will become famous soon enough. (+50) NINEZeRO will become famous soon enough. (+50) NINEZeRO will become famous soon enough. (+50) NINEZeRO will become famous soon enough. (+50) NINEZeRO will become famous soon enough. (+50) NINEZeRO will become famous soon enough. (+50) NINEZeRO will become famous soon enough. (+50) NINEZeRO will become famous soon enough. (+50) NINEZeRO will become famous soon enough. (+50) NINEZeRO will become famous soon enough. (+50) NINEZeRO will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Do MMA gyms require a physical check-up when you join or anything? If not do they at least ask/check for these things?

DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by NINEZeRO View Post
    Do MMA gyms require a physical check-up when you join or anything? If not do they at least ask/check for these things?
    most mma gyms dont!

you could be rolling with a dude who has HIV and bust his nose open and it goes all over you. Think abou tit the only way that you could be 100 percent sure people dotn have herpes,gonerhea, etc...is by getting blood work done everyweek and getting physicals every week because a guy could be negative when he takes the tests gives it to you and then a week after that sleep with a hooker or get a disease like hep c or TB that week later and you would never know...

i mean to be honest you cant control people what they do not everyone is clean or lives a clean lifestyle...thats why i quit doing jiu jitsu and just stuck with boxing training we had a big ass outbreak of ringworm and bacteria on our mats good thing i didnt train that week because i was busy taking finals and had to study...but ring worm is a bitch.

I wanted to take private lessons with only 6 students at a time but they cost super expensive it would of cost me close to 20 grand for a year! lol

bigss75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigss75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigss75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigss75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigss75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigss75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigss75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigss75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigss75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigss75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigss75 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I believe they had a nasty outbreak of herpes in Minnesota high school wrestling that caused them to suspend it for awhile
    'Cholesterol turns into Testosterone!' - Louie Simmons

tanned, rested, and ready The Protagonist's Avatar
    The Protagonist will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Protagonist will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Protagonist will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Protagonist will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Protagonist will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Protagonist will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Protagonist will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Protagonist will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Protagonist will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Protagonist will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Protagonist will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    so wait I'm starting BJJ soon, how can I prevent that?
    as I watch myself build a masterpiece..

lifting: compound 5x5
    nutrition: keto

AshtonUK is not very well liked. (-100) AshtonUK is not very well liked. (-100) AshtonUK is not very well liked. (-100) AshtonUK is not very well liked. (-100) AshtonUK is not very well liked. (-100) AshtonUK is not very well liked. (-100) AshtonUK is not very well liked. (-100) AshtonUK is not very well liked. (-100) AshtonUK is not very well liked. (-100) AshtonUK is not very well liked. (-100) AshtonUK is not very well liked. (-100)

Unhappy

Originally Posted by DaHooligan View Post
    most mma gyms dont!

you could be rolling with a dude who has HIV and bust his nose open and it goes all over you. Think abou tit the only way that you could be 100 percent sure people dotn have herpes,gonerhea, etc...is by getting blood work done everyweek and getting physicals every week because a guy could be negative when he takes the tests gives it to you and then a week after that sleep with a hooker or get a disease like hep c or TB that week later and you would never know...

i mean to be honest you cant control people what they do not everyone is clean or lives a clean lifestyle...thats why i quit doing jiu jitsu and just stuck with boxing training we had a big ass outbreak of ringworm and bacteria on our mats good thing i didnt train that week because i was busy taking finals and had to study...but ring worm is a bitch.

I wanted to take private lessons with only 6 students at a time but they cost super expensive it would of cost me close to 20 grand for a year! lol

damn

IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    matt hughes has that...i think he had a few cold sores on his lips one time and that rash behind his neck before.
    LOL I think she meant mat herpes not matt herpes I thought that Matt Hughes got herpes myself when I read the title of the thread
    "The road to salvation is through Christ"

Luke 1:74
    to rescue us from the hand of our enemies, and to enable us to serve him without fear

^Love is the power of the righteousness life that overcomes the fear that leads to sin, and the life in which God is pleased.

Originally Posted by The Protagonist View Post
    so wait I'm starting BJJ soon, how can I prevent that?
    cover all your cuts and make sure you disinfect them because body fluid from mats and partners in the dojo can cause infection or transfer the virus, and immediately showed with Nizoral or Dandruff shampoo and use it all over your body to kill the fungus....also when you roll wear rashgaurds on your legs and body if you do no gi training.

and most Dojos have rules always bring a clean gi....you should wash it after any intense practice to prevent bacteria build up.

AshtonUK is not very well liked. (-100) AshtonUK is not very well liked. (-100) AshtonUK is not very well liked. (-100) AshtonUK is not very well liked. (-100) AshtonUK is not very well liked. (-100) AshtonUK is not very well liked. (-100) AshtonUK is not very well liked. (-100) AshtonUK is not very well liked. (-100) AshtonUK is not very well liked. (-100) AshtonUK is not very well liked. (-100) AshtonUK is not very well liked. (-100)
    cover all your cuts and make sure you disinfect them because body fluid from mats and partners in the dojo can cause infection or transfer the virus, and immediately showed with Nizoral or Dandruff shampoo and use it all over your body to kill the fungus....also when you roll wear rashgaurds on your legs and body if you do no gi training.

and most Dojos have rules always bring a clean gi....you should wash it after any intense practice to prevent bacteria build up.
    For sure, i dont wanna be catching that ****!

DanJunior has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DanJunior has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DanJunior has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DanJunior has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DanJunior has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DanJunior has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DanJunior has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DanJunior has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DanJunior has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DanJunior has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DanJunior has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Grappling is kinda discusting. I remember grappling at a gym with a fat guy and all his sweat was entering my eyes and mouth. I felt like I was getting raped.

Originally Posted by DanJunior View Post
    Grappling is kinda discusting. I remember grappling at a gym with a fat guy and all his sweat was entering my eyes and mouth. I felt like I was getting raped.

Ya things have changed lol

I remember grappling when I was 16 and 17 before this UFC got huge...my class was GI and it was a self defense class and only 3 guys were in it and the rest was females....women were doing jiu jitsu before guys...i remember our instructor said most guys wouldnt be caught dead taking this class they think it is gay he was referring to the only 3 guys in there and me lol...he was happy to see guys in the class actually.

now every guy is mounting another guy and pounding them what happen i thought it was considered gay? funny how peoples minds change when everyone is doing it and its in.

Get yo Guns Up Playa!!! MenTaLPiRacY's Avatar
    MenTaLPiRacY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MenTaLPiRacY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MenTaLPiRacY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MenTaLPiRacY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MenTaLPiRacY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MenTaLPiRacY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MenTaLPiRacY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MenTaLPiRacY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MenTaLPiRacY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MenTaLPiRacY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MenTaLPiRacY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I heard about a wrestling tourney that alot of guys ended up having skin herpes after words.. hmm
    Buccaneers † Red Raiders † Cubs

GUNS UP!!!

"""""\*͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/*͇̿̿/"""""

You can beat me at Baseball, Basketball, and Football, but i can beat you up.

daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by -RiK- View Post
    omg... looks and sounds real painful. don't think you'll be grappling with any more men with bad BO again daviess?
    I'll def be taking more precautions, that is for sure.

im just kind of annoyed that i had to read about this myself, every club should already know about this. that way if someone gets symptoms they can go to the doctor right away, instead of brushing it off as mat burn or something and spreading it to others.

Originally Posted by MenTaLPiRacY View Post
    I heard about a wrestling tourney that alot of guys ended up having skin herpes after words.. hmm
    a cpl months ago some teams got suspended?
    http://www.startribune.com/526/story/969346.html

NeverGymLess is just really nice. (+1000) NeverGymLess is just really nice. (+1000) NeverGymLess is just really nice. (+1000) NeverGymLess is just really nice. (+1000) NeverGymLess is just really nice. (+1000) NeverGymLess is just really nice. (+1000) NeverGymLess is just really nice. (+1000) NeverGymLess is just really nice. (+1000) NeverGymLess is just really nice. (+1000) NeverGymLess is just really nice. (+1000) NeverGymLess is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by daviess View Post
    a cpl months ago some teams got suspended?
    http://www.startribune.com/526/story/969346.html
    **** this is nasty. Could you get this in Kyokushin karate , theres a school that teaches this down the street from me and i wouldn't mind cross training it with boxing till I found a muay thai gym in my area

tabloid will become famous soon enough. (+50) tabloid will become famous soon enough. (+50) tabloid will become famous soon enough. (+50) tabloid will become famous soon enough. (+50) tabloid will become famous soon enough. (+50) tabloid will become famous soon enough. (+50) tabloid will become famous soon enough. (+50) tabloid will become famous soon enough. (+50) tabloid will become famous soon enough. (+50) tabloid will become famous soon enough. (+50) tabloid will become famous soon enough. (+50)

skew12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skew12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skew12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skew12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skew12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skew12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skew12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skew12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skew12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skew12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skew12 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    there was a problem at 2 or 3 high schools in a close area not to long ago that had this very problem.

but thats one thing ive always wondered about MMA fighting. whether or not they tested for diseases like AIDs and Herpes, etc....Because in some matches theres just as much DNA swapped between opponents as Porn Stars do in a scene. and they regularly screened and tested, i think MMA fighters should be too.

that would be a horrible way to find out youre goin to die/end your career. because lets face it...would you willing fight someone with AIDs in an MMA bout?!?!

NeverGymLess is just really nice. (+1000) NeverGymLess is just really nice. (+1000) NeverGymLess is just really nice. (+1000) NeverGymLess is just really nice. (+1000) NeverGymLess is just really nice. (+1000) NeverGymLess is just really nice. (+1000) NeverGymLess is just really nice. (+1000) NeverGymLess is just really nice. (+1000) NeverGymLess is just really nice. (+1000) NeverGymLess is just really nice. (+1000) NeverGymLess is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by skew12 View Post
    there was a problem at 2 or 3 high schools in a close area not to long ago that had this very problem.

but thats one thing ive always wondered about MMA fighting. whether or not they tested for diseases like AIDs and Herpes, etc....Because in some matches theres just as much DNA swapped between opponents as Porn Stars do in a scene. and they regularly screened and tested, i think MMA fighters should be too.

that would be a horrible way to find out youre goin to die/end your career. because lets face it...would you willing fight someone with AIDs in an MMA bout?!?!

In boxing you do. If you want to do it pro.

skew12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skew12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skew12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skew12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skew12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skew12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skew12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skew12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skew12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skew12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skew12 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    hopefully MMA organizations follow this same

izzm is on a distinguished road. (+10) izzm is on a distinguished road. (+10) izzm is on a distinguished road. (+10) izzm is on a distinguished road. (+10) izzm is on a distinguished road. (+10) izzm is on a distinguished road. (+10) izzm is on a distinguished road. (+10) izzm is on a distinguished road. (+10) izzm is on a distinguished road. (+10) izzm is on a distinguished road. (+10) izzm is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    They do.

Originally Posted by NeverGymLess View Post
    **** this is nasty. Could you get this in Kyokushin karate , theres a school that teaches this down the street from me and i wouldn't mind cross training it with boxing till I found a muay thai gym in my area
    the chances of you getting that herpes rash or whatever can be anywhere...but they are very slim with boxing and karate...unless your rolling with like 100 people in a room...see the body fluids drip from so many people and you dont know who gots that **** when you do jiu jitsu or wrestling.

If you ever get ringworm its a bitch every single day you gotta disinfect the clothes you wear you have to cover the rash with a big ass bandage and its a bitch to take a shower without getting that **** wet...i had to change my bandages and wash my blankets daily and good thing we had to bathrooms...after i was over it they had to disinfect the bathroom walls and floor with bleach and my room had to be aired out for extra precaution.

It is the worst ****...see me im considerate when i got it from wrestling in highschool some idiot wanted to wrestle still and didnt say **** and 5 of us got it...

I mean i dont give a damn how depressed you are and how much you love jiu jitsu or wrestling lying and sneaking and still rolling and giving that **** to someone is fuked up!

suck it up and wait it out be a honest human being and wait the 2-3 weeks till your ringworm is fukking gone...cant stand those people ya we know you depressed cause you cant roll and you love it but lying is for chumps especially when you got a skin rash.

I only stick to boxing now..

ya in boxing they test and mma is supposed to but i know of smaller shows they just let guys fight thats whats fuked up no bloodwork done.

See thats why the no sex before a fight is a great thing cause you have to get yoru bloodwork done a month before the fight i believe and holding off on sex helps prevent getting hiv before a fight especially after taking your bloodwork as well as helping your aggression.

in western canada i know they test for HIV for sure. but that is all. they dont test (or do cheek swabs) for the herpes Gl. virus, or anything else. as far as i know, very few ppl even know about this strain here.

i guess it all comes down to.. if u have any kind of rash, hold out on training and get it checked ASAP. it could only be mat burn or something, or it could be worse..but it is still your responsibility.

-themask- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -themask- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -themask- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -themask- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -themask- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -themask- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -themask- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -themask- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -themask- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -themask- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -themask- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by daviess View Post
    in western canada i know they test for HIV for sure. but that is all. they dont test (or do cheek swabs) for the herpes Gl. virus, or anything else. as far as i know, very few ppl even know about this strain here.

i guess it all comes down to.. if u have any kind of rash, hold out on training and get it checked ASAP. it could only be mat burn or something, or it could be worse..but it is still your responsibility.
    yea they only check for aids! wow people should inform gym woners about this....
    bulking to 150

Originally Posted by -themask- View Post
    yea they only check for aids! wow people should inform gym woners about this....
    just like the porno industry...they only check for Aids or hiv...almost every pornstar has an std, usually herpes.

no such thing as a clean pornostar they only get checked for hiv basically i read it in the LA times some ex porn star girl got gonnerhea and herpes from doing porn.

she said they only really check for hiv...and she said her outbreaks wear so server she would get pimples all over her puzzy.