brettfrable is on a distinguished road. (+10)

To anyone who thinks their protein drink is giving them palpitations.

It is.

Look for aspartame, sucralose, aspartic acid, or Warning: Contains phenylalanine.

Any time I have any of these ingredients, along with others that are included with them, I get extremely bad palpitations.

Guarantee most of your protein powders are using this.

Now if someone could tell me why, I'd love it. But I've done what you've all done. Stopped consuming these ingredients and the palpitations go away. Start consuming them and they come back. Documented monitors showing the irregular heartbeats(pvcs).

Seems like there would be some science out there as to why some of us experience this same symptom and some of us dont.

FoxtrotSierra is just really nice. (+1000) FoxtrotSierra is just really nice. (+1000) FoxtrotSierra is just really nice. (+1000) FoxtrotSierra is just really nice. (+1000) FoxtrotSierra is just really nice. (+1000) FoxtrotSierra is just really nice. (+1000) FoxtrotSierra is just really nice. (+1000) FoxtrotSierra is just really nice. (+1000) FoxtrotSierra is just really nice. (+1000) FoxtrotSierra is just really nice. (+1000) FoxtrotSierra is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by brettfrable View Post
    It is.

Look for aspartame, sucralose, aspartic acid, or Warning: Contains phenylalanine.

Any time I have any of these ingredients, along with others that are included with them, I get extremely bad palpitations.

Guarantee most of your protein powders are using this.

Now if someone could tell me why, I'd love it. But I've done what you've all done. Stopped consuming these ingredients and the palpitations go away. Start consuming them and they come back. Documented monitors showing the irregular heartbeats(pvcs).

Seems like there would be some science out there as to why some of us experience this same symptom and some of us dont.
    I'm curious how you can definitively say it is those ingredients, as they are EXTREMELY common additives.

FoxtrotSierra is just really nice. (+1000) FoxtrotSierra is just really nice. (+1000) FoxtrotSierra is just really nice. (+1000) FoxtrotSierra is just really nice. (+1000) FoxtrotSierra is just really nice. (+1000) FoxtrotSierra is just really nice. (+1000) FoxtrotSierra is just really nice. (+1000) FoxtrotSierra is just really nice. (+1000) FoxtrotSierra is just really nice. (+1000) FoxtrotSierra is just really nice. (+1000) FoxtrotSierra is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by FoxtrotSierra View Post
    I'm curious how you can definitively say it is those ingredients, as they are EXTREMELY common additives.
    Thinking further on this, I am going to say you are either sensitive to a certain ingredient (or allergic), or your assumption is completely incorrect.

Thinking further on this, I am going to say you are either sensitive to a certain ingredient (or allergic), or your assumption is completely incorrect.
    Yeah, I've come across people like you on the internet before. Doesn't happen to me so you're wrong. It's kind of the same thing a scientific/medical study does. I've had the ingredients. I have palpitations. I remove the ingredients. I don't have palpitations. Tried this around 5 times with the same results each time. I don't have the background to SAY why, but I do have the experience to say that is what causes my heart palpitations. To be honest, I'm glad you don't. But - be more open to other peoples experiences and don't assume it's their opinions. You can't argue with someones experiences. It's frustrating.

Yeah, I've come across people like you on the internet before. Doesn't happen to me so you're wrong. It's kind of the same thing a scientific/medical study does. I've had the ingredients. I have palpitations. I remove the ingredients. I don't have palpitations. Tried this around 5 times with the same results each time. I don't have the background to SAY why, but I do have the experience to say that is what causes my heart palpitations. To be honest, I'm glad you don't. But - be more open to other peoples experiences and don't assume it's their opinions. You can't argue with someones experiences. It's frustrating.
    As I said, you personally may be sensitive or allergic to ANYTHING in protein powder.

I bet those three ingredients are in other foods you eat and you don't even know it.

They are every time you eat out!

10s of MILLIONS of people, consume protein powder daily. 99.9% of them, do not report problems.

Also, this hasn't just happened with protein powders. This has happened with sugar free sodas, sugar free yogurt, sugar free ice cream, sugar free iced tea. There is one common ingredient in all of those sugar free foods / beverages. Ignorant.

As I said, you personally may be sensitive or allergic to ANYTHING in protein powder.

I bet those three ingredients are in other foods you eat and you don't even know it.

They are every time you eat out!

10s of MILLIONS of people, consume protein powder daily. 99.9% of them, do not report problems.
    As I already stated. This doesn't just happen to me with protein powders.

Oh here is my medical presentation of what happens when I consume aspartame.

imgur . com/a/BoFLf54

posted this way so I could share a link. let me know if your brain can figure out how to access it.

Also, I came across this because there are about threads on here of people who have the same problem.

Ignorant.

There's a good chance you, personally, along with a small percentage of the population, are sensitive or allergic.

Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    As I already stated. This doesn't just happen to me with protein powders.

Oh here is my medical presentation of what happens when I consume aspartame.

imgur . com/a/BoFLf54

posted this way so I could share a link. let me know if your brain can figure out how to access it.

Also, I came across this because there are about threads on here of people who have the same problem.
    To be fair, you found one thread and it was from 6 years ago. Foxtrot is right, you and a small percentage of people obviously have issues with it, most don't. Easy solution is if you experience issues you just remove it from the equation. No need to get super defensive and hostile.
    Bench: 365
    Squat: 495
    Deadlift: 535

Refrigerator Lover

powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You would know by 49 if you had phenylketonuria

Most likely answer is nocebo. But if you are concerned best to just avoid it.
    Controlled Labs Warder
    Email: Powercage [at] ControlledLabs.com
    Free Controlled Labs supps for your CL labels: goo.gl/kylDte

I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate...

Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Perhaps there is a reason that there is no evidence of this. N=1 is not evidence of a problem. It's evidence that you have a problem and are an outlier.
    "I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate..."

Retired account

TheFugitive, Manwittaplan, and ILPump are all the same guy...socktastic

Originally Posted by lucia316 View Post
    Perhaps there is a reason that there is no evidence of this. N=1 is not evidence of a problem. It's evidence that you have a problem and are an outlier.
    As I've been trying to tell him.... but, I'm ignorant, so what would I know