Page 238 of 244 FirstFirst ... 138 188 228 236 237 238 239 240 ... LastLast
Results 7,111 to 7,140 of 7310
    Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I wanted some roller J-cups, I ordered Snap-Back Rollers from Mutant Metals...in need of some serious help...well on a lighter note I plan to bench with them off the front of the rack to free up space for my Marrs Bar and other various pieces inside the rack.

Good to see the forum come back to life again.

Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Deep-Voiced-One View Post
    I wanted some roller J-cups, I ordered Snap-Back Rollers from Mutant Metals...in need of some serious help...well on a lighter note I plan to bench with them off the front of the rack to free up space for my Marrs Bar and other various pieces inside the rack.

Good to see the forum come back to life again.
    Did you make sure to specify your rack has 1.5" spacing, not 2"? Because they seem to have a locking pin @ 4" down from the main pin, which would be an issue. SO they could weld the bracket 1/2" lower, or even better yet, 2" lower to get a 6" difference which would make it compatible with 1.5" and 2" spacing uprights.
    ▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #61 ▪█──█▪

thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I decided to join the home gym Discord earlier this month and select companies are on there including Ironmaster and post/discuss future improvements and upgrades with other members. I also seen some of the lesser mainstream fabricators on there discussing their pieces too. One thing about Discord is that it's sort of a chat type discussion format as opposed to the forum style posts.

I believe IM posted in the rack and benches discussion, they also have an accessories, buy/sell/trade, plates, barbells, DBs, vintage plates section, etc.
    I don't really want to join Discord or I'd check myself. Has IronMaster said anything about a Memorial Day sale or any upcoming sales? I'm wanting to pick up their olympic plates but am hoping for a 15-20% off sale.
    "It is my own fault for replying in a smith thread." deadwoodgregg

Ordained Minister of Perpetual Consumption and all around righteous dude.

My home gym pictures: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1632857623&viewfull=1#post1632857623

My workout journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120169181

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TheDude8734 View Post
    Can anyone point me in the right direction on where to submit my application and credentials to become an official Equipment Crew member with an assigned number?
    I'd search for the last time the membership roster was published and see who posted it. Keetman is on FB, as are others. Not sure who is running the group now.
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ...in need of some serious help...
    I'll be your sponsor if you be mine.

In the spirit of downsizing, I just ordered the Rep Blackwing with leg roller. Planning to replace my tall Dynamic ladder bench and my situp ladder, and possibly my FB-5000. Also ordered a Dynamic dip attachment for my Ultra Pro rack so I can get rid of my stand-alone dip station.

Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by thedickus View Post
    I don't really want to join Discord or I'd check myself. Has IronMaster said anything about a Memorial Day sale or any upcoming sales? I'm wanting to pick up their olympic plates but am hoping for a 15-20% off sale.

I haven't seen IM post any promotional discounts on there yet, but I'll check in closer to Labor Day weekend on the announcements tab and report back here if I see anything.

Originally Posted by murphyreedus View Post
    I'll be your sponsor if you be mine.

In the spirit of downsizing, I just ordered the Rep Blackwing with leg roller. Planning to replace my tall Dynamic ladder bench and my situp ladder, and possibly my FB-5000. Also ordered a Dynamic dip attachment for my Ultra Pro rack so I can get rid of my stand-alone dip station.
    We really need to start a workout equipment's annonymous club in the sig line! On a brighter note, those are some nice upgraded toys! The Rep Blackwing looks sick and at half of what I paid on the Manta Ray lol (I think it also has a few more decline angles too if that's your thing). Did you go with the 12", or the 14" wide back pad?

murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The Rep Blackwing looks sick and at half of what I paid on the Manta Ray lol (I think it also has a few more decline angles too if that's your thing). Did you go with the 12", or the 14" wide back pad?
    Wide pad was one of my requirements for a new bench - all types of pressing just feel so much better on my crabby shoulders (I fitted Rep 5200 wide pads to my Dynamic adjustable bench, and have the wide pad on the FB-5000). The Manta Ray with leg roller was pushing double the cost and didn't have a wide pad option, so I ruled it out fairly early. My equipment brain logic tells me that I can use the "savings" from not going with the Rogue to justify something like the Powertec leg press, because $1300 - $700 = $1399, or something.

Wide pad was one of my requirements for a new bench - all types of pressing just feel so much better on my crabby shoulders (I fitted Rep 5200 wide pads to my Dynamic adjustable bench, and have the wide pad on the FB-5000). The Manta Ray with leg roller was pushing double the cost and didn't have a wide pad option, so I ruled it out fairly early. My equipment brain logic tells me that I can use the "savings" from not going with the Rogue to justify something like the Powertec leg press, because $1300 - $700 = $1399, or something.

The Powertec leg press is top-notch and it gets the added bonus of fitting on one 4'x6' horse stall mat so it's nice and compact for a leg press machine, also very smooth on the guide rails and a spacious footplate. I'm not sure, but I kind of have a suspicion that Rogue will eventually release a 14" wide pad for the Manta Ray because of the wood screws that go into the steel frame to attach the 12" standard pad during assembly and even then it's still a lot more and potentially even more for the separate pad if that does happen.

The Powertec leg press is top-notch and it gets the added bonus of fitting on one 4'x6' horse stall mat so it's nice and compact for a leg press machine, also very smooth on the guide rails and a spacious footplate.
    Do you have any regrets at all about it? I have heard some mention that the handles being attached to and rotating with the safeties is annoying, but most don't mention it at all. I'm aware of the lower pegs being blocked by the frame in most positions, but other than those things it really seems like the cat's meow for a leg press I can actually fit in the gym. I'd love a combo leg press/hack squat unit, but I have yet to see non-commercial one that doesn't look like it sucks in some way.

With my luck, Rogue will soon release a "Manta Ray Lite" with optional wide pad and color options that's price competitive with the Blackwing.

Do you have any regrets at all about it? I have heard some mention that the handles being attached to and rotating with the safeties is annoying, but most don't mention it at all. I'm aware of the lower pegs being blocked by the frame in most positions, but other than those things it really seems like the cat's meow for a leg press I can actually fit in the gym. I'd love a combo leg press/hack squat unit, but I have yet to see non-commercial one that doesn't look like it sucks in some way.

With my luck, Rogue will soon release a "Manta Ray Lite" with optional wide pad and color options that's price competitive with the Blackwing.

In my experience the leg press is user friendly. The handles are fine in execution in my opinion, I just press the footplate when I'm ready to leg press which releases the carriage/safety catches and when I'm done with the reps I grab and turn the handles horizontal/facing flat to lock the carriage on the safety catches (and usually wait a brief second, or two to make sure it's locked although they engage very efficiently).

I think probably the only thing I could think of with the handles is depending on the angle of the back pad and limb length, you might have to reach slightly to grab the handles to rotate/lock the carriage (for me, I just slightly reach and the angle I set it to feels fine). For the price, footprint, smoothness of the carriage and large footplate you can't beat it...if I can post only one regret on it it's that it doesn't have a hack squat capability for dual movements at one station in the home gym, but then I'd have to spend over 2k (these days) for the Bodycraft F660 which also takes up more space, has a smaller footplate and also I heard some debating opinions on the hack squat ROM (could've been subjective to different heights of the user on the latter part).

All in all, I'm satisfied with the Powertec leg press and I get some good leg volume in because of it on my leg day.

Edit: One other thing I could think of that's a very small annoyance is getting in and out of the machine and maneuvering your legs around the guide rods and handle portion can be a bit of body english, but it's not too bad with the handle they generously added at the top to give you leverage before stepping out of the side.
    Last edited by Deep-Voiced-One; 08-31-2023 at 04:58 PM.

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

New Crew!

Please welcome these new crew members!...

78 TheDude8734
    79 radrd
    80 Deep-Voiced-One
    81 grumpytude
    82 thedickus
    83 C123C
    84 EricAtl
    85 murphyreedus

As to how these names were selected - I went through the public nominations from about a year ago and eliminated anyone who hadn't posted to some Workout Equipment thread over the past year.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Equipment Crew list:

Here's the entire crew list:

1 Diamondelts
    2 Hardkore79
    3 Animalfan
    4 Keetman
    5 Ferrum_Maximus
    6 Accutron
    7 Skidmarx
    8 Deseee
    9 stunmai3
    10 AaronCF
    11 Wildtim
    12 boxertim
    13 eb02z06
    14 buffbrown21
    15 Pullbig
    16 *****OPEN***** (offered to Bluerain)
    17 dolson27
    18 jfindon
    19 Yankeemarko1
    20 *****OPEN***** (offered to Bigtoddy)
    21 RemainDieHard
    22 Essexlad
    23 Captmorganm6
    24 lpsevier
    25 C5VetteLS1
    26 Jimbo.
    27 cgc
    28 pumping4life
    29 JJ-
    30 darkfact
    31 Kodokan
    32 ExtremistPullup
    33 4MEandThem
    34 Fishingeek
    35 KBKB
    36 Attyguy
    37 Cleveland33
    38 ndmike99
    39 dumb.bell
    40 mensagitatmolem
    41 daniel327
    42 twodog
    43 Protienandiron
    44 Stasher1
    45 Northernmorris
    46 matrix563
    47 2MoreRepz
    48 rlundregan
    49 BIgOrange865
    50 morebarbell
    51 deadwoodgregg
    52 rthawker
    53 keyboardworkout
    54 trimble006
    55 jackbravo
    56 Hishiad
    57 Bloodtype3R

Added 2016-04-22:

58 urbanlifter
    59 SyntheticKiller
    60 Domicron
    61 Mech6
    62 irongrandpa
    63 Bench905
    64 dieselmike
    65 THErunCMD
    66 jdforsy
    67 CliveWarren

Added 2017-05-29:

68 thejosef
    69 Hardgains88
    70 chadsalt
    71 swimmer32
    72 a7stringkilla
    73 1651Naismith
    74 dragon360
    75 MGM711
    76 rpark
    77 cwcmac

Added 2023-08-31:

78 TheDude8734
    79 radrd
    80 Deep-Voiced-One
    81 grumpytude
    82 thedickus
    83 C123C
    84 EricAtl
    85 murphyreedus
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Proud to be a member! I hope this isn't the final group.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #79 ▪█─────█▪

Thanks for the number KBKB and welcome back. Good to be part of the crew!
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #80 ▪█─────█▪

▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #16 ▪[M]====[6]▪

▪█─█▪ Certified workout equipment addict ▪█─█▪

"We're all gonna be alright crew, we got this!"

grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by KBKB View Post

78 TheDude8734
    79 radrd
    80 Deep-Voiced-One
    81 grumpytude
    82 thedickus
    83 C123C
    84 EricAtl
    85 murphyreedus

As to how these names were selected - I went through the public nominations from about a year ago and eliminated anyone who hadn't posted to some Workout Equipment thread over the past year.
    344AAFEC-FDED-4F6E-8B50-BC2A5400A52E.jpeg

Thank you! I spread out some reps.
    I quote with pics. ()---() York Barbell Club #78 (DD) ()---()
    My gym walk thru: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=1629553623#post1629553623

Both Ironmaster and Powertec have a Labor Day weekend sale going on now. Ironmaster's is 20% off on select items and Powertec is 10% off.

Originally Posted by KBKB View Post

78 TheDude8734
    79 radrd
    80 Deep-Voiced-One
    81 grumpytude
    82 thedickus
    83 C123C
    84 EricAtl
    85 murphyreedus
    Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    I hope this isn't the final group.

bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Both Ironmaster and Powertec have a Labor Day weekend sale going on now. Ironmaster's is 20% off on select items and Powertec is 10% off.
    Thanks for the heads up, picked up the Ultimate Row Handle.

My equipment brain logic tells me that I can use the "savings" from not going with the Rogue to justify something like the Powertec leg press, because $1300 - $700 = $1399, or something.

Yo Murph, 10% off Labor Day weekend sale on the Powertec website if you wanted to claim the leg press.

Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, picked up the Ultimate Row Handle.

No prob, good you got to score a discount on it. Looks like a cool attachment.

thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Titan Fitness has their single post competition flat bench on sale through noon on Sunday for $99.97. No coupon code, just flash sale price, close to half off if anyone is looking for a flat bench. Can't remember if Titan charges shipping or not, I know IronMaster doesn't.
    "It is my own fault for replying in a smith thread." deadwoodgregg

Ordained Minister of Perpetual Consumption and all around righteous dude.

My home gym pictures: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1632857623&viewfull=1#post1632857623

My workout journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120169181

Yo Murph, 10% off Labor Day weekend sale on the Powertec website if you wanted to claim the leg press.
    Not a machine I ever thought I would own, but someone was getting rid of a Powerline vertical leg press, so I am giving it a whirl. I will say, despite the obvious cheaper construction, lack of adjustability, and stupid safety design, I don't hate the feel of the movement itself. The Powertec is not off the table and is still what I'd go with if I buy new, but if a heavier duty vertical leg press shows up on the used market I might have to bite.

C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Looks like the spam is under control? Hoping. Haven't been around much due to schedule but when I've checked it's been out of hand. Board looks clean and hoping it stays.

Just started a strength phase recently so gym will be getting better and more focused use. No new adds since the FTX a couple years ago. Always pondering more bars (Marrs or maybe an American Barbell Power Bar - shiny) but more a luxury/whim than any kind of need as I have plenty.

Hope you all are well.
    ▪█─────█▪ Rogue Barbell Crew #27 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Mech6 Crew #26 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #83 ▪█─────█▪

Haven't been able to "rep" many of you for a year or more...not for lack of trying.

Home Gym: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1615740991&viewfull=1#post1615740991

Not a machine I ever thought I would own, but someone was getting rid of a Powerline vertical leg press, so I am giving it a whirl. I will say, despite the obvious cheaper construction, lack of adjustability, and stupid safety design, I don't hate the feel of the movement itself. The Powertec is not off the table and is still what I'd go with if I buy new, but if a heavier duty vertical leg press shows up on the used market I might have to bite.

Right on! I never messed with vertical leg presses much myself, but they're a popular old school option and usually show up somewhat affordable on the market and if, or when you do go new the Powertec is really tough to beat.

Originally Posted by C123C View Post
    Looks like the spam is under control? Hoping. Haven't been around much due to schedule but when I've checked it's been out of hand. Board looks clean and hoping it stays.

Just started a strength phase recently so gym will be getting better and more focused use. No new adds since the FTX a couple years ago. Always pondering more bars (Marrs or maybe an American Barbell Power Bar - shiny) but more a luxury/whim than any kind of need as I have plenty.

Hope you all are well.

The forums been staying real clean for a bit which is good and there seems to be a resurgence in posts little by little. AB's stainless steel bar offerings are nice and I like their smooth sleeves better than Rogue's ribbed ones, I've been curious how the bite on the AB's Chewy Bar's knurling is, the Elite Power Bar has a nice grip yet more passive knurling.

The Marrs Bar has been excellent to use and real comfortable to squat with...if I had one knock towards it it would be storing it, or if you train inside the rack with it along with a bar for other movements on the other side of the rack depending on the distance between the uprights it could eat up a bit of space in there other than that it's a solid bar and a daily driver in my routine.

Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The Marrs Bar has been excellent to use and real comfortable to squat with...if I had one knock towards it it would be storing it, or if you train inside the rack with it along with a bar for other movements on the other side of the rack depending on the distance between the uprights it could eat up a bit of space in there other than that it's a solid bar and a daily driver in my routine.
    lol, I think some of you get a bit spoiled . One advantage of using conjugate (max effort) for so long is you get used to changing out bars every session. I literally rotate 8 bars regularly just for squatting:
    duffalo bar
    squat bar
    regular power bar when I use the harness
    ssb
    giant cambered bar
    transformer bar
    spider bar
    rogue cb4

If I were you I'd just take the bar out of the rack when done using it and not worry about storing it in there.
    ▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #61 ▪█──█▪

Originally Posted by Mech6 View Post
    lol, I think some of you get a bit spoiled . One advantage of using conjugate (max effort) for so long is you get used to changing out bars every session. I literally rotate 8 bars regularly just for squatting:
    duffalo bar
    squat bar
    regular power bar when I use the harness
    ssb
    giant cambered bar
    transformer bar
    spider bar
    rogue cb4

If I were you I'd just take the bar out of the rack when done using it and not worry about storing it in there.

I'm so cramped of space in the garage that it's my only option...it's bad enough that most of my speciality bars have to be butted up against the wall at angle when not in use and the Marrs Bar would be an absolute nightmare to store that way lol.

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm so cramped of space in the garage that it's my only option...it's bad enough that most of my speciality bars have to be butted up against the wall at angle when not in use and the Marrs Bar would be an absolute nightmare to store that way lol.
    I'm still finding that hanging it from the ceiling is my ideal solution. It's entirely out of the way when not in use and standing on a plyo box to get it down is no big deal.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #79 ▪█─────█▪

Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    I'm still finding that hanging it from the ceiling is my ideal solution. It's entirely out of the way when not in use and standing on a plyo box to get it down is no big deal.

I think you and Mech have the right idea with storing the Marrs Bar higher, I was looking at these Darko anchors that are lined with UHMW (a bit pricey, but might be a good storage solution in tight spaces).

They have two styles, the anchor style up top...

https://darkolifting.com/products/the-barbell-anchor

Or the dock style as a single, or double hook...

https://darkolifting.com/products/the-dock-5-8in

I'll probably still go with some spotter arms for the outside of the rack, but these might help with the switching around and tightness in the rack.

I gotta say this new bar from BWTG looks awesome with all its versatility...

https://www.blackwidowtg.com/Viking_..._p/vhs-bar.htm

Page 238 of 244 FirstFirst ... 138 188 228 236 237 238 239 240 ... LastLast