Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by missladyj View Post
    Thanks Cherry! I'm very happy about the progress. It does indeed seem like time has flown by. Have also noticed that about losing around the waist faster with keto. Read somewhere that keto reduces visceral fat more than other diets, wonder if that is why. Used to think it was due to water weight, but then realized that water loss balances out after a while. Do indeed like the idea of my organs shedding fat lol.

As for continuing, I think it is very likely. Not only am I concered about body composition and feel that keto could help me attain that goal easier due to satiety and adherence, but I am very concerned about preventing health issues. My grandfather died of a heart attack at only 40...high BP runs in the family. Diabetes does as well and am beginning to suspect I am insulin resistant to some degree. I gain weight sooooo fast eating carbs. And it really brings out my inner glutton. Then, there is the fact that it is really hard for your teeth to rot out your head (one of my fears, have dreams about teeth falling out) when you don't have sugar sitting on your teeth feeding all the bad bacteria. Then, I get better nutrition because I'm eating more micronutrients from veggies and grass fed butter / fish (barely ate fish before), and going to begin braving liver fried in butter soon. Yes, it is limiting in some ways, but it's not like I can't enjoy carbs every now and then. Really, a carb diet is limiting because you can't eat nearly as much fat! I've been able to eat keto at every restaurant and gas stations have tons of keto friendly things. And it's awesome to eat over 1lbs of ribs and know I have plenty of calories to spare. It just seems practical to stick with it based on the benefits and my goals!
    Hey MLJ! Wow, that's pretty amazing! And i know what you mean about using keto not just for weight loss and body composition but for health too. High blood pressure runs in my family too and I was shocked and in denial when i was first diagnosed in my mid 20's. Ever since it's remained ridiculously high and the only thing that would lower it was meds which I stopped taking due to side effects. Keto is the first thing ever to naturally reverse my high blood pressure and bring it back to close to normal levels now....when my doc said that it was normal and would not prescribe meds, it was an unreal moment and still is. That's about 10 years of HBP that just kept climbing and just like that keto reversed it. I think more than ever these are the things that let me know that keto will probably be my way of eating for life. That coupled with the fact that it continues to help me loose weight...and for the first time as many (including yourself notice)....that it seems visceral fat seems to go first! and fast too! I'm also insulin resistant and before keto could not understand why i'd stall out for months at a time no matter what...so the past few months have been the most consistent weight loss that i've had in my life (with mini stalls but due to monthly cycles etc) and with tape measurements reducing during those times. That never ever happened before.

Sorry for rambling on, Ironically i'm unable to discuss keto in terms of the foods i eat in real life (because i'm still at such a high weight and so no one would take me seriously or say i'm doing it wrong etc etc)...so i'm really thankful for forums like bb that have helped me say all these things as an outlet for just how much keto has changed my life. I keep saying when I'm closer to goal I'll be keeping sticks of butter in my handbag and eating them infront of people's faces for the shock factor haha...but seriously though, when closer to goal I'll openly discuss it IRL as it may help others (friends family etc) too. So sad it gets such a bad rep.

I'm glad to hear your not alone in it and going on the keto journey with your man too. Real life support on such life changing journeys is so so important, in fact it's everything.....but in the absence of that (as is in my case), the online support has been invaluable.

So happy for you and all the benefits your experiencing. All the best as you continue on, your progress really shows in the pics!
    =================
    Total weight lost: 128 lbs
    =================

Starting weight: 378 lbs
    Current weight: 250 lbs

******* 4 years on keto so far - keto4life!!! ***************

my fat loss log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166528931

mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I seriously wish I can live with you OP and be on the same diet.. I think this is great! I'm on a cut myself and find it hard to stay satisfied of hunger with a calorie and carb defecit...

Keep up the great work. I'm lovin the log so far!

Infact, your log has inspired me to try a Keto diet as well.. I've read a few things about Keto in the past and ...

THANK YOU <3 I'm trying it
    "The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be."
    Never Forget Zyzz Brah

missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by cherrygarcia80 View Post

Sorry for rambling on, Ironically i'm unable to discuss keto in terms of the foods i eat in real life (because i'm still at such a high weight and so no one would take me seriously or say i'm doing it wrong etc etc)...so i'm really thankful for forums like bb that have helped me say all these things as an outlet for just how much keto has changed my life.
    It doesn't bother me one bit! One of my hobbies is reading / discussing things that are very interesting to me, so I enjoy hearing about your experience! Sending you a PM in fact so we can discuss it more since I've been bad about making a regular appearance in the log lately

Originally Posted by mot1ve View Post
    I seriously wish I can live with you OP and be on the same diet.. I think this is great! I'm on a cut myself and find it hard to stay satisfied of hunger with a calorie and carb defecit...

Keep up the great work. I'm lovin the log so far!

Infact, your log has inspired me to try a Keto diet as well.. I've read a few things about Keto in the past and ...

THANK YOU <3 I'm trying it

Hahaha! Thank you

That is awesome that my log inspired you to do keto! Are you going to keep a log here? If so, be sure to send me a link.

MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Need an update MLJ!!!

You're almost done, how's the stats today?
    Thus let me live, unseen, unknown;
    Thus unlamented let me die;
    Steal from the world, and not a stone
    Tell where I lie.

2/17/15 - Dunk Tank Results: 15% bf (Omron said 18.6%) - 123.4 lbs LBM

missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Much agreed, long past time for an update lol. Is Day 75 now.

What's new:

- Took a diet break for two weeks, back on the grind starting yesterday.
    - Gained 3 lbs during maintenance.
    - Waist is still 31 inches.
    - No cheats until Thanksgiving...and even then, considering keto Thanksgiving!

Obligatory food pRon:

Think I'm going to put this log in the Losing Fat log section next time like Cherry suggested to me. If my LF chat peoples weren't in here, would barely have any interaction!

Well, just stopped by to say I decided to go with Johnny Candito's Linear Program. My legs are all kinds of sore...but I like it . Can tell that front squats have definitely helped me with learning to stay more upright in back squats.

Day 78

Took some pics today for a more visual update. Still holding a bit of water, weighing in @ 153lbs. Pretty much just maintained for a couple weeks, and now am back to a deficit. I did go out of keto a few times but it wasn't really worth it to be honest. Noticed that I had headaches and just felt a bit unwell in general at random times. Anyway, I'm back in ketosis now and coincidentally, am feeling better.

chubby fit physique of peace

90 days has come and gone! That "time of the month" snuck up on me, so waiting for bloating to subside before taking "after" pics. Will post them asap w/ review and thoughts on keto.

cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hey girl, wow, those 90 days flew right by! Those are some great progress pics too! I'm definitely looking forward to reading the update on your thoughts and review of keto etc Great job girl, WTG!!!
    =================
    Total weight lost: 128 lbs
    =================

Starting weight: 378 lbs
    Current weight: 250 lbs

******* 4 years on keto so far - keto4life!!! ***************

my fat loss log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166528931

I've put this off for so long, many apologies! I have written an article about my final results and thoughts about keto here: http://barbellbunny.com/90-days-of-a...iew-with-pics/

Thanks to all who have supported me!

Created a video today for my 90 experience, check it out here and feel free to let me know what you think: https://youtu.be/6prZKnaJ9KY

Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000) Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000) Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000) Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000) Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000) Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000) Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000) Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000) Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000) Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000) Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000)
    Will you be logging here still, going back to your other log, or starting a new one? I'd like to follow you
    When you know yourself, you are empowered.
    When you accept yourself, you are invincible.

My journal - Ohhh... That's where that went! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170313441

IFBBJENC is just really nice. (+1000) IFBBJENC is just really nice. (+1000) IFBBJENC is just really nice. (+1000) IFBBJENC is just really nice. (+1000) IFBBJENC is just really nice. (+1000) IFBBJENC is just really nice. (+1000) IFBBJENC is just really nice. (+1000) IFBBJENC is just really nice. (+1000) IFBBJENC is just really nice. (+1000) IFBBJENC is just really nice. (+1000) IFBBJENC is just really nice. (+1000)
    This was excellent to read! I know I'm late, but I enjoyed reading through. Thanks for some great info and links.
    Team 360CUT
    www.360Cut.com
    Http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/360cut.html

LIKE AND FOLLOW US
    ********: ********.com/360cut Twitter: @360cut Instagram: @360cut

Originally Posted by IFBBJENC View Post
    This was excellent to read! I know I'm late, but I enjoyed reading through. Thanks for some great info and links.
    No problem, thank you for checking it out