Clovus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Clovus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Clovus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Clovus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Clovus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Clovus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Clovus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Clovus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Clovus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Clovus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Clovus is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Recommend a program for a 6'5 270lbs intermediate

Ive been doing a beginners program for 6 months now and I'm lagging. Can anyone recommend me a good program for my size?

shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Goals?
    What do you mean lagging?
    What are your current lifts?

Training for 6 months really does not get you out of beginner status if that is the total extent of your training, but if you are just looking for new programming tell us more about what program you are currently running and what you don't like about it.

Fierce 5, Allpro, Starting Strength, 531, or you could go with a good PPL program.

I have run Allpro for 7 cycles and I like it a lot, am about to move onto 531. There are a ton of programs to choose from. Do some research and pick one based on your goals.

Clovus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Clovus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Clovus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Clovus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Clovus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Clovus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Clovus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Clovus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Clovus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Clovus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Clovus is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    When I say "program" what I really meant was working myself into the gym. No real structure just me turning up and using just whatever, keeping in shape or atleast trying to.

shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I started out at 288 pounds. This is what I did, I got my nutrition squared away. That is the most important part of all of this.

1. I got an app for my smart phone called myfitnesspal.
    2. I purchased a food scale so I could weigh my food and know how many calories I was actually eating a day.
    3. I figured out what a macro was, and learned how many of those things I needed a day.
    4. I then found a program that would work for a person looking to lose a good amount of weight. I chose Allpro's beginner program.
    5. I started a journal here to keep me motivated and accountable to someone more than myself, it is surprising how well that really works.

I recommend doing the same thing.

Nutritional sticky ->http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=156380183

Easy Macro calculator -> http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

Allpro ->http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=160947761

It really doesn't get any easier than that. Stick with it and you are guaranteed success, seriously.

Thanks but this is kind of awkward... because I'm not fat.

Ok. Well then pick a strength based program and follow it. Diet is still important, as are macros. And everything I just gave you links for are easy ways to track, calculate, and learn about nutrition.

If you are not looking to lose weight, try Fierce 5, or starting strength.

hawaiistack is just really nice. (+1000) hawaiistack is just really nice. (+1000) hawaiistack is just really nice. (+1000) hawaiistack is just really nice. (+1000) hawaiistack is just really nice. (+1000) hawaiistack is just really nice. (+1000) hawaiistack is just really nice. (+1000) hawaiistack is just really nice. (+1000) hawaiistack is just really nice. (+1000) hawaiistack is just really nice. (+1000) hawaiistack is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Clovus View Post
    Thanks but this is kind of awkward... because I'm not fat.
    6'5" 270 not fat. OK..
    So what are your goals? Get leaner? Get bigger? Stronger? If strength, I recommend a 531 or starting strength. Either way, reading the nutritional sticky on calculating Macros is a must, and getting a diet that accompanies your goals will yield the best results.
    **Hates stupid Hats crew**