Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ShreddedSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShreddedSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShreddedSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShreddedSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShreddedSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShreddedSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShreddedSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShreddedSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShreddedSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShreddedSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShreddedSix will become famous soon enough. (+50)

My apartment home gym...

I recently decided to build a home gym in my apartment, but had limited space to work with. After doing a bunch of research, here's what I ended up getting

Rogue HR-2 (Half Rack):
    I was undecided between the RML-390F full rack and the HR-2 half rack, especially since with the spotter arms the half rack is actually more expensive. I went in and compared both types of racks at a box store and ultimately decided on a half rack. While yes, both share the same footprint, the way they LOOK (and make the rest of the room look) in a smaller space is considerably different. As an added bonus, I didn't need to make room for a weight tree since I could throw the plates directly onto the half rack.

Pros:
    -It's super sturdy. I've done dips and pullups from this thing and it doesn't move at all. The extra 400lbs or so of weights on the storage really help stabilize the rack even though it'd not bolted down.
    -Doesn't overpower the rest of the room nearly as much.

Cons:
    -After I was done adding the spotter arms, the plate storage, etc...I was in the same price range as more "upscale" brands. That being said, I knew when I do have a larger space I'll have the option to upgrade the rack to a full one pretty easily if I went with Rogue.
    -Since the plate storage is an addon, the bolts for each plate stoage stick out. Since I have rubber plates I'm worried they're gonna get scratched up unless I leave some spacing between the screws and my plates.

Highly recommended, would buy again!!!

Rogue Matador (Dip attachment)
    I ordered this attachment, but was a little nervous after reading some of the reviews on Rogue's website where people were saying the arms were too wide. I called Rogue's customer service line and asked them about it and they said "We've been getting a lot of questions about this. This is absolutely not true, especially if you're of normal size. We don't delete any reviews because we want transparency, but order the attachment, it'll work out great." I went ahead and ordered but still had a little doubt in my mind, like a "of course you'd say that about your product." However, after receiving and using it for for two workouts now, they're absolutely right. Both me (5'10") and a friend (5'4" female) used it and found it to work wonderfully.

Pros:
    This thing is built like a tank and does not move at all while in use.
    Just the right width for both me and my friend (5'10" and 5'4").

Cons:
    Can't think of any.

Hampton IB-72CE
    I went with a 6' bar instead of a 7' bar, again because of limited space. This bar is built solid and fits on a rack like a normal 7' bar because they've reduced the size of the collars.

Pros:
    I find it less unweildy when doing things like bicep curls
    Fits on a rack

Cons:
    Because of it's smaller size (plates sit closer to the end of bar) and lighter weight (30lbs), it's more likely to tip over if u load up one side with a few plates without first balancing it on the other side.
    Can only fit three 45's (plus a collar) on each side.

It's recommended if you're in a really tight space, but personally I wish I would have gone with something like a regular 7' Ohio Power Bar. If for no other reason than the fact that every time I load up one side I worry that the other side is going to tip over.

Powerblock u-90 Stage 2
    I wanted a compact set of adjustable dumbbells. I had a set of the bowflex ones back in the day and the difference with these is night and day. Before I ordered them I was concerned that they'd be way too big and unweildy making exercises difficult, but they are absolutely comfortable to hold and use. I haven't found a single exercise I haven't been able to do yet. So far I've gotten the 70lb upgrade and will upgrade to 90lbs when I need them.

Pros:
    Super easy and comfortable to use

Cons:
    Stand is expensive so I have to deadlift the weights off the floor each time I want to use them

Ivanko EZ-Lift colored rubber plates
    I saw pictures of these online and fell in love. These cost a pretty penny for sure, but I didn't care, I had to have them. My excitement quickly faded when i received these plates. The quality control on these plates suck...almost every single plate I received has scruffs, blemishes, or other imperfections. These were bought and delivered brand new...they came individually wrapped and boxed. After reading online further, it seems as though I'm not the only one whose been unhappy with these. I saw some other posts on this forum and elsewhere where buyers of these plates experienced the same thing with the scruffs and blemishes. After paying $4.00+/lb for these, I'm really disappointed. Two of the plates are especially bad (one has what appears to be marks where the rubber was burned and the other has areas where the rubber has hardened.) Ivanko has been sent a message about it, and have yet to reply 4 days later. Hopefully they take care of me.

Pros:
    Look gorgeous
    Quieter than iron and urethane, which was really important to me being in an apartment

Cons:
    Quality control sucks. (read above)

I can't speak to Ivankos other plates, but I would NOT recommend getting these unless buying used or getting at a much cheaper price.

Ironmaster Super bench
    I was already having buyers remorse on this bench before I even received it. I bought it because of the positive reviews on this site but then started worrying about the bench height, and the stability. i decided to try it out for a few weeks and if I didn't like it to return it and grab a Rogue AB-2 or Rae Crowther. While the bench was a little on the high side, I didn't find it to be an issue at all (i'm 5'10"). I love the amount of incline positions on the bench and the variety of attachments. Ironmaster gives you 30 days to return it for a full refund including shipping, however after trying it for a few weeks I couldn't think of a single good reason to upgrade this bench, especially when the upgrade would cost 3.5x the price of this bench.

Pros:
    Sturdy, solidly built, doesn't move.
    Lots of incline positions and attachments. I'm thinking about getting the preacher attachment,

Cons:
    The cushion is a little on the soft side compared to other benches I've used.

If you're in my height range of around 5'10" I recommend this bench. I can see how shorter people would have a problem putting their feet firmly on the ground, and taller people would have a problem with the seat height when positioned upright, but I've not found either to be an issue at my height.
    Last edited by ShreddedSix; 08-21-2015 at 01:04 AM.

ShreddedSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShreddedSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShreddedSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShreddedSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShreddedSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShreddedSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShreddedSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShreddedSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShreddedSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShreddedSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShreddedSix will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Here's some pics for now. I'll take some better shots tomorrow and get them posted up after I get my my final plate storage set up for my smaller plates.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by ShreddedSix; 08-20-2015 at 05:46 PM.

daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you're worried about the bolts for the plate storage damaging your plates, you could turn the bolts around so the heads face outwards.

Alternatively, you could purchase some cheap plates from Walmart and load them onto the pins prior to loading your Ivankos.

This will prevent the better plates from contacting the bolts.

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Good equipment choices.

Bummer about the colored revos. Hopefully, Ivanko takes care of you.

Vinko talked about making a high quality 6 foot bar on the forum a few years back. Not sure what happened to the project.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=137252853
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew ^^^^^^

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice equipment. You're off to a great start.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice gym and well thought out. It's a shame the weights aren't perfect. For the price I wouldn't want anything but. Keep us informed.
    ▪██─────██▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #3 ▪██─────██▪

○---○ [[[[-----]]]] York Barbell Crew #52 [[[[-----]]]] ○---○
    ( DD Crew, Globes, Kg's, + )

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #45 ▪█─────█▪

~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

Mechanon84 is just really nice. (+1000) Mechanon84 is just really nice. (+1000) Mechanon84 is just really nice. (+1000) Mechanon84 is just really nice. (+1000) Mechanon84 is just really nice. (+1000) Mechanon84 is just really nice. (+1000) Mechanon84 is just really nice. (+1000) Mechanon84 is just really nice. (+1000) Mechanon84 is just really nice. (+1000) Mechanon84 is just really nice. (+1000) Mechanon84 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ShreddedSix View Post
    Here's some pics for now. I'll take some better shots tomorrow and get them posted up after I get my my final plate storage set up for my smaller plates.

jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000) jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000) jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000) jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000) jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000) jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000) jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000) jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000) jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000) jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000) jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000)
    Good looking setup. Congrats!
    ▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #1 ▪[M]====[6]▪

My gym progress: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168508603

dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Very nicely done.
    ▪[[────]]▪ York Barbell Club #65 ▪[[────]]▪
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #65 []---[]
    ▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #3 ▪[M]===[6]▪
    ─</>─<\>─ BWTG Cluster #65 ─</>─<\>─
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #65 ||---|| ▪█────█▪ Equipment Crew #74 ▪█────█▪

Sig line is not a novel.

Thank you all for the comments and help. Aside from powerblock, I had never heard of a single one of the brands I purchased until researching on this forum. The recommendations you guys make are legit and I'm super happy with everything I got. Thank you!

Robfitx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Robfitx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Robfitx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Robfitx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Robfitx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Robfitx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Robfitx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Robfitx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Robfitx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Robfitx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Robfitx has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Nice setup!
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #15 ||---||

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Your set up looks great, you've bought quality equipment that works with the space you have. How smooth do the sleeves spin on the Hampton 6' bar, I have one and one sleeve is smooth, but the other isn't. Just curious how yours' is better.
    Now OK for Sig line to be a novel

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Awesome home gym!
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Excellent set up!
    Workout Log:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=179207031

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I had to go 90x90 on my HR-2 because the bolts are where my j-hooks sit for squat and press.

I went with the channel plate holders but I think the bolt on look a little nicer.

Looks like you have plenty of room to add the change plate holder.

http://www.roguefitness.com/bolt-on-...-plate-storage

You should be able to come up with something to slide over the storage pins to prevent your plates from contacting the bolts. Maybe a big o-ring?

morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ...After paying $4.00+/lb for these, I'm really disappointed. Two of the plates are especially bad (one has what appears to be marks where the rubber was burned and the other has areas where the rubber has hardened.) Ivanko has been sent a message about it, and have yet to reply 4 days later. Hopefully they take care of me.
    If you bought from a dealer, you might contact the dealer first. Iirc from prior discussion, their policy is that claims are supposed to go through the dealer first... they need to earn their cut.

Otherwise, I'd recommend giving Ivanko a call. I've always gotten someone on the phone whenever I've called during business hours.

Sorry that you've had trouble. Good luck!
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #32 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #43 ()---() ▉---▉ Equipment Crew #50 ▉---▉

snova031 is just really nice. (+1000) snova031 is just really nice. (+1000) snova031 is just really nice. (+1000) snova031 is just really nice. (+1000) snova031 is just really nice. (+1000) snova031 is just really nice. (+1000) snova031 is just really nice. (+1000) snova031 is just really nice. (+1000) snova031 is just really nice. (+1000) snova031 is just really nice. (+1000) snova031 is just really nice. (+1000)
    -Since the plate storage is an addon, the bolts for each plate stoage stick out. Since I have rubber plates I'm worried they're gonna get scratched up unless I leave some spacing between the screws and my plates.
    Mech mentioned using McMaster 9540K796 for bumpers on the weight horns:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/121/3822/=ylbmpi
    ──<//>─<\\>── BWTG Cluster #2 ──<//>─<\\>──

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #8 ||---||

smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    wow over $4 a pound for those? I know you want the rubber for quietness, but at that price point I would get these ivanko instead, more beautiful!
    Best Raw total 1850 at 181 lbs
    best comp raw lifts @ 181
    squat 710
    bench 500
    deadlift 670
    "Lightest man to bench 500 raw in a full meet"
    my you tube channel of my training http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkt7CVJ7443k6Vu_1DwP3UA
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #9 ||---||
    ()---() York Barbell Club #81 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #81 []---[]

THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great setup! bummer the plates weren't perfect on delivery but hopefully it gets resolved.
    "Yea, though I farmer's walk through the valley of the shadow of deadlift, I will fear no repetition: for the power rack art with me; thy plate and thy barbell they comfort me."

()---() York Barbell Club #48 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #40 []---[]
    [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #6 [M]===[6]
    ▪█──────█▪ Equipment Crew #64 ▪█──────█▪

Originally Posted by irongrandpa View Post
    Your set up looks great, you've bought quality equipment that works with the space you have. How smooth do the sleeves spin on the Hampton 6' bar, I have one and one sleeve is smooth, but the other isn't. Just curious how yours' is better.
    By smooth do u mean they spin freely, as in keep spinning after u give it a forceful spin? If so, neither side does that.

That being said, my EZ-Curl bar is also a Hampton bar, and all 4 sleeves (both the 6' and the EZ curl) spin about the same, none are really that smooth.

Originally Posted by keyboardworkout View Post
    I had to go 90x90 on my HR-2 because the bolts are where my j-hooks sit for squat and press.

I went with the channel plate holders but I think the bolt on look a little nicer.

Looks like you have plenty of room to add the change plate holder.

You should be able to come up with something to slide over the storage pins to prevent your plates from contacting the bolts. Maybe a big o-ring?
    I actually have another plate storage sitting in my closet. Apparently the rogue pullup bars don't ship with hardware so I was a few screws short and used the final plate storage screws for the pullup bar. Rogue was nice enough to send me more hardware free of charge and it should be arriving at some point today.

Originally Posted by morebarbell View Post
    If you bought from a dealer, you might contact the dealer first. Iirc from prior discussion, their policy is that claims are supposed to go through the dealer first... they need to earn their cut.

Otherwise, I'd recommend giving Ivanko a call. I've always gotten someone on the phone whenever I've called during business hours.

Sorry that you've had trouble. Good luck!
    I did buy it through a dealer (Ironcompany) and the guy I've been working with over there (Blair) has been really great. Honestly, I think it's just a bunch of people that are busy, not so much that I'm being avoiding or anything like that. I'll be sure to keep everyone updated.

Originally Posted by snova031 View Post
    Mech mentioned using McMaster 9540K796 for bumpers on the weight horns:
    Thats perfect, exactly what I was looking for! Just gotta figure out which ones I need.

Originally Posted by smokinHawk View Post
    wow over $4 a pound for those? I know you want the rubber for quietness, but at that price point I would get these ivanko instead, more beautiful!
    Nah, I prefer the revolvers.

Funny story...I was watching a youtube video last night of this Australian bodybuilder guy, and he grabbed 60lb dumbbells and was doing dumbbell bench presses with them and kinda struggling, and i was thinking "what is this guys problem?". Then I realized...ohhh, they're not 60lbs, they're actually 60kg (150lbs)! My brain doesn't work in KG, lol.

Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    nice setup, jealous you get to buy new...can't wait to buy a bunch of high end, matching set of iron brand new...it'll be a while..

when you ordered through IronCompany, was there a lot of back and forth on price? were they able to come down at all? or is it "this is the price, take it or leave it" kind of thing?
    Domicron's Basement Gym and Fun House
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1451901723&viewfull=1#post1451901723

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #60

Originally Posted by Domicron View Post
    nice setup, jealous you get to buy new...can't wait to buy a bunch of high end, matching set of iron brand new...it'll be a while..

when you ordered through IronCompany, was there a lot of back and forth on price? were they able to come down at all? or is it "this is the price, take it or leave it" kind of thing?
    Honestly, I just wanted the plates as fast as possible with the least amount of effort. Because of the size of my order and relatively short shipping distance (2 hours away), I might have been able to get SOME cash knocked off. I could have also gone with another company and not paid sales tax. However, Blair (director of operations at Ironcompany) provided me with excellent service on a prior order so I was happy to use him again.

I'd assume it would probably depend on the size of your order, shipping distance, etc. That being said, you can probably contact Blair and ask. Sorry I wasn't of more help.

Got my hardware delivered today and put up my last two plate storage arms. Rogue is a class act...even though I didn't know that the pullup bar didn't come with hardware, I called them up and asked for some, and they happily sent it out to me free of charge.

Here's a picture of the rack with all plate storage installed and also one of the dip station. Can someone please embed for me?
    Attached Images

Mechanon84 is just really nice. (+1000) Mechanon84 is just really nice. (+1000) Mechanon84 is just really nice. (+1000) Mechanon84 is just really nice. (+1000) Mechanon84 is just really nice. (+1000) Mechanon84 is just really nice. (+1000) Mechanon84 is just really nice. (+1000) Mechanon84 is just really nice. (+1000) Mechanon84 is just really nice. (+1000) Mechanon84 is just really nice. (+1000) Mechanon84 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Can someone please embed for me?
    Donezo

Is it too wobbly if you mount the dip station sideways so you don't have to remove the spotter arm?

Originally Posted by Mechanon84 View Post
    Is it too wobbly if you mount the dip station sideways so you don't have to remove the spotter arm?
    Not at all, thats how I do my dips actually. I just stuck it on the front for the picture.

Before I got the rack, I was actually planning to buy a second pull up bar to stick between the rear uprights for added stability, however, after setting up the rack I realize theres absolutely no need to do this.
    Last edited by ShreddedSix; 08-21-2015 at 04:21 PM.

I don't know if you noticed but on my HR-2 I added the triangle plates to the inside of the weight storage posts as well. Four total.

I made two small spacers for each side of the pullup bar. Made the rack a little more stable.

Originally Posted by keyboardworkout View Post
    I don't know if you noticed but on my HR-2 I added the triangle plates to the inside of the weight storage posts as well. Four total.

I made two small spacers for each side of the pullup bar. Made the rack a little more stable.
    Thats pretty cool, have you noticed any more trouble reracking the bar?

Bar reracking never even crossed my mind until my friend started working out with me....for some reason she's always too far to the left or right to rerack properly, and always setting the bar collar on the jcups.

daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Bar reracking never even crossed my mind until my friend started working out with me....for some reason she's always too far to the left or right to rerack properly, and always setting the bar collar on the jcups.
    Try moving your gym out of the kitchen.

Originally Posted by daniel327 View Post
    try moving your gym out of the kitchen.
    lmao!!!