Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    God of Slowdown Synthetickiller's Avatar
    Synthetickiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Synthetickiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Synthetickiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Synthetickiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Synthetickiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Synthetickiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Synthetickiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Synthetickiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Synthetickiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Synthetickiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Synthetickiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Long term ShouldeRk Review

ShouldeRk

Preface:

I ordered the ShouldeRk to correct issues I was & currently am having some shoulder problems & bicep tendonitis due to low bar squats, along with issues warming up my shoulders before heavy pressing.

In my search for answers, I came across the product on Youtube. These two specific videos got me interested in the product:

There are more videos on Youtube about the device & the science behind using this loadable mace. Id rather not paraphrase. If youre interested in it, take the time to watch the videos as Chris does a far better job explaining the benefits of mace swings. If not, why are you here? Move onto another thread!

I consider this a "long term" review. Instead of just ordering the mace & telling you guys that it seems to be built well after using it once or twice, I decided to carry it through my training & get actual feedback of how my body reacted (positively or negatively). While this isn't something like a solid 6+ months of use, I felt it was long enough to experience a change in my motor neural patterns, cuing, flexibility, mobility, increase or decrease in pain, stiffness & discomfort. I will continually be using the device, so if anyone down the line wants to see a review over a longer period of time, just bump the

Build Quality:

First, Ill start with the stats of the ShouldeRk. Mine weighs 8 lb 8.2 oz / 3.682kg. Its just a hair over 4 long. The knurled portion of the bar is 14 long. The diameter of the knurled portion is 28.75mm. The top of the knurled portion is flared to about 39.4mm The threading is CNCd, as is the collar. The end cap is positioned so that plates cannot fly off & cause injury or kill someone. The plate loading portion fits almost all plates (Id bet dollars to cents, all of your plates fit). It will fit far more weight than anyone on this forum can or will ever handle.

Here's a full shot of the mace:

The knurling is the diamond style that has the round dimple in the middle. I am used to two bars, an Ivanko OBX-20kg & an Arctic Wolf Squat bar. Both of these have deep, solid knurling & knurling that hurts like hell respectively. The knurling is much finer, but the grip is solid. I have not once had issues holding onto the bar due to knurling. I have had my hands slide a bit due to not gripping as hard as I should & the flanged area at the end has stopped me from losing the bar & just to keep on warming up using only 4 or 3 digits total. This is a well thought out design.

Shots of knurling & flange:

The CNCd collar holds snug. Theres no play at all. As for plate fitment, this is interesting. All my crappy Champion / Standard plates fit. My tiny York collection fits. All VTX & Troy plates fits (my VTX 10s fit super snug & remove some rubber, so those plates are not recommended either, but they do fit). Ivanko are another story. All my calibrated plates (CBP/CBPP) fit. All of my OCM plates fit. Every single OM plate fits, other than my 1.25 lb plates. I have no clue why, but none fit. While this is normally not an issue, this device almost requires micro-loading. 2.5 lb can be a big jump, especially at first. Should you be concerned that your plates wont fit? No!

Shots of end cap, loading area & collar:

Crews: Ivanko Barbell Crew #52, York Barbell Club #95, Equipment Crew #59
    First meet lifts: 240/180/325 (lb) @ 132.
    Gym PRs @90kg (191 lb): S 260kg, B 152.5kg, D 220kg
    Gym PRs @ 105kg : S 608x1, B 354x2, D 469 (conventional)

[Review] Don't buy Texas Strength Systems: tinyurl.com/hzx8w6m | [Review] Duffalo Bar: tinyurl.com/ha7swlk
    My version of Sheiko: http://goo.gl/tzbE2R
    Normal people produce normal results.

Synthetickiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Synthetickiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Synthetickiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Synthetickiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Synthetickiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Synthetickiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Synthetickiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Synthetickiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Synthetickiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Synthetickiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Synthetickiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Shots of Plates:

Ivanko 2.5 lb OCMs (4 plates max out the loading area):

Shot of 10 lb VTX plate, 5kg Ivanko CBPP plate, & Ivanko OM 5 lb plate (ALL FIT, but VTX is too snug):

Shot of 10 lb Champion plate, 5 lb vintage York plate, 2.5 lb Sports Authority plate & Ivanko OM 1.25 lb plate (The 1.25 lb plate does NOT fit):

This is a solid piece that will hold up for as long as youre a lifter.

Using the Shoulderok:

I will not reiterate what has been said by Chris Duffin. Instead, Ill provide you with my experience during an entire 5 week training cycle of using it.

The first week was an off week, so I could entirely focus on using the ShouldeRk. I began only loading it with a 2.5 lb plate. At first, the movement was excessively hard from a coordination point of view. Its strange to have an issue with a 2.5 lb plate & its a humbling experience. Although the recommended routine per week is 20 reps (10 per side), 3 days a week, I decided to do the movement every day. At first, I just had the swing the mace behind myself to feel out the movement. It took a solid 2 days of far more than 20 reps each day to get the feeling down to where I swing it with proper or at least acceptable form. I kept the weight at 2.5 lb for the first week.

The second week, 3rd, 4th & 5th moved up slowly. First 2.5 lb, then 2.5 lb + 0.5kg (1.1 lb) for 2 days, then 2.5 + 2.5, 2.5 + 2.5 + 1.1, then 7.5 lb, 7.5 + 1.1. Each for 2 or 3 days. After that, I spend 2 or 3 days at the same weight, 7.5 lb, 10 lb, 12.5 lb & eventually 15 lb. Sorry for all the numbers, but you get the idea. On the 4 days I lifted, 7.5 lb eventually became the go to warm up weight. I did not pre-load with 2.5 or 5 lb. I just grabbed 7.5 & warmed up w/ 1 set of 20 per side. On my 3 off days, I would work up to sets of 10 with 10, 12.5 & 15 lb. This was the furthest I progressed in 5 weeks. Progress becomes quick, until a point. I dont know how easy it will be to get to 20 lb. Granted, thats not the point of the device. I still like to use it on off days as a way to work my shoulders a little bit & feel warmed up

In terms of warm ups, Ive gone through a few shoulder & upper body warm ups that I felt were too time consuming & I still felt like crap while warming up during the first sets of bench press. With this mace, that went away, I felt warmed up & could jump to 200+ immediately. I never bothered to test it, but it made all warm ups (bar, 99 lb, 187 lb, 220+) feel solid & easy. I didnt feel instability & any pain I was getting from some slight tendonitis had decreased to a tolerable level. The same can be said for squats. While Id get some pain on heavier sets, it was bearable & thats a big deal to be able to train vs not to train at all.

While stronger, more flexible & mobile shoulders are a huge plus, there were other benefits.

My wrist strength improved. My neck & back felt much less stiff than normal. The main secondary benefit came in the ability to neutrally stabilize my spine dynamically. In other words, I can now keep my core extremely stable while moving about, talking, etc. Blowing up like a balloon to create a stable base while lifting isnt really necessary anymore. Because of this, my posture has improved; I have less back/neck pain & feel better. I can now do heavy triples while squatting & breathe between each rep without losing tightness or my upper back caving in. While I learn to do that more so from information provided by Boris Sheiko, using the ShouldeRk make application of the concept easier & I was able to adjust to that method quickly & painlessly using 80%+ of my max.

Im still blown away that a warm up that requires only 90 seconds can make me feel this good.
    Considering its 4 long, I have to go outside to use it. I consider that a plus as it forced me, even on a training day to go outside. Its only bad when we have heavy rain or lightning, lol.

Im further blown away that Chris Duffin can use 50 lbs with this beast & use around 25 lb single handedly. Ill get there one day

Wish List:

Im honestly jealous of Chriss custom black version with a longer loadable area. If I could get a black one, Id sell mine at a discounted price. Just please dont ask if Ill sell mine for cheap. Ill never be without this tool.

Other than that one gripe, I cant really say theres anything about the product I cant stand or wish was changed after using it for other a month. Its a well thought out mace that has most likely gone through a number of iterations before stopping at whats on the market.

Final thoughts:

Obviously, I like the product. I feel saying BUY IT NOW! would do everyone a disservice.

If you dont have shoulder issues, be it lack of strength, mobility, &/or flexibility, this might not be necessary for you. If you play sports where you already use your shoulders in a more dynamic fashion (but not as strenuous), again, this may not be a necessary tool. If you dont lift very heavy, it may be unnecessary for you. If you have other, more predominant dysfunctions, other tools might be a better fit until those issues are fixed. This is not a magic pill but its getting there. Even saying all of that, I dont think anyone can argue against a quick, effective shoulder / upper body warm up.

This device was designed by a powerlifter, most likely with powerlifting & stressful sports in mind. If you are someone who trains heavy or competes in track & field (throwing events), even baseball or basketball where your shoulders are utilized, this might be the silver bullet in fixing dysfunctions, while not eating up all of your time.

The device showed me that despite feeling like I had good range of motion & actually having good range of motion, my dynamic range of motion & neural patterning was not ideal. I think its starting to become less of an issue for me now, just after 5 weeks of using the Shoulderok.

[Review] Don't buy Texas Strength Systems: tinyurl.com/hzx8w6m | [Review] Duffalo Bar: tinyurl.com/ha7swlk

adamsz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) adamsz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) adamsz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) adamsz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) adamsz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) adamsz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) adamsz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) adamsz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) adamsz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) adamsz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) adamsz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    10/10 review. Thanks for the excellent write-up.
    My 1 year natty transformation thread --------> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157144143

My workout log --------> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150448553

Best Gym Lifts / Best Competition lifts (raw)

Squat: lol fml
    Bench Press: 400 / 380
    Deadlift: 650 / 585

Mechanon84 is just really nice. (+1000) Mechanon84 is just really nice. (+1000) Mechanon84 is just really nice. (+1000) Mechanon84 is just really nice. (+1000) Mechanon84 is just really nice. (+1000) Mechanon84 is just really nice. (+1000) Mechanon84 is just really nice. (+1000) Mechanon84 is just really nice. (+1000) Mechanon84 is just really nice. (+1000) Mechanon84 is just really nice. (+1000) Mechanon84 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Nice review. Have you ever trained with a standard macebell or clubbells? Does this offer any advantage over a typical macebell besides the adjustability?

Originally Posted by adamsz View Post
    10/10 review. Thanks for the excellent write-up.
    Thanks. I try.

Originally Posted by Mechanon84 View Post
    Nice review. Have you ever trained with a standard macebell or clubbells? Does this offer any advantage over a typical macebell besides the adjustability?
    I have had no experience with any mace before I bought this.
    Here's a small list of why I went with this instead of clubs (ignoring adjustability).

1. Cost
    I didn't have to bother buying multiple clubs as my strength increased. Having a variety of clubs even with only 2.5 lb weight increases would become very, very expensive.

2. Storage
    I don't have to worry about where to store 3, 4, 5, 6 or 10 of these things. While they are cool, that's just a pain & I'd rather have more storage for other equipment.

3. Not interested in a loadable mace (not plates)
    I'd rather not have to weigh out lead shot every time I want a different amount of weight. Again, that's a pain & a waste of time.

4. Not interested in other plate loaded Indian clubs
    I don't need to waste more storage area & money on standard 1" plates that are only used for this. As you can see, I have more than enough change plates to get the job done.

5. Portability.
    It's easy for me to walk outside & carry a couple 5 lb & 2.5 lb plates. Carrying multiple indian clubs just makes life more difficult. It's just another con.

6. Knurling.
    I really, really like the grip. I never need chalk. It's helped maintain my grip when I pushed for weight a tad too heavy for me to handle. I doubt the grip on a wooden handle would be as good.

7. Longer lasting.
    I'm using this outside. Sometimes it hits dirt, or the floor or concrete. It's aluminium. It will never rust or rot. Wood will wear break down over time or at the very least, require another coat of varnish. More work that I don't need to waste time with.

Don't get me wrong. I think maces & Indian clubs are cool. Collections of them are even cooler. For a guy like me who uses this as a warm up tool & for neural patterning & cuing, I'd rather not have a collecting for a device I use for 90 seconds on a lifting day & 2 to 3 minutes on an off day.

daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'd be interested to see how using this device compares to swinging a Bulgarian bag.

smokinHawk is a name known to all. (+5000) smokinHawk is a name known to all. (+5000) smokinHawk is a name known to all. (+5000) smokinHawk is a name known to all. (+5000) smokinHawk is a name known to all. (+5000) smokinHawk is a name known to all. (+5000) smokinHawk is a name known to all. (+5000) smokinHawk is a name known to all. (+5000) smokinHawk is a name known to all. (+5000) smokinHawk is a name known to all. (+5000) smokinHawk is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I am glad to hear and independent review that doing this actually helps shoulders pain. thanks.
    I guess I didnt check what material it was made of, nice that it is aluminum that it wont rust.
    I am tempted to get one, once I get some available money.
    Best Raw total 1850 at 181 lbs
    best comp raw lifts @ 181
    squat 710
    bench 500
    deadlift 670
    "Lightest man to bench 500 raw in a full meet"
    my you tube channel of my training http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkt7CVJ7443k6Vu_1DwP3UA
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #9 ||---||
    ()---() York Barbell Club #81 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #81 []---[]

Originally Posted by daniel327 View Post
    I'd be interested to see how using this device compares to swinging a Bulgarian bag.
    Send me one & I'll do a comparison.
    I just ordered another bar, so I can't justify another purchase.

Originally Posted by smokinHawk View Post
    I am glad to hear and independent review that doing this actually helps shoulders pain. thanks.
    I guess I didnt check what material it was made of, nice that it is aluminum that it wont rust.
    I am tempted to get one, once I get some available money.
    The main benefit for me is the warm up. My shoulders get read for heavy pressing. Before, they felt bad with warm ups & I'd have to take the bar for 2 or 3 sets just to feel better. Now I only warm up w/ one set of the bar, then add weight. I could probably skip to 45/50kg outright, but I prefer to warm up with an empty bar no matter what my strength level becomes.

Like, I said, the secondary benefit is bracing. I like to use this warm up when I squat & deadlift as well. It turns my core on & psoas off (I have issues w/ that). Warming up, setting up & executing proper form is a lot easier after using the mace. I really like how the cuing has positively affected my training.

Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Synthetickiller View Post
    I’m honestly jealous of Chris’s custom black version with a longer loadable area.
    How long is the loadable area now, and why would you need more? Is it better to stack smaller plates than use less heavier ones?

Originally Posted by Mech6 View Post
    How long is the loadable area now, and why would you need more? Is it better to stack smaller plates than use less heavier ones?
    The loadable area is 2-3/4" to the last thread. The collar is 1/4" thick. I'd say usable space is about 2.5".

I brought this up because there's a lot of people here with deep dish plates. My Ivanko OCM plates are only usable to four 2.5 lb plates. A "normal" 2.5 lb plate occupies about half the space, so 7 or 8 plates will fit. If you felt like working your shoulders out a bit & doing, say, 8 sets of 5 swings from 2.5 to 20 lbs (this becomes awesome cardio btw), it's much easier to load all the plates instead of having to remove 4 of them, drop on a 10 & then reload again. Loading & unloading isn't the quick if you have to remove all plates to move up in weight. I'd rather have fewer chances of nicking the threaded portion of the mace as well.

Arguably, a 25 lb plate ( I would not advocate loading a 35 lb plate, EVER) can be used. The weight slightly further from the fulcrum, so there's a little more stress than loading five 5s or two 10s & a 5. It's probably not really worth considering though.
    I'd rather not use a 25 lb plate unless I absolutely have to. Even if I was using 50 lb, I'd rather have five 10s. It's preferential to load smaller diameter plates so there's less chance of being hit during the movement. Ideally, you should never have plate to body contact, but stranger things have happened & I'd rather reduce the probability of that occurring.

I only want more because it would look bad ass, honestly. I can deal w/ the loadable area as it is now & probably never max it out.
    If we can't have a thicker shaft, we want a longer one. A longer black one, at that. Speaking of which, where's Atty?

dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I read about this thing some time back and was interested. But the price seemed heavy and wasn't sure how well it would help my shoulders. Well the shoulders are still a sore topic and restarted looking at this and alternatives. Been doing around the worlds with different size plates but not long enough to know if this will do the trick.

Great review. Very informative.
    ▪[[────]]▪ York Barbell Club #65 ▪[[────]]▪
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #65 []---[]
    ▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #3 ▪[M]===[6]▪
    ─</>─<\>─ BWTG Cluster #65 ─</>─<\>─
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #65 ||---|| ▪█────█▪ Equipment Crew #74 ▪█────█▪

Sig line is not a novel.

themaddemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) themaddemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) themaddemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) themaddemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) themaddemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) themaddemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) themaddemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) themaddemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) themaddemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) themaddemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) themaddemon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Great review.... thank you!

To me this looks like plate halos.

aj2754 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj2754 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj2754 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj2754 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj2754 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj2754 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj2754 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj2754 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj2754 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj2754 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj2754 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Still using the Shoulderok frequently Synnie? I'm thinking of pulling the trigger myself.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #54 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #59 []---[]

Get Green in 2014!

I had some pre-cancerous tissue removed & a solid 20+ stitches sutures sewn into my chest & shoulder (chicks dig scars, right?!), so I haven't been using it for a good 3+ weeks for fear of blowing them out.
    I'll probably start back up tomorrow.
    My opinion on it hasn't changed. It's great for the shoulders & is part of my warm up routine for almost every workout. I'll eat my words if you think it's a piece of crap.
    Rogue offers cheaper shipping options than if you buy from Kabuki Strength directly, at least for my neck of the woods. (I'm closer to Ohio than Washington.)

jabberwockywbb will become famous soon enough. (+50) jabberwockywbb will become famous soon enough. (+50) jabberwockywbb will become famous soon enough. (+50) jabberwockywbb will become famous soon enough. (+50) jabberwockywbb will become famous soon enough. (+50) jabberwockywbb will become famous soon enough. (+50) jabberwockywbb will become famous soon enough. (+50) jabberwockywbb will become famous soon enough. (+50) jabberwockywbb will become famous soon enough. (+50) jabberwockywbb will become famous soon enough. (+50) jabberwockywbb will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It is $160 on efs through tomorrow I think, got mine for $180 shipped.

TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    iv used maces for years now before duffin brought them more mainstream

stonecold123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stonecold123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stonecold123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stonecold123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stonecold123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stonecold123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stonecold123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stonecold123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stonecold123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stonecold123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stonecold123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I had some pre-cancerous tissue removed & a solid 20+ stitches sutures sewn into my chest & shoulder (chicks dig scars, right?!), so I haven't been using it for a good 3+ weeks for fear of blowing them out.
    My opinion on it hasn't changed. It's great for the shoulders & is part of my warm up routine for almost every workout. I'll eat my words if you think it's a piece of crap.
    Rogue offers cheaper shipping options than if you buy from Kabuki Strength directly, at least for my neck of the woods. (I'm closer to Ohio than Washington.)
    pm'ed u

aj2754 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj2754 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj2754 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj2754 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj2754 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj2754 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj2754 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj2754 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj2754 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj2754 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj2754 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I trust your opinion man. I won't hold you liable if it doesn't immediate up my press to 315.

I just feel like the past year or two my shoulders are getting a lot more wear and tear and as such are becoming a weak point. Hoping this thing address both issues.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #54 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #59 []---[]

Get Green in 2014!

rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm suddenly a lot more interested in preventing shoulder issues, I'll look more closely at this thing over the next few days.

In the meantime, I hope your recovery goes well.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #29 []---[]
    []---[] York Barbell Club #59 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #48 []---[]
    l l---l l Rogue Barbell Club #3 l l---l l
    []---[] Mech6 Crew #9 []---[]

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    fascinating. I've don indian club workouts for a while now and find them beneficial for my shoulders I haven't tried this type of tool yet.

Immediately made me think of these though:

Persian Meels
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

keyboardworkout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keyboardworkout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keyboardworkout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keyboardworkout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keyboardworkout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keyboardworkout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keyboardworkout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keyboardworkout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keyboardworkout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keyboardworkout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keyboardworkout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I do KB or DB halos and light Indian club mills as a shoulder warm up before pressing. I have often wondered what a mace felt like.

Thanks for the review.

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew^^^^^^

Originally Posted by TheIronAsylum View Post
    iv used maces for years now before duffin brought them more mainstream
    It's something that the lifting/fitness/sports community should have brought to the forefront a long time ago.

Originally Posted by rlundregan View Post
    I'm suddenly a lot more interested in preventing shoulder issues, I'll look more closely at this thing over the next few days.

In the meantime, I hope your recovery goes well.
    I feel the science (and in my experience, bro-science) is solid & seems to work.
    Thanks, I just don't want to blow out stitches, lol. I have no immediate health issues related to this, luckily. It was just a preventative dermatological procedure.

Originally Posted by aj2754 View Post
    I trust your opinion man. I won't hold you liable if it doesn't immediate up my press to 315.

I just feel like the past year or two my shoulders are getting a lot more wear and tear and as such are becoming a weak point. Hoping this thing address both issues.
    Just put the work in & you'll get to 315. This tools should let you up the volume.
    I have some more stuff on shoulder health coming down the pike, so stay tuned.

Originally Posted by stonecold123 View Post
    pm'ed u
    Check your messages.

Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    fascinating. I've don indian club workouts for a while now and find them beneficial for my shoulders I haven't tried this type of tool yet.

Immediately made me think of these though:

Persian Meels
    Originally Posted by keyboardworkout View Post
    I do KB or DB halos and light Indian club mills as a shoulder warm up before pressing. I have often wondered what a mace felt like.

Thanks for the review.

The ability to change the load attracted me to the product over owning a bunch of clubs. Collecting clubs would be cool, but most here don't have the room to store all of these different clubs depending on how I feel that day. I believe the overall cost would be much higher as well.

The KB warm up looks interesting but different. I don't think it's comparable, though. You have to keep tight in a different way due to changes in grip, leverage & arm/wrist/hand orientation. No doubt warms you up, though. I'll need a kettlebell to try it out.

swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Fantastic! Another item seen on this forum that I now want to buy but that I totally do not need.
    STAND TALL AND SHAKE THE HEAVENS!!

"Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own." - 1 Corinthians 6:19

▪█─-─█▪ Equipment Crew #71 ▪█─-─█▪
    []---[] York Barbell Club #32 []---[]
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #66 []---[]
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #6 ||---||

Forcep will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forcep will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forcep will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forcep will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forcep will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forcep will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forcep will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forcep will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forcep will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forcep will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forcep will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Will I turn into a viking like in the video if I use this?
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #39 ||---||

Originally Posted by Forcep View Post
    Will I turn into a viking like in the video if I use this?
    Only if you drink this:

Around here, it's known to make people want to swing things.

themaddemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) themaddemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) themaddemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) themaddemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) themaddemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) themaddemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) themaddemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) themaddemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) themaddemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) themaddemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) themaddemon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Great review!

It is a bit expensive, so to help me decide, I tried swinging a fixed bar they use in aerobic classes at my gym and I added some weights to it, it was a really good warm up. However, I couldn't justify the cost because I feel I am getting the same effects by doing this a shoulder warm up routine:

Face pull to overhead press (like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elosQzqQZko but I use single handles. I also alternate with bands, which I think are so much better than using a functional trainer.
    Band Pull Apart (vertical)
    Band Pull Apart (Overhead)
    Shoulder Dislocations
    Plate Halos using 45lbs Ivanko Plates (the holes make them very easy).
    External Rotations using dumbbell, band, cable, or a 2.5lbs plate.
    Sometimes I do shoulder external rotation stretches.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #95 []---[]

Forcep will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forcep will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forcep will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forcep will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forcep will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forcep will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forcep will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forcep will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forcep will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forcep will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forcep will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Only if you drink this:

Around here, it's known to make people want to swing things.
    5000 years in the making, I'll definitely swing around some things..
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #39 ||---||

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz

The ability to change the load attracted me to the product over owning a bunch of clubs. Collecting clubs would be cool, but most here don't have the room to store all of these different clubs depending on how I feel that day. I believe the overall cost would be much higher as well.
    I like the adjustability as well. I just think its funny that he touts them as a totally new thing when people have been doing this exercise for a thousand years.

I did think of one question about them though: How comfortable is the knurling? I've never used heavy clubs but I know with my indian club exercises it really helps to allow my grip to be able to slide and shift, solid knurling on these would really suck.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    I like the adjustability as well. I just think its funny that he touts them as a totally new thing when people have been doing this exercise for a thousand years.

I did think of one question about them though: How comfortable is the knurling? I've never used heavy clubs but I know with my indian club exercises it really helps to allow my grip to be able to slide and shift, solid knurling on these would really suck.
    It's not aggressive. It has enough bite, but it doesn't hurt. I'd say it has a medium, light-medium knurl.
    If the club didn't have knurling, you'd lose it at some point during the swing. It's much longer than a typical club & the weight is not distributed evenly. It's 8 lbs in total + whatever plate/plates you add.
    I find myself having to really hold on at 10 to 15 lbs. I still have to get up to big boy weight (a 25 lb plate), but I can't imagine using that much on a smooth bar.

jackbravo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jackbravo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jackbravo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jackbravo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jackbravo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jackbravo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jackbravo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jackbravo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jackbravo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jackbravo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jackbravo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    this thread has been slowly gnawing at me for the past 3 months.
    now i have to get it !!! arg

you guys need to stop buying and reviewing stuff !
    Looking for:
    space

Future equipment:
    The Fortis Fitness bench press

Sometimes doing your best is not good enough. Sometimes you must do what is required.

()---() York Barbell Club #20 ()---()
    []---[] Equipment Crew #55 []---[]