Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by treeleaf View Post
    Basically, it's what I said -fake. It's just a word and since people easily get up after being punched in the face 10 times and have no bruises I'll call it fake. Fans and wrestlers need to stop being babies and admit it's fake and not worry about it.
    My point is there is lots of sports that don't involve a competition, but need lots of skill to be performed like some traditional martial arts for example. My list was supposed to show how competing doesn't make a sport "fake".
    The sport aspect is learning how to put on compelling scripted matches. I don't think not having the athletes compete makes it a fake sport. If this was the case setting up World Championships, where Wrestlers have their matches rated by a jury-like in a Dance World Championship would suddenly make Wrestling real.
    On the other hand there is lots of of outright stupid competitions and sports, that do not involve athletic skills at all.
    This is why I think the competition part does not make a sport "real".

CitizenVagrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CitizenVagrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CitizenVagrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CitizenVagrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CitizenVagrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CitizenVagrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CitizenVagrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CitizenVagrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CitizenVagrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CitizenVagrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CitizenVagrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Why does anyone care what an aerobics instructor has to say about fighting?
    Why Insurance Does Not Make You Safe:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165238521&p=1315783491&viewfull=1#post1315783491

On The Difference Between "Insurance" and "Medical Welfare":
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167993793&p=1373896163&viewfull=1#post1373896163

NoBrahdy is just really nice. (+1000) NoBrahdy is just really nice. (+1000) NoBrahdy is just really nice. (+1000) NoBrahdy is just really nice. (+1000) NoBrahdy is just really nice. (+1000) NoBrahdy is just really nice. (+1000) NoBrahdy is just really nice. (+1000) NoBrahdy is just really nice. (+1000) NoBrahdy is just really nice. (+1000) NoBrahdy is just really nice. (+1000) NoBrahdy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Signature crew

treeleaf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) treeleaf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) treeleaf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) treeleaf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) treeleaf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) treeleaf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) treeleaf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) treeleaf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) treeleaf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) treeleaf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) treeleaf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by jimbob007 View Post
    Never quite got that-like all the WWF guys pretending wrestling was legit & getting upset if anybody said it was rigged when every week on their television shows there were clowns, hillbillies etc running around. Since there has been no pretence & in fact wrestling companies have done everything they can the last 15 plus years to shove down our throats that it is phony & made it virtually impossible for us to suspend disbelief. If wrestlers have an issue they need to take it up with the people running the companies that push that image to the mainstream.
    The above plus what I said previously sum it all up very nicely.

Even so, I won't end it there. Chuck, your replies are ridiculous, if you don't know the difference get an education.

Big AL, what you are saying about sports and competition is what I was talking about in the rationalization part. NO, pro wrestling is not a sport. If you want to get super technical about it then yeah, I guess it is. But if you go that route which is the super dumb route you have consider most anything a sport. Hopscotch, skipping, folding towels, toothpick flinging, throwing wadded up balls of paper into trash can. It's endless, anything stupid thing could be a sport. So, to function as one would in the common world it has to pass the common person test. Would a normal person say this is a sport? NO they wouldn't. They would also say it's fake because it's scripted. The action isn't real in a competitive way as amateur wrestlers would fight. They aren't really fighting each other which one would do in amateur wrestling.

Not fighting or fighting (whatever the movie calls for) in a movie is no big deal because movies aren't based off of being a fake competitive sport. And guess what? The movie is fake and we all know that. Know what else? Actors know it too and don't give a care. They know it's fake! People say wrestling is fake because it is an odd hybrid of live theater, athletics and acting that presents it self as wrestling. It says we are fighting each other to be the top guy. IN fact they really aren't fighting at all and since they present themselves as fighting in this odd hybrid theater it's perfectly fine if someone says -"hey this is fake". Especially those who like real combat sports like mma, wrestling, martial arts, etc.
    Last edited by treeleaf; 08-04-2015 at 06:53 AM. Reason: separated big paragraph
    I bought a belt (or championship) now I'm champion of the UNIVERSE

Wrestletimefun on youtube

Mod Tournament continues on youtube even if thread deleted

2bars is just really nice. (+1000) 2bars is just really nice. (+1000) 2bars is just really nice. (+1000) 2bars is just really nice. (+1000) 2bars is just really nice. (+1000) 2bars is just really nice. (+1000) 2bars is just really nice. (+1000) 2bars is just really nice. (+1000) 2bars is just really nice. (+1000) 2bars is just really nice. (+1000) 2bars is just really nice. (+1000)
    Calling pro wrestling fake is like calling olympic gymnastics fake or calling trapeze circus acrobats fake.

Off-hand I would say wrestling is more dangerous than gymnastics but not sure about acrobats.

I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Big AL, what you are saying about sports and competition is what I was talking about in the rationalization part. NO, pro wrestling is not a sport. If you want to get super technical about it then yeah, I guess it is. But if you go that route which is the super dumb route you have consider most anything a sport. Hopscotch, skipping, folding towels, toothpick flinging, throwing wadded up balls of paper into trash can. It's endless, anything stupid thing could be a sport. So, to function as one would in the common world it has to pass the common person test. Would a normal person say this is a sport? NO they wouldn't. They would also say it's fake because it's scripted. The action isn't real in a competitive way as amateur wrestlers would fight. They aren't really fighting each other which one would do in amateur wrestling.
    I would make training like a professional to become an athlete my criterium to qualify for what makes something a sport. This weeds out nearly all of the stupid stuff.
    Using the fact it is a competition leaves in many many stupid contests.

But it doesn't really matter that much to me if it is considered "fake" or not. All a discussion about semantics.

treeleaf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) treeleaf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) treeleaf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) treeleaf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) treeleaf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) treeleaf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) treeleaf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) treeleaf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) treeleaf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) treeleaf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) treeleaf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Brock Lesnar, when asked about the Dana White "fake" quote this morning on Sports Center responded with "it is fake".

Does that blow your mind? Are all your dreams shattered? A guy that's one of the biggest stars in wrestling and has done both UFC and pro wrestling just said pro wrestling is fake. What does that tell you? It means it is fake. The only people that get upset about it are idiot fans and delusional pro wrestlers.

Lesnar did add that it's scripted, fake and White and McMahon both promote essentially the same thing. Only that one is pre -determined. He didn't use scripted or pre-determined while shying away from the word fake either. He said it was fake several times.

Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Brock Lesnar, when asked about the Dana White "fake" quote this morning on Sports Center responded with "it is fake".

Does that blow your mind? Are all your dreams shattered? A guy that's one of the biggest stars in wrestling and has done both UFC and pro wrestling just said pro wrestling is fake. What does that tell you? It means it is fake. The only people that get upset about it are idiot fans and delusional pro wrestlers.

Lesnar did add that it's scripted, fake and White and McMahon both promote essentially the same thing. Only that one is pre -determined. He didn't use scripted or pre-determined while shying away from the word fake either. He said it was fake several times.
    I for one am not surprised. Knowing Brock as well as I do by following him over the years. He said when in UFC, "Well I was the WWE Champion. If you've lived under a rock your whole life you might think it's real but it's not." So that's his take. And he isn't going to budge on his position just because he's no longer in UFC and is now in WWE. Brock says what he wants to, and tells it like it is no matter what his co-workers may think. I admire that so much about him. Doesn't care who he pisses off, he'll say what he thinks. Obviously it seems the majority of the wrestling business doesn't agree with him outright calling it "fake".
    BLM (Brock Lesnar Matters)

Always go full potato crew

Location: From Anywhere He Darn Well Pleases, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Why should it? Vince McMahon admitted it was fake in 1989 to avoid paying taxes in one state, he did it again in 1992 for the same reasons. If anybody has been watching wrestling since 1997/1998 & thinks it is legit then they need professional help & really even long before that it should have been obvious that UT isn't really a zombie that cannot feel pain, those guys weren't really hillbillies etc. Why do wrestling fans who know it is fake & only watch it because it is fake get so upset about people calling it fake?

AP5 Crew

Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I think because people say it like the fans who watch it are unaware. Let us not confuse being entertained by it with believing it's real fighting. I loved it my whole life. I knew it was not real virtually my whole life.

CitizenVagrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CitizenVagrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CitizenVagrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CitizenVagrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CitizenVagrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CitizenVagrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CitizenVagrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CitizenVagrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CitizenVagrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CitizenVagrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CitizenVagrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    FFS of course it's fake. I just watch to see how illogical the storylines are and how poorly Vince will mismanage the company in his senile old age.
    Why Insurance Does Not Make You Safe:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165238521&p=1315783491&viewfull=1#post1315783491

On The Difference Between "Insurance" and "Medical Welfare":
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167993793&p=1373896163&viewfull=1#post1373896163

tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    so are you trying to tell me that Drago isn't a real dragon?
    | ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄|
    ..Make the Misc Great..
    .Again - Donald Trump.
    |___________|
    `````\ (•◡•) /
    ``````` \ /
    ``````` ---
    ``````` | |

Jeeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jeeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jeeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jeeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jeeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jeeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jeeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jeeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jeeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jeeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jeeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by tnel00 View Post
    so are you trying to tell me that Drago isn't a real dragon?
    yeah, and Bengala isn't a real tiger?
    "My head is banging like Metallica. Swallow a bottle of advil up, then head back to the bedroom where she suck me dry like Dracula"

Lord crew

tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Jeeter View Post
    yeah, and Bengala isn't a real tiger?
    **** Bengala. He's just a gay furry
    | ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄|
    ..Make the Misc Great..
    .Again - Donald Trump.
    |___________|
    `````\ (•◡•) /
    ``````` \ /
    ``````` ---
    ``````` | |

Mercworx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mercworx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mercworx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mercworx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mercworx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mercworx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mercworx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mercworx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mercworx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mercworx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mercworx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I mean the "wrestling" and story is obviously fake but the stunts are very much real.

I still enjoy WWE to this day.

Jeeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jeeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jeeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jeeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jeeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jeeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jeeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jeeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jeeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jeeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jeeter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    **** Bengala. He's just a gay furry
    lmaoooo
    "My head is banging like Metallica. Swallow a bottle of advil up, then head back to the bedroom where she suck me dry like Dracula"

Lord crew

SquirtlePower is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SquirtlePower is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SquirtlePower is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SquirtlePower is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SquirtlePower is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SquirtlePower is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SquirtlePower is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SquirtlePower is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SquirtlePower is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SquirtlePower is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SquirtlePower is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It is fake, so is everything else I watch on TV but I don't get upset when someone says so. Then again no one goes out of their way to tell you "the walking dead is fake, those aren't real zombies". It's idiot people who think wrestling fans believe it's real who say that.

But at the end of the day who gives a chit what dana white says in 2015? That fat bald goon has lost all credibility and is well on his way of ruining his REAL sport. The same real sport that cherry picks who fights for their REAL championships and gives automatic rematches to guys they want to see as champion. Sounds very pro wrestling if you ask me. UFC much like wwe has it's talent they want to see at the top and they carefully choose their spots for those people to get them there and keep them there.
    **Charlotte Flair Crew**
    **Triple GOAT is the GOAT of GOATS crew**

jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by SquirtlePower View Post
    It is fake, so is everything else I watch on TV but I don't get upset when someone says so. Then again no one goes out of their way to tell you "the walking dead is fake, those aren't real zombies". It's idiot people who think wrestling fans believe it's real who say that.

But at the end of the day who gives a chit what dana white says in 2015? That fat bald goon has lost all credibility and is well on his way of ruining his REAL sport. The same real sport that cherry picks who fights for their REAL championships and gives automatic rematches to guys they want to see as champion. Sounds very pro wrestling if you ask me. UFC much like wwe has it's talent they want to see at the top and they carefully choose their spots for those people to get them there and keep them there.
    Problem is WWE, WCW TNA etc have spent the last 18 years ramming it down our throats that it is fake-I liked it best when you could suspend disbelief enough to watch the show, it would be like going to the cinema or theatre & all through the film or play the director or one of the actors popping up to remind you that what you are watching isn't real or watching a television show where it happens, why wrestling has felt the need to do it is beyond me.

Correct, UFC does what wrestling used to do-give you 2 people who want to fight & build a story around it, have great promos, hype etc. Simple really, but not something wrestling has wanted to do much the last decade plus.
    AP5 Crew

Originally Posted by jimbob007 View Post
    Problem is WWE, WCW TNA etc have spent the last 18 years ramming it down our throats that it is fake-I liked it best when you could suspend disbelief enough to watch the show, it would be like going to the cinema or theatre & all through the film or play the director or one of the actors popping up to remind you that what you are watching isn't real or watching a television show where it happens, why wrestling has felt the need to do it is beyond me.

Correct, UFC does what wrestling used to do-give you 2 people who want to fight & build a story around it, have great promos, hype etc. Simple really, but not something wrestling has wanted to do much the last decade plus.
    You'd like Lucha Underground
    | ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄|
    ..Make the Misc Great..
    .Again - Donald Trump.
    |___________|
    `````\ (•◡•) /
    ``````` \ /
    ``````` ---
    ``````` | |

Rexcalibr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rexcalibr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rexcalibr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rexcalibr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rexcalibr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rexcalibr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rexcalibr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rexcalibr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rexcalibr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rexcalibr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rexcalibr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Brock is about the worst example you could have given. He had no qualms about bashing the industry when he made his first run in the UFC and it's obvious he has no real passion for pro wrestling and would not be there if it wasn't for a cushy schedule and overpaid contract. If he wasn't so run down and at the age that he is, he would absolutely still be in the UFC.

Nobody is debating that it's staged and not a real, competitive sport in the same vein as football or MMA. The point is, saying it's "fake" is a derogatory term and was said to get a rise out of people on Dana's part. I don't know why some of you can't grasp that.

Among all that, there are plenty of wrestlers who did have a problem with Dana calling what they do "fake". Citing Brock doesn't have much credibility in my opinion.
    Last edited by Rexcalibr; 08-18-2015 at 06:54 PM.

Rexcalibr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rexcalibr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rexcalibr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rexcalibr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rexcalibr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rexcalibr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rexcalibr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rexcalibr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rexcalibr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rexcalibr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rexcalibr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    After watching the actual video of Brock responding to this, I somewhat take back what I said. Not about Brock just being there to collect his check but I'm glad he said Dana is just a bitter ******* because Vince is better at promoting PPVs than he is. So kudos to Brock.

That said, I wouldn't hold it against Brock to throw the industry under the bus if he was still in the UFC.

Lifticous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lifticous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lifticous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lifticous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lifticous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lifticous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lifticous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lifticous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lifticous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lifticous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lifticous is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Rexcalibr View Post
    Nobody is debating that it's staged and not a real, competitive sport in the same vein as football or MMA. The point is, saying it's "fake" is a derogatory term and was said to get a rise out of people on Dana's part. I don't know why some of you can't grasp that.
    This. The key here is context.

Yes it's fake, everybody accepts that. Dana had the intention of being derogatory. I mean cmon, "fake sh*t should be 9.99", it's clear what he was getting at.
    Last edited by Lifticous; 08-18-2015 at 07:50 PM.

You'd like Lucha Underground
    Unlikely-I hear it is a lot of male on female violence & i never went much for the Lucha spotfests.
    AP5 Crew

Originally Posted by Rexcalibr View Post
    Brock is about the worst example you could have given. He had no qualms about bashing the industry when he made his first run in the UFC and it's obvious he has no real passion for pro wrestling and would not be there if it wasn't for a cushy schedule and overpaid contract. If he wasn't so run down and at the age that he is, he would absolutely still be in the UFC.

Among all that, there are plenty of wrestlers who did have a problem with Dana calling what they do "fake". Citing Brock doesn't have much credibility in my opinion.
    Well let's look at why he bashed the WWE-firstly although he departed WWE in the wrong way when his football career inevitably failed Vince spent years trying to block him from making a living based a contract he signed when he was young & naive-even for working in Japan Vince tried to sue him. Sure he shouldn't have signed the contract to get his release, but Vince should never have made it for six years-it was just vindictive & a total restraint of trade to starve the guy just because he left him. Secondly all the UFC purist marks were crying about bringing in a pro wrestler so it was easy heat to play off of that.

Brock could only be a headliner in UFC-he came in & used his power to overwhelm people & learned enough that he could dominate for a while, but he didn't want to keep progressing & as always happens with guys like that in a sport that is constantly evolving ended up looking like a dinosaur in his last two matches.

I doubt White even cared when he said it, it is fake, everybody knows it is fake-the wrestling promoters have spent the last several decades making it obvious it is fake, yet wrestling fans & some of the wrestlers get upset when people call it fake-hey yeah I have wrestled on shows with clowns, garbage collectors, midgets running through solid walls, the boss dying in a exploding limo etc but don't call it fake man.
    AP5 Crew

The shawma of manlets Manletbolic's Avatar
    Manletbolic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manletbolic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manletbolic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manletbolic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manletbolic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manletbolic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manletbolic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manletbolic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manletbolic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manletbolic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manletbolic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I agree having Brock speak out on Dana's remarks in my opinion is the wrong person (although he was on a show so, they had questions prepared for him) and I wouldve had someone like Triple H and/or Steph instead cause lets not forget Brocks siding with what ever promotion is paying him. He threw WWE under the bus when he was the biggest thing in MMA and if it werent for his health, age, and family obligations, he very likely would be with the UFC and side with them.

That said, I do agree with Brock, UFC has a similar buisiness model as the WWE.
    The coming of the Manlet saviour

Wants a pair of chuck norris jeans crew

Originally Posted by Manletbolic View Post
    I agree having Brock speak out on Dana's remarks in my opinion is the wrong person (although he was on a show so, they had questions prepared for him) and I wouldve had someone like Triple H and/or Steph instead cause lets not forget Brocks siding with what ever promotion is paying him. He threw WWE under the bus when he was the biggest thing in MMA and if it werent for his health, age, and family obligations, he very likely would be with the UFC and side with them.

That said, I do agree with Brock, UFC has a similar buisiness model as the WWE.
    Brock is a mercenary & rightly so-his UFC career means he has been able to leverage WWE for an insanely huge very part-time deal that he probably isn't even worth in terms of business & good luck to him for screwing every cent out of the guy who tried to starve him to death. He also knows he can go back to UFC for a crazy payday against Fedor if that match can be pulled off.
    AP5 Crew

Does it bother anyone else that this probably means Dana is not going to have a service like WWE network? And no don't even mention FightPass FFS. UFC is the main reason I still have cable. If Dana had a service like WWE Network included PPV's. I'd be on it.

Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Does it bother anyone else that this probably means Dana is not going to have a service like WWE network? And no don't even mention FightPass FFS. UFC is the main reason I still have cable. If Dana had a service like WWE Network included PPV's. I'd be on it.
    He would be censoring the Shamrocks.
    AP5 Crew

Three ways "fake" is used in a derogatory way when talking about wrestling.

1. Fake as in you didn't realize it was (unless you're a little kid of course you know)

2. Fake as a general derogatory term

3. Fake as in I don't like it because it's fake (only real fighting is good or interesting)

Dana used it as an insult but I still say "so what". What he said is true (the fake part) so taking issue with the word fake itself is not the right way to go about it. Point out how it is athletic, demanding on the body, entertaining etc but call it what it is and that is fake.

Tv, movies has always been a good comparison to pro wrestling. I think wrestling fans sometimes compare them in the wrong way though. Tv, movies are fake but no one points that out. That's true, but no one, unless insane is going to say armies of trolls, goblins, dwarves, elves and wizards exist. Too obvious to point out. When some people say fake they mean "why would I want to watch fake fighting when I could watch real fighting". You can't watch real Lord of the Rings or jedi's in Star Wars. Fake vs real fighting though is still a weak argument. If I'm a pro wrestling fan I'm not concerned with a real fight obviously. I want to be entertained by the story and the action.

Non-fans will say fake as a casual way to describe it and people will use it as an insult. Either way so what. I insult people that like trashy reality shows. I think I have good reason to do so. Live with it don't worry about it because in truth whether they are using it as an insult or not the fake part is correct.

Lucha Underground does have women fighting men in matches. Not sure if that is the same as violence against women. If it is to you that's fine, I'm just pointing that out. I haven't seen every episode but there might have been outside the ring attacks. I know Pentagon jr was going to break Sexy Star's arm but that was right after a match between the two. Even though men and women fight each other I find that the women are kind of left out a bit if a group are fighting. Like a melee or even during the Trios title matches. The woman in the Trio matches (3 person tag) might be left out because of sprained ankle rather than her being a woman.

Don't know what the tradition in Mexico is but I would leave the women out. It's not that bad but I prefer not to see the women fighting men.