Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Lumicko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lumicko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lumicko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lumicko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lumicko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lumicko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lumicko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lumicko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lumicko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lumicko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by CWGame View Post

I can't help really unless I see you doing the lift so if you would want to record it that would help.

Only other thing I can think of is you aren't using enough weight or you think you are keeping your elbows by your side but you actually arent, or placing the bar too high on your chest so you can't keep them tucked.
    Okay I will try to move the bar a bit down ( towards legs ) and will see. Also I will try to record myself. Will report tomorrow
    I hope that we arent spamming this topic is it ok for you sir? Thanks for helping!

CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Lumicko View Post
    Okay I will try to move the bar a bit down ( towards legs ) and will see. Also I will try to record myself. Will report tomorrow
    I hope that we arent spamming this topic is it ok for you sir? Thanks for helping!
    Honestly I don't care man, I'm here to help people feel free to post as much as you want.
    402/314/435-1151@213 w/ sleeves USPA

I can do all this through Christ who gives me strength.
    -Philippians 4:13

Lumicko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lumicko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lumicko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lumicko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lumicko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lumicko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lumicko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lumicko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lumicko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lumicko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Honestly I don't care man, I'm here to help people feel free to post as much as you want.
    Okay cool. Damn I had such great workout that I forgot to record it. Will do tomorrow

josephjamesch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    FUAAARRRRRK when I began to lift I didn't do Bro Splits, I think splitting into two muscle groups a day isn't as beneficial as hitting 3-4 muscle groups pr. day. In my experience I had more muscle soreness and overall muscle development hitting 3-4 muscle groups a day.

Mon: Chest, Tris, Shoulders (PUSH DAY)
    Tues: LEGS
    Weds: Back, Bis, traps (PULL DAY)
    Thur: REST
    Friday: PUSH DAY
    Sat: LEGS
    Sun: PULL DAY

simpler and more effective IMO. I also burn more calories in the gym doing 3-4 muscle groups at a time.

PS: REMEMBER COMPOUND MOVEMENTS FOR BEGGINERS ARE ESSENTIAL FOR DEVELOPING A STRONG MUSCLE SUPPORTED FRAME FOR MORE ADVANCED WORKOUTS.
    " WE ARE ALL GOING TO MAKE IT BRAHS " _Zyzz

YOU Vs. YOU

"Set yourself Limits but always remember to break them. They are meant to be broken." _JosephJamesChedid

Sorry for being late :P
    There is the recording of Close grip bench press. I hope that the angles are ok.
    Second one is a bit dark sorry for that
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdFHX5ON05g
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqtoJYhS9GQ

CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sorry for being late :P
    There is the recording of Close grip bench press. I hope that the angles are ok.
    Second one is a bit dark sorry for that
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdFHX5ON05g
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqtoJYhS9GQ
    All good dude, hmm.. Honestly your form looks fine (good job for getting two angles BTW), maybe try another tricep dominant exercise.

All good dude, hmm.. Honestly your form looks fine (good job for getting two angles BTW), maybe try another tricep dominant exercise.
    Well I was doing Close grip bench only because ICF said to do it once a week ( or twice when switching from A to B ) and some ppl recommended it that its great to build triceps or what. I dont know maybe im supposed to feel it a lot in pecs but I maybe still feel it in triceps or im working it without realising but when I reach failure I think its in the pecs not sure now.

For example I like Rope pulldown or triceps dumbbell overhead extension or skullcrushers. I feel the triceps there a lot and burning. Entirely different when comparing to close grip bench. So I dont know if I should start doing one of these instead.
    ICF might have reason for this exercise since you work your chest also hmm...

Well I was doing Close grip bench only because ICF said to do it once a week ( or twice when switching from A to B ) and some ppl recommended it that its great to build triceps or what. I dont know maybe im supposed to feel it a lot in pecs but I maybe still feel it in triceps or im working it without realising but when I reach failure I think its in the pecs not sure now.

For example I like Rope pulldown or triceps dumbbell overhead extension or skullcrushers. I feel the triceps there a lot and burning. Entirely different when comparing to close grip bench. So I dont know if I should start doing one of these instead.
    ICF might have reason for this exercise since you work your chest also hmm...
    I would stick with CGBP even if you aren't feeling it because it's great for strength too.

koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I would stick with CGBP even if you aren't feeling it because it's great for strength too.
    Indeed.
    CGBP is my ideal choice for hitting triceps

Okay good idea.
    I was yesterday at evening in gym ( after I wrote this )
    I did Rope Pulldown for triceps 3-4 sets then I went onto CGBP and I think I FELT IT. I was rly thinking about keeping my hands close and triceps working and I think I felt something in my triceps. Mby its also because I did the Rope pulldown before. It wasnt probably so intense like rope pulldown but atleast something and it will mby get better. I will see next time

Okay good idea.
    I was yesterday at evening in gym ( after I wrote this )
    I did Rope Pulldown for triceps 3-4 sets then I went onto CGBP and I think I FELT IT. I was rly thinking about keeping my hands close and triceps working and I think I felt something in my triceps. Mby its also because I did the Rope pulldown before. It wasnt probably so intense like rope pulldown but atleast something and it will mby get better. I will see next time

Good luck

Good luck
    Thanks! Tomorrow Im doing again Close grip bench will try again. Well wasnt that good... PRetty much the same like before I cant seem to really feel it like any other triceps exercises. Btw should I push as much as I can my elbows towards my body? For the entire movement
    Aslo when I do Bent over barbell rows should I push my elbows inside ( towards my body) ??

Im not sure about my form for crunches. I recorded myself u think u can check it?
    Also I got ready recording of my squats I want to be sure that im doing them correctly since I dont rly feel glutes working. ( or mby its working but I just dont realise it )

Thanks
    Last edited by Lumicko; 10-02-2015 at 04:22 AM.

Thanks! Tomorrow Im doing again Close grip bench will try again. Well wasnt that good... PRetty much the same like before I cant seem to really feel it like any other triceps exercises. Btw should I push as much as I can my elbows towards my body? For the entire movement
    Aslo when I do Bent over barbell rows should I push my elbows inside ( towards my body) ??

Im not sure about my form for crunches. I recorded myself u think u can check it?
    Also I got ready recording of my squats I want to be sure that im doing them correctly since I dont rly feel glutes working. ( or mby its working but I just dont realise it )

Thanks
    Yeah sure just post the links to the videos.

Yeah sure just post the links to the videos.
    Sorry I Forgot .

There is vid of me doing them crunches https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UzkmaLE4Mo
    IF I want to do the first one with hands behind head I can barely do 1. And see how easily I can do the second one with hands behind head but notice how im pushing forward and looking at my legs
    So I dont know which one is correct. And I cant rly progress for quite long time on the first one. For the first one its always 6-12 reps max

Squats ( probably gonna also make topic for form check )
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z5ITFqvFqE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agSYyJkB1aM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHvv5A0471A

Sorry I Forgot .

There is vid of me doing them crunches https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UzkmaLE4Mo
    IF I want to do the first one with hands behind head I can barely do 1. And see how easily I can do the second one with hands behind head but notice how im pushing forward and looking at my legs
    So I dont know which one is correct. And I cant rly progress for quite long time on the first one. For the first one its always 6-12 reps max

Squats ( probably gonna also make topic for form check )
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z5ITFqvFqE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agSYyJkB1aM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHvv5A0471A
    For abs form seems fine but its pretty hard to tell if you are cheating or not since I can't see what muscles are contracting.

For squats:
    For your lift off, from one of the videos you lift off with your toes, you want to lift off from mid to rear foot so if you need to put the bar 1 slot lower.

It may just be the angle but your squat seems to be asymmetrical, you seem to favore your right side a little.

When coming out of the hole on a rep or two your heals came up a tiny bit meaning your weight couldn't be on your mid to rear foot, make sure not to have your weight on your toes.

You take too many steps when walking out, to make the lift as efficient as possible try to get into your squating stance within 2-3 steps. A easier way to do this is before your lift off have your feet in the position you want to squat in then walk back exactly how you have them.

You need to be tighter you move your hands around a lot meaning you aren't digging that bar into your traps and flexing your upper back really tightly.
    All of these are really small things but if you want a great squat you have to try and perfect it.

The rest looks good, but I can't really tell since this weight isn't challenging for you. You can really tell someone's mistakes by seeing a heavy set.

For example:

Here's a video of me squating 405, here you will see all my flaws with squating that you wouldn't see in a video of me doing 225.

Flaws with my squat:
    •My elbows are back (which will cause me to lean froward)
    • I'm shaking which makes my base less stable
    •my knees cave a little coming out of the hole
    •my chest isn't pointed forward or up when coming out of the hole making my lean forward.
    •i shift my feet around too much after my walkout

Even though the squat may look good there are all subtle little things that can make your squat more technical better that you should strive to fix.
    Last edited by CWGame; 10-04-2015 at 08:28 PM.

For abs form seems fine but its pretty hard to tell if you are cheating or not since I can't see what muscles are contracting.

For squats:
    For your lift off, from one of the videos you lift off with your toes, you want to lift off from mid to rear foot so if you need to put the bar 1 slot lower.

It may just be the angle but your squat seems to be asymmetrical, you seem to favore your right side a little.

When coming out of the hole on a rep or two your heals came up a tiny bit meaning your weight couldn't be on your mid to rear foot, make sure not to have your weight on your toes.

You take too many steps when walking out, to make the lift as efficient as possible try to get into your squating stance within 2-3 steps. A easier way to do this is before your lift off have your feet in the position you want to squat in then walk back exactly how you have them.

You need to be tighter you move your hands around a lot meaning you aren't digging that bar into your traps and flexing your upper back really tightly.
    All of these are really small things but if you want a great squat you have to try and perfect it.

The rest looks good, but I can't really tell since this weight isn't challenging for you. You can really tell someone's mistakes by seeing a heavy set.

For example:

Here's a video of me squating 405, here you will see all my flaws with squating that you wouldn't see in a video of me doing 225.

Flaws with my squat:
    •My elbows are back (which will cause me to lean froward)
    • I'm shaking which makes my base less stable
    •my knees cave a little coming out of the hole
    •my chest isn't pointed forward or up when coming out of the hole making my lean forward.
    •i shift my feet around too much after my walkout

Even though the squat may look good there are all subtle little things that can make your squat more technical better that you should strive to fix.
    For abs I cant rly make video without shirt well I can but my stupid phone will make it impossible for you to see the muscles contracting. And which way is correct to do the abs?? First or the second one. First is with hands next to body ( im looking at ceiling ) and second is with hands behind but im looking at legs. When im doing the first one for like 1-2 months Im not progressing at ALL. First set I can do 8-12 reps second set I can only 8-6 reps and last set only 8-4 reps. No progress at all. Im doing abs 3x a week and cycling. So I begin with crunches then russian twist and then leg raise http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1FggalVlfU&t=7m38s then again crunches.... I cycle all those 3-4 times. ( no rest pause pretty much )
    Since I dont progress at all I THINK SOMETHING IS WRONG??

For squats
    -Okay I didnt know that. I will try to focus on heels but I dont know why but if I try to lean back a bit so for the heels I guess it feels like im about to fall so mby thats why im doing the toes.
    -Yes its possible that im assymetrical I can notice it a bit when squating. A little dominant right side and I dont know how to solve it??? Quite same thing for bench press I feel like im using more my right pecs.
    -Well okay i wanted to make sure im correctly and the mirror isnt 100% at the squat location so I had to move
    -Ok I will try to be tighter

----By the way im working out now for 1year. I was doing for most of the time split and I didnt really eat that much. Now im doing ICF for 2-3 months and eating a ton of gaining weight. So is full body still suitable for me?? theoretically we can say im working out 3months since im eating properly for that time and I have proper routine.

Also I was reading a bunch of info by Arnold Schawrzenegger about bodybuilding. For example he said that he liked to shock his muscles by not leaving them in stereotype. So changing up exercises often. I wonder does this shock technique work?? Since Arnold said it I guess it does?
    Last edited by Lumicko; 10-05-2015 at 03:42 PM.

For abs I cant rly make video without shirt well I can but my stupid phone will make it impossible for you to see the muscles contracting. And which way is correct to do the abs?? First or the second one. First is with hands next to body ( im looking at ceiling ) and second is with hands behind but im looking at legs. When im doing the first one for like 1-2 months Im not progressing at ALL. First set I can do 8-12 reps second set I can only 8-6 reps and last set only 8-4 reps. No progress at all. Im doing abs 3x a week and cycling. So I begin with crunches then russian twist and then leg raise http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1FggalVlfU&t=7m38s then again crunches.... I cycle all those 3-4 times. ( no rest pause pretty much )
    Since I dont progress at all I THINK SOMETHING IS WRONG??

For squats
    -Okay I didnt know that. I will try to focus on heels but I dont know why but if I try to lean back a bit so for the heels I guess it feels like im about to fall so mby thats why im doing the toes.
    -Yes its possible that im assymetrical I can notice it a bit when squating. A little dominant right side and I dont know how to solve it??? Quite same thing for bench press I feel like im using more my right pecs.
    -Well okay i wanted to make sure im correctly and the mirror isnt 100% at the squat location so I had to move
    -Ok I will try to be tighter

----By the way im working out now for 1year. I was doing for most of the time split and I didnt really eat that much. Now im doing ICF for 2-3 months and eating a ton of gaining weight. So is full body still suitable for me?? theoretically we can say im working out 3months since im eating properly for that time and I have proper routine.

Also I was reading a bunch of info by Arnold Schawrzenegger about bodybuilding. For example he said that he liked to shock his muscles by not leaving them in stereotype. So changing up exercises often. I wonder does this shock technique work?? Since Arnold said it I guess it does?
    As for abs, I meant I can't really tell what's being worked unless I can feel it myself meaning I'm doing it myself so if you feel it working then go with that. Progression isn't as important as long as your abs are getting worked.

I would only switch things up once you stall.

As for abs, I meant I can't really tell what's being worked unless I can feel it myself meaning I'm doing it myself so if you feel it working then go with that. Progression isn't as important as long as your abs are getting worked.

I would only switch things up once you stall.
    -Ahh okay well im not sure I feel both working. I think the one with the head looking at legs I might feel more. So I feel them on both exercises but the question is which one is more correct / effective. It seems like the one where im looking at my legs.

-Yes but my abs wont rly grow unless I add some weight??? I was like that without weight for like 2-3months. Im going back to the second one on the recording where I look at legs It feels better concerning the muscles feeling. And also I was able to increase weight there!!! So im sticking with that... Also I feel it great and better as I said

-And I should stick to full body right?? Even when u look at the timeline.

-Im so unsure about shrugs... How can I tell if im doing them correctly and that form is good?? Im trying to pinch my shoulder blades and go with shoulders only up and down and not to lean my head forward. But I dont know how hard to squeeze / pinch my shoulder blades and I dont know how high to go and if im going high enough...

-Damn its like im going to start ICF over. I just found out that I was doing Military Overhead press incorrect. I had 12,5kg on side ( barbell) now im back to 5kg because of form D well atleast im doing it correctly. Same for barbell rows I was 15kg on the side. Now its 2,5-5kg on side with proper form. Such setback D
    Last edited by Lumicko; 10-07-2015 at 12:19 PM.

-Ahh okay well im not sure I feel both working. I think the one with the head looking at legs I might feel more. So I feel them on both exercises but the question is which one is more correct / effective. It seems like the one where im looking at my legs.

-Yes but my abs wont rly grow unless I add some weight??? I was like that without weight for like 2-3months. Im going back to the second one on the recording where I look at legs It feels better concerning the muscles feeling. And also I was able to increase weight there!!! So im sticking with that... Also I feel it great and better as I said

-And I should stick to full body right?? Even when u look at the timeline.

-Im so unsure about shrugs... How can I tell if im doing them correctly and that form is good?? Im trying to pinch my shoulder blades and go with shoulders only up and down and not to lean my head forward. But I dont know how hard to squeeze / pinch my shoulder blades and I dont know how high to go and if im going high enough...

-Damn its like im going to start ICF over. I just found out that I was doing Military Overhead press incorrect. I had 12,5kg on side ( barbell) now im back to 5kg because of form D well atleast im doing it correctly. Same for barbell rows I was 15kg on the side. Now its 2,5-5kg on side with proper form. Such setback D
    Yes you should always try to increase weight but not at the expense of form.

Yeah I would stick with a full body until you are at the intermediate level at least.

As for shrugs you should pull up and back in more of a diagonal line and sqeeze them until they are fully contracted, you don't just go straight up or up and forward like a lot of people do because your traps are mainly on your upper back. Do it in the mirror and feel or look at your traps you will be able to see/feel the difference.

Yeah form over weight so if your form gets bad don't feel pressured to move up in weight make sure your form is good first.

Yes you should always try to increase weight but not at the expense of form.

Yeah I would stick with a full body until you are at the intermediate level at least.

As for shrugs you should pull up and back in more of a diagonal line and sqeeze them until they are fully contracted, you don't just go straight up or up and forward like a lot of people do because your traps are mainly on your upper back. Do it in the mirror and feel or look at your traps you will be able to see/feel the difference.

Yeah form over weight so if your form gets bad don't feel pressured to move up in weight make sure your form is good first.
    Im not sure what do you mean by "diagonal line" ? Also I should squeeze shoulder blades together right. Hmm I dont really see difference in mirror I will try today at the gym going now.

Gonna record myself doing shrugs today.
    Last edited by Lumicko; 10-08-2015 at 11:49 PM.

New squats here
    Not sure if you can see the difference but I feel like its different.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNhyJR1gcyo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7lUTpxr-FM

Shrugs tomorrow I Forgot

Im not sure what do you mean by "diagonal line" ? Also I should squeeze shoulder blades together right. Hmm I dont really see difference in mirror I will try today at the gym going now.

Gonna record myself doing shrugs today.
    Bring them up and back at the same time so its sort of like how you would do a row but higher up.

New squats here
    Not sure if you can see the difference but I feel like its different.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNhyJR1gcyo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7lUTpxr-FM

Shrugs tomorrow I Forgot
    Looks good to me, but its also to tell where your issues are with weight that doesn't challenge you.

Looks good to me, but its also to tell where your issues are with weight that doesn't challenge you.
    Well at first vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNhyJR1gcyo at 1:02 the last rep you can notice that im going back then REALLY SLOW well there I can barely go back I was about to fail the rep. But yeah its not so challenging because im focusing on form and I need to first train my form to get it into my brain then I can challenge myself with weights.

I wonder if soreness indicates anything... Or if its necessary to grow or so. Im just rarely sore or never. To my surprise last 2 workouts of bench I was the day after sore at chest ( pecs ). I think because I fixed my form now im doing it correctly. But thats the only thing I got sore. Nothing else at all almost never. Well really long time ago when I was still doing some lame split there were days when I had sore biceps but thats all.

But I never really did supersets or dropsets neither the exercises variety like switching them up etc and now im doing ICF... So maybe when I get onto split I will most likely encounter soreness because I will do supersets,drops, chaningig exercises often etc...

Johnmayer23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How long to build Muscle?

I've been trying to get muscle on my body,
    I have some question, how long to get like what this men on instagram instagram.com/p/82oEgGRkTn/
    I need some advice,

Male
    22 years old
    110lbs
    5'8"

please help

I wonder if soreness indicates anything... Or if its necessary to grow or so. Im just rarely sore or never. To my surprise last 2 workouts of bench I was the day after sore at chest ( pecs ). I think because I fixed my form now im doing it correctly. But thats the only thing I got sore. Nothing else at all almost never. Well really long time ago when I was still doing some lame split there were days when I had sore biceps but thats all.

But I never really did supersets or dropsets neither the exercises variety like switching them up etc and now im doing ICF... So maybe when I get onto split I will most likely encounter soreness because I will do supersets,drops, chaningig exercises often etc...

Can't tell you the last time my chest has been sore and I pause bench 340. Soreness isn't a indicator of gains.

Originally Posted by Johnmayer23 View Post
    I've been trying to get muscle on my body,
    I have some question, how long to get like what this men on instagram instagram.com/p/82oEgGRkTn/
    I need some advice,

Male
    22 years old
    110lbs
    5'8"

please help
    No idea I don't know his stats at all but that physique won't be hard to acheive.

•eat in a caloric surplus so you are consistently gaining weight
    •get on a proven routine like this one:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=167032221
    •be consistent
    •learn proper form

If you follow these simple steps you will get to your goal.

nelnet45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nelnet45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nelnet45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nelnet45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nelnet45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nelnet45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nelnet45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nelnet45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nelnet45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nelnet45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nelnet45 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    yes

Can't tell you the last time my chest has been sore and I pause bench 340. Soreness isn't a indicator of gains.
    Okay
    Btw any idea why when I Bench press I feel like my right chest is working more and I feel it a lot more than my left chest ???

Also its not possible to feel or work in any way triceps during back workouts right?? Like bent over barbell rows. Somehow the lats working feel rly similar to triceps working. So thats why im asking. Like there is no way I would work triceps no matter what I did. And I rly focus on form.

Shrugs recording soon probably today