RTrout18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTrout18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTrout18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTrout18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTrout18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTrout18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTrout18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTrout18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTrout18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTrout18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTrout18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Natural/Aluminum Free Deodorant?

I sweat quite a bit under my arms even when I'm not really hot... it's been difficult to find a deodorant/antiperspirant that actually works for me in general; but, I'd really also like to find one that is either "natural" or at the very least aluminum free. I tried Toms of Maine in the past and it sucked for me. Does anyone know of any aluminum free deodorants that ACTUALLY work and also serve as an antiperspirant?

I've found natural deodorants but none that I've seen are labeled as an "antiperspirant" so I'm a little skeptical of whether or not they would do much at all for me.

Vixentine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vixentine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vixentine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vixentine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vixentine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vixentine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vixentine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vixentine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vixentine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vixentine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vixentine has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I use Lavanila brand for deodorant and moisturizer. Natural ingredients, it is not as powerful as some others but you just apply again and you're good to go. They make a tiny little travel one that I take with me in my purse.

http://www.lavanila.com/Deodorant-_c_57.html

RTrout18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTrout18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTrout18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTrout18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTrout18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTrout18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTrout18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTrout18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTrout18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTrout18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTrout18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Vixentine View Post
    I use Lavanila brand for deodorant and moisturizer. Natural ingredients, it is not as powerful as some others but you just apply again and you're good to go. They make a tiny little travel one that I take with me in my purse.

http://www.lavanila.com/Deodorant-_c_57.html
    yikes, that's expensive though!
    lol, I'm a broke college student at the moment :P

Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    For the past 4 months I've been using home made deodorant based on a recipe that I got from this site...

http://wellnessmama.com/1523/natural-deodorant/

Prior to that I was using Secret Clinical strength antiperspirant. Even though that is supposed to be one of the stronger antiperspirants...it didn't really do much to reduce sweating. And it also wasn't good as a deodorant. Half way thru the day I would need to reapply or I would reek.

The recipe above...well that works all day as a deodorant (don't need to reapply) and the shea butter/coconut oil does a great job at keeping that area well moisturized. It isn't an antiperspirant...but I'm actually sweating as much as I was when I was using Secret (shows how much that works). And the really nice part is I get to decide what fragrance I want to use.
    Workout Log / Chat thread...Embrace the Dragon: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169711903

"If you truly seek understanding, then first, empty your cup!" – Unknown

*** Squat Quitter Crew ***
    *** Dragon Flags Crew ***

Originally Posted by Artemis00 View Post
    For the past 4 months I've been using home made deodorant based on a recipe that I got from this site...

http://wellnessmama.com/1523/natural-deodorant/

Prior to that I was using Secret Clinical strength antiperspirant. Even though that is supposed to be one of the stronger antiperspirants...it didn't really do much to reduce sweating. And it also wasn't good as a deodorant. Half way thru the day I would need to reapply or I would reek.

The recipe above...well that works all day as a deodorant (don't need to reapply) and the shea butter/coconut oil does a great job at keeping that area well moisturized. It isn't an antiperspirant...but I'm actually sweating as much as I was when I was using Secret (shows how much that works). And the really nice part is I get to decide what fragrance I want to use.
    Thanks!! I'll have to try that. I always have essential oils, coconut oil, and baking soda on hand so all I'd have to get is the shea butter. I got some "Kiss My Face" brand stuff that I was going to try but honestly, I'd feel better about just using whole ingredients and making my own so that I KNOW what I'm slathering on my skin so I'll definitely be trying this.

I'm a freak about what I put on my skin since it is the biggest organ and absorbs everything-- and I have been feeling guilty about the deodorant for awhile.

Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by RTrout18 View Post
    Thanks!! I'll have to try that. I always have essential oils, coconut oil, and baking soda on hand so all I'd have to get is the shea butter. I got some "Kiss My Face" brand stuff that I was going to try but honestly, I'd feel better about just using whole ingredients and making my own so that I KNOW what I'm slathering on my skin so I'll definitely be trying this.

I'm a freak about what I put on my skin since it is the biggest organ and absorbs everything-- and I have been feeling guilty about the deodorant for awhile.

Well I will warn you...it is amazing how a little goes a long way. My first batch maybe filled two 2oz containers and that lasted me for 4 months. My last batch filled about 8 of those containers, so I probably won't have to make any for the next 2 years. LOL. And it really doesn't take that much shea butter.

One thing I do like to do, that they don't mention in the recipe...is make sure to stir the ingredients up when the shea butter starts to set. I find that if I don't, the coconut oil and essential oils have a tendency of rising to the top. If it does set and it is still separated...well let it warm up again (put it outside in 80-90 degree temps will do the trick) and you can stir it back up.
    Workout Log / Chat thread...Embrace the Dragon: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169711903

"If you truly seek understanding, then first, empty your cup!" – Unknown

*** Squat Quitter Crew ***
    *** Dragon Flags Crew ***

Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I use a crystal anti-persperant/deoderant. Its an actual crystal that you rub on clean, wet armpits. It actually works well (for me), depends on individual chemistry if it works for you or not.

Number one reason why I like it: Does NOT leave giant yellow armpit stains on all my white workout tees.

http://www.amazon.com/Crystal-Body-D...stal+deodorant
    Under Construction.

tdcouzens is a complete loser! (-2000) tdcouzens is a complete loser! (-2000) tdcouzens is a complete loser! (-2000) tdcouzens is a complete loser! (-2000) tdcouzens is a complete loser! (-2000) tdcouzens is a complete loser! (-2000) tdcouzens is a complete loser! (-2000) tdcouzens is a complete loser! (-2000) tdcouzens is a complete loser! (-2000) tdcouzens is a complete loser! (-2000) tdcouzens is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Hey, you should buy this stuff called Driclor that i use, it is really good and I'm positive it would work on you too but it does have aluminium chloride in it...

peasandlove is a name known to all. (+5000) peasandlove is a name known to all. (+5000) peasandlove is a name known to all. (+5000) peasandlove is a name known to all. (+5000) peasandlove is a name known to all. (+5000) peasandlove is a name known to all. (+5000) peasandlove is a name known to all. (+5000) peasandlove is a name known to all. (+5000) peasandlove is a name known to all. (+5000) peasandlove is a name known to all. (+5000) peasandlove is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by tdcouzens View Post
    Hey, you should buy this stuff called Driclor that i use, it is really good and I'm positive it would work on you too but it does have aluminium chloride in it...
    I use this too, but it's choc full of aluminium lol
    i wouldnt be without it

sammichface will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammichface will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammichface will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammichface will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammichface will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammichface will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammichface will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammichface will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammichface will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammichface will become famous soon enough. (+50) sammichface will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You're not gonna find an anti-pers w/o aluminum, since that's what the aluminum is in there for. I use crystal brand and it at least keeps the stinkies at bay. I figure my body was meant to sweat for a reason, so I should let it so long as it's not excessive.
    Pick it up, put it down, get strong

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.”
    ― Terry Pratchett