Rishiraaj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rishiraaj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rishiraaj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rishiraaj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rishiraaj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rishiraaj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rishiraaj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rishiraaj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rishiraaj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rishiraaj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rishiraaj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Question Need professional Suggesstion

Hello everyone,
    I am here like everyone else tats seeking some gud advice on my routine to reduce body fat and gain muscles coz im now done with personal trainers who dont hav gud knowledge in my city and seriously need help.
    I weigh around 245 pounds currently.I do 2 different sessions of workout.In the morning u usually do weight lifting in the gym for around 1:30 hrs.I workout 6 days a week n do lifting for 2 body parts the same day like chest n triceps 1 day then back n biceps 2nd day n delts n legs 3rd day n do them 45 min per body part twice a week.
    In the evening after office i jogg for around 1:30hrs and usually cover around 6-7 miles.
    I have a very controlled diet plan for myself n tats not my concern.

My main concern is i want to lose fat and at the same time want to buildup.I heard that lifting weights also helps alot reduce fat in the body.

Please if im doing something wrong advice me coz i want my body to be in shape and im ready to work hard for it...Please lemme know if there is somethin wrong with my routine coz i dnt want to change it.

reicherts78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) reicherts78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) reicherts78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) reicherts78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) reicherts78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) reicherts78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) reicherts78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) reicherts78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) reicherts78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) reicherts78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) reicherts78 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You may have your diet in check, but the honestly you probably don't. How many calories per day do you eat and what is the split of carbs/fats/protein?

Do you track your food? If not, then that is your first mistake.
    Do you track your workouts and work to progress? If not, that is your 2nd mistake.

It is very difficult to build up while cutting down. I'm not saying it's not possible, but you need to have everything in perfect harmony for such results.

You may be performing too much cardio.

You should go follow a program in the "workouts" section of this forum.

I would suggest something like:

Full Body Workout 3 days per week

Do these exercises:

Barbell Deadlift
    Barbell Bench Press
    Barbell Squat
    Barbell Bent Over Row
    Bench Chest Flyes
    Dumbbell Lunge

Do around 3 sets of 8 reps

Eat at least 2500 calories per day to start with around 180 grams protein, 180 carbs, 50 fat (estimated)

The best advice I can give though is to go find a program, follow it strictly, cut back on the cardio a bit. Too much cardio interferes with leg recovery. Your legs are vital to burning calories as your thighs are the largest muscles in the body. It is also counter productive to muscle. Jogging too much tells your body "hey, he is trying to become more efficient at running, lets burn off this muscle tissue", and less muscle tissue means less overall calories burned throughout the day.

As a trainer, I have seen more people that come to me after chronic undereating than overeating. If you are not losing weight with around 10 times your body weight in calories, then your metabolism is too low and you need to reverse diet (slowly add calories) or start implementing refeed days (high carb/low fat days once per week) to help fix that.

Good luck!
    Currently 185 lbs 13% bf
    Phase: slow cut

Thanshin is just really nice. (+1000) Thanshin is just really nice. (+1000) Thanshin is just really nice. (+1000) Thanshin is just really nice. (+1000) Thanshin is just really nice. (+1000) Thanshin is just really nice. (+1000) Thanshin is just really nice. (+1000) Thanshin is just really nice. (+1000) Thanshin is just really nice. (+1000) Thanshin is just really nice. (+1000) Thanshin is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Rishiraaj View Post
    You don't. You think you do, but it's not real.

Write down everything you eat for a week. Every single thing that enters your mouth, except clean water, weighted with a scale.

Then convert that to calories and macros and come back.

Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hello everyone,
    I am here like everyone else tats seeking some gud advice on my routine to reduce body fat and gain muscles coz im now done with personal trainers who dont hav gud knowledge in my city and seriously need help.
    I weigh around 245 pounds currently.I do 2 different sessions of workout.In the morning u usually do weight lifting in the gym for around 1:30 hrs.I workout 6 days a week n do lifting for 2 body parts the same day like chest n triceps 1 day then back n biceps 2nd day n delts n legs 3rd day n do them 45 min per body part twice a week.
    In the evening after office i jogg for around 1:30hrs and usually cover around 6-7 miles.

My main concern is i want to lose fat and at the same time want to buildup.I heard that lifting weights also helps alot reduce fat in the body.

Please if im doing something wrong advice me coz i want my body to be in shape and im ready to work hard for it...Please lemme know if there is somethin wrong with my routine coz i dnt want to change it.
    I also thought my diet was in check, I was losing weight but not as fast as I should be due to how much my TDEE is I should've been losing a lot more because of a physical job and other factors, little things like seasonings or sauces can actually play a huge factor like today I actually found out that 10mL of BBQ sauce is 27 calories and I was probably having 400-500 calories of sauce a day and that's not much sauce either it's just high in calories so you have to check and track EVERY LITTLE THING that goes into your body.

Rishiraaj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rishiraaj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rishiraaj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rishiraaj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rishiraaj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rishiraaj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rishiraaj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rishiraaj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rishiraaj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rishiraaj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rishiraaj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    yes mate ur absolutely right.I dnt actually have a check on my diet.I just avoid eating anything which has too much calories in it.I usually start up bt drinking black coffee n do my workout.I just usually have cereals in breakfast or just usually a glass of milk.Drink another 2 glasses of black coffee coz the trainer in my gym told me tat black coffee reduces fat so had to do.Lunch is usually just green vegetables n nothin much.In the evening i jogg n drink another glass of milk 1 hour prior to bed.Thats my daily diet plan and frankly speaking i dnt have any idea what im i actually doing coz no one's here to correct me or help me lay down a gud deit plan.
    Recently i heard about this Bulletproof diet so i was thinking of doing starting that.

For the workouts i was following the MI40 program of Ben Pakulski IFBB pro.I saw his workout videos on youtube and just doing those exercises which he suggested and the way he does it.

Also a few months earlier i was around 290 pounds n and started jogging and lost around 45 pounds in almost 2 months so i thought this time to combine workout and cardio in different sessions and thought it may payoff..

Thanshin is just really nice. (+1000) Thanshin is just really nice. (+1000) Thanshin is just really nice. (+1000) Thanshin is just really nice. (+1000) Thanshin is just really nice. (+1000) Thanshin is just really nice. (+1000) Thanshin is just really nice. (+1000) Thanshin is just really nice. (+1000) Thanshin is just really nice. (+1000) Thanshin is just really nice. (+1000) Thanshin is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Rooskie93 View Post
    I was probably having 400-500 calories of sauce a day
    For me it was mainly beer. I had beer for lunch, dinner and several social meetings. Two pints may not seem much, but they can easily add 500 cals to every meal.

Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Thanshin View Post
    For me it was mainly beer. I had beer for lunch, dinner and several social meetings. Two pints may not seem much, but they can easily add 500 cals to every meal.
    Yeah there's these ice coffees that I ****ing love but once I saw 500mL is around 750 calories I was like NOPE, I drink them in 2 seconds and they're pretty small, yet the skinny guys at my work drink so many of them a day and are still scrawny >_> Jealous but not really because they have no muscle just skin and bone but can eat W/E the **** they want.

reicherts78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) reicherts78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) reicherts78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) reicherts78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) reicherts78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) reicherts78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) reicherts78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) reicherts78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) reicherts78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) reicherts78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) reicherts78 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    yes mate ur absolutely right.I dnt actually have a check on my diet.I just avoid eating anything which has too much calories in it.I usually start up bt drinking black coffee n do my workout.I just usually have cereals in breakfast or just usually a glass of milk.Drink another 2 glasses of black coffee coz the trainer in my gym told me tat black coffee reduces fat so had to do.Lunch is usually just green vegetables n nothin much.In the evening i jogg n drink another glass of milk 1 hour prior to bed.Thats my daily diet plan and frankly speaking i dnt have any idea what im i actually doing coz no one's here to correct me or help me lay down a gud deit plan.
    Recently i heard about this Bulletproof diet so i was thinking of doing starting that.

For the workouts i was following the MI40 program of Ben Pakulski IFBB pro.I saw his workout videos on youtube and just doing those exercises which he suggested and the way he does it.

Also a few months earlier i was around 290 pounds n and started jogging and lost around 45 pounds in almost 2 months so i thought this time to combine workout and cardio in different sessions and thought it may payoff..
    Yes the diet is crucial. Honestly, not to burst your bubble, but you probably lost much of that 45lbs from muscle by undereating and too much running. My guess is that your metabolism is low. Today is a new day. Throw out everything that idiotic trainer told you and make these foods your staples:

-Eggs
    -Potatoes (sweet is best)
    -Cottage Cheese
    -Oatmeal
    -some nuts
    -Steak
    -Chicken
    -Tuna and other fish
    -Whey Protein powder
    -Rice
    -veggies
    -some fruit
    -other foods that have few ingredients

Keep in mind that food prep is very important. If you want the results, you need to put in the work constantly, including knowing what your weeks workouts will look like, what your next couple days of food will be, etc. It needs to be a focal point of your life. Once you get your body to where you want it, you can relax a bit more.

I would search for Starting Strength for a program. You need to get that muscle you likely lost back on that frame. Muscle burns fat.

Find ways to make those staple foods interesting. Salsas and spices are your friend and they don't contain any or negligible calories.

Being you are young, you can get away with building muscle easier with some lesser quality foods, but make the bulk of your calories from good old fashioned whole food. On these forums, over the years I have seen a lot of fads come and go. Stick to the old fashioned ways of nutrition when it comes to bodybuilding.

As far as personal trainers go, the unfortunate aspect of that business is that most people only want to see the scale go down and trainers want to be successful at making that happen, so they usually will just encourage you to starve yourself and do lots of cardio because they know that you will lose physical weight quickly. What they Dont tell you is that much of that be muscle and after a couple months you will plateau from a ruined metabolism.
    Last edited by reicherts78; 07-24-2015 at 05:52 AM.
    Currently 185 lbs 13% bf

shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would suggest not just watching videos on youtube and basically making up your own program loosely following MI40 from lifts that you see Ben doing. If you are going to follow the program, pay the man for his program, get it and follow it. There is a ton more that goes into programming than just the exercises.

If you don't want to do that, I would suggest getting on a good beginner program here. Allpro, Fierce 5, etc. These are proven programs that many beginners, including myself, have followed and have had great success with.

Good luck.

Originally Posted by shaneinga View Post
    I would suggest not just watching videos on youtube and basically making up your own program loosely following MI40 from lifts that you see Ben doing. If you are going to follow the program, pay the man for his program, get it and follow it. There is a ton more that goes into programming than just the exercises.

If you don't want to do that, I would suggest getting on a good beginner program here. Allpro, Fierce 5, etc. These are proven programs that many beginners, including myself, have followed and have had great success with.

Good luck.
    Yes i agree with you mate and i will be doing that.
    Also i will be making a new diet plan.
    However i still am confused about the different training sessions that i am currently doing.I mean i do wanna get my body get in shape and at the same time i want to lose weight but i have read that doing cardio is gonna make me lose muscles and not fat.
    So shall i stop my evening cardio or shall i reduce it frm 6miles to 4 miles or just walking or running??
    Also is lifting weights at this stage where i weigh 245 pounds help me alone lose fat and get my body in shape? I mean along wid a gud diet plan??

Originally Posted by reicherts78 View Post
    Yes the diet is crucial. Honestly, not to burst your bubble, but you probably lost much of that 45lbs from muscle by undereating and too much running. My guess is that your metabolism is low. Today is a new day. Throw out everything that idiotic trainer told you and make these foods your staples:

-Eggs
    -Potatoes (sweet is best)
    -Cottage Cheese
    -Oatmeal
    -some nuts
    -Steak
    -Chicken
    -Tuna and other fish
    -Whey Protein powder
    -Rice
    -veggies
    -some fruit
    -other foods that have few ingredients

Keep in mind that food prep is very important. If you want the results, you need to put in the work constantly, including knowing what your weeks workouts will look like, what your next couple days of food will be, etc. It needs to be a focal point of your life. Once you get your body to where you want it, you can relax a bit more.

I would search for Starting Strength for a program. You need to get that muscle you likely lost back on that frame. Muscle burns fat.

Find ways to make those staple foods interesting. Salsas and spices are your friend and they don't contain any or negligible calories.

Being you are young, you can get away with building muscle easier with some lesser quality foods, but make the bulk of your calories from good old fashioned whole food. On these forums, over the years I have seen a lot of fads come and go. Stick to the old fashioned ways of nutrition when it comes to bodybuilding.

As far as personal trainers go, the unfortunate aspect of that business is that most people only want to see the scale go down and trainers want to be successful at making that happen, so they usually will just encourage you to starve yourself and do lots of cardio because they know that you will lose physical weight quickly. What they Dont tell you is that much of that be muscle and after a couple months you will plateau from a ruined metabolism.
    Well thats the case actually coz i did lost weight but my body isnt have much power to lift weights and the first time i started liftng weights i was exausted.

I kw everyone here is wanna get the perfect body but with the wrong guidance the body gets messed up easily and i dnt want that to happen.
    The trainer at my gym also said that lifting weights for bodybuilding will surely get my body back in shape bt it will look ugly and i was a bit upset as if they are trying to make me take them as my personal trainer and pay them huge amout of money which i dont want coz i already wasted 3 months paying them without any satisfactory result.

My body currently is really in a bad shape so would continuing lifting workouts gonna make my body get n shape?? with controlled diet??and should i continue different sessions like workouts in mornin and cardio in evening?? or should i stop or reduce my eveing jogging from 6-7 miles n drop thn to like 4-5 miles?
    Please suggest me

Well thats the case actually coz i did lost weight but my body isnt have much power to lift weights and the first time i started liftng weights i was exausted.

I kw everyone here is wanna get the perfect body but with the wrong guidance the body gets messed up easily and i dnt want that to happen.
    The trainer at my gym also said that lifting weights for bodybuilding will surely get my body back in shape bt it will look ugly and i was a bit upset as if they are trying to make me take them as my personal trainer and pay them huge amout of money which i dont want coz i already wasted 3 months paying them without any satisfactory result.

My body currently is really in a bad shape so would continuing lifting workouts gonna make my body get n shape?? with controlled diet??and should i continue different sessions like workouts in mornin and cardio in evening?? or should i stop or reduce my eveing jogging from 6-7 miles n drop thn to like 4-5 miles?
    Please suggest me
    I would stop paying that personal trainer. Any trainer that tells you that weightlifting will make your body look ugly should not have that job. Weight lifting is crucial to not only a good physique, but also to burn body fat. Muscle burns more calories throughout the day and the more you have, the more fat you will burn.

Yes, you should lift weights at least 3 days per week. I would perform 2 types of cardio on the other days. One cardio day 1 I would just walk. If you have a step counter, try to get around 10000 or more steps in. On cardio day 2 I would sprint for 20 minutes. You would go all out sprinting as fast as you can, walk for 30 seconds, and then repeat that for the whole 20 minutes.

So if I was your trainer, I would set you up something like this:

Mon: Full Body routine using compound moves
    Tues: Walk
    Wed: Full Body routine using compound moves
    Thurs: Sprint
    Friday: Full Body routine using compound moves
    Sat/Sun: Rest

As for eating, I would make sure you are tracking your food using an app like My Fitness Pal and start around 2500 calories. If you are currently eating less than that, I would add 50 calories per day until you reach 2500. Make sure you eat enough carbs. Carbs are protein sparing, which means they are muscle sparing. I would roughly suggest 180-250 carbs, 180 protein, 50-60 fat. If you have been undereating, which is sounds like you have been, don't be alarmed if you gain a few pounds in water weight. This is normal and should level off. Your main focus should be eating a sufficient amount of food so that your metabolism can repair. It will then start burning fat again.

As for the workout program, I would suggest finding a good full body routine outlined on this website and follow it. I don't post on here very often so am out of touch as to what the best programs here are. Maybe somebody else could suggest one. It would take too long for me to write you a full program so I'm just giving you some rough guidelines on what you will be looking for.

You want to get the most bang for your buck when it comes to your exercises. Instead of using isolating exercises like bicep curls, shoot for compound exercises like barbell rows, as they are multi-jointed and give you much better results. Any program you find will recommend these compound exercises like bench press, deadlifts, rows, squats, etc.
    Currently 185 lbs 13% bf