jaykhjr is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaykhjr is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaykhjr is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaykhjr is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaykhjr is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaykhjr is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaykhjr is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaykhjr is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaykhjr is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaykhjr is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaykhjr is on a distinguished road. (+10)

lots of weight to lose, need help on diet!

Hey everyone, first time posting here,

I am 24, I started at 390 pounds, I'm 5'11". 3xl ****s and 46" pants.

I am at 380 after 3 weeks. I have been going to the gym 7 days a week. Weigh training and 35 min of cardio 5 of those days, 35-55 minutes of cardio the other two days

I have been very strict on my diet, and I give myself one cheat meal per week.

On days when I do weight training my meals consist of:

6:30 AM Rivalus Protein Shake with a half cup of blueberries and water
    9 AM steamed vegetables, usually Asparagus or Cauliflower
    11:15AM lunch a salad with chicken, or 2 servings of vegetables and a serving or two of lean protein, maybe some carbs
    2 PM a protein bar (Pure protein, 200 cal)
    3 PM amiNO Energy Preworkout
    3:15 PM Modern BCAA during-workout
    5 PM Post Workout Rivalus with water
    6:45 PM Dinner, 2 servings of lean protein, 1 or 2 of vegetables.

when I dontlift and I just do my cardio training, its the same things withOUT:
    2 PM a protein bar (Pure protein, 200 cal)
    3 PM amiNO Energy Preworkout
    3:15 PM Modern BCAA during-workout
    5 PM Post Workout Rivalus with water

only other supplement im taking is Armor-V vitamins from MusclePharm.

I am taking in between 1100 and 1500 calories per day.

My goal is to get down to 275-280, with more muscle than I currently have.

Questions:

What can I do better?

Am I eating enough or do I need to step it up? I am not very hungry at any one point, I like spreading my meals out. but I read things that say I may be eating too little and making my body want to retain fat.

any help is really appreciated. I am new to this, I know a diet is more than watching what I eat, its about lifestyle, and I think I am comfortable settled into the changes I made 3 weeks ago, I just haven't seen alot of progress on the scale and I am trying to make sure I am not doing something wrong. I know muscle weighs more than fat, so if I am converting some fat into muscle my weight wont change much, but still, I'd have liked to see more than 10 pounds in 3 weeks, considering some of it is water weight.

Thank you!

jaykhjr is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaykhjr is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaykhjr is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaykhjr is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaykhjr is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaykhjr is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaykhjr is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaykhjr is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaykhjr is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaykhjr is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaykhjr is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Bump... anyone have any advice?

unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Your off to a good start and are down 10lbs in 3 weeks so I would say you are on the right track. Keep at it man and don't give up

OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Good job, keep at it man! My advice would be to make sure you're counting calories correct. At your size if you're only eating 1100-1500 calories/day, and working out 7 days a week the weight would be flying off. Getting your calories correct will be more important and you drop down more. Keep at it and you'll reach your goals!
    Baltimore Orioles
    Most positive poster in this thread.

MFC Poor Crew President and Founder.

JB05 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JB05 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JB05 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JB05 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JB05 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JB05 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JB05 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JB05 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JB05 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JB05 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JB05 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Nice work so far! I started at about 368, so very similar stats. I'm also in 2/3x and 46" pants (for now...)

I think the biggest thing is going to be logging your calories. I would use MyFitnessPal or FitDay or something similar to keep track of how many calories you're taking in. A food scale would also be a wise investment. You don't have to go crazy and weigh everything, but it's pretty handy for some things. There are 110 calories in 4 oz of chicken, but let's be honest, nobody can tell how many ounces of chicken they're actually cooking without a scale.

As far as the workouts, you're doing a lot IMO. Personally I'm only walking for 33 minutes every morning, and sometimes go for a longer hike on the weekends. It's more about health (getting my blood pressure down) and consistency (habit-forming) for me. I guess my advice is keep it sustainable. It does you no good to go super hardcore for 3 days, then get too sore and injured and never do it again. Do what you can stand to do (almost) every day. Consistency is key.

Lightsoft is a name known to all. (+5000) Lightsoft is a name known to all. (+5000) Lightsoft is a name known to all. (+5000) Lightsoft is a name known to all. (+5000) Lightsoft is a name known to all. (+5000) Lightsoft is a name known to all. (+5000) Lightsoft is a name known to all. (+5000) Lightsoft is a name known to all. (+5000) Lightsoft is a name known to all. (+5000) Lightsoft is a name known to all. (+5000) Lightsoft is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I do not think you will make it. 1500 calories for a man of your size(even though mostly fat) will not hold off hunger and add in your cardio... I say bump to 2k and accurately measure. No guessing
    I keep pushing because I think I'm untouchable. But I'll learn the hard way because I'm only a popcorn fart away from a 30 day ban.

blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Consistency and tracking are really important to long term success.

Your calories sound pretty low, how much of a deficit does that put you in?

Hey guys, it's been awhile, I forgot I posted this, I'm not a huge blogger. Well, it's been nothing but good for me. I stuck to what I was doing. I'm currently 233 pounds, 17.2 percent body fat and going strong. My updated goal is 220 and under 15% BF.... if anyone want more info about what I do please message me. I am not selling anything or pushing any weird supps. I just work hard and will do what I can for anyone taking on a mountain of extra weight. I know how bad I felt at 390 and I know how much I felt like I'd never get there. 9 months later I'm approaching the switch from weight loss to muscle gain and I've never felt better mentally or physically. Thanks everyone for your replies and tips. How's the weight loss going for those of you who were in the same boat??

Originally Posted by JB05 View Post
    Nice work so far! I started at about 368, so very similar stats. I'm also in 2/3x and 46" pants (for now...)

I think the biggest thing is going to be logging your calories. I would use MyFitnessPal or FitDay or something similar to keep track of how many calories you're taking in. A food scale would also be a wise investment. You don't have to go crazy and weigh everything, but it's pretty handy for some things. There are 110 calories in 4 oz of chicken, but let's be honest, nobody can tell how many ounces of chicken they're actually cooking without a scale.

As far as the workouts, you're doing a lot IMO. Personally I'm only walking for 33 minutes every morning, and sometimes go for a longer hike on the weekends. It's more about health (getting my blood pressure down) and consistency (habit-forming) for me. I guess my advice is keep it sustainable. It does you no good to go super hardcore for 3 days, then get too sore and injured and never do it again. Do what you can stand to do (almost) every day. Consistency is key.
    Last edited by jaykhjr; 04-10-2016 at 08:56 AM. Reason: errors

waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wow 390 to 233

That is awesome.

Got any pics you can post for motivation for others?
    >>>>>Florida State Seminoles Tomahawk Nation Crew>>>>>
    >>>>>Lakers Fans Crew>>>>>
    >>>>>Tampa Bay Buccaneers Crew>>>>>

Originally Posted by waytoodeep03 View Post
    Wow 390 to 233

That is awesome.

Believe it or not, I didn't take a "Before" Pic. I didn't want to remember what I looked like lol.

Let me take a current picture and find one from around the time I started. Il let you know when I put them on my Profile!

buckeyenutz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) buckeyenutz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) buckeyenutz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) buckeyenutz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) buckeyenutz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) buckeyenutz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) buckeyenutz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) buckeyenutz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) buckeyenutz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) buckeyenutz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) buckeyenutz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Very inspiring. Keep up the awesome work!
    ʙ ᴜ ᴄ ᴋ ᴇ ʏ ᴇ ✭ ɴ ᴀ ᴛ ɪ ᴏ ɴ

B4SHY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B4SHY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B4SHY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B4SHY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B4SHY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B4SHY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B4SHY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B4SHY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B4SHY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B4SHY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B4SHY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Congrats dude.

As you get smaller it'll come off slower. My advice is to start taking measurements (tape, BF calipers etc) if your not already. then when you have a slow week/month and weight doesn't drop, check your measurements and they'll most likely have improved. Reinforces all the good work and helps you stay motivated if the weight doesn't shift for a week or two.

Originally Posted by waytoodeep03 View Post
    Wow 390 to 233

That is awesome.

Pics are up on my profile. Thanks again!

Originally Posted by B4SHY View Post
    Congrats dude.

As you get smaller it'll come off slower. My advice is to start taking measurements (tape, BF calipers etc) if your not already. then when you have a slow week/month and weight doesn't drop, check your measurements and they'll most likely have improved. Reinforces all the good work and helps you stay motivated if the weight doesn't shift for a week or two.
    Thanks B4SHY, I actually got a Skulpt Chisel last week, its a pretty cool piece of technology. and pretty accurate as far as I can tell.

cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    OMG! Just seen your progress pics, you look AMAZING!!! Great job, really inspiring!
    =================
    Total weight lost: 128 lbs
    =================

Starting weight: 378 lbs
    Current weight: 250 lbs

******* 4 years on keto so far - keto4life!!! ***************

my fat loss log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166528931

rleatfitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) rleatfitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) rleatfitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) rleatfitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) rleatfitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) rleatfitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) rleatfitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) rleatfitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) rleatfitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) rleatfitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) rleatfitness is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My advice would be when you do cardio make sure it's HIIT cardio and not steady state you will burn more fat by doing HIIT than you will with steady state. You seem to be doing the right things so stick at it!
    A Personal trainer based in bristol (UK)
    http://rleat-fitness.com/