janaka1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) janaka1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) janaka1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) janaka1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) janaka1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) janaka1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) janaka1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) janaka1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) janaka1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) janaka1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) janaka1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Just having fun - trying physique

I haven't been a lifter by definition for long, used to be a sprinter back in my teens and early 20's; now I'm 32 and need something to work towards again and a few local people egg'd me on to look into physique and what the hell might as well have some fun.

Only just started to cut a few days ago and started doing cardio for the first time in years, started at 186lb or so (my heaviest weight in almost 8 yrs), 6' and no idea on bf%.

Here's a pic from last night after a workout and dinner. I'll see if down the road my gf can get some better pictures, long way to go though I know.

I'll be entering a novice competition this Oct so just over 11 weeks from now. I should be able to get everything dialed in as they say I know I need a tan bad as well as posing practice as I'm a newbie but so far this is fun, can't wait to see the end result.

Cheers
    Attached Images

janaka1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) janaka1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) janaka1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) janaka1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) janaka1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) janaka1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) janaka1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) janaka1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) janaka1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) janaka1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) janaka1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    New picture - 11 days into diet and this was this morning - seeing some changes in abs and obliques. Still need some back pictures but overall feeling much better and no with-drawls.
    Can't complain about much, the girl friend likes it too
    Attached Images

From this past weekend. My first weigh in for my coach, dry weight first thing in the morning before breakfast on Saturday (9 weeks to comp) 172.6lbs.
    Here are some pictures from Sunday goofing around in the empty gym.
    Comments welcome
    Attached Images

Just a random pic from yesterday afternoon at home.
    This morning I weighed in at 170.0 dry.
    Attached Images

Gewicht is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gewicht is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gewicht is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gewicht is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gewicht is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gewicht is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gewicht is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gewicht is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gewicht is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gewicht is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gewicht is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Looking good, as long as your posing is on point I think you'll do really well.

HedgefundCEO will become famous soon enough. (+50) HedgefundCEO will become famous soon enough. (+50) HedgefundCEO will become famous soon enough. (+50) HedgefundCEO will become famous soon enough. (+50) HedgefundCEO will become famous soon enough. (+50) HedgefundCEO will become famous soon enough. (+50) HedgefundCEO will become famous soon enough. (+50) HedgefundCEO will become famous soon enough. (+50) HedgefundCEO will become famous soon enough. (+50) HedgefundCEO will become famous soon enough. (+50) HedgefundCEO will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Go for it

Thanks guys - I'm pretty jazzed with the prep so far and the transformation that I've made.
    I've never been stronger or as lean and it is pretty awesome. Best part so far is that I'm not a complete arsehole during the prep, I'm about even keel emotionally/mentally which is a huge bonus as I know my sister and her husband can go a little whacky when they prep (bikini and 212lb IBBF pro).
    Anyway having the abs/obliques is beyond my expectations already.

Going to come in shredded I think which is exactly what I wanted
    Attached Images

Peak week: Dry this morning and clearly not awake at 6am.

Competition is this Saturday. Never thought I'd be in this shape, thoroughly satisfied with myself and dedication to the plan. Only a few more days then I get to hit the stage (and see my mom!).
    Attached Images

orb85750 will become famous soon enough. (+50) orb85750 will become famous soon enough. (+50) orb85750 will become famous soon enough. (+50) orb85750 will become famous soon enough. (+50) orb85750 will become famous soon enough. (+50) orb85750 will become famous soon enough. (+50) orb85750 will become famous soon enough. (+50) orb85750 will become famous soon enough. (+50) orb85750 will become famous soon enough. (+50) orb85750 will become famous soon enough. (+50) orb85750 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by janaka1 View Post
    Peak week: Dry this morning and clearly not awake at 6am.

Competition is this Saturday. Never thought I'd be in this shape, thoroughly satisfied with myself and dedication to the plan. Only a few more days then I get to hit the stage (and see my mom!).
    Abs look great. Looks like you're ready.

Well it's all over but the crying as they say.
    What an experience.
    Huge thanks to my coach for the meal plan and workout routine and the guys who helped with posing. Here are a few attached pictures from Saturday.
    Conditioning can in on point as everyone says - ripped through the midsection and shoulders actually represented for me too. I believe I looked pretty full for 167lbs at 5'11"

First place Men's Novice Tall. Unreal.

Sorry for the cell phone pics, that's all I have right now.
    Attached Images

-GunShow- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -GunShow- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -GunShow- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -GunShow- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -GunShow- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -GunShow- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -GunShow- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -GunShow- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -GunShow- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -GunShow- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -GunShow- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Congrats! What's your age? Rear double bicep shot was on point.
    Reps for life to ABB'ers thread.

*** They mad I'm Asian 'n' not juicin' Crew ***

Originally Posted by -GunShow- View Post
    Congrats! What's your age? Rear double bicep shot was on point.

I just turned 33 this August - I think that makes me old, not really sure, lol.

The back double bi was epic. I'd been practicing it as my whole prep my back was shredded and everyone loved it locally. At the show I could tell I had the best back (of the MP guys) and when I broke that out the crowd just blew up it was an incredible feeling, my highlight of the show by far.

I'm now trying to recover cleanly and put some weight back on and will re-cut for a mid-December show and try one last show.

Thanks for the kind words.

-GunShow- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -GunShow- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -GunShow- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -GunShow- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -GunShow- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -GunShow- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -GunShow- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -GunShow- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -GunShow- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -GunShow- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -GunShow- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I just turned 33 this August - I think that makes me old, not really sure, lol.

The back double bi was epic. I'd been practicing it as my whole prep my back was shredded and everyone loved it locally. At the show I could tell I had the best back (of the MP guys) and when I broke that out the crowd just blew up it was an incredible feeling, my highlight of the show by far.

I'm now trying to recover cleanly and put some weight back on and will re-cut for a mid-December show and try one last show.

Thanks for the kind words.
    I'm there too, so I guess I'm old too.

Definitely well deserved, and the back double bi pic stood out to me a lot. Smart move with the not over indulging after the show. Good luck on the next one.
    Reps for life to ABB'ers thread.

*** They mad I'm Asian 'n' not juicin' Crew ***

Originally Posted by -GunShow- View Post
    I'm there too, so I guess I'm old too.

Definitely well deserved, and the back double bi pic stood out to me a lot. Smart move with the not over indulging after the show. Good luck on the next one.
    Thanks. Definitely eating more calories than I'm used to - up 12lbs - not fat but no where near as lean. Ton's of strength back at the gym, rebuilding feels great.
    December is still within reach if I choose to do another show, I'm going to consciously bulk for another week to 10 days then decide if I want to get shredded again and do the process for competition and hit it 10,000%.
    Not sure I'm swaying either direction at this point but happy I'm feeling healthy and happy.

Thumbs up

I also posted about a dozen photo's in my gallery for anyone interested to see some more.

AlphaProExpert has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlphaProExpert has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlphaProExpert has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlphaProExpert has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlphaProExpert has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlphaProExpert has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlphaProExpert has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlphaProExpert has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlphaProExpert has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlphaProExpert has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlphaProExpert has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Midsection and back are impressive. Do you have any professional pics from that show?
    Alpha Pro Nutrition spokesperson
    Greatness Expected™

Now available in the store! http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/alpha-pro-nutrition.htm

UPLOAD®, VEX®, INTRALOAD®, ALPHA CUTS®

www.alphapronutrition.com

☑*CountryMike Appreciation Crew*☑

Originally Posted by AlphaProExpert View Post
    Midsection and back are impressive. Do you have any professional pics from that show?
    I shrunk them down here's front, midsection and back specifically
    Attached Images

AlphaProExpert has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlphaProExpert has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlphaProExpert has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlphaProExpert has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlphaProExpert has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlphaProExpert has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlphaProExpert has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlphaProExpert has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlphaProExpert has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlphaProExpert has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlphaProExpert has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I shrunk them down here's front, midsection and back specifically
    Looking shredded janaka1.

If i may give you one word of advice, as a seasoned competition expert... presentation is immensely important onstage as is the overall confidence you portray without stepping into arrogance and cockyness. Your facial expressions look painful and contorted. Try practicing a confident smile or even a stoic strait forward relaxed look. Looks like it hurts you to flex and even though it does and is a lot of hard work you need to make it look fun and enjoyable.

The judges, the crowd and people looking at your shots will pick up on this immediately. Have fun with it! You worked hard to get where you are and the stage is your playground to show off your achievements!
    Greatness Expected™

Now available in the store! http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/alpha-pro-nutrition.htm

Zotar69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zotar69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zotar69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zotar69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zotar69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zotar69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zotar69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zotar69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zotar69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zotar69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zotar69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Haha looking very good man. It's all about having fun but also creating a healthy body!

Keep going!
    Greatness Expected™

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I rebounded pretty hard from this show with weight but got some self control after 2-3 weeks and got back to better eating and am now 3.5weeks out from my next show (6 week prep total, show Dec 12th).

I feel right on track and my coach agrees, I look a few pounds heavier since this show in Early October and feel wider across the chest/back, as of two weeks ago I was 10lbs heavier than show weight on Oct 3rd and pretty lean. We are amping up the cardio for the first time and it's showing dividends in the mornings as I'm waking up leaner and leaner through the midsection. I anticipate to be 2-3lbs heavier and equally as tight, if not more so due to the cardio increase (last prep I maxed at 30min 5days a week, now I'm 40-50min).

Should be more fun this time knowing what to expect and having the knowledge of how I carb loaded and did my water - also doing a professional shoot the next day with my GF who's in the competition (bikini 5'6" class). That's going to be amazing and worth the work let alone the show itself. I can't wait for us to rock it.