callmestar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) callmestar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) callmestar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) callmestar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) callmestar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) callmestar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) callmestar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) callmestar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) callmestar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) callmestar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) callmestar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Face has lost weight, chest and stomach has gained fat?

Hi guys,

So I was starting a cut about 5 months ago, I lost a little weight but then the plan went out the window as I have anxiety and depression and I had I had a full on nervous breakdown. Anyway this resulted in losing about 2 stone unintentionally over about 3 months, I went to docs just to check there was nothing physically/medically going on. They did standard blood tests which all came back normal so my weight loss cause was unknown but is likely down to stress.

Anyway the point is during this weight loss my face went completely gaunt to the point of looking very ill and it has remained this way. I lost weight from my body as well but wasnt as noticable as my face. Now I have started to put weight back on and my chest seems to be rapidly gaining in fat and also my stomach to a lesser extent while my face remains completely skinny and gaunt. I am growing bitch tits it seems and getting a belly while the rest of my body remains skinny.

I know fat goes on and comes off where it wants but is seems a bit extreme to only be gaining fat in those areas and at a fast rate. Has anyone experieced this? I am thinking maybe my hormones could be off possibly due to the stress? My doc will not check hormones at my age, im 26. So im debating paying for a hormone test but just thought I would see what you guys think first. I have also noticed some mild hair loss which makes me think hormones but again it could just be from the stress.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

callmestar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) callmestar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) callmestar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) callmestar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) callmestar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) callmestar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) callmestar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) callmestar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) callmestar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) callmestar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) callmestar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Anyone think this is likely to be a hormone issue, maybe to much estrogen or progesterone? A drop in testosterone? Or just normal random fat gain/distribution?

I know its not a doctors forum but wondered if anyone had a similar experience or any knowledge on the issue as im wondering if its even worth me paying a few hundred for hormone tests when I haven't really got the money to spare.

MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    The easy solution to your problem is to lose weight that way where you gain weight to quickly isn't an issue.

Originally Posted by MrM27 View Post
    The easy solution to your problem is to lose weight that way where you gain weight to quickly isn't an issue.
    Thanks for your reply. Sorry, I probably didn't make it clear, I don't actually want to lose weight, I need to gain weight. I am trying to gain weight after losing a lot of weight from stress or some other unknown cause, do not pay attention to my weight stats on here, I do not update those. I was verging on underweight after losing just over 2 stone from my nervous break down and the point I was making is since trying to put some weight back on, any weight I have gained (which is very little according to the scales) has gone to my chest and abs. While the rest of my body, arms, legs, neck, face are extremely skinny, especially my face which looks ill.

I am eating well and a reasonably clean diet and weight training but I only seem to be putting of fat on the front of my body, nothing else is changing.

Anyone? Last try lol

Bump. Hoping someone might have some idea? Before I go waste money on the hormone tests.

Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by callmestar View Post
    Bump. Hoping someone might have some idea? Before I go waste money on the hormone tests.
    Fat loss and gain goes to pretty much random places dictated by a gazillion factors. For instance for me my face and upper body stays pretty damn lean all the time while fat mostly goes to mid section and lower body.
    My story going from obese to fit while battling daily chronic headaches:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155566013&p=1104734533#post1104734533

Summer shred 2015. -final updated posted Sept. 19.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167135911

Originally Posted by Znik View Post
    Fat loss and gain goes to pretty much random places dictated by a gazillion factors. For instance for me my face and upper body stays pretty damn lean all the time while fat mostly goes to mid section and lower body.
    I agree with that, its just the level of fat increase specifically on the chest and stomach seems very extreme, especially when I have not gained weight according to the scales. Even if i have put on weight before it has never gone on like this and having a flabby chest while the rest of my body is underweight looks extremely odd. My face looks like I weigh 7 stone.

Its like do I bulk and hope things even out but risk me just gaining even more fat only in those areas or do I cut to try and reduce this fat but risk my face becoming even more gaunt.

sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Znik View Post
    Same here for me.
    Lower abs, lower back and love handles.

Most other places don't put on a lot with me.....my face plumps a bit....but that's about it.
    I do IF (LeanGains protocol) since Aug 2013
    Been Lifting religiously since Feb. 1995
    I eat what I want, to the number of calories I need based on my current goals.

carolinahbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) carolinahbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) carolinahbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) carolinahbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) carolinahbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) carolinahbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) carolinahbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) carolinahbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) carolinahbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) carolinahbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) carolinahbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I agree with that, its just the level of fat increase specifically on the chest and stomach seems very extreme, especially when I have not gained weight according to the scales. Even if i have put on weight before it has never gone on like this and having a flabby chest while the rest of my body is underweight looks extremely odd. My face looks like I weigh 7 stone.

Its like do I bulk and hope things even out but risk me just gaining even more fat only in those areas or do I cut to try and reduce this fat but risk my face becoming even more gaunt.
    Pics please. Maybe it's in your head.

Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

When bulking you are going to put on fat, who cares where it goes, you will get rid of it again anyway once you start cutting.
    But if you are gaining massive amounts of fat then your surplus is waay to big.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155566013&p=1104734533#post1104734533

Hi all,

Just bumping up this old thread rather than starting a new one. I had some weight loss of around 27lbs over a 3 month period about 6 months ago due to stress. Anyway, forward about 6 months I am putting weight back on and have gained about 20lbs back. Thats all good and my body has gained weight but my problem is my face is still completely gaunt! Literally all the weight gain has gone on to my body, some muscle and some fat on the chest and abs but the face has gained no weight at all. So my body is of average size and weight where as my face looks like that of someone significantly underweight.

Has anyone experienced anything like this after weight loss and then weight gain? Did it even out in the end, did the face catch up and gain weight? Im just a little concerned as its months down the line with no sign of any weight being put back on my face.

Face always gaunt even when fat crew checking in.