Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Dnuu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Today was full body.

Squat
    3x6 at 210 lbs
    1x3 at 225 lbs

Box Squat
    2x6 at 225 lbs
    (no 5lb plates free)

Leg Press
    1x10 at 135 lbs
    1x10 at 225 lbs
    1x10 at 315 lbs
    1x10 at 405 lbs

Bench Press
    3x6 at 135 lbs
    1x3 at 155 lbs

Cable Curls + Cable Tricep Extension
    3x12 at 50 lbs
    4x12 down the rack

Ab Circuit
    5x10 Sit Ups
    5x10 Hanging Leg Raises

Pretty much combined my leg day and bench day, dropped back accessories, and put only one-two accessories for upper and lower. Gonna do this every two to three days depending on what I do at the track. I'm still down to linearly progress, but the goal is to maintain these numbers until the end of the indoor season. I still feel I will be able to progress slowly though, as these weights fly right now.

I'm also slowly losing weight right now, not because I want to but because with school, I don't really have time to eat a good amount of food. Maybe this is a good thing. As long as I don't lose a large amount of weight in a short amount of time, I'm OK.
    "Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen." - Michael Jordan

>>High School Sprint Log
    >http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168170813

Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Dnuu View Post
    I see where you're coming from, but I see these two remaining months I have as time to perfect my form and technique to be the best I can be in the beginning of the season. I have to value the track time I have to myself, as I don't see my coach's training as beneficial. Snow also comes near the beginning of the season, and we don't have the benefit of an indoor track.

In other words, I feel focusing on track work itself in the remaining two months I have will be better for my performance in the season than focusing on the weights.

I might be wrong and you might be right, but that's just how I feel to dedicate the training time right now.
    Form and technique are great and all, they are important in the grand scheme. But athletes like us (who aren't talented in terms of elastic/springy tendons) often need to spend years developing a solid level of strength and power to really improve. I think it would benefit you more to improve your rate of force production than to improve your technique. My friend (who is also somewhat of a coach for me) has run a 10.68 with form that most would consider 'bad'. Simply because he is ridiculously powerful.

You are young, and you have a long time to work on your athleticism before you get anywhere near your prime. Whatever you chose to do won't make too much difference a few months from now. But I do think time spent on improving power output will give you a better return in a couple of years than perfecting your technique. Just something to think about.

Originally Posted by Mr.Serpent View Post
    Form and technique are great and all, they are important in the grand scheme. But athletes like us (who aren't talented in terms of elastic/springy tendons) often need to spend years developing a solid level of strength and power to really improve. I think it would benefit you more to improve your rate of force production than to improve your technique. My friend (who is also somewhat of a coach for me) has run a 10.68 with form that most would consider 'bad'. Simply because he is ridiculously powerful.

You are young, and you have a long time to work on your athleticism before you get anywhere near your prime. Whatever you chose to do won't make too much difference a few months from now. But I do think time spent on improving power output will give you a better return in a couple of years than perfecting your technique. Just something to think about.
    Of course, I believe higher numbers in the weight room lead to lower times on the track. I'm still very well focused in improving in the weight room, but track work will be the priority above it. I still plan to improve my weight room numbers, it'll just come slower now.
    "Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen." - Michael Jordan

>>High School Sprint Log

Full body, I decided the first half and my partner sadly decided the second.

Squat
    3x6 at 210 lbs
    1x3 at 225 lbs

Box Squat
    2x6 at 235 lbs

Leg Press
    1x10 at 315 lbs
    1x10 at 315 lbs
    1x10 at 315 lbs

Smith Machine Bench Press
    3x10 at 135 lbs

Machine Curls
    3x30 at 50 lbs (10 quarter 10 half 10 full)

Hanging Leg Raises
    5x10

I let my partner choose the upper body half because I could care less about my upper body as long as I'm working on it, even though we're working on the pussy machine. Def gonna go back to my upper scheme though, as this was a one time thing. Might play pick-up basketball tomorrow, then track the day after.

>>High School Sprint Log

Today was track work.

10x30m

Nothing hard just some all out starts. Also went to try to touch goal post, which was around 10 ft. Fell short, but I was about a hand length away from touching it. Maybe I can dunk one day. Also..... hot as balls.

>>High School Sprint Log

Track work!

10x50m

It would have been a gym day today but I wanted to go see some games going on at school today so I just did track work so I wouldn't have to walk as far.

>>High School Sprint Log

Weight room.

Squat
    3x6 at 210 lbs
    1x3 at 225 lbs

Box Squat
    2x6 at 245 lbs

Leg Press
    3x10 at 315 lbs

Bench Press
    3x6 at 135 lbs
    1x3 at 155 lbs
    1x1 at 165 lbs

Cable Curls + Cable Tricep Extension
    3x12 at 50 lbs
    4x12 down the rack

Ab Circuit
    5x10 Decline Sit Ups
    5x10 Hanging Leg Raises

Went up in box squat, did easy single on bench for 165, replaced regular sit up for decline in ab circuit. Squats are starting to get easier so I'll probably increase it in 2-3 workouts.

>>High School Sprint Log

Lifting today.

Squat
    3x4 at 215 lbs
    1x3 at 235 lbs

Box Squat
    2x6 at 245 lbs

Leg Press
    3x10 at 315 lbs

Bench Press
    3x6 at 135 lbs
    1x1 at 155 lbs
    1x1 at 165 lbs
    1x1 at 170 lbs

Dumbbell Curls
    3x12 at 20 lbs

Ab Circuit
    5x10 Sit Ups
    5x10 Hanging Leg Raises

Went up in weight but lower in volume for squat aside from the triple and box squats. The rest stayed the same but I decided to dumbbell curls instead today and opted for no tricep work since I hit a PR of 170 today on bench press. I weighed in at 137 today, so I'll take 33 pounds over body weight for a single any day.

Squats felt good today also, it flew for the four reps. Track tomorrow, and rest the day after that.

>>High School Sprint Log

Ran in cargos shorts cause I forgot my running shorts.

8x50m

Form felt pretty good today compared to the previous days.

>>High School Sprint Log

Today I come back from injury

Bench
    4x6 135lbs

Squat (high bar beltless)
    4x6 185lbs

For the past few days I was dealing with a left foot pain, specifically on the top of the midfoot near the bone. Thought it was broken at the occurrence of the injury but luckily it wasn't. It was caused by dunking with my friend (8 ft hoop tho). He had a mean block but I held onto the ball and landed on my ankle. Luckily I didn't break my ankle because I am flexible, but that's when the foot pain happened. I am now recovered from it, though I still feel it a little bit. My left knee hurts from compensating all this time, but otherwise the weight flew. Gonna start light with my weights beltless and high bar and work into a belt again to my past numbers.

>>High School Sprint Log

Minimal full body.

Squat
    3x6 at 185 lbs (beltless highbar)
    1x3 at 225 lbs (beltless lowbar)

Bench
    3x6 at 135 lbs
    1x3 at 155 lbs

Sit Up/Leg Raise Circuit
    3x10

Left knee is annoyed but it's not hurting. Felt like a rocket with squats, and bench went up. Didn't really get set back that much from the injury rest. I actually feel quite refreshed. Still gonna work my accessories back in though.

>>High School Sprint Log

Yesterday I added some stuff back in.

Squat
    3x6 190 lbs (beltless highbar)
    1x3 225 lbs (beltless lowbar)

Bench
    3x6 at 135 lbs
    1x3 at 155 lbs

Leg Press
    3x10 at 315 lbs

Pull-ups
    3x6

Sit Up/Leg Raise Circuit
    5x10

Probably gonna add the rest back in tomorrow. I still feel a slight pain in my left foot, but it's very slight. Gonna keep it easy on movement, so no track until it's completely gone. However, weights do not hurt it at all.

>>High School Sprint Log

Today I had a bench off, I won.

Bench Press
    1x5 at 45 lbs
    1x5 at 95 lbs
    1x3 at 115 lbs
    1x3 at 135 lbs
    1x3 at 155 lbs
    1x2 at 165 lbs
    1x1 at 175 lbs (won here)
    1x1 at 180 lbs
    1x0 at 185 lbs (failed)

Squat
    3x6 at 195 lbs (beltless highbar)
    1x3 at 225 lbs (beltless highbar)

Flat and Dip Station Leg Raise Circuit
    5x10

Some of my school friends challenged me to a bench off because they always see me doing legs and never bench. This is true because I usually do legs first, but I decided to do it for fun, and honestly thought they would beat me. They weighed like 20-30 lbs more than me as well, but in their defense, they just bro it out everyday. They don't really have a real routine. Enough bragging about the win though, because I'm surprised I was able to bench 180 lbs today weighing 135 lbs currently today and was starved as well. Not gonna max it out in a while though, because legs is my main focus as I prepare for the indoor season. I forgot when it starts, but it's somewhere near the middle of November.

My current game plan has changed again due to an unfortunate series of events. Track closed for everybody now until football and soccer is done with their games and such. Now I have to focus on weights, because I can't go to my backup field since school is in session, and it would be questionable if a shirtless dude was running around elementary school children. I guess I have to focus on weights again. Hello Jonnie Candito again! Time for your six week program! It worked really well the first time around, and I hope to have the same success again. Gonna do everything beltless and highbar.

>>High School Sprint Log

Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Your season starts in november? Damn. That seems early, I'm still learning a lot about athletics. I'm training to peak in January.

You can't sprint at all? That's awkward.

Originally Posted by Mr.Serpent View Post
    Your season starts in november? Damn. That seems early, I'm still learning a lot about athletics. I'm training to peak in January.

You can't sprint at all? That's awkward.
    Indoor season starts in mid November and my first meet should be around mid December. The track is closed because it would be a safety hazard to use the track while the soccer or football teams practice, which I understand. Can't sprint at my backup field cause elementary school using the field for after school program, also understandable. The only way I would be able to sprint would be to go to the track at evening, which if it were the summer, I would, but I have the student part of student athlete to manage too. When the season starts, the track should be open for use, though by then there might be some snow. In that time, regardless if I run in or out, it should be enough to get me back in stride.

>>High School Sprint Log

Had to shorten up the day so I could do my homework, which I am still doing four hours later.

Squat
    4x6 at 195 lbs

Romanian Deadlift
    3x8 at 135 lbs

I had to slow down on the ascent of my squat, not because it was hard but because I felt slight pain in the lower back. Once I focused on rising with the hips first, it went away. Abs were pretty sore so that was probably why I felt some lower back pain. I had to cut out box squat and leg press for time sake, but it should not be any issue. It's relatively light weight this phase anyways.

>>High School Sprint Log

Upper.

Bench
    1x6 at 45 lbs
    1x10 at 95 lbs
    1x10 at 120 lbs
    1x8 at 130 lbs
    1x6 at 135 lbs

Dumbbell Row
    2x10 at 45 lbs
    1x8 at 50 lbs
    1x6 at 55 lbs

Lat Raises
    2x12 at 10 lbs
    1x10 at 15 lbs
    1x8 at 20 lbs

Lat Pulldown
    2x12 at 75 lbs
    1x10 at 90 lbs
    1x8 at 105 lbs

Feels weird doing just upper body but no big.

>>High School Sprint Log

Second upper.

Bench
    1x6 at 45 lbs
    1x10 at 95 lbs
    1x10 at 120 lbs
    1x8 at 130 lbs
    1x6 at 135 lbs

Dumbbell Row
    2x10 at 45 lbs
    1x8 at 50 lbs
    1x6 at 55 lbs

Lat Raises
    2x12 at 10 lbs
    1x10 at 15 lbs
    1x8 at 20 lbs

Lat Pulldown
    2x12 at 75 lbs
    1x10 at 90 lbs
    1x8 at 105 lbs

Bicep Curls
    3x8 at 25 lbs

Felt good had extra time so I did curls, tomorrow is squat.

>>High School Sprint Log

Lower

Squat
    4x8 at 170 lbs

Box Squat
    2x8 at 180 lbs

Romanian Deadlift
    3x8 at 135 lbs

Leg Press
    3x8 at 315 lbs

Good **** today didn't feel any lower back pain from high bar. Tomorrow is a bench day with an AMRAP set. Next phase looks juicy, there's a lot of volume, especially on squat.

>>High School Sprint Log

Bench
    1x6 at 45 lbs
    1x6 at 95 lbs
    1x12 at 140 lbs (AMRAP)
    1x3 at 155 lbs

Dumbbell Row
    2x10 at 45 lbs
    1x8 at 50 lbs
    1x6 at 55 lbs

Lat Raises
    2x12 at 10 lbs
    1x10 at 15 lbs
    1x8 at 20 lbs

Lat Pulldown
    2x12 at 75 lbs
    1x10 at 90 lbs
    1x8 at 105 lbs

Last day of the phase, and it felt good. Goal was 10 on the AMRAP and got 12, so that's good. All accessories are feeling easy, so I'll bump them up by 5 lbs starting with the next phase, starting on Thursday with some squats.

>>High School Sprint Log

First day of phase two.

Squat
    1x6 at 45 lbs
    1x6 at 145 lbs
    1x3 at 185 lbs
    1x10 at 190 lbs (AMRAP but not over 10)
    5x3 at 195 lbs

Box Squat
    3x8 at 205 lbs

Romanian Deadlift
    3x8 at 140 lbs

Leg Press
    3x8 at 325 lbs

Squat felt nice and I went up in all accessories. Upper body tomorrow.

>>High School Sprint Log

Bench
    1x6 at 45 lbs
    1x6 at 95 lbs
    1x10 at 125 lbs
    1x8 at 135 lbs
    1x8 at 145 lbs

Dumbbell Row
    2x10 at 50 lbs
    1x8 at 55 lbs

Lat Raises
    1x12 at 10 lbs
    1x10 at 15 lbs
    1x8 at 20 lbs

Lat Pulldown
    1x12 at 90 lbs
    1x10 at 110 lbs
    1x8 at 125 lbs

Machine Curls
    3x8 at 50 lbs

Got the weight wrong on lat pulldown, thought it felt a tad heavy today.... lol. On Sunday is legs again.

>>High School Sprint Log

Knees are not weak, arms are not heavy, just a lot of squats, legs are jelly.

Front Squat
    1x6 at 45 lbs
    1x6 at 135 lbs

Squat
    1x6 at 185 lbs
    1x10 at 195 lbs (AMRAP but not over 10)
    3x10 at 185 lbs (speedy)

Box Squat
    3x8 at 205 lbs

Snatch
    3xa **** ton at 45 lbs

Romanian Deadlift
    3x8 at 140 lbs

Leg Press
    3x8 at 315 lbs

Did some snatches because I had to wait for the leg press that worked the hammies more. The dude never got up from it so I went to do the quad dominant one. When I left he was still there half repping four plates.... Oly lifting is definitely something I want to do once I build up my strength. Maybe I'll find a way to build it in next off season, or even focus on it entirely.

>>High School Sprint Log

Bench.

Bench
    1x6 at 45 lbs
    1x6 at 95 lbs
    1x10 at 125 lbs
    1x8 at 135 lbs
    1x8 at 145 lbs

Dumbbell Row
    2x10 at 50 lbs
    1x8 at 55 lbs

Lat Raises
    1x12 at 10 lbs
    1x10 at 15 lbs
    1x8 at 20 lbs

Lat Pulldown
    1x12 at 80 lbs
    1x10 at 95 lbs
    1x8 at 110 lbs

Machine Curls
    3x8 at 50 lbs

>>High School Sprint Log

Last day of the phase.

Bench
    1x30 at 45 lbs
    1x6 at 95 lbs
    1x15 at 135 lbs (AMRAP)

Dumbbell Row
    3x8 at 55 lbs

Lat Raises
    1x12 at 10 lbs
    1x10 at 15 lbs
    1x8 at 20 lbs

Couldn't do lat pulldown due to time constraints but happy with the bench. However it looks like I'm gonna **** myself next week if I eat before squat. Gonna squat up to 215 for a set of 6 next week.

>>High School Sprint Log

First day of phase 3.

Front Squat
    1x6 at 45 lbs
    1x6 at 135 lbs

Squat
    1x3 at 185 lbs
    3x6 at 210 lbs

Box Squat
    3x6 at 225 lbs

Machine Ab Crunch
    3x12 at 95 lbs

Thought it was gonna be tough today but it actually went well. Squat went up as fast as 185 last squat workout, which is fast. Next squat workout is really short, but ups the weight by 5 lbs. There's only three more days in this phase, so it's a lot of rest.

>>High School Sprint Log

Yesterday was heavy bench

Bench
    1x6 at 45 lbs
    1x6 at 95 lbs
    1x3 at 135 lbs
    1x6 at 150 lbs

Dumbbell Row
    3x6 at 55 lbs

Lat Raises
    3x6 at 20 lbs

Lat Pulldown
    3x6 at 110 lbs

Easy lifts that were fast but it had to be rushed that day cause of time stuff. Legs tomorrow.

>>High School Sprint Log

Mixed squat day with bench from tomorrow so I could use my time better today.

Squat
    1x6 at 215 lbs

Box Squat
    1x8 at 225 lbs

Bench
    3x6 at 155 lbs

Lower back felt a bit tight today so I had to slow down ascending to exaggerate my hips to not snap my stuff up. Gonna do the accessories for bench tomorrow as one separate day.

>>High School Sprint Log

Yesterday's squat

Squat
    1x3 at 210 lbs
    1x3 at 215 lbs
    1x3 at 220 lbs

Box Squat
    3x3 at 235

Today's Bench

Bench
    1x3 at 150 lbs
    1x3 at 155 lbs
    1x3 at 160 lbs

Dumbbell Row
    3x6 at 60 lbs

Had to shorten both workouts due to time constraints, but regardless, all weight flew.

>>High School Sprint Log

Last squat of the phase.

Squat
    1x3 at 220 lbs
    1x2 at 230 lbs

Box Squat
    1x3 at 235 lbs
    1x2 at 240 lbs

Leg Press
    3x6 at 365 lbs

Romanian Deadlift
    3x6 at 185 lbs

Machine Ab Crunch
    3x10 at 100 lbs

Finally got a full leg day in. Everything felt good and I'm confident I'll be able to get all 4 reps at 235 lbs for squat. The program ends November 2nd, so next Monday. I'm not sure when my school starts indoor track pre-season training, but I'll have around 3-5 weeks left once I finish the program. Probably just going to do a 4 week program of squat, which will probably be a linear program.

>>High School Sprint Log