Page 200 of 324 FirstFirst ... 100 150 190 198 199 200 201 202 210 250 300 ... LastLast
Results 5,971 to 6,000 of 9707
    GM54 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GM54 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GM54 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GM54 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GM54 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GM54 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GM54 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GM54 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GM54 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GM54 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GM54 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TugOfPeace View Post
    I find it odd that you compare a car to a watch. I believe it doesn't make sense to buy a watch for $10k even if you did have $100,000 saved up. The whole idea of luxury items is what is contributing to the typical consumer's downfall.

It's like this: I make $115k/year in a low cost of living area. I could certainly afford the payments on a Porsche, but that doesn't mean I can afford the car. When you buy a luxury good like a Porsche, it communicates that you are able to afford other luxuries that are associated with the lifestyle associated with owning a Porsche. If I did have a Porsche, it would look unusual if I had a cheap watch, cheap shoes, chea

Wall of text.
    Your own personal judgement of people's appearances means nothing.

I have friends who spend thousands on season tickets to football/hockey/baseball.

I have friends who dump thousands into their charger, subaru, bmw, whatever.

Also have friends who have a $4000 gaming computer with tons of games that cost 60 bucks each.

People spend money on what makes them happy. Some people appreciate a nice watch on their wrist. maybe a fashion statement, maybe they are trying to prop up their status, but just because a guy has a rolex and doesnt drive a porsche doesnt mean he is trying to fool anyone lol

In my opinion, a $10k watch shouldn't be bought unless you have $150-250k+ in liquidity/net worth. Which means I won't be buying a watch like that until I'm 35+ (I'm 31 now). To me, it's all about playing the long game of life. Don't flaunt wealth ever, and if you must, only do it if it's actually true. But, that's just me.
    You do realize your net worth can be 500k and you have $10 cash to spend right?
    Last edited by GM54; 02-15-2020 at 07:29 AM.
    <HTC>

twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by W1LLW View Post
    Gotta love the misc. The one man ITT with non-real estate debt talking about opportunity cost and financial illiteracy of others.

I would stop being salty at other people's watches and get to chasing after those interest payments boyo.
    Huehuehuehuehue
    MFC
    Misc Cologne Crew | **BBC** | Aventus Friday Crew

RIP YGST

Trudope is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Trudope is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Trudope is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Trudope is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Trudope is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Trudope is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Trudope is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Trudope is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Trudope is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Trudope is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Trudope is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I find it odd that you compare a car to a watch. I believe it doesn't make sense to buy a watch for $10k even if you did have $100,000 saved up. The whole idea of luxury items is what is contributing to the typical consumer's downfall.

It's like this: I make $115k/year in a low cost of living area. I could certainly afford the payments on a Porsche, but that doesn't mean I can afford the car. When you buy a luxury good like a Porsche, it communicates that you are able to afford other luxuries that are associated with the lifestyle associated with owning a Porsche. If I did have a Porsche, it would look unusual if I had a cheap watch, cheap shoes, cheap house, went on inexpensive vacations, etc, while having the Porsche.

Same thing as having an expensive watch. You can certainly buy a $10k watch with $100k saved up or if you are making a good salary, but if you live an otherwise non luxurious lifestyle (your shoes/house/spending/vacations/car) that does not match what is associated with wearing such a watch, what's the point? You're just lying to yourself and to other people.

It's the reason that despite making $115k/year (which is nothing amazing these days), I still don't have a luxury watch. It is borderline dishonest to the outside world. I still have some debts to take care of and my financial situation isn't so great that I can buy a watch like that and not lose sleep over it.
    imagine being this fcking insecure you won't buy something because you're worried of what other people think.

also news flash, 99.9% of the people won't know what watch your wearing, or how much it costs unless you're wearing a sold gold rolex, richard mille, or something of the like

W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Page 201. Bookmarking to return for the lulz.
    DCA'ing FXS since Sept2022
    Kobe Forever
    Black Crew
    Bucks N 6

BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    None of those things you have listed are associated with a wealthy lifestyle.

I would not look at any of your friends who spend thousands on sports tickets, modding their cars, or building high end computers as people who are trying to embody a certain lifestyle.

You keep mentioning lifestyle, as if the only reason people buy an expensive watch is to impress people. As Trudope said above, nobody pays attention to your watch except for other people who are into watches. This is a hobby for us. I probably read about watches every single day. Two nights ago somebody noticed my watch and then showed me his Invicta (cheap watch). He told me all about it and how he knows it's cheap etc., but he was still proud of it because he was just into watches. So we talked about watches for a while. I'd rather talk watches with that guy then talk to some expert about some chit I don't care about.
    Be the dog Iceman thinks he has
    Seinfeld crew
    Costco crew
    Golf crew
    Watch crew
    MAGA

MrJensenn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrJensenn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrJensenn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrJensenn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrJensenn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrJensenn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrJensenn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrJensenn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrJensenn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrJensenn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrJensenn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's funny that it's possible to be so focused on how you are outwardly perceived.

You started talking about fallacies that people fall into, but you certainly have bought into the fallacy that if you have a nice house you have to have a nice patio, nice branded dishes, silverware, liquids, vacuum cleaner, expensive car to match the house, expensive clothes to match the house, the car, the silverware ... and so on. To me that sounds like the highway to insane spending and an unhealthy personal economy, and the opposite of a "wealthy lifestyle". Maybe read "The Millionaire Next Door" and the next time you see a dude wearing some beat up Levi's with a normal black t-shirt and a Certina on his wrist he could be worth millions.

Evad3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Evad3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Evad3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Evad3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Evad3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Evad3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Evad3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Evad3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Evad3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Evad3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Evad3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I think it's something you simply can't understand unless you love wristwatches and/or actually own an expensive watch. Most people I know who own expensive wristwatches don't buy them for anyone else but themselves and it's simply because it gives them pleasure. Perhaps it's because you haven't owned one yourself yet but i think you are really overestimating how much a wristwatch gets noticed.

I've worn Rolex sports watches from the age of 20 to 27 (almost 28) and I can count on both hands the amount of times a stranger (outside a watch shop) has commented on what I'm wearing; and if they do comment they understand themselves. I wouldn't hesitate wearing any watch, as long as I like it that's all that matters.

I don't see an expensive car and an expensive watch as the same thing at all. Sure there's opportunity cost in tying up capital in a watch but there's very few things in life you can use every day of your life, get enjoyment out of and potentially have it retain most of it's value (give or take factoring in inflation).

My $0.02 but we're all from different parts of the world and backgrounds
    CEO/10K a day - Pending

W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Meditates twice daily and has started, stopped and failed at making several potato points. Dude legitimately might have aspergers, and jusdging by his avI, he’s the 150lber he was referring to above. Just retardation and fail all around
    Kobe Forever
    Black Crew
    Bucks N 6

twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Can also add that people dont really notice the watch either. Had my rolex since November, and 2 people have commented on it unprovoked. But they were also coworkers who i was out with and in close proximity. They were also watch people. So no one notices. Or well....no one mentions it.
    MFC

RIP YGST

EnforcerOTF has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EnforcerOTF has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EnforcerOTF has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EnforcerOTF has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EnforcerOTF has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EnforcerOTF has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EnforcerOTF has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EnforcerOTF has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EnforcerOTF has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EnforcerOTF has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EnforcerOTF has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    i didnt read many of the responses, but people like certain things. so yes, it's ok to buy a porsche if u live in a dump and wear sh*t clothes because you like driving your porsche and you're in it more than you're at home.
    i know a guy who drives around in a hyundai elantra and wears a $200,000 Patek, $500,000 RM, and so on and lives in a modest home.

not everything is always supposed to match. its not always "rolex" and "porsche" I have $50k watches and $100k cars, but sometimes I wear a Citizen Bullhead and drive a $5k car, I don't perceive myself in any different light as the former or the latter.

in any case:

buy what you have passion for, not for what others tell you to buy

Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Coal Man has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My view just has to do with congruence. I would never wear a Rolex on a date (in the initial stages) if I was taking the girl to olive garden, for example..
    That's gonna be a yikes for me dawg. You seem to be really caught up on the image other people think of you.

I don't have a luxury watch, I enjoy them and hearing passionate people talk about them but I'm not crazy enough about the hobby. I'm the owner of a successful company and own a couple malls that I rent out to small businesses. I'm worth a fairly high amount but I personally couldn't care that much for most material things....besides a couple nice cars but I never use them for dates or impressing people, it's just a me thing. I had a girl I dated for months and all she saw was my cheap Nissan truck. Lol. For dates I'd dress okay enough but most of the time people see me, I'm in gym clothes. I'm in work right now wearing tracks, a T and nothing on my wrists.

That whole idea about everything having to look or appear a certain way sounds elitist as fuk and imo is only something I'd expect from an insecure person.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ...............................R.I.P.................................
    .............Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian.........
    .................₪₪₪₪₪₪1989-2011₪₪₪₪₪₪.............
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by GM54 View Post
    Your own personal judgement of people's appearances means nothing.

I have friends who spend thousands on season tickets to football/hockey/baseball.

I have friends who dump thousands into their charger, subaru, bmw, whatever.

Also have friends who have a $4000 gaming computer with tons of games that cost 60 bucks each.

People spend money on what makes them happy. Some people appreciate a nice watch on their wrist. maybe a fashion statement, maybe they are trying to prop up their status, but just because a guy has a rolex and doesnt drive a porsche doesnt mean he is trying to fool anyone lol
    You guys really don't see that dudes point? All those things you brought up are experiences. 1st guy goes to sporting events and probably has other friends that go with. 2nd dude enjoys driving fast and probably hangs out with a bunch of other tuners who race and such. 3rd probably games with the boys every night or even by himself who cares. They are all things that you do.

A watch though? Do you sit and stare at it every night?
    Do you go to watch clubs and set your watches next to each other's and take pictures/compliment each other on the shine and strap it has?

You fellas are all pretty much set money wise and don't see it as a big deal because it isn't really. You probably don't realize- but there are a lot of people like Tug is mentioning that have 1 super expensive luxury item that basically defines them(they take it everywhere to try and project wealth) and most sane people would say they can't afford. It would be like buying a big fancy house in an expensive neighborhood, but not having the money to furnish it.
    Fitness connoisseur
    0.4 mg of party's over wake the FK up!
    "the personification of greatness"

BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by RobParks2M View Post
    You guys really don't see that dudes point? All those things you brought up are experiences. 1st guy goes to sporting events and probably has other friends that go with. 2nd dude enjoys driving fast and probably hangs out with a bunch of other tuners who race and such. 3rd probably games with the boys every night or even by himself who cares. They are all things that you do.

A watch though? Do you sit and stare at it every night?
    Do you go to watch clubs and set your watches next to each other's and take pictures/compliment each other on the shine and strap it has?

You fellas are all pretty much set money wise and don't see it as a big deal because it isn't really. You probably don't realize- but there are a lot of people like Tug is mentioning that have 1 super expensive luxury item that basically defines them(they take it everywhere to try and project wealth) and most sane people would say they can't afford. It would be like buying a big fancy house in an expensive neighborhood, but not having the money to furnish it.
    People do that with everything. People go on those same vacations just so they can post pictures on instagram.

Also, are you saying that a guy who spends a lot of money on his car, and doesn't hang out with other tuners, is wasting his money?
    Last edited by BigRangs; 02-17-2020 at 01:56 PM.
    Seinfeld crew
    Costco crew
    Golf crew
    Watch crew
    MAGA

Originally Posted by BigRangs View Post

Also, are you saying that a guy who spends a lot of money on his car, and doesn't hang out with other tuners, is wasting his money?
    That’s exactly what the moron is saying. Luxury watches dumb. Luxury cars essa muy bueno! It’s a hobby, just like boating or anything else but because it’s not HIS hobby, he can’t comprehend it.
    Kobe Forever
    Black Crew
    Bucks N 6

As a car guy with a rather modified car, me and the couple of my friends who do the same stuff tend to actually not get along with most car guys. Because we just like cars. We arent "herr derr muh chebby."
    MFC

RIP YGST

CDMMA is a name known to all. (+5000) CDMMA is a name known to all. (+5000) CDMMA is a name known to all. (+5000) CDMMA is a name known to all. (+5000) CDMMA is a name known to all. (+5000) CDMMA is a name known to all. (+5000) CDMMA is a name known to all. (+5000) CDMMA is a name known to all. (+5000) CDMMA is a name known to all. (+5000) CDMMA is a name known to all. (+5000) CDMMA is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The f*ck is this thread rn

Anyone in the market for a $309 Hamilton Khaki Aviation not from Joma use code ASHHAKA309 https://www.ashford.com/us/watches/c...41be08cf160INT

Not my favorite Khaki, but someone here might dig

Make sure you have at least $3,090 in your wallet before you add it to cart tho

Adam16121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Adam16121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Adam16121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Adam16121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Adam16121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Adam16121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Adam16121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Adam16121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Adam16121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Adam16121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Adam16121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Typically, only people who know watches will notice that you are wearing a nice one, unless you have a Rolex, in which case they will usually consider it a fake. For people in the hobby, it's a bit insulting to be told that watches are primarily status symbols. Sure, it's nice when somebody recognizes your watch, but there are many things a watch could be recognized for. Many of us look at watches for their history, engineering, artistry, etc. There's a background, a philosophy, and a character to many pieces. Some of the most collectible watches available at auction would look like damaged junk to the vast majority of people ("why isn't it polished and shiny"). I strongly suggest taking a couple of weeks to learn about the hobby before coming here and dismissing it.
    Last edited by Adam16121; 02-19-2020 at 09:57 PM.
    I've been seeing the past in one eye and the present in the other. So, I thought I could only see patches of reality, never the whole picture. I felt like I was watching a dream I could never wake up from. Before I knew it, the dream was over.

Originally Posted by Adam16121 View Post
    Typically, only people who know watches will notice that you are wearing a nice one, unless you have a Rolex, in which case they will usually consider it a fake. For people in the hobby, it's a bit insulting to be told that watches are primarily status symbols. Sure, it's nice when somebody recognizes your watch, but there are many things a watch could be recognized for. Many of us look at watches for their history, engineering, artistry, etc. There's a background, a philosophy, and a character to many pieces. Some of the most collectible watches available at auction would look like damaged junk to the vast majority of people ("why isn't it polished and shiny"). I strongly suggest taking a couple of weeks to learn about the hobby before coming here and dismissing it.
    Good point on the fake part. The two people that did notice from above, first question was "is it real."

And also good point on the coming into the thread before knowing the hobby. Been a rash of those lately.

So what do you m8's think about the longines up there? To get this thread back on topic.
    MFC

RIP YGST

MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by CDMMA View Post
    The f*ck is this thread rn

Anyone in the market for a $309 Hamilton Khaki Aviation not from Joma use code ASHHAKA309 https://www.ashford.com/us/watches/c...41be08cf160INT

Not my favorite Khaki, but someone here might dig

Make sure you have at least $3,090 in your wallet before you add it to cart tho
    I rocked that one for a hot minute (If I got the model correct). It was a beautiful, well-made watch. Still don't know why I sold it.

Originally Posted by twovalvekid View Post
    Good point on the fake part. The two people that did notice from above, first question was "is it real."

And also good point on the coming into the thread before knowing the hobby. Been a rash of those lately.

So what do you m8's think about the longines up there? To get this thread back on topic.
    Big fan. That watch immediately reminded me of the IWC Aquatimer (the one with the internal rotating bezel) and I can't decide which one I like the look of better, but the aquatimer is more than likely going to be my next watch

Originally Posted by MetroBrah View Post
    I rocked that one for a hot minute (If I got the model correct). It was a beautiful, well-made watch. Still don't know why I sold it.

Big fan. That watch immediately reminded me of the IWC Aquatimer (the one with the internal rotating bezel) and I can't decide which one I like the look of better, but the aquatimer is more than likely going to be my next watch
    I dig them. May have to go in and see how the sizes look in person. Watchfinder had a video on their "heritage" collection and damn if they all didn't look pretty fukking good in the vids.
    MFC

RIP YGST

Adam16121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Adam16121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Adam16121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Adam16121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Adam16121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Adam16121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Adam16121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Adam16121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Adam16121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Adam16121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Adam16121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by twovalvekid View Post
    I'm a big fan of Longines in general. My first real watch was a Conquest-beautiful piece. There's a video that talks about Longines, and they bring up the watch you posted near the end.

As most of us know, Longines was hit especially hard by the quartz crises. I think that they are on the right track though, as their offerings in recent years are reaching back to their roots in terms of design. The diver is an awesome example of this.

Regarding movements, Longines is likely not going to make a transition to being in-house anytime soon...but it's also a bit complicated. Longines is owned by Swatch, Swatch owns ETA. Swatch wants to make ETA more exclusive, and provide companies like Longines with movements unique to the brand of the watch (or so I hear). So a Longines watch may at some point be the only model that uses a certain ETA movement, yet it is technically not an in house Longines movement. None of this bothers me (as a guy who put down the money for an IWC Mark XVI with an ETA 2892-A), but others may see it differently. Overall though, I think they are carving out a nice place in the ever-changing market (a neat thing to see from such an old company)
    I've been seeing the past in one eye and the present in the other. So, I thought I could only see patches of reality, never the whole picture. I felt like I was watching a dream I could never wake up from. Before I knew it, the dream was over.

Originally Posted by Adam16121 View Post
    I'm a big fan of Longines in general. My first real watch was a Conquest-beautiful piece. There's a video that talks about Longines, and they bring up the watch you posted near the end.

As most of us know, Longines was hit especially hard by the quartz crises. I think that they are on the right track though, as their offerings in recent years are reaching back to their roots in terms of design. The diver is an awesome example of this.

Regarding movements, Longines is likely not going to make a transition to being in-house anytime soon...but it's also a bit complicated. Longines is owned by Swatch, Swatch owns ETA. Swatch wants to make ETA more exclusive, and provide companies like Longines with movements unique to the brand of the watch (or so I hear). So a Longines watch may at some point be the only model that uses a certain ETA movement, yet it is technically not an in house Longines movement. None of this bothers me (as a guy who put down the money for an IWC Mark XVI with an ETA 2892-A), but others may see it differently. Overall though, I think they are carving out a nice place in the ever-changing market (a neat thing to see from such an old company)
    Lol. look at my above post m8.

The blue handed one and the diver are both gorgeous in that video.

This one for example. 40mm, the way the seconds complication is, blue hands, leather strap.

https://shop.us.longines.com/longine...tage-1945.html
    MFC

RIP YGST

RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    That’s exactly what the moron is saying. Luxury watches dumb. Luxury cars essa muy bueno! It’s a hobby, just like boating or anything else but because it’s not HIS hobby, he can’t comprehend it.
    Haha I never said it was dumb. Although I personally feel it would probably be stupid to put a significant amount of your cash value into a watch or a car.

Funnily enough I've been posting in these MWC pages since part 4 (yes from a different user name). I've enjoyed watches as a hobby probably a lot longer than you've been a part of this "crew", so please go on and explain to me how I can't comprehend it

EDIT:
    Ho.Le.Fuk. This is too fuking funny. Clearly I've been outmatched by a gentlemen of exquisite taste.

This is why I immediately disregard anyone wearing a Rolex as "more money than actual good taste" people. Exactly for statements such as this.

That's exactly what the moron is saying. Rolex watches dumb. Other watches essa muy bueno! Having rolexes is a hobby, just like Oris Artix GT Chronos or anything else, but because its not HIS watch, he can't comprehend it.
    Last edited by RobParks2M; 02-20-2020 at 12:17 PM.
    Fitness connoisseur
    0.4 mg of party's over wake the FK up!
    "the personification of greatness"

I like that Longines, but if I were to go that route, it would be this:

Seinfeld crew
    Costco crew
    Golf crew
    Watch crew
    MAGA

I like that Longines, but if I were to go that route, it would be this:

Now that is classy. Hmmm.

Also, need to stop looking on the longines site. Im a sucker for neat complications like moonphase…

MFC

RIP YGST

For the unaware, first pic are all gold/pt minus a few, second pic are all Patek.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=726623

When you wonder why you can't get your dream watch, this is what you're up against lmao.
    Seinfeld crew
    Costco crew
    Golf crew
    Watch crew
    MAGA

For the unaware, first pic are all gold/pt minus a few, second pic are all Patek.

When you wonder why you can't get your dream watch, this is what you're up against lmao.
    Ugh. lol. Im just over here wanting a BLNR and ill be happy.

Part of me is debating going to the AD about 30 mins south and explaining the situation that happened at the one here in 'Toga. See what happens. Sounds like i may be here until september so i may be a good timeframe to see.
    MFC

RIP YGST

BigPoppaPump84 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigPoppaPump84 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigPoppaPump84 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigPoppaPump84 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigPoppaPump84 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigPoppaPump84 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigPoppaPump84 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigPoppaPump84 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigPoppaPump84 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigPoppaPump84 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigPoppaPump84 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

[img]https://www.rolexforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1111817&stc=1&d=158231 7143[img]
    [img]https://www.rolexforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1111821&stc=1&d=158231 9116[img]

Legit CEO 10k/day LOL

Saw a guy today at St Pancras station with a JLC Master Geographic. Never would have noticed it if it weren't for the dual crowns (which I hate and why i think the omega sea master is hideous). Had to stop him and ask about it, really cool piece but as is the situation with most JLC sport watches... just a touch too busy in the dial

Kobe Forever
    Black Crew
    Bucks N 6

HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HtotheOV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    about $2500 to spend

what would you guys do? used omega Seamaster or get two watches say a Longines Hydroconquest and Sinn 556?

Page 200 of 324 FirstFirst ... 100 150 190 198 199 200 201 202 210 250 300 ... LastLast