Page 199 of 324 FirstFirst ... 99 149 189 197 198 199 200 201 209 249 299 ... LastLast
Results 5,941 to 5,970 of 9707
    MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Venom08 View Post
    I want to get a vintage Omega for my girlfriend's birthday (it's February 14th). I don't want to spend more than $120 though, are there any legit or working ones for around that price?
    I bought one from Kabananga years ago for about $140 I think? I would check out his wares as he has a ton on vintage and highly dependable CS as he posts here and on his reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/kabaclyde/

as a matter of fact, he just posted this sale 30 minutes ago

https://www.reddit.com/r/kabaclyde/c...egerlecoultre/

sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by W1LLW View Post
    What's the over/under on honeymoon periods for new pieces?

I'm just over a week of ownership and I can't stop looking at my wrist while i'm at work lmfao.

Literally zerofuks given if anyone else is noticing it or checking it out. I just love the character of it. The new sheen of the bronze (that I know patinas away), the thick clicking sound of the rotating bezel, the depth of the dial from the gradiant dial/applied indices, and the snowflake near the end of the running seconds hand is perfectly placed to align with the bottom of the hour markers as it passes them. Pure hnnng.

Really happy i bought it.
    Honeymoon phase? Man I don't know....

I've had this 10 years and I love it as much as the day I bought it. I have more than a dozen straps and bands for it so I wear the fuk out of it but I still get giggity that it's mine.

twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by MetroBrah View Post
    I bought one from Kabananga years ago for about $140 I think? I would check out his wares as he has a ton on vintage and highly dependable CS as he posts here and on his reddit

That Jaeger with the sub seconds dial is fukking money.
    MFC
    Misc Cologne Crew | **BBC** | Aventus Friday Crew

RIP YGST

BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

This. And get dat dere miscer deal.
    Be the dog Iceman thinks he has
    Seinfeld crew
    Costco crew
    Golf crew
    Watch crew
    MAGA

twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Stopped into my AD today to chat up and float the idea of a BLNR, only to find out he moved to western NY with the gf.

Whomp whomp.
    MFC

RIP YGST

Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Venom08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BigRangs View Post
    This. And get dat dere miscer deal.
    Fuk.I told him I'm from the MWC and he didn't give me any discounts
    I got a 1978 De ville from him for whatever he had it listed for
    I paid him 160Euro for it
    https://imgur.com/a/fxFstNg

BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigRangs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by twovalvekid View Post
    Stopped into my AD today to chat up and float the idea of a BLNR, only to find out he moved to western NY with the gf.

Whomp whomp.

That happened to me not too long ago. Fortunately I've dealt with the owners before so they kind of know me. Try to meet the manager or owner when dealing with any AD. I have a best/first at a great AD and she's been there since I first bought my first nice watch 10+ years ago and she's still there. If she leaves I basically have nothing there.

https://imgur.com/a/fxFstNg
    Neg him bro. Jk I'm sure it's a good deal. Also, pics of GF.
    Seinfeld crew
    Costco crew
    Golf crew
    Watch crew
    MAGA

W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by sloop View Post
    Honeymoon phase? Man I don't know....

I've had this 10 years and I love it as much as the day I bought it. I have more than a dozen straps and bands for it so I wear the fuk out of it but I still get giggity that it's mine.
    mg]
    I repped you simply because i was already lightly thinking of what my next watch would be, forgetting the fact I have a textbook watch that's just begging for some dank leather strap upgrades.

Next watch will likely be the Jaeger GMT Grande Date. Talk about the ultimate watch geek's watch. So much chit to fiddle with between the two sides and timezones lol. If I get it on in person and it sucks, i'll almost for sure be picking up the Omega Grey side of the moon (pre-owned)

I travel a lot, so I really want a GMT function. I DO like the Rolex GMT but not enough to do the tapdancing, and angus licking required to get one at msrp. Tudor's GMT has embarrassing proportions, and I tried the explorer 2 on in person but didn't like how short and stubby the hour hand is. only GMTs i'm really fond of are that Jaeger, sky-dweller, and the omega aqua terra gmt but not enough to actually buy it.

[url]https://imgur.com/a/fxFstNrl]
    Asking for a discount from a reputable vintage dealer on a sub $500 piece is pretty low brow anyway. The vintage game is so dicey and full of scams, you should be happy we have access to a guy that won't sell you some frankenwatch chit.

lulz. never change misc.
    Last edited by W1LLW; 02-09-2020 at 05:07 AM.
    DCA'ing FXS since Sept2022
    Kobe Forever
    Black Crew
    Bucks N 6

That happened to me not too long ago. Fortunately I've dealt with the owners before so they kind of know me. Try to meet the manager or owner when dealing with any AD. I have a best/first at a great AD and she's been there since I first bought my first nice watch 10+ years ago and she's still there. If she leaves I basically have nothing there.

I look at it more like an omen maybe. Interviewed for a job back down in VA and supposedly did well and waiting to hear back. Might just save up and wait until I potentially move back home then find the AD there. Refuse to pay grey prices for anything.
    MFC

RIP YGST

W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) W1LLW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I look at it more like an omen maybe. Interviewed for a job back down in VA and supposedly did well and waiting to hear back. Might just save up and wait until I potentially move back home then find the AD there. Refuse to pay grey prices for anything.
    For Rolex you mean

Grey prices will be a life saver on my next piece, barring a HUGE come up where i'd be looking at a sky dweller. On that note, I know the XL Blue Santos looked weird. I haven't entirely ruled out the watch. I think the medium with the white dial would be a real nice balance between sportiness and class. Not to mention it's the least desirable compared to the blue for some reason so i'd be able to get it for a steal on the grey market. Edit: Found a few listed in mint condition just under 5k. Will have to go in a dealer and see how it looks on wrist

Last edited by W1LLW; 02-09-2020 at 07:42 AM.
    Kobe Forever
    Black Crew
    Bucks N 6

For Rolex you mean

Grey prices will be a life saver on my next piece, barring a HUGE come up where i'd be looking at a sky dweller. On that note, I know the XL Blue Santos looked weird. I haven't entirely ruled out the watch. I think the medium with the white dial would be a real nice balance between sportiness and class. Not to mention it's the least desirable compared to the blue for some reason so i'd be able to get it for a steal on the grey market.

[img]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/v9SH57sMtFM/maxresdefault.jpg[/im]

Good point. Ill go right to a grey dealer when I start looking for something else. Like that todo chronologically with the strap.

Might have to find the owner of the AD down in VA when I go in.
    MFC

RIP YGST

Good point. Ill go right to a grey dealer when I start looking for something else. Like that todo chronologically with the strap.

Might have to find the owner of the AD down in VA when I go in.
    Forgot to ask. You going for the BLNR on Oyster or Jubilee. My jeweler/AD let me try on his BLNR with jubilee, must admit I think it looks more natural on oyster.
    Kobe Forever
    Black Crew
    Bucks N 6

Forgot to ask. You going for the BLNR on Oyster or Jubilee. My jeweler/AD let me try on his BLNR with jubilee, must admit I think it looks more natural on oyster.
    Jubilee, mainly because of the previous comment on grey dealers. It would also be slightly "different" given the oyster I already have on the AK.
    MFC

RIP YGST

Bump to show this guy's collection..
    https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=724999

Seinfeld crew
    Costco crew
    Golf crew
    Watch crew
    MAGA

Bump to show this guy's collection..
    https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=724999

[img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200213/9c12ca82d5a25b07ec132ab2606391]
    [img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200213/7a43ba8738cc37641606739685de256b.plmg]

Really like the grey dial sky dweller, and the yellow gold Daytona with green dial in the first pic. The Daytona would be a cool watch to wear on a weekend Vegas trip.

No one will ever convince the aquanaut isn’t ugly af though.
    Kobe Forever
    Black Crew
    Bucks N 6

PenorBrahNoHomo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PenorBrahNoHomo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PenorBrahNoHomo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PenorBrahNoHomo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PenorBrahNoHomo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PenorBrahNoHomo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PenorBrahNoHomo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PenorBrahNoHomo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PenorBrahNoHomo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PenorBrahNoHomo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PenorBrahNoHomo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What's MWC verdict on the Rolex Air King?

Thinking of spending a bit more and getting one of these instead of a Tudor.

Palestine supporters are the assorted scum of the earth

Originally Posted by PenorBrahNoHomo View Post

[g]
    Twovalve picked one up a few months ago. Great piece.

The only tudors I like at the moment are the bronze grey dial that I have, and the S&G chronograph so i don’t blame you
    Kobe Forever
    Black Crew
    Bucks N 6

Really like the grey dial sky dweller, and the yellow gold Daytona with green dial in the first pic. The Daytona would be a cool watch to wear on a weekend Vegas trip.

No one will ever convince the aquanaut isn’t ugly af though.
    A friend of mine was considering the YG green Daytona right before it got crazy and now he's obviously ****ed. I've also been on the list for an aquanaut for over a year and there is 0% I get the call.

Originally Posted by PenorBrahNoHomo View Post

[img]https://images.rolex.com/catalogue/images/upright-bba-with-shadow/m116900-0001.png?impolicy=upright-majesty[/ig]

Go back a few pages and twovalvekid
    went through the saga. It's basically a Milgauss case with a different dial. Both great in their own right. Buy it bitch.
    Seinfeld crew
    Costco crew
    Golf crew
    Watch crew
    MAGA

PenorBrahNoHomo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PenorBrahNoHomo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PenorBrahNoHomo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PenorBrahNoHomo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PenorBrahNoHomo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PenorBrahNoHomo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PenorBrahNoHomo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PenorBrahNoHomo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PenorBrahNoHomo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PenorBrahNoHomo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PenorBrahNoHomo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Go back a few pages and twovalvekid
    went through the saga. It's basically a Milgauss case with a different dial. Both great in their own right. Buy it bitch.
    Twovalve picked one up a few months ago. Great piece.

The only tudors I like at the moment are the bronze grey dial that I have, and the S&G chronograph so i don’t blame you
    Good because I'm already on the waiting list
    Palestine supporters are the assorted scum of the earth

poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Just in this week:

~ Roast Master, Resident Coffee Warlock~
    www.westcoastroasting.com
    -- Use 'MISC' for a discount! --

Disclaimer: sit there and let it bleed.

Air King you say?

In person, the dial is SIGNIFICANTLY less busy. The 3-6-9 in white gold disappears in almost all light. The green on the dial is actually well stated, and doesn't stand out nearly as much in person as it does in pics. And the gold crown looks cool in my opinion. Almost every video ive seen has been people who wanted to hate it at first, then put it on and went....i don't hate it....and the opinion really changed. I went in really wanting an Exp I and was like "meh, ill see what happens." And loved it.
    MFC

RIP YGST

Originally Posted by TugOfPeace View Post
    Do you guys buy expensive watches despite having debt? Is it actually something you can afford, meaning it is reflective of your disposable income?

A guy I used to know told me that the watch you wear reflects your disposable spending ability in a business context
    The rolex above went on my amex rewards card...that's set to autopay. Not a fan of airing too much of my finances, but i didn't go into debt to buy it. And could've technically paid for...a few of them...in cash.
    Last edited by twovalvekid; 02-14-2020 at 12:27 PM.
    MFC

RIP YGST

Do you guys buy expensive watches despite having debt? Is it actually something you can afford, meaning it is reflective of your disposable income?

A guy I used to know told me that the watch you wear reflects your disposable spending ability in a business context
    I never stretch myself for a watch. First watch was like $1200 to see if this was something more than a fleeting interest. My second one was still under 5 grand.

I don't foresee myself spending over 10k on a watch for the next 3 years as i'm in real estate acquisition mode. Anything over 10 is significant downpayment on property
    Kobe Forever
    Black Crew
    Bucks N 6

MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MetroBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

My buddy boyo's father used to tell us when we were children, "If you can't buy it at least ten times in cash, then you can't afford it."

This was in reference to cars, but I think it could also work for wristwatches

GM54 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GM54 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GM54 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GM54 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GM54 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GM54 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GM54 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GM54 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GM54 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GM54 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GM54 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My buddy boyo's father used to tell us when we were children, "If you can't buy it at least ten times in cash, then you can't afford it."

Ide say that's a little ridiculous.

Most places you can get 0% for like 2 years to pay off your watch. Ide say most people who want a 10k watch afford it that way
    <HTC>

I don't have any debt, but my Dad told me when I was 18 and got my first CC, something along the lines of you never buy anything on this unless you have that money in your pocket (meaning bank etc). I've never had a credit card balance since then. Obviously watches are a superfluous expense, but living in LA, I know people that have watches that are equal to or more than their entire net worth.
    Seinfeld crew
    Costco crew
    Golf crew
    Watch crew
    MAGA

Random watch thought. Despite one of my grails having one, if I never see another watched released with a tachymeter, I'll be a happy man.

Originally Posted by GM54 View Post
    Ide say that's a little ridiculous.

Most places you can get 0% for like 2 years to pay off your watch. Ide say most people who want a 10k watch afford it that way
    x2 on the ridiculousness of that advice, but i'm sure he didn't mean it literally. Was probably just trying to push living below one's means.

Otherwise... brb "graduating college, landed my first 50k a year job, want to buy humble used Ford Focus for 10k. Oh wait... don't have 100,000 cash. Guess i'm walkin"

Obviously watches are a superfluous expense, but living in LA, I know people that have watches that are equal to or more than their entire net worth.
    LA/Miami the birth places of the 50k a year millionaire. I lived in LA back in 2014. Never seen so many used white bmw 5series in my life.
    Kobe Forever
    Black Crew
    Bucks N 6

I find it odd that you compare a car to a watch. I believe it doesn't make sense to buy a watch for $10k even if you did have $100,000 saved up. The whole idea of luxury items is what is contributing to the typical consumer's downfall.

It's like this: I make $115k/year in a low cost of living area. I could certainly afford the payments on a Porsche, but that doesn't mean I can afford the car. When you buy a luxury good like a Porsche, it communicates that you are able to afford other luxuries that are associated with the lifestyle associated with owning a Porsche. If I did have a Porsche, it would look unusual if I had a cheap watch, cheap shoes, cheap house, went on inexpensive vacations, etc, while having the Porsche.

Same thing as having an expensive watch. You can certainly buy a $10k watch with $100k saved up or if you are making a good salary, but if you live an otherwise non luxurious lifestyle (your shoes/house/spending/vacations/car) that does not match what is associated with wearing such a watch, what's the point? You're just lying to yourself and to other people.

It's the reason that despite making $115k/year (which is nothing amazing these days), I still don't have a luxury watch. It is borderline dishonest to the outside world. I still have some debts to take care of and my financial situation isn't so great that I can buy a watch like that and not lose sleep over it.

Generally when I find out that someone is wearing a nice Rolex I think 1) either the Rolex was given to them because they don't make nearly enough money to afford it or 2) its a fake, or they got it as a really old cheap used model or 3) they are living above their means. I rarely see people who look like they can actually afford the watch.

In my opinion, a $10k watch shouldn't be bought unless you have $150-250k+ in liquidity. Which means I won't be buying a watch like that until I'm 35+ (I'm 31 now). To me, it's all about playing the long game of life. Don't flaunt wealth ever, and if you must, only do it if it's actually true. Don't flaunt your physique ever, but if you must, flaunt only if your physique is leagues beyond everyone else. But, that's just me.

I didn't read all of that because I don't care and it's not that serious. But I will say most if not all posters ITT are smart enough to buy pieces that they can wear for years, sell, and get 80% of their money back if not make a profit. My car I own outright and have no payments other than insurance. I also have 0 debt.

If cars are a garbage depreciating asset. Wise watch buying is a neutral storage of money with little to $0 wasted. If you don't have 5/10/15 grand to temporarily park cash buy a seiko.
    Kobe Forever
    Black Crew
    Bucks N 6

I didn't read all of that because I don't care and it's not that serious. But I will say most if not all posters ITT are smart enough to buy pieces that they can wear for years, sell, and get 80% of their money back if not make a profit. My car I own outright and have no payments other than insurance. I also have 0 debt.

If cars are a garbage depreciating asset. Wise watch buying is a neutral storage of money with little to $0 wasted. If you don't have 5/10/15 grand to temporarily park cash buy a seiko.
    Also have zero debt crew. Other than the houses. I lose money on my rental in VA, but have enough to refi and get it at 80% LTV and put almost $700 a month back in my pocket if i do it. Dont want to right now if i may have to move in a few months.

Could also go get a new car, but why? Dont have a payment and it gets me from point a to b.

Side note related to thread, saw a video about the Longines Heritage collection and they look gorgeous. Love this legend diver, but may have to go in and see how the 36 and 42mm look

Also have one with red hue and leather strap....

MFC

RIP YGST

Gotta love the misc. The one man ITT with non-real estate debt talking about opportunity cost and financial illiteracy of others.

I would stop being salty at other people's watches and get to chasing after those interest payments boyo.
    Kobe Forever
    Black Crew
    Bucks N 6

Page 199 of 324 FirstFirst ... 99 149 189 197 198 199 200 201 209 249 299 ... LastLast