Page 195 of 195 FirstFirst ... 95 145 185 193 194 195
Results 5,821 to 5,828 of 5828
    gomil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    So how is everyone doing? Bulking right now but starting to hate food since I feel full all the time.

Also, just started deadlifting again without straps. I almost gave up on hook grip a few weeks back but have finally found a way to use it effectively for work sets (weights being very close to what I was pulling with straps).

Something that I noticed is to try to get as many fingers over the thumb as possible before pulling so that the bar doesn't slip out of the hands. The index and middle fingers weren't enough but getting the ring finger over the thumb as well really secures the barbell in the hands.

I don't know how long I'll be able to progress using hook grip (might have to use straps again at some point down the line) but risking a bicep tear as a recreational lifter by using mixed grip isn't wise in my opinion.

P.S. Great video on hook grip.

Calories In, Calories Out.

krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by missladyj View Post
    How is everyone's summer going?

I'm getting back in the swing of consistent lifting. Have maintained gains made over a 10lbs weight increase over a year or so. Cutting down some fat so I can see more definition again. Today I started playing with the idea of possibly doing a mock figure comp and documenting it for accountability...maybe even do a legit one, eventually. Would need to be more disciplined with food before committing to that, though.
    Well summer has came and went, but Fall is doing just fine! Happy to hear you're back on the consistent lifting train. I'm back as well, I started exercising last December and haven't looked back. The last 6 months has been at least 4x in the gym lifting, and the past 3 weeks straight I haven't missed a day at the gym, sometimes going twice.

I have been doing my own thing, mainly starting out with compound lifts, then working my way down the ladder for whatever body part I'm working. Mainly deadlifts, squats, overhead press and flat bench. Accessorizing daily, which I would really say is more like rehabilitation of my tendons and ligaments/muscles & adding stretching daily has kept me injury free.

Numbers aren't pretty but going up:
    Deadlift: 255
    Squat: 205
    Bench: 185
    OHP: 125

Plenty to talk about on my end but I'll come back and hopefully it'll spark some conversation and talk some more.
    www.grazethesky.com

EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by krete77 View Post
    I started exercising last December and haven't looked back.
    Nice work. My gainz are intact a well, well almost.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

Ironwill2008 is surely doing RDL's and eating eggs and bacon somewhere right now.

Starvation Mode GO! NitrogenWidget's Avatar
    NitrogenWidget has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NitrogenWidget has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NitrogenWidget has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NitrogenWidget has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NitrogenWidget has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NitrogenWidget has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NitrogenWidget has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NitrogenWidget has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NitrogenWidget has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NitrogenWidget has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NitrogenWidget has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I am strong and can see my benis in the shower.
    barely. LOL!
    got a few weddings in the spring so going to burn the belly hard this winter.
    Already cut WAY back on the booze.

maybe a few beers one night a week or some whiskey.
    not cutting carb's yet.

my new favorite meal is chicken, black beans, chili beans with hot sauce and some shredded cheese.

I stupidly started doing the The “One Lift a Day” Program because I just want to work my muscles and cardio bunny to burn the fat and it looked like a quick way to get some lifts in since I got a lot going on right now.

https://www.t-nation.com/workouts/on...-a-day-program

holy fuk it's tough.
    pushing and pulling poverty weights with this work out after a summer layoff.
    Though I did wheel barrow 10 ton of stone into the backyard for my patio and did cut,split and stack about 13 cord of wood plus some biking.
    so I wasn't just sitting on me arse and drinking beer all summer.

krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by NitrogenWidget View Post
    I am strong and can see my benis in the shower.
    barely. LOL!
    got a few weddings in the spring so going to burn the belly hard this winter.
    Already cut WAY back on the booze.

maybe a few beers one night a week or some whiskey.
    not cutting carb's yet.

my new favorite meal is chicken, black beans, chili beans with hot sauce and some shredded cheese.

I stupidly started doing the The “One Lift a Day” Program because I just want to work my muscles and cardio bunny to burn the fat and it looked like a quick way to get some lifts in since I got a lot going on right now.

https://www.t-nation.com/workouts/on...-a-day-program

holy fuk it's tough.
    pushing and pulling poverty weights with this work out after a summer layoff.
    Though I did wheel barrow 10 ton of stone into the backyard for my patio and did cut,split and stack about 13 cord of wood plus some biking.
    so I wasn't just sitting on me arse and drinking beer all summer.
    that's an intense workout plan, jeesh
    www.grazethesky.com

Man the overhead press is such an insane exercise... glad to have it back in my routine. It's hella exhausting
    www.grazethesky.com

Starvation Mode GO! NitrogenWidget's Avatar
    NitrogenWidget has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NitrogenWidget has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NitrogenWidget has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NitrogenWidget has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NitrogenWidget has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NitrogenWidget has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NitrogenWidget has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NitrogenWidget has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NitrogenWidget has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NitrogenWidget has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NitrogenWidget has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    that's an intense workout plan, jeesh
    it isn't quite intense yet. lol
    but getting there.

Man the overhead press is such an insane exercise... glad to have it back in my routine. It's hella exhausting
    Another movement you need to check your ego at the door for.
    I usually sit for these because tend to swing the weight up when standing as I start to peter out on later sets.

Originally Posted by NitrogenWidget View Post
    it isn't quite intense yet. lol
    but getting there.

Another movement you need to check your ego at the door for.
    I usually sit for these because tend to swing the weight up when standing as I start to peter out on later sets.
    Yea i've definitely checked my ego at the door on most lifts now. I actually just got a minor injury from squatting the other day, first time i think I've had a real injury from lifting, but anyway, I'm taking a few weeks of squats/deadlifts to let it heal and start over again. I wasn't even pushing that much weight, I just ended up tweaking my left ribs somehow.. possibly a breath issue.
    www.grazethesky.com