LegendKillerBN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Puffy face and Creatine

I have been told that creatine will cause you to have a puffy face....is this true? If so will this puffiness go away totally? and how long does it take to go away.

soccer26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soccer26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soccer26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soccer26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soccer26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soccer26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soccer26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soccer26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soccer26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soccer26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soccer26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    there is no bloat with creatines like CEE...some people report bloat from the monohydrate.

user1111 is just really nice. (+1000) user1111 is just really nice. (+1000) user1111 is just really nice. (+1000) user1111 is just really nice. (+1000) user1111 is just really nice. (+1000) user1111 is just really nice. (+1000) user1111 is just really nice. (+1000) user1111 is just really nice. (+1000) user1111 is just really nice. (+1000) user1111 is just really nice. (+1000) user1111 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by soccer26
    there is no bloat with creatines like CEE...some people report bloat from the monohydrate.

Marc pointed out a Very interesting fact between regular creatine and CEE. We are instructed to load creatine Mono and not CEE..Hence no bloat.

Load CEE and you may bloat...

C-Los 21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) C-Los 21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) C-Los 21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) C-Los 21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) C-Los 21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) C-Los 21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) C-Los 21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) C-Los 21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) C-Los 21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) C-Los 21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) C-Los 21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ^^I agree^^...I hate mono.
    Anabolic Xtreme Representative

www.Anabolicx.com
    www.Stimulantx.com
    www.Hyperdrol.com
    forum.anabolicx.com

VIP@www.OFF-TOPICBOARD.com

Abe the Cop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Abe the Cop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Abe the Cop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Abe the Cop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Abe the Cop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Abe the Cop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Abe the Cop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Abe the Cop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Abe the Cop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Abe the Cop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Abe the Cop will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I used creatine monohydrate for about 2 or 3 years, never got a puffy face. My muscles bloated, mainly my shoulders, chest, traps area...not my face though. I switched over to cee though and even though I was a mono responder, I'd never go back to it.
    Controlled Labs Green MAGnitude tester w/White Blood -
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=827721

My Megadosed Cissus Rx + Symmetry X Log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=795553

I am NOT a cop.

user1111 is just really nice. (+1000) user1111 is just really nice. (+1000) user1111 is just really nice. (+1000) user1111 is just really nice. (+1000) user1111 is just really nice. (+1000) user1111 is just really nice. (+1000) user1111 is just really nice. (+1000) user1111 is just really nice. (+1000) user1111 is just really nice. (+1000) user1111 is just really nice. (+1000) user1111 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Abe the Cop
    I used creatine monohydrate for about 2 or 3 years, never got a puffy face. My muscles bloated, mainly my shoulders, chest, traps area...not my face though. I switched over to cee though and even though I was a mono responder, I'd never go back to it.
    Why?

Abe the Cop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Abe the Cop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Abe the Cop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Abe the Cop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Abe the Cop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Abe the Cop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Abe the Cop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Abe the Cop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Abe the Cop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Abe the Cop will become famous soon enough. (+50) Abe the Cop will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by USPlabs
    Why?
    Why..? Why do I not like walking around looking like a marshmallow? Why do I appreciate having the strength gains from creatine mono minus the bloat/loading? Why do I like taking smaller doses?

Pretty self explainatory.

My Megadosed Cissus Rx + Symmetry X Log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=795553

I am NOT a cop.

Xtend is the Greatest Scivation's Avatar
    Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Why..? Why do I not like walking around looking like a marshmallow? Why do I appreciate having the strength gains from creatine mono minus the bloat/loading? Why do I like taking smaller doses?

That is not how creatine works. Once you are saturated, that's it. Within 21 days you are saturated with Mono. In all the research we have seen, not ONE report of bloating or puffiness over placebo.

Perhaps you got some bunk product?
    www.scivation.com

Follow Us On
    ********: http://www.********.com/scivation
    Instagram: http://instagram.com/scivation

zootalors will become famous soon enough. (+50) zootalors will become famous soon enough. (+50) zootalors will become famous soon enough. (+50) zootalors will become famous soon enough. (+50) zootalors will become famous soon enough. (+50) zootalors will become famous soon enough. (+50) zootalors will become famous soon enough. (+50) zootalors will become famous soon enough. (+50) zootalors will become famous soon enough. (+50) zootalors will become famous soon enough. (+50) zootalors will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I feel bloated when using either one....mono or cee.
    Might be all in my head...but I find it counter productive nonetheless.
    "I wouldnt belong to a club that would have me for a member" Groucho Marx

I would rather regret the things that I have done than the things that I have not.

Originally Posted by Scivation
    That is not how creatine works. Once you are saturated, that's it. Within 21 days you are saturated with Mono. In all the research we have seen, not ONE report of bloating or puffiness over placebo.

Perhaps you got some bunk product?
    Perhaps you are completely wrong? Yes, yes you are completely wrong. I wonder if EAS, GNC and Twin lab all happened to sell me their "bunk" creatine monohydrate. Yeah, that must be it. I've been using creatine for 3 years and you're right, probably all bunk. Some fake **** was making me bloat...finally, it all makes perfect sense now.

I also wonder why I was so completely bloated looking while on mono and not bloated while not on mono or on CEE (primaforce cee btw). Must be a coincidence. Must also be a coincidence that creatine monohydrate's primary function is to draw water into the muscle cell (which is does rather inadequately since so much of it is obviously excreted) and I also happened to get "puffy" looking as if there was excess water surrounding my muscles only when I was on a creatine mono cycle. Funny how when I stopped taking it I lost a significant amount of water weight and along with my puffy appearance. Must be a worldwide phenomenan of bunk creatine going around puffing people up left and right. Ever heard of Occam's Razor?

Now, about what you said:

That is not how creatine works. Once you are saturated, that's it. Within 21 days you are saturated with Mono. In all the research we have seen, not ONE report of bloating or puffiness over placebo

You quoted my post where I said:

How does what you said have anything to do with what I said? Where did I say that creatine doesn't saturate in the muscles after a certain period of time? Let's take a look...ah yes...nowhere. How many reports of bloating/puffiness on this site (including my own experience)? Countless amounts. It's almost as if you didn't even read what I wrote because what you posted has absolutely nothing to do with what you quoted me saying. I don't just go around calling people morons...but if it looks like one, talks like one, smells like one...yeah, you get the picture.

It's honestly beyond me how you could possibly work for one of the best supplement companies out there (the one I buy my creatine ethyl ester from religiously...). I'm hoping this is just a big misunderstanding. Better luck next time on the proving me wrong thing.
    Last edited by Abe the Cop; 03-24-2006 at 06:12 AM.

I am NOT a cop.

Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Look, if you get bloated, fine. I'm just going by what the studies say and what we have seen countless times with our athletes in controlled settings and conversations with top creatine researchers.

And yes, there was a time when there was bunk creatine on the market, the
    US government even had to step in.

You really take this creatine stuff seriously, huh?
    www.scivation.com

Follow Us On

It's honestly beyond me how you could possibly work for one of the best supplement companies out there (the one I buy my creatine ethyl ester from religiously...). I'm hoping this is just a big misunderstanding. Better luck next time on the proving me wrong thing.
    I was also explaining that the reason you could have been bloated is the larger doses of mono you could have been taking.

I have no clue how I can work for Scivation. This is a question I ask myself everyday.
    www.scivation.com

Follow Us On

Sometimes I can be a dick jkeithc82's Avatar
    jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs up

I have no clue how I can work for Scivation. This is a question I ask myself everyday.
    Because you are a machine Marc!
    Sinners in the hands of an angry Mod.

Mod is a concept...by which, we measure, our pain.

rollinn10s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rollinn10s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rollinn10s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rollinn10s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rollinn10s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rollinn10s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rollinn10s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rollinn10s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rollinn10s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rollinn10s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rollinn10s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The only creatine that I have ever had bloat with is monohydrate. If I was you I would get a creatine product like Swole, or Satur8 or even a bulk CEE you shouldn't get any bloat off of those at all.

All I am saying is that in the 100s of studies on mono, there have been no occurences of bloat above placebo.

I'm not saying you guys didn't bloat, I am just saying it might not have been the creatine monohydrate.
    www.scivation.com

Follow Us On

exfatman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exfatman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exfatman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exfatman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exfatman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exfatman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exfatman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exfatman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exfatman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exfatman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exfatman has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I am still waiting for pics of someone when they have creatine bloat. Besides the fact that everybody has been told creatine bloats (so they are worried about it) I have yet to see it on myself (when I used CM) or anybody I knew that took CM. I do believe creatine bloat is possible but it is more than likely hype.
    Do you think that your better than me?
    You better wake up cause you know it's a lie.

Friends don't let friends buy from Protein Factory...

exfatman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exfatman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exfatman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exfatman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exfatman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exfatman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exfatman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exfatman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exfatman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exfatman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exfatman has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by zootalors
    I feel bloated when using either one....mono or cee.
    Might be all in my head...but I find it counter productive nonetheless.
    We have a winner folks. CM bloat is mostly in the head (or a bad diet).

marcmathews has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcmathews has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcmathews has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcmathews has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcmathews has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcmathews has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcmathews has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcmathews has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcmathews has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcmathews has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcmathews has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I took the Swole V3 awhile back and got no bloat what so ever on it. And I have experianced bloat from mono before.
    Anything you need you can get at 7-11

Originally Posted by exfatman

Its also associated with smaller dosages. Some CM products dose at 10g per serving and if applied before and after a workout thats alot of CM.

CEE is dosed once a day at 3-5grams and take away the weight of the ester its less creatine..

Originally Posted by USPlabs
    Its also associated with smaller dosages. Some CM products dose at 10g per serving and if applied before and after a workout thats alot of CM.

CEE is dosed once a day at 3-5grams and take away the weight of the ester its less creatine..
    CEE is more soluble hence more bioavailable...still, i have NEVER seen any sort of proof of any infamous creatine bloat yet I hear quite a few hypochondriacs claim they got bloated from it (while convieniently forgetting the big mac and fries they just ate).

SI03 Board Rep is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SI03 Board Rep is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SI03 Board Rep is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SI03 Board Rep is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SI03 Board Rep is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SI03 Board Rep is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SI03 Board Rep is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SI03 Board Rep is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SI03 Board Rep is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SI03 Board Rep is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SI03 Board Rep is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You shouldn't see any bloating on either Swole V3 or SwoleN as well.

zootalors will become famous soon enough. (+50) zootalors will become famous soon enough. (+50) zootalors will become famous soon enough. (+50) zootalors will become famous soon enough. (+50) zootalors will become famous soon enough. (+50) zootalors will become famous soon enough. (+50) zootalors will become famous soon enough. (+50) zootalors will become famous soon enough. (+50) zootalors will become famous soon enough. (+50) zootalors will become famous soon enough. (+50) zootalors will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by exfatman

My diet is fine......my head...well.....
    "I wouldnt belong to a club that would have me for a member" Groucho Marx

I would rather regret the things that I have done than the things that I have not.

You really take this creatine stuff seriously, huh?
    Not really. But when someone says something that directly contradicts my own experience and others' experiences, I get a bit fired up. Especially when that something is stated as fact.
    Last edited by Abe the Cop; 03-24-2006 at 06:59 PM.

I am NOT a cop.

Swivel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swivel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swivel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swivel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swivel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swivel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swivel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swivel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swivel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swivel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swivel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Not really. But when someone says something that directly contradicts my own experience and others' experiences, I get a bit fired up. Especially when that something is stated as fact.
    Wow, older thread here that I came upon while searching...

I've been taking Creatine Monohydrate for 4 weeks now, and have not had one instance of bloat. Certainly nothing like a marshmallow. You obviously are either a rare case, or you were overdosing, or something.

bodybuilder420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodybuilder420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodybuilder420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodybuilder420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodybuilder420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodybuilder420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodybuilder420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodybuilder420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodybuilder420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodybuilder420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodybuilder420 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I agree with Scivation. Creatine mono promotes myofibril hydration, pulling water into the muscle belly. This is not "bloat" rather this is hydration. Bloating is usually referred to as subcutaneous water retention, but this is intarmuscular hydration we're talking about here - no "bloat."
    Admin at True Sport Supplements Inc.

B.S. Nutrition and Performance
    M.S. Exercise Physiology

Exercise Physiologist, Certified Personal Trainer
    Supplement Distributor and Athlete Promoter

hvit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hvit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hvit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hvit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hvit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hvit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hvit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hvit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hvit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hvit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hvit is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Whoever said CEE was more bioavailable, that makes absolutely no sense.
    Let me live deep while I live; let me know the rich juices of red meat and battle when the blue blades flame and crimson, and I am content. - Conan

bodybuilder420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodybuilder420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodybuilder420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodybuilder420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodybuilder420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodybuilder420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodybuilder420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodybuilder420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodybuilder420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodybuilder420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodybuilder420 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ^^ Agreed.
    Admin at True Sport Supplements Inc.

B.S. Nutrition and Performance
    M.S. Exercise Physiology

Exercise Physiologist, Certified Personal Trainer
    Supplement Distributor and Athlete Promoter

playboy4ll23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) playboy4ll23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) playboy4ll23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) playboy4ll23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) playboy4ll23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by C-Los 21
    ^^I agree^^...I hate mono.
    i never really bloated from mono

pyr0maniac is not very well liked. (-100) pyr0maniac is not very well liked. (-100) pyr0maniac is not very well liked. (-100) pyr0maniac is not very well liked. (-100) pyr0maniac is not very well liked. (-100) pyr0maniac is not very well liked. (-100) pyr0maniac is not very well liked. (-100) pyr0maniac is not very well liked. (-100) pyr0maniac is not very well liked. (-100) pyr0maniac is not very well liked. (-100) pyr0maniac is not very well liked. (-100)
    I'm on a Creatine mono product and it made my beatiful face turn into a baloon also. I got depressed and stopped working out fo 3 weeks and my face is lean again. I started working out again recently and my face is puffy again. I'm just going to have to live with it until I finish my three bottles of creatine.

trevans1977 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Does creatine make your face look puffy? I see people mention this and then I see people set them at ease that creatine doesn’t do this because it only puts water in your muscles, or only makes you a bit puffy in the loading phase.

My logic on the matter is:
    1. Creatine supplementation draws extra water into your muscles
    2. Your face has muscles.
    3. You don’t get to choose which muscles creatine swells up, it’s all or none.

My personal experience is when I went off creatine I lost about 8lbs of weight, my muscles were noticeably smaller. I also lost strength.
    My face also got slimmer. I think my sinus pressure was also reduced (my sinuses are sensitive to begin with).

It is what it is.