Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000)

MobilityWOD Battlestar and Battlesaw

http://www.roguefitness.com/mobilitywod-battlestar

I'm considering purchasing this instead of a rumble roller and other products. Anyone have this and use it? Seems the battlesaw is like a rumble roller only you can stick it on that base. But double the price.

Seems the base would be very handy for small muscle groups.

Haven't found a lot of reviews of this system, 4-5 on youtube.
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #24 -!!!---!!!-

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Plug-in or cordless, and if cordless, where do the batteries go?
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

throwaway3441 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) throwaway3441 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) throwaway3441 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) throwaway3441 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) throwaway3441 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) throwaway3441 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) throwaway3441 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) throwaway3441 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) throwaway3441 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) throwaway3441 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) throwaway3441 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The Battle Saw looks interesting but I wonder how close the bumps are. They look pretty close. I wonder if they're far enough apart to avoid speed bumping.

I wonder what Kelly actually thinks about bumps these days. From the Supernova's product page:

...Your tissues are probably like wet grilled cheese sandwiches. Putting an Ice-pick into that mess won’t change anything. You have to shear those layers apart....

...We too have grown tired of roto-tilling and steamrolling our hard working tissues. We needed a device that would allow us to create higher global shear pressures so that when we rolled, it actually made us better...

If you're looking for something with bumps I think the Rumble Roller and Beasties are probably the cheaper, more flexible, safer bet.
    █════█ Rogue Barbell Club #12 █════█

Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by throwaway3441 View Post
    If you're looking for something with bumps I think the Rumble Roller and Beasties are probably the cheaper, more flexible, safer bet.
    I already have beasties. The little battlestar is supposed to be good for arms and calves, two places that are contributing to my snapped elbows and knees and are hard to roll out without a base. I could get that for $80 then a rumble roller for $40. But I'm curious about the other attachments.

Originally Posted by AttyGuy View Post
    Plug-in or cordless, and if cordless, where do the batteries go?
    Here http://www.roguefitness.com/hyperice-vyperiß

This is the only "review" but the guy laughs at the rumble roller in it and doesn't know how to youtube and other things. But at least he's stretching.i

MobilityWOD also talks about rolling out some body parts with a barbell, the 28mm part and the thick part. I don't feel I'm getting a good massage on my arms that way. The little battlestar is supposed to be like a barbell.

Still curious about this. Similar products like Sorinex trigger bar and this cheaper DIY http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...4792711&page=2 seem to get some enthusiastic reviews

Originally Posted by Northernmoris View Post
    After some issues with shipping times I got my wheels. That said this trigger roller is amazing. I thought the rumble roller was great but this destroys it. The wheels spacing penetrates muscle tissue perfectly. It really does wonders for the hams. I would recommend this for anyone into myo therapy.

People who used the MobilityWOD kit aren't that excited. http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=88714

Here is another excited review

smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Detrus View Post
    http://www.roguefitness.com/mobilitywod-battlestar

I'm considering purchasing this instead of a rumble roller and other products. Anyone have this and use it? Seems the battlesaw is like a rumble roller only you can stick it on that base. But double the price.

Seems the base would be very handy for small muscle groups.

Haven't found a lot of reviews of this system, 4-5 on youtube.
    I have the Battlestar,the Little Battlestar and the cradle.

The little battlestar is the best tool I have ever used for hitting my calves. I've used it for pretty much everything you can imagine but I find other devices hit those areas just as well. I still prefer my pvc pipe to the battlestar for many of my exercises, but that could also be the condition my muscles are in. The 80mm Supernova has replaced the lacrosse ball in my gym bag, but that was after about 6 months of working up to it. I'm not sure if the same would be said about the battlestar if I used it the same way to replace the pvc pipe. So it has proven to be a bit of an expensive investment given I really only do it for calves (at this point in time anyways).

I've read many reviews by people saying their foam roller works just as well. The battlestar is very hard and I don't imagine a foam roller would be much use to anyone who could use the battlestar pain-free. I've been using a pvc pipe for a year and my foam roller is collecting dust because it is about as useful as a loaf of bread is for me at this point. All of the MobilityWod products seem to be designed as a step up in progression. After using the SuperNova for a number of months I find lacrosse balls to be way too soft for me now. I find reduced effectiveness for 2 lacross balls taped together in a "peanut" since I started using the Gemini. If you're not using a PVC pipe (as opposed to a blue or black foam roller), I'd say the battlestar would not be a great investment for you at this point in time.

The Sorinex version looks pretty good. I've got a couple of concerns about it though. I've seen a couple people use it on youtube videos and couldn't help but notice it bending when they put substantial weight on it. Which is surprising because it looks like a a beast of a product. I don't know if we have any 5 years reviews floating around to see how it holds up. The battlestar cradle bends a bit as well when I use it. If my cradle becomes unusable, it is $30 to replace. The Sorinex is $150. The second concern is whether or not you can really put your entire body weight onto the Sorinex model because it is upright. I could never put the same weight on some body parts that I could with a battlestar, rumble roller, or pvc pipe simply because I can lie down completely on top of those. Perhaps I am wrong (and hopefully will be corrected if so).

I intend to invest in the handles to see how this holds up to my "stiff stick". I imagine it will be better for the posterior chain as I hate how much the stick bends when hitting those muscles.
    Last edited by smokeater; 09-02-2015 at 05:17 PM.

I would guess you'd hook the Sorinex thing near the floor to put your bodyweight on it. It would depend on your rack. Steel bends but the cheapest 10 lb barbells need 300-400 lbs to bend permanently.
    Last edited by Detrus; 09-02-2015 at 05:55 PM.

In related news Kelly has a new gimmick https://www.facebook.com/roguefitnes...4320760509460/

Literally a short piece of barbell. The Little Battlestar is supposed to imitate a barbell.

smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I would guess you'd hook the Sorinex thing near the floor to put your bodyweight on it. It would depend on your rack. Steel bends but the cheapest 10 lb barbells need 300-400 lbs to bend permanently.
    Ya, that would work for most exercises. It would be tough for hitting the bigger parts of your back and such because you'd run into the rack. Bigger guys might run into more issues.

The first barbell I permanently bent, when I was in high school, was from doing 200lb squats. It was just the bar from my York barbell set I got when I was a kid. Remember to factor in things like levers and fulcrums when thinking about how much it would take to get steel to bend. My first thought was "that shouldn't happen" but unless my eyes were deceiving me, the video showed it bending. If I can find it I'll post. That is why I'm interested in somebody who's had it for a few years, and used it regularly. Actual use beats math calculations.

Yea maybe. That would be kinda funny if $150 product meant for a rack was flimsy.

The Sorinex and the DIY version have spacers between the wheels. And he mentions that the spacing is perfect. Battlestars don't have spacing. But can you take wheels off and add spacers to mix it up? Or are the wheels secured on it and can't come off?

Yea maybe. That would be kinda funny if $150 product meant for a rack was flimsy.

The Sorinex and the DIY version have spacers between the wheels. And he mentions that the spacing is perfect. Battlestars don't have spacing. But can you take wheels off and add spacers to mix it up? Or are the wheels secured on it and can't come off?
    Agreed, especially with the Sorinex name on it.

No, you can't take the battlestar wheels off. The wheels are fused together so they are essentially one piece, and spin together. For my use the spacing feels right but I'm sure them being wider apart would be beneficial for certain applications.

Originally Posted by smokeater View Post
    Agreed, especially with the Sorinex name on it.

No, you can't take the battlestar wheels off. The wheels are fused together so they are essentially one piece, and spin together. For my use the spacing feels right but I'm sure them being wider apart would be beneficial for certain applications.
    That's weird. Why bother fusing them together. I expected they'd be pressed together from both ends.

Maybe I should get the cradle and battlesaw and get steel rods to spec then DIY the roller blade versions with option of taking them apart and adding spacers. Doesn't seem like I'd be saving anything for the hassle though, most sets of 8 cost $30 and I'll need 12, rod is like $10.

And it looks like Big BattleStar is using these http://www.amazon.com/Razor-Scooter-...0_SR160%2C160_

That's weird. Why bother fusing them together. I expected they'd be pressed together from both ends.

Maybe I should get the cradle and battlesaw and get steel rods to spec then DIY the roller blade versions with option of taking them apart and adding spacers. Doesn't seem like I'd be saving anything for the hassle though, most sets of 8 cost $30 and I'll need 12, rod is like $10.

And it looks like Big BattleStar is using these http://www.amazon.com/Razor-Scooter-...0_SR160%2C160_
    Perhaps trying to appeal to the masses? I find them to be well spaced for my needs. Even if I could adjust them, I wouldn't. Maybe that's what they had in mind when designing it.

One of the first reviews I ever read about them was that they looked like a bunch of incline skate wheels glued together. I'd bet your idea would work just fine.

But how do you know that they're perfect if you can't try a different spacing?

Anyway, now I'm thinking I'll just use some "Mobility Stick" 28mm piece of steel, PVC or whatever MobilityWOD will sell. Suspend that with fat gripz, by putting the gripz on both ends and exposing the middle of the Mobility Stick. Then putting fatgripz in the middle of the stick to get the thick bar roll. Maybe put some DIY thing on top of fatgripz on make standalone super fat gripz extreme to raise the height of mobility stick for convenience. Maybe wrap a thick wire around all this crap to get the groove effect that those roller wheels give.

It's not even the expense but the volume of crap I'm weary of now.