Blazerboy777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blazerboy777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blazerboy777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blazerboy777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blazerboy777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blazerboy777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blazerboy777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blazerboy777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blazerboy777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blazerboy777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blazerboy777 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Balancing Work/Gym

What's up fellow bodybuilding.com members. Just got this new job warehousing, and it's kicking my butt. Its physical, generally I move lots of bags of rock/soil/other large items and by the end of the day I'm tired. I have no real energy to push myself in the gym and I feel over exhausted when I do.
    So to the people that find time, energy, motivation in the gym even with a physical job, what's the trick? How do you not fall behind on your lifts and lose gains you work so hard to achieve.
    Dedication is all fine and dandy, but knowing what to dedicate yourself to is the real kicker. I know this from personal experience, dedicating the wee hours of my night to Rocky Road consumption.

Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    When I had a very physically demanding job,I would head straight to the gym right after work,don't give your system a chance to slow down,and get that workout in,then eat,shower and unwind.It worked for me and I slept better this way.

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    You might need to eat more, and sleep more.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

Blazerboy777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blazerboy777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blazerboy777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blazerboy777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blazerboy777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blazerboy777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blazerboy777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blazerboy777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blazerboy777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blazerboy777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blazerboy777 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ElrondHubbard View Post
    You might need to eat more, and sleep more.
    I can see how that would likely tie into it.

Originally Posted by Steron99 View Post
    When I had a very physically demanding job,I would head straight to the gym right after work,don't give your system a chance to slow down,and get that workout in,then eat,shower and unwind.It worked for me and I slept better this way.
    That seems to be what I should try. Once I'm down, that's it for me. I just want to be sure I don't push my body into an overexhaustion though. I'll likely have to change my gym routine on the fly to compensate for workloads. For example lots of ground to hip level lifting would during the day would probably mean I shouldn't hit deadlift that day. My workload varies, as do my days. Probably best bet is to play it by ear and work in what I can
    Dedication is all fine and dandy, but knowing what to dedicate yourself to is the real kicker. I know this from personal experience, dedicating the wee hours of my night to Rocky Road consumption.