Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Sunday 24th April 2016
    In contrast to the previous session, I did eat before leaving but it might have been a little tight as it was 10 minutes before.

SQUAT
    75x5
    75x5
    75x5
    I am still struggling a little bit and I think I need to look over my form more before going for my max next time.

BENCH
    52.5x5
    52.5x5
    52.5x5
    I could just handle this weight but it was a bit difficult and my arms were still shaking from it.

BARBELL ROW
    35x5
    35x5
    35x5
    I still need to keep at 35 to solidify my form.

PULLUPS
    19x5
    19x5
    19x5

Note for next time: Stay on all but ensure squat form is better.
    Last edited by WeekEarly; 04-26-2016 at 03:40 PM.
    My log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168042913

Please feel free to leave comments/advice/criticism on my personal log as I would really appreciate it.

WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Tuesday 26th April 2016
    I finished dinner at around half 8 and left at around 9. I should probably start leaving at around 8:45 and preparing at 8:30 so I have the option to do extra accessory work.

FRONT SQUAT
    45x5
    45x5
    45x5
    I managed to complete the sets this time.

MILITARY PRESS
    30x5
    30x5
    30x5
    I felt my upper back working a bit especially on the last set.

DEADLIFT
    105x5
    I tried 105kgs for the first time iirc although it was probably a little too much as my form wasn't as good.

Note for next time: stay on all (might need to deload soon).

Please feel free to leave comments/advice/criticism on my personal log as I would really appreciate it.

Thursday 28th April 2016
    I arrived at 9 but I think that I really need to be there earlier if I want proper warmups. Both the power rack and squat rack were taken when I got there so I started off with the bench press instead.

BENCH
    52.5x5
    52.5x5
    52.5x5
    I could handle this weight and my arms weren't shaking much at all. This was great as it meant that I had progressed from last time

SQUAT
    75x5
    75x5
    75x5
    Still trying to get used to 75 kgs and I need to fix and ensure I have proper bar placement.

BARBELL ROW
    35x5
    35x5
    35x5
    I think I just need more time to do better warmup sets and longer rests.

PULLUPS
    19x5
    19x5
    These weren't ideal sets honestly so I need to get to the gym earlier.

Note for next time: Get to gym earlier and stay on all (try 55 on third bench set). Also make sure squat bar placement is correct.

Sunday 1st May 2016

FRONT SQUAT
    45x5
    45x5
    45x5
    My wrists weren't hurting much although my finger tendons were being stretched a bit long so they hurt a little on the last set.

MILITARY PRESS
    30x5
    30x5
    30x5
    I'm still finding these difficult to do.

DEADLIFT
    100x5

Note for next time: deload

Tuesday 3rd May 2016
    So, I've found some help in another thread I made a few days ago and I'm going to be changing my program to either fierce 5 or candito's linear program. This will take place at the start of next week, probably Monday.

SQUAT
    75x5
    75x5
    75x5

BENCH
    52.5x5
    52.5x5
    52.5x5
    These are getting slightly easier/better for me to do.

BARBELL ROW
    35x5
    35x5
    35x5
    I was losing my form on the last set.

PULLUPS
    19x5
    19x5
    19x5

Note for next time: deload

Friday 6th May 2016
    This was my last workout of blss.

FRONT SQUAT
    45x5
    45x5
    45x5

MILITARY PRESS
    30x5
    30x5
    30x5

DEADLIFT
    70x5

Monday 9th May 2016
    So today was my first candito's linear program workout. I've went for the strength/hypertrophy workout and did the Monday workout today which was heavy lower. I have chosen leg press and hamstring curls for the 2 optional exercises. Log format is (weight in kilos)x(number of reps) as usual.

SQUAT
    65x5
    65x5
    65x5
    Strangely enough, I struggled on this slightly and I had completely forgotten about the 6 reps so I might just lower it the weight next time and keep 6 reps.

DEADLIFT
    70x6
    70x6
    There weren't any problems here really and I managed to deadlift with good form. I felt my lower/middle back working especially on the last 2 reps.

LEG PRESS
    90x12
    90x12
    90x12
    No problems here either

HAMSTRING CURLS
    25x12
    25x12
    25x12
    For the first set, my calves and knee area were working more than my hamstrings, especially the inside of my knee (bottom side of the joint) which hurt a little bit. A quick bit of googling allowed me to come to the conclusion that pointing my toes would focus more on hamstrings; which it did.

All in all, I enjoyed this workout very much and I actually felt like my legs had been working out afterwards when I was walking home which hasn't been the case for a while.

Tuesday 10th May 2016
    Throughout today, my hamstrings were still sore from yesterday's workout. Today was heavy upper.

BENCH
    47.5x6
    47.5x6
    47.5x6
    My body was shaking slightly on some of these reps and I found this weight good to work at.

BARBELL ROW
    30x6
    30x6
    30x6

MILITARY PRESS
    27.5x6
    Surprisingly, I felt like my forearms got a little stiff from doing rows before and I also struggled with military press since I usually do it after front squats instead of after 2 upper body exercises.

PULLDOWN
    50x6
    I decided to go for the pulldown machine and I was really able to engage my lats for the first time in a while. Honestly I might just go for the row machine as well or else I will have to work my barbell row up to work my back properly.

TRICEP PUSHDOWN
    21.25x10
    21.25x10
    21.25x10
    I might go for 8 reps instead next time and leave 10-12 reps for the hypertrophy day.

BARBELL CURL
    15x8
    15x8
    15x8
    This was a good weight to work at for me.

I thoroughly enjoyed my first heavy upper day although not everything is set in stone. I might change some of the optional exercises as I think it will probably be better for me to add in dips instead.

Thursday 12th May 2016
    So round about yesterday, after doing some quick research, I decided I would be doing the strength/control program instead of strength/hypertrophyl; at least for the first few weeks just so that I can consolidate and ensure I have the right technique when lifting. I finished my third exam today which allowed me to relax more throughout the day as my next exam is in almost 2 weeks so I have plenty of time.

PAUSE SQUAT
    60x4
    60x4
    60x4
    60x4
    60x4
    60x4
    I actually found these pause squats all right although on some sets, at the bottom of the rep my hips would start to move before the rest of my body.

PAUSE DEADLIFT
    70x4
    70x4
    70x4
    I forgot about my shoes and took them off after the first set. I possibly raised the bar a little too high before pausing during some reps so I'll try and make sure I pause straight after the bar leaves the floor.

LEG PRESS
    95x12
    95x12
    95x12
    These went well. I think that I will make heavy days have 8 reps with 12 reps for control days only.

HAMSTRING CURLS
    25x12
    25x12
    25x12
    I kept my toes pointed forward and my hamstring curls went smoothly.

Friday 13th May 2016
    I left the house at around 8:30 this time and I left the gym at 9:50.

SPOTO PRESS
    45x4
    45x4
    45x4
    45x4
    45x4
    45x4
    These were quite good as I really felt the stretch in my chest during the pause.

BARBELL ROW
    27.5x4
    27.5x4
    27.5x4
    27.5x4
    27.5x4
    27.5x4
    These were also paused although my form could be a little more neutral next time.

MILITARY PRESS
    25x10
    I really felt my delts being worked towards the last few sets.

PULLDOWN
    45x10

DIPS
    12x10
    12x10
    12x8
    I decided to go for dips which I will probably continue. I didn't manage to do as much as I usually can which was probably because this was my first time doing full upper body since I usually only do military press on the same day regarding upper body.

BARBELL CURL
    12.5x12
    12.5x10
    12.5x8
    These were quite tough for me so I probably need a longer rest.

This lifting session was overall enjoyable and I'm looking forward to my next one. My first week of candito's linear strength/control program also went well and I'll have to wait and see maybe a few more weeks later before possibly switching up to strength/hypertrophy.

Monday 16th May 2016
    I had time since I'm on study leave so I decided to try and go at half 2 until half 3. I didn't expect many people there because other people would have work or school but there the gym was surprisingly mostly packed.

SQUAT
    67.5x6
    67.5x6
    67.5x6

DEADLIFT
    80x6
    80x6
    These were a little bit rushed since I had to work in between another guy's sets.

LEG PRESS
    100x8
    100x8
    100x8

HAMSTRING CURLS
    30x8
    30x8
    30x8

Tuesday 17th March 2016
    I woke up to find that my legs were sore from yesterday (quads and hamstrings mainly) even though they weren't sore before going to bed last night. My workout today; strength upper went pretty well.

BENCH
    50x6
    50x6
    50x6
    2.5 kgs more than last time, not many problems here.

REAR DELTOID MACHINE
    32.5x6
    32.5x6
    32.5x6
    I went for the machine row variation instead so I can properly engage my back muscles and I and went for the vertical lower handles.

MILITARY PRESS
    30x6
    This was pretty straightforward although I could tuck my elbows ever so slightly in still.

LAT PULLDOWN
    55x6
    This was a little harder than last time.

BARBELL CURL
    15x8
    15x8
    15x8
    Same as last time.

DIPS
    0x8
    0x8
    0x8
    I found the first set all right but the second and third were pretty challenging.

I forgot to mention that I was sweating a LOT yesterday so today was a bit more normal (normal times as usual as well).

Thursday 19th May 2016
    So I went for my control lower workout today.

PAUSE SQUAT
    65x4
    65x4
    65x4
    65x4
    65x4
    65x4
    I found my last 3 sets a little easier since I changed my form up a little and went for a wider stance.

PAUSE DEADLIFTS
    80x4
    80x4
    80x4
    These were a little challenging but I could go higher.

LEG PRESS
    100x12
    100x12
    100x12
    The second set especially worked on my legs to the point where my quads were pretty sore and I had to have around a 6 minute rest before advancing onto the third set.

HAMSTRING CURLS
    27.5x12
    27.5x12
    27.5x12
    I tried 30 for the first 6 reps of the first set but lowered it to 27.5kgs because it was a bit too difficult.

Friday 20th May 2016
    So I had my control upper workout this time but towards the last few exercises I felt like I was restricted because I didn't have much time left before closing times.

SPOTO PRESS
    50x4
    50x4
    50x4
    50x4
    50x4
    50x4

ROW/REAR DELTOID MACHINE (with pause)
    35x4
    35x4
    35x4
    35x4
    35x4
    35x4
    I switched to the overhand grip to focus on my upper back as I read over the program again which stated that the first back exercise was to target the upper back.

MILITARY PRESS
    27.5x7
    27.5x7
    I wasn't able to complete the 10 reps and couldn't continue after 7 because my shoulders were straining too much so I went and just did a second set on top of it.

LAT PULLDOWN
    55x10
    I went a little higher than last time and it was a bit challenging

DIPS
    12x12
    14.5x12
    14.5x8
    I couldn't complete my third set and almost couldn't complete the first either. After the second set, I felt my triceps burning (in a good way).

BARBELL CURL
    12.5x12
    12.5x8
    These really worked my biceps.

Overall, I was held back to my maximum workout potential because of the time restraints. Next time, I aim to be leaving at 8pm.

Tuesday 24th May 2016
    This week I have my last 2 exams which are on Tuesday and Friday. I didn't go to the gym yesterday since I was revising for today's exam and I won't be going on Thursday either to revise for Friday. I've decided to just go and do twice a week of bl'ss this week with 6 reps instead.

SQUAT
    67.5x6
    67.5x6
    67.5x6
    These weren't too bad.

BENCH
    52.5x6
    52.5x6
    52.5x6
    I'm also getting more confident in my bench again.

ROW/REAR DELTOID MACHINE
    40x6
    40x6
    40x6
    I was able to handle this weight alright but didn't emphasise my back as much.

LAT PULLDOWN
    55x6
    55x6
    55x6
    Same situation as the row/rear deltoid machine.

Friday 27th May 2016
    I had my last exam and my second workout of the week. Normal schedule should resume starting on Monday.

SQUAT
    70x6
    70x6
    70x6

MILITARY PRESS
    30x5
    30x5
    30x5

DEADLIFT
    90x6
    90x6

DIPS
    0x8
    0x8

Monday 30th May 2016
    Heavy Lower day today.

SQUAT
    70x6
    70x6
    70x6
    My chest didn't stay up all the time and my form went a bit dodgy towards the 5th rep of the second set as well.

DEADLIFT
    90x6
    90x6
    These sets were challenging but I feel like I could still go higher.

LEG PRESS
    105x8
    105x8
    105x8

HAMSTRING CURL
    35x8
    35x8
    35x8

I'm just trying to get back into my routine at this point in time. Also, there's a possibility that I'll be moving to a larger gym pretty soon if it happens.

Tuesday 31st May 2016
    Heavy Upper today.

BENCH PRESS
    55x6
    55x6
    55x6
    Finally gone built back to my previous numbers after the program switch.

ROW/REAR DELTOID MACHINE
    37.5x6
    37.5x6
    37.5x6
    I wasn't able to handle 40 so I went back down to 37.5 and so that I could control the weight better and perform the exercise properly.

MILITARY PRESS
    30x6
    I'm still finding this weight challenging.

LAT PULLDOWN
    57.5x6
    I found this weight to be alright.

DIPS
    0x8
    0x8
    0x8
    I've realised that I always struggle more on the third set of dips, probably because I'm so used to just 2 sets.

BARBELL CURL
    15x8
    15x8
    15x8

Thursday 2nd June 2016

PAUSE SQUAT
    70x4
    70x4
    70x4
    70x4
    70x4
    70x4
    I found these pretty tough especially the last few sets although my chest didn't drop as much as on Monday but still a little.

PAUSE DEADLIFT
    90x4
    90x4
    90x4
    These deadlifts were a good challenge.

LEG PRESS
    100x12
    100x12
    100x12
    The extra sets didn't fatigue me as much as they usually do but they still worked my legs quite a bit.

HAMSTRING CURLS
    30x12
    30x12
    30x12
    If I can have longer rests I think I might be able to do 32.5kgs.

Friday 3rd June 2016

SPOTO PRESS
    55x4
    55x4
    55x4
    55x4
    55x4
    55x4
    I didn't struggle that much with 55 kgs. I can probably increase it soon.

37.5x4
    37.5x4
    37.5x4
    37.5x4
    37.5x4
    37.5x4
    I think I might be moving onto another back exercise (probably machine) soon since I might be changing to another gym soon and I don't think other gyms have this.

MILITARY PRESS
    25x10
    I feel like I could do 26kgs but I tried 27.5 and I couldn't do it.

LAT PULLDOWN
    55x10
    This was a tiny bit of a struggle but still a decent weight.

DIPS
    12x12
    12x12
    12x8
    I couldn't complete the last set because of fatigue as usual.

BARBELL CURL
    12.5x12
    12.5x12
    12.5x12

Monday 6th June 2016
    I arrived way too late since I lost track of time and couldn't get to doing my hamstring curls.

SQUAT
    72.5x6
    72.5x6
    72.5x6
    A little tough but not as challenging as deadlift

DEADLIFT
    100x6
    100x6
    I got pretty fatigued from these deadlifts.

LEG PRESS
    110x8
    110x8
    110x8
    These were burning my quads slightly although I ran out of time for my hamstring curls since.

Tuesday 7th June 2016
    I will be changing gyms by next month because my membership refreshes on the first day of each month so I need to finish this month off first at my current gym to not waste money.

BENCH
    55x6
    55x6
    55x6
    This weight is fine for the first few reps but the last two or so were difficult to complete especially on the third set.

ROW/REAR DELTOID
    40x6
    40x6
    40x6
    I didn't have many problems here and could probably increase.

MILITARY PRESS
    30x6

LAT PULLDOWN
    60x6

DIPS
    0x8
    0x8
    0x8
    These were pretty tough

BARBELL CURL
    15x8
    15x8
    15x8

Thursday 9th June 2016

PAUSE SQUAT
    75x4
    75x4
    75x4
    75x4
    75x4
    75x4

PAUSE DEADLIFT
    100x4
    100x4
    100x4
    These were really difficult and I don't think I paused correctly.

LEG PRESS
    100x8
    100x12
    100x12
    I didn't rest much to go into the first set although the last 2 were fine. I ran out of time for hamstring curls again this time.

Friday 10th June 2016

SPOTO PRESS
    55x4
    55x4
    55x4
    55x4
    55x4
    55x4
    I got a nice stretch in my chest from these and can probably increase my overall bench soon.

40x4
    40x4
    40x4
    40x4
    40x4
    40x4
    This was also fine to work with and I think I will increase it soon.

MILITARY PRESS
    27.5x10
    I attempted this successfully with a relatively quick pace.

LAT PULLDOWN
    60x10
    This was a good weight.

DIPS
    12x12
    12x12
    12x12

BARBELL CURL
    15x12
    15x12
    15x12
    My biceps were really worked a lot from these and I felt the burn.

Monday 13th June 2016
    I left the house at around 8:45 and the timing was actually pretty good although my upper calves started hurting during my first set of hamstring curls so I just decided not to continue.

SQUAT
    77.5x6
    77.5x6
    77.5x6
    I think this is my highest ever weight to squat at so I'm really happy about that.

DEADLIFT
    100x6
    100x6
    Although these were tough, I don't think they were as hard as last time.

LEG PRESS
    110x8
    110x8
    110x8

Tuesday 14th June 2016

BENCH
    57.5x6
    57.5x6
    57.5x6

ROW/REAR DELTOID MACHINE
    42.5x6
    42.5x6
    42.5x6

MILITARY PRESS
    32.5x6

LAT PULLDOWN
    62.5x6

DIPS
    0x8
    0x8
    0x8

BARBELL CURL
    17.5x8
    17.5x8

So I managed to increase almost all of my lifts by 2.5 basically which is great and it means that I'm still making progress, however small it may be.

Thursday 15th June 2016
    I left the house at around 9pm which was way too late so I could only do squat and deadlift and one set of leg press.

PAUSE SQUAT
    77.5x4
    77.5x4
    77.5x4
    77.5x4
    77.5x4
    77.5x4
    I was struggling with stopping my hips from rising first before the rest of my body but a quick google search helped me by narrowing my grip so that I could keep a tight upper back and my chest would stay up easier.

PAUSE DEADLIFT
    100x4
    100x4
    100x4
    100x4
    100x4
    100x4
    I didn't pause properly for the third and fourth reps on some sets and I think my lower back hurt a little more which I've realised has happened for a while because I don't use my legs as much as I should when deadlifting.

LEG PRESS
    105x12

It was a pretty enjoyable workout overall despite the fact that I didn't finish up all my exercises. Also, for the first time possibly, I noticed there were two people around my age at this time in the gym (9pm - 10pm). They were both girls though - one of which looked like she might be in my year in school but I couldn't recognise her because she was always faced away - and not doing any specific programs or lifting and just going casually.

Friday 17th June 2016
    So I left for the gym at around 8:45pm today and started at 9pm. I could have arrived maybe 5-10 minutes before I think.

SPOTO PRESS
    57.5x4
    57.5x4
    57.5x4
    57.5x4
    57.5x4
    57.5x4
    My body is slowly adjusting and getting used to this weight to bench at.

42.5x4
    42.5x4
    42.5x4
    42.5x4
    42.5x4
    42.5x4
    I'm still slowly building up on this.

MILITARY PRESS
    27.5x10
    I don't feel like my shoulders were worked as much this time but I definitely completed my set.

LAT PULLDOWN
    62.5x10

DIPS
    12x12
    12x12
    I didn't have time for a third set. I felt my triceps working more than usual which is good especially on the first set.

BARBELL CURL
    15x12
    15x12

Sunday 19th May 2016 (written week after)
    I couldn't do Monday because I was busy so I switched my heavy lower day to Sunday instead.

SQUAT
    77.5x6
    77.5x6
    77.5x6

DEADLIFT
    100x6
    100x6
    100x6

LEG PRESS
    110x8
    I completely ran out of time again which is quite an issue now so I need to go earlier especially on lower days.

Wednesday 22nd June 2016
    On Tuesday, I fell asleep on the couch so when I woke up there was no time to go to the gym before they closed so my heavy upper day was switched to today.

BENCH PRESS
    57.5x6
    57.5x6
    57.5x6
    I actually tried 60 but could only do 2 reps before I would probably struggle too much. I did in fact struggle a few times on the last 2 reps for 57.5kgs.

ROW/REAR DELTOID MACHINE
    45x6
    45x6
    45x6
    I was able to increase this by 2.5 and handled it well.

MILITARY PRESS
    32.5x6
    This is still a pretty difficult weight for me so I'll stick.

LAT PULLDOWN
    65x6
    I also increased on lat pulldowns by 2.5kgs.

DIPS
    0x8
    0x8
    0x8
    Dips were the same as usual.

BARBELL CURL
    15x8
    15x8
    15x8
    The 17.5kgs barbell was used up so I went with 15.