Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Wednesday 10th February 2016
    I had a deadline to meet for an assignment yesterday so I didn't go.

SQUAT
    50x5
    55x5
    60x5
    Felt good to be increasing.

BENCH
    40x5
    45x5
    50x5
    Same with squat; still increasing.

BARBELL ROW
    27.5x5
    32.5x5
    37.5x5

PULLUPS
    21.5x8
    21.5x8

I had a pretty decent workout and managed to hit all my goals for this session. Also, on another note; the chocolate mint whey powder that I've started going through tastes really damn nice. It reminds me of mint chocolate chip ice cream and tastes almost the same. I

Note for next time: Increase squat by 2.5, increase bench by 2.5, increase BR by 2.5, stay same on pullups.

EDIT
    I've just realised after posting this that I've hit the third page of my workout log!!
    My log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168042913

Please feel free to leave comments/advice/criticism on my personal log as I would really appreciate it.

WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Friday 12th February 2016
    I've been going through a bit of personal stuff the last few days which I won't go into detail and I've felt like this lifting session has helped quite a bit by taking my mind off it and focusing on lifting instead and walking slowly home afterwards has helped clear my head and think things properly.

FRONT SQUAT
    37.5x5
    42.5x5
    47.5x5

MILITARY PRESS
    20x5
    25x5
    27.5x5
    27.5x4
    I realised after my second set a VERY crucial part of the exercise that I wasn't doing and now I feel really dumb for ever overlooking this. After some quick googling and looking at the stronglifts 5x5 site on how to overhead press I realised that I am meant to raise my chest by arching my upper back. I think I read about some stuff saying that it's bad for the back but after actually trying this, it felt a lot easier to do this exercise.

DEADLIFTS
    80x5

DIPS
    5x8
    I ran out of time unfortunately for a proper second set so I need to make sure that I come earlier next time.

Note for next time: increase by 2.5 on FS, stay on MP, increase by 5 on DL, stay on 5 on dips.

Please feel free to leave comments/advice/criticism on my personal log as I would really appreciate it.

Kise92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kise92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kise92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kise92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kise92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kise92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kise92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kise92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kise92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kise92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kise92 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Nice workout mate, and good to hear that lifting is therapy! For sure is my best therapy, keep your head up man!
    My workout log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170299941

Coached by Alex Kikel www.theprepcoach.com

People look at you and say "you changed" as if you worked that hard to stay the same.

Instagram - WKBrandal
    Snapchat - Thabearkb

Originally Posted by Kise92 View Post
    Nice workout mate, and good to hear that lifting is therapy! For sure is my best therapy, keep your head up man!
    Thanks for the encouraging words again; feeling motivated

Monday 15th February 2016 (written on 17th)
    I won't go into much detail since it was 2 days ago so I'll just log down how much I lifted.

SQUAT
    52.5x5
    57.5x5
    62.5x5

BENCH
    42.5x5
    47.5x5
    52.5x5

BARBELL ROW
    30x5
    35x5
    40x5

PULLUPS
    21.5x8
    I ran out of time for a second set of pullups.

Note for next time: Increase squat by 2.5, stay on bench, back 2.5 on barbell row, stay on pullups

Thursday 18th February 2016
    So after my 3 sets of front squats, the guy next to me on the bench asked me to help spot him. I think it was more than 60kgs so I was unsure but I tried anyway and it was a new experience. I honestly felt pretty awkward since I don't think I did a very good job (I didn't know where to place my hands at times) but at least nothing too bad came out of it.

FRONT SQUAT
    40x5
    45x5
    50x5
    I think on the second set, the bar rolled a bit too close to my body and was scraping on my collar bone slightly. By the third set, I could really feel the weight in my legs.

MILITARY PRESS
    20x5
    25x5
    27.5x5
    27.5x5
    I barely managed the last 2 reps on the 4th set.

DEADLIFT
    85x5
    I felt like something was off; either I could have lifted more weight or I might have had a bit of a dodgy form in some areas.

DIPS
    10x8
    10x8

Note for next time: Increase by 2.5 on FS, stay the same on MP, increase by 5 on DL, try and push out bodyweight dips.

Friday 26th February 2016
    I've had to skip the past week due to several final deadlines over the course of several days for most of my subjects in school. It's good to be back lifting after a week although I still have one more deadline on Monday so I'll have to try my best to complete it before Sunday night. If I can't then I will have to go to the gym on Tuesday because I can't make Monday night.

SQUATp
    55x5
    60x5
    65x5
    Squat went well but the only thing I need to remember is to sit back into the squat to start off the exercise.

BENCH
    45x5
    50x5
    55x5
    I struggled on the last rep and slowed down by quite a bit when pushing the bar back up but I managed to complete the set.

BARBELL ROW
    30x5
    35x5
    40x5
    I was honestly quite surprised that I managed to complete all 3 sets properly so I hope to continue this.

PULLUPS
    18x8
    18x8
    I was on the brink of muscle failure on pullups for the last 2 reps so I'll stick with this weight now.

Note for next time: incraese by 2.5 in squat, bench and BR. stay on pullups

Tuesday 1st March 2016

FRONT SQUAT
    42.5x5
    47.5x5
    52.5x3
    I couldn't complete the last set because I had too much strain in my upper body, mainly shoulders so I will go back to 50kgs next time.

MILITARY PRESS
    20x5
    25x5
    30x5
    I'm glad I was able to complete my 3 sets.

DEADLIFTS
    90x5
    I was losing my form on the last 2 reps and losing my grip strength so I might need a warmup set.]

DIPS
    0x8
    0x8
    Finally able to do bodyweight dips again.

Note for next time: drop to 50 on FS, stay on MP, stay on DL, stay on dips.

Thursday 3rd March 2016

SQUAT
    Warmup sets
    20x5
    20x5
    27.5x5
    40x3
    52.5x2

Working sets
    67.5x5
    67.5x5
    67.5x5
    So I tried warmup sets for the first time and I think I'll continue them but I need to arrive earlier from now on to the gym.

BENCH
    Warmup sets
    20x5
    20x5
    27.5x5
    40x3
    52.5x2

Working sets
    57.5x4
    55x5
    55x4
    I tried warmup sets on bench as well but I probably went too heavy and looking back on last time's notes I should have stuck with 55kgs.

BARBELL ROW
    32.5x5
    37.5x5
    42.5x5
    This was a good weight to work at although I was a little bit rushed because of limited time.

PULLUPS
    19x8
    I only had time to do 1 set and only did 2 reps for the second "set".

Hopefully the next time I lift will be Sunday.
    Note for next time: stay on squat, drop to 55 on bench, stay on BR, stay on pullups with 18 on both sets.

Sunday 6th March 2016

FRONT SQUAT
    40x5
    45x5
    50x5

MILITARY PRESS
    20x5
    25x5
    30x5
    It was really good that I completed my sets for this.

DEADLIFT
    80x5
    I had to ensure my form was on point so I went back to 80 today.

DIPS
    0x8
    0x8

Note for next time: Stay on FS, inc by 2.5 on MP, inc by 5 on DL, stay on dips

Tuesday 8th March 2016
    I still ran out of time at the end as I had forgotten to go earlier to accommodate for time taken for warmup sets. I've done warmup sets for squat and bench but I won't go into detail since I don't see the need in it.

SQUAT
    67.5x5
    67.5x5
    70x5
    So I just decided to give myself a little challenge on the last set to tryout 70kgs. Will be squatting @ 70 next time.

BENCH
    55x5
    55x5
    55x5
    I still feel like I am struggling with this weight and that any higher would be too high. Also need to remember to make sure wrists don't bend too far back. I felt a little stretch in my chest on the last rep of the last set.

BARBELL ROW
    32.5x5
    37.5x5
    42.5x2
    37.5x3
    I felt like I was using too much momentum and sort of "cheating" myself by not fully relying on my back for this exercise so I went down a bit.

PULLUPS
    18x5
    I ran out of time so I just went and did 5 slow, controlled reps instead.

Note for next time: Inc to 70 on squat, stay on bench, drop to 40 on BR, stay on pullups.

Friday 11th March 2016 (logged on 13th)
    I won't be able to remember the exact figures since I didn't note absolutely everything down.

FRONT SQUAT
    40x5
    45x5
    50x5

MILITARY PRESS
    30x5
    30x5
    30x5

DEADLIFT
    85x5

DIPS
    0x8
    0x8

Note for next time: Stay on FS, MP, inc by 5 on DL, stay on dips.

Sunday 13th March 2016

SQUAT
    70x5
    70x5
    70x5

BENCH
    55x5
    55x5
    55x5
    My wrists (especially the right) were bending backwards slightliy on the last set.

BARBELL ROW
    30x5
    35x5
    40x5

PULLUPS
    18x8
    18x5
    I still need to arrive even earlier since I still ran out of time to do my proper sets.

Note for next time: inc by 2.5 on squat, stay on bench, stay on BR, stay on pullups.

I feel that I need to be making a separate post for this. I found out a few days ago that I've been doing this whole program wrong and that I'm meant to be doing the 3 sets of 5 as 3 of my full working weight sets instead of what I have been doing (2 warmup-ish sets then 1 working set). I have asked for help in another thread which can be found here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=170810181 and I will be continuing this program with the proper sets in until I have decided what I'm going to do to move on (probably either continue on, deload and continue or change programs).

Tuesday 15th March 2016
    I decided to not listen to any music for a change while working out and focus on my breathing instead and focus on the exercise at hand. I do feel like I focus a little better without music so I'll have to test this out more.

FRONT SQUAT
    50x5
    50x5
    50x5
    I feel like my wrist positioning was a little off.

MILITARY PRESS
    30x5
    30x5
    30x5
    I am actually enjoying doing these which is nice. I might try for an extra set of 32.5x5 next time in fact.

DEADLIFT
    90x5
    I didn't actually lose my grip this time as much unlike most recent times and I was pretty tired after this set.

DIPS
    0x12
    I unfortunately ran out of time again so I just did one set to failure which turned out to be 12 reps.

I thoroughly enjoyed this workout and am looking forward to the next one. Also, I just bought the french vanilla creme flavoured whey protein shake on amazon. At first smell, I was reminded of cookies and cream and the taste was rather nice even with water. It had a bit of a vanilla taste with some milkiness (even though I only added water). It also tasted a little bit like a vanilla ice cream sort of flavour.

Note for next time: stay on FS, stay on MP with an added set of 32.5, increase by 5 on DL, stay on dips.

Thursday 17th March 2016
    I spent a while searching for clothes before getting out the house so I still ended up starting a little late.

SQUAT
    72.5x5
    72.5x5
    72.5x5

BENCH
    50x5
    50x5
    50x5
    I needed to lower the weight since I was even struggling with 55kgs on one set and couldn't control the weight properly. 50kgs feels much better now that I can properly engage my muscles and not "cheat" as much.

BARBELL ROW
    40x5
    40x5
    40x5

PULLUPS
    19x8
    I've done one set again because I didn't arrive early enough.

Note for next time: stay on squat, stay on bench, stay on BR, stay on pullups

Sunday 20th March 2016 (written thursday 24th)
    I didn't actually realise until just two minutes ago that I forgot to log sunday's workout.

FRONT SQUAT
    50x5
    50x5
    50x5

MILITARY PRESS
    30x5
    30x5
    30x5

DEADLIFT
    95x5

DIPS
    0x8
    0x8

Note for next time: Stay on all

Thursday 24th March 2016
    Now for today's workout.

SQUAT
    72.5x5
    72.5x5
    72.5x5
    I want to try 75 next time although I need to ensure I have correct form.

BENCH
    50x5
    50x5
    50x5
    Still a good weight to work at.

BARBELL ROW
    40x5
    40x5
    40x5

PULLUPS
    19x7
    19x5
    I wasn't able to do as much.

Note for next time: Inc to 75 on squat, stay on bench, BR and pullups.

Sunday 27th March 2016
    I had my dinner just before leaving for the gym so maybe this workout might have been a little bit more fuelled.

FRONT SQUAT
    50x5
    50x5
    50x5
    I had consistent form this time which was a plus.

MILITARY PRESS
    32.5x5
    32.5x5
    32.5x5
    I was glad that I actually increased my military press.

DEADLIFT
    100x5
    Finally increased back to 100

DIPS
    0x8
    0x8
    I was shaking on the last two because I rushed the sets a little.

Note for next time: stay on all.

Wednesday 30th March 2016

SQUAT
    75x5
    75x5
    75x5

BENCH
    50x5
    50x5
    50x5

BARBELL ROW
    40x5
    40x5
    40x5

PULLLUPS
    19x8
    19x8

Friday 1st April 2016

FRONT SQUAT
    50x5
    50x5
    50x5

MILITARY PRESS
    32.5x5
    32.5x5
    32.5x5

DEADLIFT
    100x5

DIPS
    0x8
    0x8

UPDATE

So.. I got lazy (with updating this log, not with lifting) and I've also been away for a weeklong camp from the 2nd to 9th April. This meant that I obviously couldn't go to the gym since I was away for a full week. I will hopefully get back into my routine either tomorrow or on Tuesday.

Tuesday 12th April 2016
    Not lifting for over a week has definitely made me a little weaker since I've struggled a bit more than usual.

SQUAT
    75x5
    75x5
    75x5
    I felt some more pressure and struggled a little.

BENCH
    50x5
    50x5
    50x5

BARBELL ROW
    40x5
    40x5
    40x5
    I need to lower the weight and build it back up since I'm "cheating" by using a bit more momentum than I should

PULLUPS
    19x6
    19x6

Note for next time: stay on all except BR; decrease to 35.

Cshall98 is just really nice. (+1000) Cshall98 is just really nice. (+1000) Cshall98 is just really nice. (+1000) Cshall98 is just really nice. (+1000) Cshall98 is just really nice. (+1000) Cshall98 is just really nice. (+1000) Cshall98 is just really nice. (+1000) Cshall98 is just really nice. (+1000) Cshall98 is just really nice. (+1000) Cshall98 is just really nice. (+1000) Cshall98 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Your numbers in kg's or lbs??
    My log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169888683&p=1429732191#post1429732191

5'10 137lbs

Thursday 14th April 2016
    I had a nice conversation with a staff member and he helped me by pointing out that my elbows weren't high enough for my front squat and reminded me to squeeze my glutes for military press.

FRONT SQUAT
    50x5
    50x5
    50x5
    I think I need to lower the weight slightly to allow my nervous system to adapt to front squatting again.

MILITARY PRESS
    30x5
    30x5
    30x5

DEADLIFT
    100x5
    My form could have been better

DIPS
    0x8
    0x8

Note for next time: Decrease to 45 on front squat, stay on MP, stay on DL but make sure proper form through warmup sets, stay on dips.

Originally Posted by Cshall98 View Post
    Your numbers in kg's or lbs??
    My numbers are all in kilograms.

Cshall98 is just really nice. (+1000) Cshall98 is just really nice. (+1000) Cshall98 is just really nice. (+1000) Cshall98 is just really nice. (+1000) Cshall98 is just really nice. (+1000) Cshall98 is just really nice. (+1000) Cshall98 is just really nice. (+1000) Cshall98 is just really nice. (+1000) Cshall98 is just really nice. (+1000) Cshall98 is just really nice. (+1000) Cshall98 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by WeekEarly View Post
    My numbers are all in kilograms.
    Ok. Nice work!
    My log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169888683&p=1429732191#post1429732191

5'10 137lbs

Originally Posted by Cshall98 View Post
    Ok. Nice work!
    Thanks for the encouraging words!

Tuesday 18th April 2016
    I originally planned to go yesterday but I ended up falling asleep so I did my session today instead.

SQUAT
    75x5
    75x5
    75x5
    I still felt like it was quite a bit of weight but it definitely wasn't as bad as last time.

BENCH
    50x5
    50x5
    50x5
    My nervous system is still adapting so I shake a little bit but I think I'll be able to increase my bench for next time.

PULLUPS
    19x8
    19x8
    I feel like doing pullups second last thing makes them quite a bit easier to do which might be why I completed my sets properly.

BARBELL ROWS
    35x5
    35x5
    35x5
    Honestly this was quite a struggle and I need to focus on form first and start from the bottom. It was a struggle partly because my form wasn't good but also because I did these last thing.

Note for next time: stay on squat and pullups, increase bench by 2.5 and start BR from the bottom.

Wednesday 20th April 2016
    I don't think I ate enough carbs to fuel my workout beforehand so I struggled a bit on some lifts.

FRONT SQUAT
    45x5
    45x3
    45x3
    I definitely struggled a lot on front squats. Everything about my grip and bar position just felt off.

MILITARY PRESS
    30x5
    30x5
    30x5
    I also struggled on this but not as much as on the front squat.

DEADLIFT
    100x5
    I don't think I lowered the bar well enough.

DIPS
    0x8
    0x8

Overall I need to ensure I have proper form and that I eat more preworkout.

Note for next time: stay on all