Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Sunday 11th October (written on 10th)

SQUAT
    65x5
    70x5
    75x5
    Finally hit a new squat max since before my decline!

BENCH
    47.5x5
    52.5x5
    57.5x5

PULLUPS
    21.5x8
    21.5x8

ROWS
    37.5x5
    42.5x5
    47.5x5
    The last set was a bit unstable so I might stick with this weight.
    My log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168042913

Please feel free to leave comments/advice/criticism on my personal log as I would really appreciate it.

WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thursday 15th October 2015
    I've been away for the last few days from Monday to Wednesday out and about. I was in a bit of a hurry on Sunday night so I didn't have much time to log my workout which is why I've only done it now. I was tired on Wednesday so I delayed the next workout one more day as well.

Now for today, I made sure to eat a nutella sandwich so I had enough carbs to help me do my military press as I usually lack strength on that.

FRONT SQUAT
    37.5x5
    42.5x5
    47.5x5
    My front squat

MILITARY PRESS
    25x5
    30x5
    35x5
    The nutella sandwich did help! I was able to complete all three sets.

DIPS
    0x8
    0x8

DEADLIFT
    90x5
    My grip was a bit weak so I might have to start using my lifting gloves from now on although I don't think my form was entirely correct so I'll work on that next time.

I had a little friendly chat with another guy who went to the gym on my way out which was rather pleasant

Please feel free to leave comments/advice/criticism on my personal log as I would really appreciate it.

I'm so annoyed at myself right now. I forgot it was a Sunday since the holidays have taken over my non-school schedule which means the gym closes at half 8. :'( It's not half 7 in my timezone and I'm making something in the oven . I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to lift. On the bright side, my back and hamstrings are still a little sore from Thursday because of the deadlift (which I might have gone a bit heavy on so this could count as an extra day of recovery I guess).

Monday 19th October 2015 (written on 20th)
    I missed out on writing here yesterday and I don't want to delay it by 2 days so I'm now doing yesterday's log right now on my phone in my bed before I go to sleep.

I didn't eat properly (mainly my protein intake) yesterday at all which affected my lifts quite a lot. This is a mistake I will hopefully learn from and remember to track macros.

SQUAT
    65x5
    70x5
    75x3
    I didn't manage to complete my set and was lacking strength due to not eating well.

BENCH
    47.5x5
    52.5x5
    57.5x2
    Same story here as squat. Just eating badly affected my bench as well.

ROWS
    37.5x5
    42.5x5
    47.5x5
    I was surprisingly able to complete my sets although my last few reps were a bit dodgy and my left side lagged behind my right.

PULLUPS
    21.5x8
    21.5x8
    I think for some reason my pulling movements (back and biceps) weren't affected from my bad food intake since I didn't do worse than usual with pullups.

Good thing is that today (day after lifting), my hamstrings and glutes were hurting (mainly inner upper thigh) from the squats yesterday even though I failed the last set.

Wednesday 21st October 2015

FRONT SQUAT
    40x5
    45x5
    47.5x3
    45x2
    I didn't manage to complete my sets this time

MILITARY PRESS
    25x5
    30x5
    35x2
    32.5x3
    My back was hurting after the last 2-3 reps so I had to stop.

DEADLIFT
    90x5

DIPS

It was a tough workout and I hope to have a proper pre workout meal next time.

Friday 23rd October 2015
    My scale to weigh my food broke today so I'll have to order a new one. In the meantime, it will be harder tracking calories but I'll try my best to make my food intake as accurate as possible.

SQUAT
    65x5
    70x5
    75x5
    I really started to struggle on the last few reps but I'm glad I managed to complete them. I also had some previous problem with my traps hurting during squat but I've managed to fix it by positioning the bar slightly lower and also having a wider grip so that my traps don't squeeze together as much.

BENCH
    47.5x5
    52.5x5
    57.5x3
    55x2
    I still couldn't complete straight sets with 5 reps so I'll lower the weight slightly next time.

ROWS
    37.5x5
    42.5x5
    47.5x5

PULLUPS
    19x8
    19x8
    Finally starting to make some progress with my pullups. I felt my biceps hurting afterwards in a good way as well.

Sunday 25th October 2015
    New scale arrived today from Amazon and it's surprisingly very, VERY lightweight. I had dinner (which included complex carbs) at around 6:40pm and I set off for the gym at around 7:25 or so. I also ate a 3-4 little potatoes to help me get through my lifts before leaving.

FRONT SQUAT
    37.5x5
    42.5x5
    47.5x5
    I lowered the weight more than last time which helped. I'll stay at this weight next time then maybe move it higher after that.

MILITARY PRESS
    25x5
    30x5
    35x3
    32.5x1
    I'll lower the weight next time since I can't get 5 reps of 35kgs .

DEADLIFT
    95x5
    I added 5kgs more from last time.

DIPS
    0x8
    0x8
    Dips were same as usual. I might start to add some weighted dips sometime in the future now although I did get tired after the last 3 reps.

Colin188 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hell yeah man, I like the dedication. And being 15 and working out this much is good, as long as you don't damage your growth plates (Which you'd probably know if you did) keep it up

Thanks!!

Wednesday 28th October 2015
    I was lacking strength today which is worrying. My diet hasn't been completely perfect and on point but I don't think that's the problem here as I haven't been performing well the last few workouts.

SQUAT
    65x5
    70x5
    72.5x3
    I didn't manage to

BENCH
    45x5
    50x5
    55x4

ROWS
    37.5x5
    42.5x5
    47.5x2

PULLUPS
    19x7
    The gym was going to close soon so I sort of rushed it a little and didn't have enough time to rest for a second set unfortunately.

Since I keep on failing with my lifts, could someone tell me what my next steps should be or give me some advice? Not sure if i should deload or not since it's not been that long since my last deload and I haven't really made enough progress to gain new lifts which is really bad. I don't think so but maybe I should perhaps be moving onto a new program? One thing I realised today was that I haven't been sleeping well at all and I constantly feel tired throughout the day especially in class. I'm not sure if that has any correlation with performance but I will definitely try to get more sleep in. At the moment I don't have a set pre workout meal. I sometimes eat a few carbs before leaving for the gym but I usually have dinner about an hour and a half or so before my lifts. For post workout, I just take one scoop of whey protein. Any useful advice will be appreciated.

Friday 30th October 2015
    I ate something before going out to the gym today.

FRONT SQUAT
    37.5x5
    42.5x5
    47.5x5
    My wrists were hurting on the second set since they were taking more pressure than they should have when I was going down for the squat. I figured out it was because my chest was sinking as I went down so that was fixed for the third set which was quite difficult.

MILITARY PRESS
    27.5x5
    32.5x5
    I've now taken a step back and gone down 2.5kgs to work my way up again. I hope this will help more.

DEADLIFTS
    95x5
    I don't think I had very good form. My left side iirc was sinking slightly more than my right.

DIPS
    0x8
    0x8

Note for next time: Increase front squat by 2.5, stay on military press, stay on deadlift, stay on dips.

Sunday 1st October 2015

I had dinner just before leaving.

SQUAT
    62.5x5
    67.5x5
    72.5x5
    Lower than last time since I couldn't complete the sets but at least this time I could.

BENCH
    45x5
    50x5
    55x5
    Finally able to bench 55 again which is an improvement from last time.

ROWS
    35x5
    40x5
    45x5
    Not too hard so that I couldn't complete the sets but not too easy for it to not be a challenge, just like squat and bench.

PULLUPS
    19x8
    19x8
    Slowly getting better.

Note for next time: Stay on squat, stay on bench, increase rows, stay/increase pullups

Wednesday 4th November 2015
    For some reason, there was so many more people today even though I always go just before closing hours when there is about 4-5 people. It is usually only me using the power rack however, this time I had to wait until 2 other people were done with it before I could use it. This led to me having to replace my front squats with the leg press machine since I wouldn't have enough time because of the closing hours. However, this has made me realise that I am more confident than I used to be about lifting when people are nearby/watching.

LEG PRESS
    95x5
    100x5
    105x5
    110x5
    115x5
    I probably should have started a bit higher actually.

MILITARY PRESS
    22.5x5
    27.5x5
    32.5x5
    I hit my goals for military press since last time.

DEADLIFTS
    95x5

DIPS
    0x8
    0x8
    I would have gone for a third set if i had enough time to complete them.

Note for next time: Increase front squat by 2.5, increase MP by 2.5, increase DL by 5/stay(?) and stay on dips.

Friday 6th November 2015
    Drank a cup of cappuccino before leaving so my workout may have been fueled by some extra caffeine.

SQUAT
    62.5x5
    67.5x5
    72.5x5
    I hit my goal for this one and managed to complete all my sets.

BENCH
    45x5
    50x5
    55x5
    I'm more confident with this weight so I will hopefully increase by 2.5 next time.

ROWS
    37.5x5
    42.5x5
    47.5x2
    42.5x2
    I probably overestimated how much I could lift this time from last time so I'll go back to 35, 40 and 45.

PULLUPS
    19x8
    17x8
    I finally decreased on assisted pullups. I hope to make more progress now. I also didn't feel as rushed as usual so I might just start going to the gym earlier from now on.

Note for next time: stay on squat, increase by 2.5 on bench, decrease by 2.5 to 35-45 on rows and increase to 2x17 on pullups.

I ordered more protein powder just before leaving since my strawberry flavoured one is running out. I have gotten sick of drinking it in the morning now if I have it with a food (like cereal and protein powdered milk or strawberry flavoured protein porridge/oatmeal) although just downing it in the bottle is fine, but still not ideal. This strawberry flavour probably took the longest to get used to and sick of out of the other flavours that I have tried. The next flavour will be double rich chocolate and it should arrive by tomorrow. I've previously tried extreme milk chocolate and cookies and cream. I really liked cookies and cream on the first 2 days or so and after that it became my least favourite .

Monday 9th November 2015
    I had dinner before I left although today I didn't get enough carbs in.

FRONT SQUAT
    37.5x5
    42.5x5
    47.5x5
    I think I could have done a little better form wise but I was sort of getting used to front squats again since I didn't do them last time.

MILITARY PRESS
    25x5
    27.5x5
    32.5x5
    I really couldn't increase any more than what I got. I tried going for 30 on the second set but that was too much so I went down a little bit.

DEADLIFT
    100x5
    YES!! Finally able to do 100 kgs on deadlift although my back was a little rounded but I can fix that next time.

DIPS
    0x8
    0x8
    Dips were fine as usual. 2 sets is good enough for me as I think that 3 sets would be a little too much.

I also just realised a few hours ago that my double rich chocolate whey protein tastes like chocolate muffins... mmm

Note for next time: Increase front squat by 2.5, go back to 22.5 sets on MP, stay on DL and stay on dips

Sunday 15th November 2015
    Right, so I've had some stuff throughout the week therefore I was unable to lift until today. It may have had a positive effect as I feel fresher now.

I had chicken and brown rice for dinner before leaving for the gym and managed to get a gym staff to film me doing my squat, bench and rows for form check which I will post in another thread after I've got videos on my other lifts.

SQUAT
    62.5x5
    67.5x5
    72.5x5
    I felt like my third set was easier for some reason while I was being filmed. Maybe it was because my legs had a wider stance or possibly because I wasn't listening to music and really focused on the lift isntead.

BENCH
    45x5
    50x5
    55x5
    My bench was fine and I'm fairly confident I can increase next time.

ROWS
    35x5
    40x5
    45x5
    Rows were fine as well but I will stick tot he same reps to make sure next time.

PULLUPS
    17x5
    I was running out of time and I figured I could either do 2 sets of 19kgs of assisted pullups or 1 set of 17. I figured quality > quantity.

I had a friendly chat with the gym staff that helped film me. He asked me about which program I was using and that sort of thing. I also had a nice chat with a middle-aged guy in the changing room which was quite nice since he was asking about my school and seeing if I knew any of his mate's kids.

Wednesday 18th November 2015
    I ate a peanut butter and nutella sandwich before leaving. I managed to get the same guy as last time to record my lifts on the third set of each one.

FRONT SQUAT
    40x5
    45x5
    50x5
    I managed to increase my front squat by 2.5 so I managed to reach my goal from last time.

MILITARY PRESS
    22.5x5
    27.5x5
    32.5x5
    35x5
    I didn't want to risk failing the lift while being filmed (since it wouldn't be an accurate representation of what my usual lifts look like) so I stayed down at 22.5 even though I felt like doing 25, 30 and 35. I ended up going for a final set of 35 anyway.

DEADLIFTS
    100x5
    I don't feel like I had the proper muscles engaged somehow so it's great that I have recorded the lifts.

DIPS
    0x8
    0x8
    Dips were fine as usual. They still take a lot out of me but not as much as before so I might start to increase on my dips.

On completely unrelated news, I have a game of basketball tomorrow against another school so that should be fun. Also, I can't make it to the gym this Friday or Sunday because I'm away for the weekend. Hopefully, I won't be too tired so that I can go on Monday.

Note for next time: stay on front squat, increase to 25 on MP, stay on DL and stay/inc on dips.

Tuesday 24th November 2015

SQUAT
    65x5
    70x5
    75x5
    I almost couldn't complete the last 2 reps on the third set and really had to push it through.

BENCH
    47.5x5
    52.5x5
    57.x5

ROW
    35x5
    40x5
    45x5
    I can handle this weight completely all right so I'll increase next time. The wider grip also seems to feel better.

PULLUPS
    17x5
    17x5
    Made some gains on pullups and I hope to continue this.

Note for next time: Stay on squat, stay on bench, increase by 2.5 on rows, stay on pullups.
    Last edited by WeekEarly; 11-26-2015 at 02:18 PM.

Thursday 26th November 2015
    I tried to use flat soled shoes instead this time to see if it would be better but I'm not used to them and today was a pretty bad day for me. I ate less carbs than usual and more proteins as well so that could impact my performance slightly.

FRONT SQUAT
    40x5
    45x1
    I sort of lost it after the first part of the second set and lost motivation.

MILITARY PRESS
    25x5
    30x5
    35x3
    32.5x2
    This wasn't as bad as front squat but I still wasn't able to complete it.

DEADLIFT
    100x4
    I lost my grip and ended up dropping weights from my left side. I also had a plaster on my fourth left finger which kept slipping off.

DIPS
    0x8
    0x8

Note for next time: Deload by 10% (FS - 35, MP - 22.5, DL - 90)

Sunday 29th November 2015
    The weather today was absolutely atrocious. The rain was so heavy throughout the day and continued a little while I was making my way to the gym. I was deciding whether or not to go today and I did end up going which I'm glad I did because I had a pretty good workout.

SQUAT
    65x5
    70x5
    75x5
    I'm still improving my squat slowly and this weight was a good one to work at.

BENCH
    47.5x5
    52.5x5
    57.5x5
    This was also a good weight to work at. I hope to increase soon to 60.

ROW
    45x5
    50x5
    52.5x5
    I was meant to do 42.5 and 52.5 for my first two sets although the idiot in me didn't do the simple multiplying by 2 correctly.

PULLUPS
    17x8
    17x8
    I almost couldn't finish off the second set so I'll stick with this.

Note for next time: Stick on all. (down to 42.5 sets on rows)

When I left the gym the rain had almost stopped. I felt great after a good workout and also especially since the rain had stopped.

Sunday 13th December 2015
    It's been two weeks now. Unfortunately I lost my motivation in lifting and got reeaally lazy during the past two weeks since my basketball training started again and I hadn't got used to much physical activity yet. I feel like I've let myself down. I did a workout today and felt a lot weaker than before looking at my lifting figures but I want to get lifting back into my routine.

SQUAT
    60x5
    65x5
    70x5
    This was a good weight to start back on.

BENCH
    42.5x5
    47.5x5
    52.5x5
    This was also a good starting point.

BARBELL ROW
    40x5
    40x5
    45x5
    I should have started with 35x5 so I'll go and do that next time.

PULLUPS
    21.5x8
    21.5x8
    This was also good to start off with.

Note for next time: stay on all (35 for first set on bb rows).

Wednesday 16th December 2015
    I forgot to eat before going out so I just quickly ate a little snack bar to at least have something.

FRONT SQUAT
    30x5
    35x5
    40x5

MILITARY PRESS
    20x5
    25x5
    30x5

DEADLIFT
    70x5

DIPS
    12x8
    12x8
    12x8

Note for next time: stay on front squat, increase by 2.5 on MP, increase by 5 on DL, increase to bodyweight on dips.

Friday 16th December 2015 (written on 23rd)
    At the time of writing this, it's been almost a week since this workout which I forgot to log so I can't remember exact figures but I'm pretty sure they stayed the same.

SQUAT
    60x5
    65x5
    70x5

BENCH
    42.5x5
    47.5x5
    52.5x5

BARBELL ROW
    35x5
    40x5
    45x5
    I should have started with 35x5 so I'll go and do that next time.

PULLUPS
    21.5x8
    21.5x8
    This was also good to start off with.

Note for next time: stay on all

Wednesday 23rd December 2015
    I still need to get more consistent and I'm lacking motivation constantly.

FRONT SQUAT
    30x5
    35x5
    40x5

MILITARY PRESS
    22.5x5
    27.5x5
    30x5
    I think I'll go back to just the bar next time.

DEADLIFT
    72.5x5
    I don't feel like there is much of a difference between 70 and 72.5 but I tried it anyway.

DIPS
    12x8
    12x8

Note for next time: Go to the gym earlier and stay on all but try 4th set with extra 2.5 if 3rd set has been completed (20 on MP). For DL, go for 75.

It's been a month since my last workout. I've had a few ups and downs before fitness wise but the last month has been a lot of downs. I've lost a lot of motivation but I hope to gain it back starting from now on. I've decided that I'm going to write into my phone what motivates me at the moment and every time I feel demotivated I will go and look at my notes.

Back to the workout; I started with just the bar and added more weight until I found a good weight to start on again for each of the exercises except for pullups.

SQUAT
    50x5
    50x3
    50x3
    Squat was a weird one. My quads were burning afterwards so that I couldn't do more; probably because I hadn't squatted in such a long time and my muscles were getting used to it again.

BENCH
    40x5
    40x5
    40x5

BARBELL ROW
    30x5
    30x5
    30x5

PULLUPS
    21.5x8
    21.5x5

Kise92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kise92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kise92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kise92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kise92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kise92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kise92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kise92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kise92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kise92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kise92 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Nice to see that you are back. Keep your head up

Originally Posted by Kise92 View Post
    Nice to see that you are back. Keep your head up
    Thanks for motivating me further! I've had a lot of stuff going on (prelims, laziness, etc.) so I'm glad to be back lifting.
    Last edited by WeekEarly; 02-02-2016 at 02:18 PM.

Friday 29th February 2016

It's currently Tuesday 2nd February 8:40pm GMT at the time of writing this. The goal at the moment is to slowly integrate my workouts back into 3 times a week so as not to rush it. I'd forgotten to log down my workout last Friday so I'll go ahead and do that now.

FRONT SQUAT
    30x5
    35x5
    40x5

MILITARY PRESS
    20x5
    25x5
    30x3
    Ahh... my old enemy. I wasn't able to complete the last sets so I might just a third set of 27.5 next time.

DEADLIFT
    60x5
    Starting small but will hopefully build up soon.

DIPS
    12x5
    The 12kgs is back to assisted weight.

Now I'm going to leave soon for the gym and get some more lifting done.

Tuesday 2nd February 2016 (just got home 10:20pm)
    I've increased a little bit since resetting my lifts last time.

SQUAT
    40x5
    45x5
    50x5
    55x5
    I expected to do a set of 50 as my last set but I felt like I could do more so I did an extra set.

BENCH
    30x5
    35x5
    40x5
    45x5
    Same story with squat; added an extra set just cuz I could.

BARBELL ROW
    25x5
    30x5
    35x5
    I think I might go and increase a little bit next time

PULLUPS
    21.5x8
    21.5x5
    I couldn't get past the 5th rep on the second set of 21.5kgs assisted weight. Maybe I need a longer rest but I'm going to increase to a higher weight next time just in case.

I felt pretty satisfied walking home from the gym and hope to return on Thursday or Friday although I have a PE one-off assessed performance on Thursday. I'm also looking for new earphones to buy from amazon as my original ones had lost sound and my next ones fall out of my ear easily.

Note for next time: Increase squat and bench by 5, increase BR by 2.5, increase pullups by 2.5.

Sunday 7th February
    I wasn't able to go to the gym on Thuresday due to my PE practical exam and it was raining pretty badly on Friday which killed my mood . Saturday is a day I can never make because the gym closes especially early on Saturdays so I just went today instead.

FRONT SQUAT
    35x5
    40x5
    45x5
    I felt like my last set was done most correctly as I lifted my elbows even further up and didn't put as much strain on my wrists.

MILITARY PRESS
    22.5x5
    25x5
    30x3
    27.5x2
    I had forgotten until after the first set that I couldn't even complete 5 reps of 30kgs last time so I lowered it again. Next time I think I'll have to do an extra set or two with 27.5 just to add more total reps.

DEADLIFT
    70x5
    I think I need to recheck my deadlift form because I wasn't sure.

DIPS
    12x8
    5x8
    I hope to progress further on dips as well.

I had a pretty decent workout and I'm looking forward to benching next session.

Note for next time: Increase FS by 2.5, keep MP on 20, 25 and go for 2-3 sets of 27.5, recheck deadlift form and go for 80, go on 5 for dips.