Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile WeekEarly's workout log

Monday 29th June 2015

About me
    I'm currently 15 years old, living in Scotland, 5' 7" tall, 70-71 kg heavy, around 22% body fat (not measured, just from sight) and I've been going to the gym for a while now (just once a week for fun and to stay fit mostly until yesterday). I am going to 2 basketball camps (2 hours - 2 and a half hours each day for 4-5 days) and I might be running with a friend over the holidays. I am going to hopefully be going to the gym 3 times a week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday). Also, all measurements are in kg.

I did my first workout using babylover's modified ss today.
    I went this morning since I prefer the gym to not have massive guys whom I feel intimidated by and also so that the benches and squat rack would be free (I go to a relatively small gym with only one bench press bench; if you call it that and only one squat rack as well.)

BENCH
    I started off with just the bar as a warmup since I haven't barbell benched in a while.
    20x5
    30x5
    35x5
    40x5

SQUAT
    My first (possibly second??) ever barbell squat was completed today. I went to ask one of the gym instructors how to setup to do squats and the first set was just for him to check my form if that counts as a set. I also had some left shoulder pain and after looking through a video, I hope next time stretching will help loosen it and the my squats will be pain-free.
    20x3
    25x5
    25x5
    25x5

PULLUPS
    Turns out 15-20 reps was much harder than I thought; also side note - I realised I read the program wrong and that I was meant to do 15-20 in total. The weight that I enter into this section will be assisted weight.
    26x8
    19x5
    This was probably the worst exercise I had attempted today and I didn't manage to reach the required total reps, but hey, everyone starts somewhere.

DUMBBELL ROWS
    The barbell was taken up by someone else so I used dumbbells instead.
    16x5
    16x5
    20x5

All in all, I enjoyed my first workout and hope to continue it for the next few weeks and gain results. Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated.

WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeekEarly is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Wednesday 1st July 2015

I went to the gym again this morning at around 9:15am, still working on form.

SQUAT
    Okay, I'll admit the program says front squat but I wasn't properly prepared, although the program also says that you really need to start including front squat once you can squat 135lbs which I can't do yet. I started with just the bar again as a bit of a warmup and increased to 30 which is an extra 5 kilos from last time.
    20x5
    25x5
    30x5
    30x5

MILITARY PRESS
    This was my first military press and I didn't feel as confident so I just went for one of the smaller barbells that come in a set (12.5, 15, 17.5, 20) and went for the 17.5kg one first of all.
    17.5x5
    17.5x5
    20x5

DEADLIFTS
    This was also my first set of deadlifts ever so I started with the bar.
    20x5
    25.5x5
    30x5
    I felt really good after doing these and felt like I managed to have proper form and worked my weak muscles well.

DIPS
    The weights inserted here are assisted weights on the dip machine.
    26x8
    19x8

I felt good as I walked out of the gym and felt my muscles working and am looking forward to my next session.

Friday 3rd July 2015

Well technically, it's Monday 6th since I didn't realise that I forgot to log Friday last week on this forum.

BENCH
    Everything went smoothly
    20x5
    35x5
    40x5
    40x5

SQUAT
    I can't remember the numbers exactly but it'll do.
    20x5
    25x5
    30x5
    35x5

PULLUPS
    26x5
    19x5
    19x5

DUMBBELL ROWS
    The main barbells were taken up again so I went for the smaller ones with fixed weight.
    15x5
    17.5x5
    20x5
    Last edited by WeekEarly; 07-06-2015 at 02:03 PM.

Monday 6th July 2015

My gym is really small and there is only one of each main equipment (power rack, dip/pull up machine, etc). It was 9:15am when I arrived and guess what... everything was taken (except the dip machine later on). There was a guy on the main bench (with the part that hold the barbell), a guy on the power rack and even a guy on the only smaller barbell (still standard). Because of this, I started with the military press using the small barbells with no adjustable option.

MILITARY PRESS
    Before using the small barbells, I asked the guy on the bench when he was gonna be finished and it turned out he was staying on until the guy on the power rack to finished off. He was kind enough to offer to switch with me in between sets of bench presses but I explained that I wanted to use the barbell to military press.
    17.5x5
    20x5
    20x5
    20x5
    20x5
    I did an extra 2 sets since it was lighter and I had to wait for the other equipment to be finished off with.

DIPS
    I moved onto dips straight away once the guy on the machine (who was finishing off his workout) was done.
    26x8
    19x8
    12x5
    12x5
    Had some more time to spare so I did an extra set again.

DEADLIFTS
    I used the small barbell with adjustable weights to do my deadlifts although I'm not sure how heavy the bar actually is. I'll just assume it was 10kg.
    20x5
    25x5
    30x5
    30x5
    Again, waited a while for the squat rack but the first guy on it took FOREVER. The second guy had only started using the rack when I finished my deadlifts with an extra set so I just had to use the seated leg press machine instead.

LEG PRESS
    115x5
    125x5
    125x5

I've learnt my lesson and decided that I will go earlier in the future.

Friday 11th July 2015

I've still not gotten into a habit of logging my workouts yet and have forgotten again. I'm typing this on Sunday and I don't think I'll bother with trying to remember what my lifts were on Wednesday since I don't want to enter false information. I'm beginning to lose some motivation so any comments, criticism or advice would be appreciated.

The most prominent thing I remember from Wednesday was trying to do rows on the power rack and having no idea how to setup properly on it. There was a guy on one of the benches that was laughing at something and I'm not sure if it was me or not. :'(

SQUATS
    Started with just the bar as usual just to get my form right
    20x5
    30x5
    35x5

MILITARY PRESS
    It was my first time actually using the main barbell for military press
    20x5
    25x5
    27.5x5

DEADLIFTS
    25x5
    30x5
    30x5

DIPS
    As usual, used assisted weight for my dips. I think I felt a bit weaker than last time since this was my last exercise in my workout
    19x6
    19x6
    19x5

Thanks for reading.

Thursday 30th July 2015

For the last few weeks I've been inconsistent because I managed to injure myself from a Duke of Edinburgh expedition training session and burnt my left finger and thumb which left a few blisters. For those who don't know, the Duke of Edinburgh award is a youth award type of thing, that you can receive in Scotland and possibly the rest of the UK, where you do an walking/bike/canoe expedition at the end for a few days.

This meant that I had to take 2 weeks off and away from the gym and I started out just trying to replace the exercises with dumbbells but to no avail so I just stopped until I recovered. I started with the program on Monday and Wednesday again and plan to continue on. I won't get into too many details but I basically just didn't log my workouts and all I really remember from Monday is that I benched 47.5kg.

I'll log my workout for Wednesday though.

SQUAT
    35x5
    40x5
    40x5

MILITARY PRESS
    30x5
    30x4
    27.5x4
    I struggled with this much more than anything else and I think I'll start off with a lower weight next time and progress from there. Also, I'm pretty sure the reason I'm lacking behind on my military press (and probably my squat as well) is because I must have a weak core, especially when I compare it to my bench especially.

DEADLIFTS
    40x5
    I'm going to stick to one set of deadlifts like the program suggests from now on so I can increase both my squat and my deadlifts without overtraining any muscles.

DIPS
    12x8
    12x8
    0x3
    I felt like I was working my chest more than triceps and when I removed the resistance, my chest was leaning forward and I couldn't correct my form properly; I have no idea how to fix this either.

I've decided I will start to enter in whichever exercises I have to do before I go to the gym into my phone from now on and I'll fill in the weights of the exercises straight after I've done them. I'll set a reminder on my phone as well until I get into the habit of logging everytime.

doubleapril is not very well liked. (-100) doubleapril is not very well liked. (-100) doubleapril is not very well liked. (-100) doubleapril is not very well liked. (-100) doubleapril is not very well liked. (-100) doubleapril is not very well liked. (-100) doubleapril is not very well liked. (-100) doubleapril is not very well liked. (-100) doubleapril is not very well liked. (-100) doubleapril is not very well liked. (-100) doubleapril is not very well liked. (-100)
    awesome!!!

Wow. So... I was too tired from something else yesterday (Friday) so I decided to go do my workout today instead. Bad idea. I walked there about half an hour ago just to find out that the idiot in me forgot that they close early on Saturdays at 6pm. Now I'm in a bit of a little dilemna because on Monday I'm away on my full 2-day Duke of Edinburgh walking expedition. I'm not sure whether I should still go to the gym tomorrow or not since I will be really tired for the next 2 days after that. If I don't then it will be Wednesday the next time I go which is a whole week since the last time but if I do then I might be too worn out for the expedition.

Thursday 6th August 2015

Feels good. I came back from the gym about an hour and a half ago since I was tired when I came back from the 2 day walk yesterday. On my way there I found out that the usual footpath I take was closed for some reason so I had to find another way around and kind of ran a little already. I got there at around 9:10pm or so and left at 9:55 (gym closes at 10pm). I did rush it a little bit since I had less time than usual which could be bad because I didn't do the movements slowly but it also meant I had less time to rest which was good because I hadn't realised until today that I might have been taking rests for too long sometimes. Before I got there I also put in a note on my phone and filled in my weight numbers while at the gym which was useful so that I don't have to try and remember everything now .

SQUAT
    35x5
    40x5
    45x5

BENCH
    40x5
    45x5
    50x5

PULLUPS
    Now this is where it got a little confusing for me since I don't actually know how to work the assisted pullup machine. It looked like there was a few extra assisted weights but I'm not sure so I'll have to check up on that
    17x6
    17x6
    0x3

ROWS
    20x5
    30x5
    35x5

Originally Posted by doubleapril View Post
    awesome!!!
    Sorry, I thought I had replied a few days earlier but apparently my internet decided to stop working but thanks for the response! It's great to know that someone is actually reading this absolute shambles of a log so far.

Sunday 9th August 2015

Today I used a note on my phone to record the weights on my lifts again. I think I'm also getting into a habit of logging now which is a plus.

SQUATS
    40x5
    45x5
    50x5

MILITARY PRESS
    25x5
    30x5
    30x5
    I was struggling again to lift the final 2 reps on my last set and a little bit on the last rep on the second set.

DEADLIFTS
    50x5
    It felt good to deadlift again after a week

DIPS
    12x8
    12x8
    0x4 (0=no assisted weight; just bodyweight)
    I feel more in my chest doing dips so I'm going to have to do some research on how to fix this now.

All in all, a good workout although it was a little short (half a hour) which was a little worrying so maybe I need to lift heavier and have longer recovery times in between sets. Either that or it's just because I haven't been lifting long enough and consistent enough. As always all comments, advice, encouragement and criticism are welcome!

Tuesday 12th August 2015

There was a few more people than usual this time. Also, I benched in the power rack for the first time and wasted quite a lot of time trying to adjust the side bits that stick out so that I could bench properly. I would post a picture of the type of power racks that are in my gym but I don't think I'm allowed to.

SQUATS
    45x5
    50x5
    55x5
    So I increased my max squat by 5kgs which was good

BENCH
    45x5
    50x5
    52.5x5
    Also increased my bench but by 2.5kgs this time. This was also the first time that I had a higher squat (I only started squatting when I started this program but I had benched before)

ROWS
    30x5
    35x5
    40x5
    I'm starting to get used to rows now and I think my form has improved.

PULLUPS
    12x6
    12x4
    12x4
    Well, due to the time wasted by trying to adjust the power rack to bench, I had to reduce my rest time between sets (since the gym was closing) so I could only pull off 4 reps with 12kgs resistance on the last 2 sets.

Friday 15th August 2015

My first tub of whey protein powder arrived in the mail today from Amazon which was nice. All of my lifts went smoothly as well.

SQUAT
    50x5
    55x5
    55x5
    I couldn't get anything over 55kgs

MILITARY PRESS
    25x5
    30x5
    32.5x5
    I felt my back working a lot especially on the second and last set

DEADLIFT
    60x5
    Getting closer to deadlifting my own bodyweight starting from just nothing a few weeks ago .

DIPS
    12x9
    0x6
    0x5
    I'm getting better at dips and soon I hope that I won't need resistance anymore; now if only the same were for pullups :/

Looking forward to my next gym session again. D

Monday 17th August 2015 (written on Tuesday 18th)

The holidays are over so I had my first day back at school yesterday. It felt a little strange going to the gym in the evening on a school day but I'll get used to it.

SQUAT
    50x5
    55x5
    60x5

BENCH
    50x5
    55x5
    57.7x5
    I realised that my grip goes a bit dodgy when I lift as heavy as this and my wrists start to bend backwards which I guess is a natural instinct since more of my hand/wrist supports the bar. I will need to work on it next time.

ROWS
    35x5
    40x5
    45x5
    I find it hard to only move my arms when I do rows and usually my hips move along since my body wants more momentum which I can't fully control yet. This is another thing I need to work on.

PULLUPS
    12x6
    12x5
    12x4
    Pullups seem to be the hardest exercise to progress on for me I think but I will take it slowly if I need.

Wednesday 19th August 2015 (written on Friday)

So I was just about to log today's workout when I realised I missed out Wednesday. I'll just do that now.

SQUAT
    55x5
    60x5
    62.5x5

MILITARY PRESS
    30x5
    32.5x4
    I am still lacking the strength for this and it doesn't seem like I am improving at all. I really felt demotivated and skipped the last set which I shouldn't have done.

DEADLIFT
    70x5
    Finally able to deadlift near around my weight which is good.

DIPS
    12x9
    0x7
    0x5
    Still progressing on dips nicely.

Friday 21st August 2015

SQUAT
    55x5
    60x5
    65x5

BENCH
    50x5
    55x5
    60x3
    I might actually just go light again next time and work on proper grip since my wrists were feeling a bit off on the last set.

ROWS
    40x5
    40x5
    45x5

PULLUPS
    14.5x6
    12x5
    12x5

Sunday 23rd August 2015

Today was fun. But. School tomorrow :'(. I increased all my lifts slightly which was good.

SQUAT
    60x5
    65x5
    67.5x5

MILITARY PRESS
    30x5
    32.5x5
    35x5
    I finally did it! I pulled through and managed to complete my 5 reps of 32.5kgs and also did 5 reps of 35kgs.

DEADLIFT
    80x5
    Still increasing my deadlifts at a steady rate which is good news.

DIPS
    0x9
    0x9
    I'm now at the point where I can perform dips at just my own bodyweight without resistance which is a good step forward.

Wednesday 26th August 2015

SQUAT
    62.5x5
    67.5x5
    70x5
    Starting to squat my own bodyweight now .

BENCH
    40x5
    45x5
    45x5
    Okay so I tried to fix my grip by using a lower weight but I'm still struggling a bit and confused at which parts of my hands I'm meant to have pressure on more while I grip it. Maybe I have to start from scratch. I will be looking into it.

ROWS
    40x5
    45x5
    50x5
    Still increasing rows slowly but steadily.

PULLUPS
    14.5x6
    12x6
    12x6

Friday 28th August 2015

SQUAT
    65x5x5
    70x5x5
    72.5x5

MILITARY PRESS
    32.5x5
    35x5
    37.5x5
    Hopefully, I will continue to progress my military press.

DEADLIFT
    90x5
    I think I'll have to go lighter on my deadlifts to ensure that I have correct form. Also, I used an over/under grip for the first time which felt a lot easier and natural than I imagined it to be.

DIPS
    0x8
    0x8
    0x6
    Ideally I would have wanted to do 3 sets of 8 reps although I was running short on time.

TRICEP CABLE PUSHDOWN
    16.25x8
    16.25x8
    I tried these last time although I forgot to log it.
    Last edited by WeekEarly; 08-28-2015 at 04:57 PM.

Sunday 30th August 2015
    It's getting late and I don't want to miss 2 workout logs in a row so I'll make it quick.

SQUAT
    65x5
    70x5
    72.5x5

BENCH
    30x5
    35x5
    40x5
    I'm just going to start small again and rebuild for proper grip and form from now on.

PULLUPS
    19x8
    19x8

ROWS
    45x5
    50x5
    50x5
    My log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168042913

Please feel free to leave comments/advice/criticism on my personal log as I would really appreciate it.

Wednesday 2nd September 2015
    I felt kind of weak today and I might have to get in a deload week or something.

SQUAT
    70x5
    72.5x5
    72.5x5
    I should have started with a lower warmup set.

MILITARY PRESS
    35x4
    32.5x4
    I really started to feel a bit dodgy and weak at this point and didn't complete my sets properly.

DEADLIFT
    60x5
    I went lighter than usual.

DIPS
    0x8
    0x8
    0x8

Please feel free to leave comments/advice/criticism on my personal log as I would really appreciate it.

I feel like I really need to update this now.

I haven't logged much due to lack of motivation for working out because of different reasons and I want to start again. I did have a workout on Friday 4th September then I just felt like I couldn't progress so I took the next week off. I then ended up taking the week after that off as well. Ouch. Now I started up again 2 weeks ago on Friday 18th September which I'll log down below as the next post.

Also, I started counting calories again last week in the hopes of losing some body fat so I hope that will turn out well.

Friday 18th September 2015
    First workout in 2 weeks so I'm starting out again with a lower weight so I can build up from there

SQUAT
    70x5
    20x5
    40x5
    The first set I just wanted to try out, the second set I just practised my form a bit and the third set I was just trying out that weight.

BENCH
    40x5
    45x5
    50x5
    On my third set at 50kgs my old habit of bending my wrists happened again so I'll have to build up again.

ROWS
    30x5
    35x5
    40x5
    I don't feel like I engage my back enough and I can't seem to push my elbows in to retract my scapula a bit so I might have to lower the weight again.

PULLUPS
    19x8
    24x7
    26x6
    I think I'll go for 2 sets of 8 maybe next time as I was lacking strength.

Tuesday 22nd September 2015

FRONT SQUAT
    20x5
    20x5
    30x5
    30x5
    It was my first time doing front squat after watching a few videos. I was using clean grip and my wrists hurt a bit after the second or third rep and it got progressively worse after that. Maybe my wrist mobility or flexibility isn't very good but I'll have to look into it.

MILITARY PRESS
    30x5
    35x3
    32.5x5
    My wrists were affected a bit by the front squats which sucked. On my second set I could only do 3 reps and then I struggled too much so I put the weight down a bit. I think I should have just started out lower for the first set. I also felt pressure on my back at the top of the range of motion.

DEADLIFT
    60x5
    Deadlifts went smoothly.

DIPS
    0x8
    0x8
    0x8
    Dips also went smoothly. I think it's one of my favourite exercises now.

Friday 25th September 2015
    I did my workout at a different gym this time. I usually go to this one with a friend at around 2pm-2:30pm to do some cardio or core but I decided to do my strength workout along with some cardio.

SQUAT
    50x5
    60x5
    65x5
    Just getting back into squatting.

BENCH
    40x5
    45x5
    50x5
    Almost forgot about my wrists on the first set but it did go smoothly.

ROWS
    30x5
    35x5
    40x5
    I don't think I was engaging my back muscles as well as I should have.

LAT PULLDOWN
    40x5
    40x5
    40x5
    The assisted pullup machine was taken so I did lat pulldowns instead.

Sunday 27th September 2015
    Trying to get used to front squats.

FRONT SQUAT
    20x5
    25x5
    30x5
    35x5

MILITARY PRESS
    25x5
    30x5
    32.5x4
    My range of motion on my second set went a bit dodgy and I couldn't complete the full third set after that. I will have to work on this exercise more.

DEADLIFT
    70x5

TRICEP CABLE PUSHDOWN
    16.25x8
    18.25x8
    The dip machine was taken up so I just did these.

Today was a good workout. I seriously need to sleep now though. 1am now and I have school tomorrow :'(.

Thursday 1st October 2015
    I originally planned to go on Wednesday but I had forgotten that I wouldn't be able to make it so my next gym day was pushed to Thursday.

SQUAT
    60x5
    65x5
    70x5

BENCH
    45x5
    50x5
    55x5

ROWS
    35x5
    40x5
    45x5

PULLUPS
    21.5x8
    19x7
    Last edited by WeekEarly; 10-02-2015 at 04:44 PM.

Sunday 4th October 2015

FRONT SQUATS
    30x5
    35x5
    40x5
    I'm starting to get better wrist mobility for front squats and watching untamed strength's videos on YouTube has also helped a ton. I hope to make some more progress on this.

MILITARY PRESS
    25x5
    30x5
    35x5
    I was really close to not lifting the last rep on the last set but barely managed to opposed to last time.

DEADLIFT
    80x5
    Deadlifts went smoothly and I really enjoyed it.

DIPS
    0x8
    0x7
    I was close to finishing off the last rep on the second set but didn't manage to do it.

Wednesday 7th October 2015
    From now on, if I feel like it, I'm also going to include other fitness related things that have been going on so this is sort of also my fitness log and not just workout log.

My new tub of strawberry ON whey protein arrived today. Also, new set of scales also arrived which include a function to measure body fat percentage and BMI (it sends a tiny electrical impulse throughout the body to measure it just like one of those little measurers that you hold onto).

Now I've updated my stats: - weight-= 68-68.4kg depending on the time of day
    - body fat = 18.2%
    - body water percentage = 63%
    - BMI = 23.9 BMI (just a little extra info; not that BMI matters anyway)

I also wanted to note that I've been counting calories and macros for about 3-4 weeks now to cut down on my body fat percentage and so far it has been effective seeing from the results. I was 70.5-71kg before and now I'm 68kg. I've realised that I might be losing too much weight at once which isn't ideal as I'd like to lose it slower so I started syncing a ****meter app to the calorie counting app I'm using so now I'm eating an extra 300-400 calories each day from walking. I'll wait another few weeks and analyse my results to see what I should do from there.

SQUAT
    62.5x5
    67.5x5
    72.5x5

BENCH
    45x5
    50x5
    55x5
    I'm still getting used to lifting this sort of weight on the bench and I've gotten a little less shaky than last time which was a problem.

ROWS
    42.5x5
    47.5x5
    52.5x5
    I've gotten better at rows and I will hopefully slowly increase more and more weight.

PULLUPS
    21.5x8
    19x8
    I barely managed to do the very last rep. I think my form kind of started to fail for the last few reps as well.

I've just realised that I probably should have made a separate post about my lifts. I didn't realise I had written so much at the start .
    Last edited by WeekEarly; 10-07-2015 at 04:26 PM.

Friday 10th October 2015
    I forgot to eat a little bit before my workout so I might not have performed as well this time.

FRONT SQUAT
    35x5
    40x5
    45x5

MILITARY PRESS
    25x5
    30x5
    32.5x3
    I did worse than last time which is a little worrying but I think it's probably because I forgot to check on my form and I didn't eat before.

DEADLIFT
    80x5
    I tried 90 but that was a little too heavy to do 5 reps on so I switched back to 80.

DIPS
    0x8
    0x8
    I was tired after the second set so I didn't bother with a third.