teluchubby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need some advice

The summer has started and I have some goals I would like to achieve. A couple years back I was extremely active, played sports, weighed about 160 5"7 and was not fat. This was during my freshman year. During that year, I faced depression due to 3 close family members passing away in the same year. I let myself go, stopped being active and ate very poorly. I started playing a lot of videogames. I went into sophomore year weighing the most I've ever weighed at 217. I noticed the weight gain and decided to get back on top of things. I decided to start playing football again and to start doing cardio. I got down to about 190 5"9. I was still overweight and needed to lose more weight, but I noticed it was a lot harder to drop weight. I have just finished my junior year and I weigh about 183, 5"10.5. I still seem to have a lot of fat on me. The football season is coming up and I would like to be the best I could possibly be. I am attending the summer workouts that my team has. It is Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, only 3 days a week. We do a lot of intense workouts during practice. To warm up we run two laps around the field and then do high knees, bear crawls, shoulder walks, sprints, and side shuffles. We then hit the weight room and the workout we do depends on the day. It consists of bench, inclne bench, front squat, back squat, hang cleans, and deadlifts. We also do about 3-5 1 minute planks and box jumps. We then go back onto the field and run sprints with harnesses attached to a rope that has weight on it and speed ladder drills. At the end of practice we do 10 100 yard sprints (This is only to start, we are adding 1 extra sprint each week) What I would like to know is what should I incorporate on the days I do not have practice. As of right now I and extremely sore after practice but I know my body will adjust eventually and I want to know if I should do something. I'm looking to be in the best possible shape going into my senior year.
    Thanks

SWG42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SWG42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SWG42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SWG42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SWG42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SWG42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SWG42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SWG42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SWG42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SWG42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SWG42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You've done great with the weight loss. Congrats! At 16, almost 5'11" you're still going to be growing for a few more years (and will gain weight) and 183 is not what I'd call overweight. You're active, growing and I assume pretty much past the depression. It's time to STOP looking at the scale now and start measuring yourself by your performance increases (strength and speed). Focus on those!

Post your entire workout (with reps and sets) and maybe someone can comment further but I'd personally leave off-days alone if sore and rest. My only suggestion is to add a row to the workouts.

teluchubby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SWG42 View Post
    You've done great with the weight loss. Congrats! At 16, almost 5'11" you're still going to be growing for a few more years (and will gain weight) and 183 is not what I'd call overweight. You're active, growing and I assume pretty much past the depression. It's time to STOP looking at the scale now and start measuring yourself by your performance increases (strength and speed). Focus on those!

Post your entire workout (with reps and sets) and maybe someone can comment further but I'd personally leave off-days alone if sore and rest. My only suggestion is to add a row to the workouts.
    Mostly everything we do for lifting is 3 sets of 8, the only thing we don't do that for is deadlifting, where we do 3 sets of 3 and cleans where we do 3 sets of 6.