amirshafaie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

10 weeks contest prep! Ketogenic Style!!!

I have been lifting for 3-4 years now. Oh and this is my first log And actually first post on the forum.
    I have decided to do a Men's physique contest next year around August, So I wanna cut down to 7-8% bodyfat and and then clean bulk for a 10-11 months to get ready for my contest.

I want to cut down just so I know the drill for next year, since I have never ever been on a strict cutting diet. Also, I'm sure if I a get a bit leaner, my workouts will improve greatly just because of the visual motivation (a lot of mirrors at the gym). and yes I know, I'm THAT person in the gym that checks himself out all the time.

I'm 20, 5' 9, 178 lbs as of today with 15-16% bodyfat, my goal is 155 lbs at 8% by the end of August

Knowing my body, I know i have to cut the carbs t loose weight.
    So, I'm gonna start a strict ketogenic diet for 14-20 days.

I'll be doing a 4 days cycle:
    Day 1: cardio in the morning
    weight training in the afternoon or night
    Legs and lower back and some arms(dead lifts, squats, leg curls, calves)

Day 2: cardio in the morning
    Chest and back (Bench press, flys, dumbbell press, Dips, rows, pull downs, pull ups)

Day 3: cardio in the morning
    Shoulders and arms (a bunch of different exercises)

Day 4: Rest

Cardio: 300-330 cal (about 30 min) also, I'm gonna add 5 min every cycle
    weight training: 3 sets of 8-12 to failure (and I will make sure to increase the weight at least every 2-4 cycles so I don't loose too much muscle)

Nutrition: I don't count calories because that is just not accurate. now, don't get me wrong, I watch what I eat and I adjust the amount accordingly

I am gonna stop eating 2-3 hours before bed and not eat anything for 2-3 hours after my cardio sessions. The cardio sessions are gonna be fasted obvsly.

I'm gonna have 3-4 meals a day:
    my meals basically consist of
    broccoli (mostly microwaved ) or spinach, sometimes lettuce
    3 eggs scrambled with hot sauce
    3-4 ounces leanest cut of red meat (mostly) / salmon/ or pork
    and 1- 1.5 tbsp of coconut butter
    For those of you obsessed with calories this is about 500 calories

as far as supplement goes: I take 1 CLA cap and 2 omega 3 caps with each meal.
    If i feel under the weather I take 5 gr BCAA and 5 gr BCAA before and after weight training.
    oh and some minerals and vitamins

Carbs: I will re introduce carbs little by little after the first 20 days!!

Last words: Fellows, I need your help to stay motivated, also tell me what you think

JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I think you are making the process of preparing too complicated.
    Since you are a year away from competing you need to evaluate what changes in your physique's symmetry you need of make to be competitive.
    It's not all about being lean.
    I also doubt if you have the experience to diet from 15%-16% to 8% by August and not lose muscle mass.
    How can you visualize training a muscle if you don't know its structure?