sparty3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sparty3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sparty3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sparty3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sparty3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sparty3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sparty3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sparty3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sparty3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sparty3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sparty3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Deadlift too much? Question...

I am starting this workout that has a day that's dedicated to a "Lift" type exercises. So as a core exercise I chose a deadlift. One of the supplementals is a Romanian deadlift. I know they hit some different leg/thigh muscles. My second supplement lift, is a Sumo Deadlift. So here is a question, do I need it? Does sumo deadlift bring anything new to the table? They was I see it, it doesn't. Good Mornings would hit all the same muscles too right? Any suggestions what to add to a lift day other then DeadLifts and Romanian DeadLifts? Thanks!!!

P.S. Has to be done with a barbell!
    Jesus is the only way!

Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sader762 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The deadlift is arguably the most complete full body lift there is. No other lift taxes the body as much.....well an argument could be made for power cleans.....
    AllPro Simple Beginner Routine 4 Cycles
    AllPro Novice Program 3 Cycles
    Wendler 5-3-1 BBB+ and FSL
    5x5 Program

Squat:315; Bench: 260; OHP: 155; Deadlift: 330
    Bench PR 225 for 5; Deadlift PR 225 for 15
    Goals: 1/2/3/4 plate

sparty3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sparty3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sparty3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sparty3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sparty3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sparty3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sparty3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sparty3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sparty3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sparty3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sparty3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Sader762 View Post
    The deadlift is arguably the most complete full body lift there is. No other lift taxes the body as much.....well an argument could be made for power cleans.....
    But the deadlifts alone wont be enough for all the back workout right?
    Jesus is the only way!

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by sparty3 View Post
    But the deadlifts alone wont be enough for all the back workout right?
    No of course not, it only targets some of the back muscles in an isometric contraction which is fine for a synergist but you need to work a muscle through its full ROM with resistance. Deadlift has a lot of spillover but is essentially a hamstring, glute and spinal erector exercise.

You need rows and pullups too. And, I would argue, shrugs.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    No of course not, it only targets some of the back muscles in an isometric contraction which is fine for a synergist but you need to work a muscle through its full ROM with resistance. Deadlift has a lot of spillover but is essentially a hamstring, glute and spinal erector exercise.

You need rows and pullups too. And, I would argue, shrugs.
    I do rows and pull ups on other day. How important are shrugs?
    Jesus is the only way!

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by sparty3 View Post
    I do rows and pull ups on other day. How important are shrugs?
    In my view they are important for long term shoulder health. Do them as heavy as you can with a barbell but do sets of 15-20 reps. Endurance in vulnerable muscle groups as a big asset for joint health.

In my view they are important for long term shoulder health. Do them as heavy as you can with a barbell but do sets of 15-20 reps. Endurance in vulnerable muscle groups as a big asset for joint health.
    thanks for heads up! So I was reading about LOWER TRAPEZIUS and it seems like you need something besides the deadlift to hit it. Like good mornings? Or deadlift is enough?
    Jesus is the only way!

Deadlift and barbell row is enough

Thanshin is just really nice. (+1000) Thanshin is just really nice. (+1000) Thanshin is just really nice. (+1000) Thanshin is just really nice. (+1000) Thanshin is just really nice. (+1000) Thanshin is just really nice. (+1000) Thanshin is just really nice. (+1000) Thanshin is just really nice. (+1000) Thanshin is just really nice. (+1000) Thanshin is just really nice. (+1000) Thanshin is just really nice. (+1000)
    ^^^
    This.

(ffs... "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to SuffolkPunch again.")

Deadlift and barbell row is enough
    I bet this guy did something else
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/imag...ng-guide_d.jpg
    Jesus is the only way!