Location: london, forest hill, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Managon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Introduction to my journey

Introduction

Being overweight is more than just an image problem, it effects every part of your life. It leaves you feeling insecure destroys confidence and leaves moral feeling low. All these things happen slowly so you might not even notice them unless you take a step back and look closely and while it is happening the habits that got you there are working their magic to help keep you there and make it progressively worse.

Now you might be saying why don’t you just stop doing what you are doing and make changes and this is what I want to talk about. For me it was more than just having the knowledge to make the changes I had deep issues that needed to be addressed first. It’s like asking an alcoholic to stop drinking or a drug addict to go cold turkey, more often than not they are doing what they are doing due to a problem and they use their addiction and a form of comfort or to take their mind else wear.

Unlike alcoholic and drug addict’s people with eating problems do not get the same support and so do not look at the problem, yes you get some people who are very overweight who are happy but then you get people that are happy drinking every day or taking whatever they can get over

My main reason for getting overweight was not so much what I had to eat but more due to the fact I did nothing to burn anything and I mean nothing what so ever, the only time I moved was to use the toilet go to bed or make food. I closed my self from the world for a very long time and I was in the same cycle every day.

What it’s like to be overweight

Well I can tell you it’s no picnic, you feel a lot older than you are you suffer from bad skin joint pains a stinking attitude and the worst thing is your inviting Mr death to pay you a visit a lot sooner than he should.
    Imagine not being able to sleep properly because you are too heavy and when you do sleep you can stop breathing for periods of a time due to your lungs being crushed due to your body fat, or having to struggle to get yourself upright to get about the house and even feeling exhausted due to the extra weight and the fact your nor sleeping.
    Now I know everyone looks forward to the summer!! WRONG I hated the summer as I know it meant I was going to be more unconfutable than normal, sweat sores and even more tired great!!
    On the flip side to the summer you have the seasonal cold/flu. Remember what I said stopping breathing when your asleep well this makes it so much worse and remember worrying about if I will wake up at all and a man in his 20’s should not be having them type of thoughts at all.

Identifying the problem

Like most overweight people I went through fazes of going through diets and they failed before they even started most of the time and that as due to not fixing what was wrong. Again everyone is different so won’t go in to my story but I will stress that identifying the problem and dealing with it is the very first step to starting any form of challenge and losing weight is going to be one of your biggest battles of your life. I made the mistake of thinking I can fix both at the same time but I was not mentally strong enough to do that and failed both as a result.
    Once I got my head right my weight was the furthest thing from my thoughts as it was normal to be like this, until one day I got on the scales and it told me I was too heavy for them that’s when I needed to review every part of my life and start making changes straight away.

Getting your diet right and clean

Now I won’t go in to great detail here as I will be talking about this in a lot greater depth but as the saying says you are what you eat and how you carry yourself and what you weigh is a great reflection on that. As a start going back to basics is always the best way forward and that is your 3 meals a day prepared by yourself “and none of that ready meal frozen ****.”
    Like I said I will go in to a lot more depth on diet at a later date as this is more of an overlook of my journey.

Exercise and support

Every overweight person’s nightmare EXERCISE!!! Well get used to it boys and girls you want to get healthy then this is as important as the diet. Having support around you is the biggest help you can have now support can come from many sources. Family and friends is the most obvious one but I also decided I wanted to join a gym rather than be outside or stay indoors where there are too many distractions but again everyone is different.
    The first thing I done was ring all the gyms with in 30 minute walking radius and asked them all the same question “what can you do to help me” now you will get a lot of negative or nothing what so ever but if you are lucky like me you will get the gym that will want to have a chat and give you all the support you need. Now when I say support don’t expect someone to train with every time you’re down there but what I was looking for was a gym where the staff cared about your journey and would put time aside to give pointers or answer questions as and when you needed them, for me this was a big help.
    I won’t go in to detail again but will cover this section more in depth at a later date, but to start you off I aimed for just getting in the gym 3 times a week and if I was in there for even 20 minutes working out that was a big change all ready and increase the time and intensity as you get stronger and more able. After 4 months I am now in the gym 5 times a week working out for 1-2 hours each time.

Slipping

Now like everything worth doing its very hard and as things will work for one person it won’t quite fit another so to start with is going to be trial and error, but don’t let this discourage you and don’t be afraid to fail. The most important thing is to learn from it and get straight back to work and slightly adjust if necessary.

TheDedicated1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheDedicated1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheDedicated1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheDedicated1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheDedicated1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheDedicated1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheDedicated1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheDedicated1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheDedicated1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheDedicated1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheDedicated1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Managon View Post
    Introduction

Being overweight is more than just an image problem, it effects every part of your life. It leaves you feeling insecure destroys confidence and leaves moral feeling low. All these things happen slowly so you might not even notice them unless you take a step back and look closely and while it is happening the habits that got you there are working their magic to help keep you there and make it progressively worse.

Now you might be saying why don’t you just stop doing what you are doing and make changes and this is what I want to talk about. For me it was more than just having the knowledge to make the changes I had deep issues that needed to be addressed first. It’s like asking an alcoholic to stop drinking or a drug addict to go cold turkey, more often than not they are doing what they are doing due to a problem and they use their addiction and a form of comfort or to take their mind else wear.

Unlike alcoholic and drug addict’s people with eating problems do not get the same support and so do not look at the problem, yes you get some people who are very overweight who are happy but then you get people that are happy drinking every day or taking whatever they can get over

My main reason for getting overweight was not so much what I had to eat but more due to the fact I did nothing to burn anything and I mean nothing what so ever, the only time I moved was to use the toilet go to bed or make food. I closed my self from the world for a very long time and I was in the same cycle every day.

What it’s like to be overweight

Well I can tell you it’s no picnic, you feel a lot older than you are you suffer from bad skin joint pains a stinking attitude and the worst thing is your inviting Mr death to pay you a visit a lot sooner than he should.
    Imagine not being able to sleep properly because you are too heavy and when you do sleep you can stop breathing for periods of a time due to your lungs being crushed due to your body fat, or having to struggle to get yourself upright to get about the house and even feeling exhausted due to the extra weight and the fact your nor sleeping.
    Now I know everyone looks forward to the summer!! WRONG I hated the summer as I know it meant I was going to be more unconfutable than normal, sweat sores and even more tired great!!
    On the flip side to the summer you have the seasonal cold/flu. Remember what I said stopping breathing when your asleep well this makes it so much worse and remember worrying about if I will wake up at all and a man in his 20’s should not be having them type of thoughts at all.

Identifying the problem

Like most overweight people I went through fazes of going through diets and they failed before they even started most of the time and that as due to not fixing what was wrong. Again everyone is different so won’t go in to my story but I will stress that identifying the problem and dealing with it is the very first step to starting any form of challenge and losing weight is going to be one of your biggest battles of your life. I made the mistake of thinking I can fix both at the same time but I was not mentally strong enough to do that and failed both as a result.
    Once I got my head right my weight was the furthest thing from my thoughts as it was normal to be like this, until one day I got on the scales and it told me I was too heavy for them that’s when I needed to review every part of my life and start making changes straight away.

Getting your diet right and clean

Now I won’t go in to great detail here as I will be talking about this in a lot greater depth but as the saying says you are what you eat and how you carry yourself and what you weigh is a great reflection on that. As a start going back to basics is always the best way forward and that is your 3 meals a day prepared by yourself “and none of that ready meal frozen ****.”
    Like I said I will go in to a lot more depth on diet at a later date as this is more of an overlook of my journey.

Exercise and support

Every overweight person’s nightmare EXERCISE!!! Well get used to it boys and girls you want to get healthy then this is as important as the diet. Having support around you is the biggest help you can have now support can come from many sources. Family and friends is the most obvious one but I also decided I wanted to join a gym rather than be outside or stay indoors where there are too many distractions but again everyone is different.
    The first thing I done was ring all the gyms with in 30 minute walking radius and asked them all the same question “what can you do to help me” now you will get a lot of negative or nothing what so ever but if you are lucky like me you will get the gym that will want to have a chat and give you all the support you need. Now when I say support don’t expect someone to train with every time you’re down there but what I was looking for was a gym where the staff cared about your journey and would put time aside to give pointers or answer questions as and when you needed them, for me this was a big help.
    I won’t go in to detail again but will cover this section more in depth at a later date, but to start you off I aimed for just getting in the gym 3 times a week and if I was in there for even 20 minutes working out that was a big change all ready and increase the time and intensity as you get stronger and more able. After 4 months I am now in the gym 5 times a week working out for 1-2 hours each time.

Slipping

Now like everything worth doing its very hard and as things will work for one person it won’t quite fit another so to start with is going to be trial and error, but don’t let this discourage you and don’t be afraid to fail. The most important thing is to learn from it and get straight back to work and slightly adjust if necessary.
    Its good u started the journey, just stay motivated daily be patient work hard and good things will happen. Best of luck to you.
    Greatness is a consistent habit not a once in a while thing. www.IllerArt1.com