pwbriney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pwbriney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pwbriney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pwbriney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pwbriney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pwbriney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pwbriney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pwbriney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pwbriney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pwbriney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pwbriney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

What are good freshman football TE stats?

Only in about a week, I will be starting freshman football. I've trained exceedingly hard in both strength and plyometrics to hopefully start as a tightend on the freshman team. I was wondering what I will be up against as far as other kids my size go and how much they bench, squat, etc. I really would like to stand out in the weightroom, and was wondering if these stats are above average for an incoming freshman. I am 5' 10", and 150-155 pounds BTW.

Bench: 155lbsx5 reps
    Squat: 185lbsx15 reps (on a good day, sometimes tailbone hurts)
    Broad jump: 7' 10"
    Vertical: 30" standing, 31" running (can touch rim)
    40-yard: 4.9 seconds

What were all of your stats coming into your freshman year? Thanks in advance!

bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I wouldn't worry about stats just yet. Work on getting bigger, faster, stronger and make sure you eat right and listen to your coaches. On squats go for 8 reps or less so your max goes up but the high reps are good now and then. Speed is good and if you can touch rim that's a plus as long as you can catch. Goodluck with football!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172784881 redtest log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173258571

pwbriney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pwbriney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pwbriney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pwbriney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pwbriney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pwbriney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pwbriney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pwbriney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pwbriney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pwbriney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pwbriney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by bucsdodgers View Post
    I wouldn't worry about stats just yet. Work on getting bigger, faster, stronger and make sure you eat right and listen to your coaches. On squats go for 8 reps or less so your max goes up but the high reps are good now and then. Speed is good and if you can touch rim that's a plus as long as you can catch. Goodluck with football!
    Thank you, I will definitely keep working to stronger. I haven't grown in 6 months though and I'm starting to get worried (and bored of my height haha). And unfortunately I can't squat more at the moment because we don't own enough plates lol

Prumbough will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prumbough will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prumbough will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prumbough will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prumbough will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prumbough will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prumbough will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prumbough will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prumbough will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prumbough will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prumbough will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Nice stats for your age. Eat more and lift heavy.
    ------------------------------
    Bench: 255
    Squat: 275
    Deadlift:350
    OHP: 185
    Patriots, Arsenal
    *Stronger Than I Look Crew
    *Never Wears Condoms Crew

PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500)
    If you were an incoming freshman at my highschool, the varsity guys would look at you, be impressed since you're only a freshman and then continue warming up with your maxes. It's good for a freshman, but remember if you want to start playing varsity you're going against guys who are 17-18 who are much more developed than you. My buddy earned first team all-league tight end last year as a junior and right now he is:

6'1"
    210 LBS
    4.7 40
    300 LB Bench (1rm)
    435 Deadlift (1rm)

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    there is no such thing as good freshman stats. Focus on getting playing time.

Originally Posted by Prumbough View Post
    Nice stats for your age. Eat more and lift heavy.
    Thanks bro, will do.

Originally Posted by PhillipQ25 View Post
    If you were an incoming freshman at my highschool, the varsity guys would look at you, be impressed since you're only a freshman and then continue warming up with your maxes. It's good for a freshman, but remember if you want to start playing varsity you're going against guys who are 17-18 who are much more developed than you. My buddy earned first team all-league tight end last year as a junior and right now he is:

6'1"
    210 LBS
    4.7 40
    300 LB Bench (1rm)
    435 Deadlift (1rm)
    Dayum I never said I wanted to play varsity haha, I was just wondering if I would be able to start as a freshman on the freshman team assuming my football smarts are up to par.

Update: I'll definitely be starting as a defensive end this year, my entire team is scrawny and unathletic aside from a few quick kids. My sorry bench of 185 is twice everyone's max. lol its funny because this is supposed to be a championship team

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by pwbriney View Post
    Update: I'll definitely be starting as a defensive end this year, my entire team is scrawny and unathletic aside from a few quick kids. My sorry bench of 185 is twice everyone's max. lol its funny because this is supposed to be a championship team
    Here's the funny thing. Is still June. And while you are making fun of your teammates others are lifting and growing, you may be surprised come August.

Good luck dominating the JV intrasquad scrimmage. Thats the big league.

amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I was benching 135 for 1 rep when I started football as a sophomore, made varsity. Other sophmores were putting up amazing numbers in the weight room, half of them didnt even start JV. Yes stats matter, but playing ability matters even more.
    "Once more into the fray
    Into the last good fight ill ever know...
    Live and die on this day
    Live and die on this day"

krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by pwbriney View Post
    I'll let you in on a secret. How well you play at your age has stuff all to do with what you lift. If it's a championship team, you may well find yourself on your arse and humiliated by one of those "scrawny and unathletic" kids.