Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45
Results 1,321 to 1,341 of 1341
    phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by addictR3 View Post
    Nice read there. I read after eating my pre lifting oats
    *Trying to stay sane and get back to avi status.

addictR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) addictR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) addictR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) addictR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) addictR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) addictR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) addictR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) addictR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) addictR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) addictR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) addictR3 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by phoenix4444 View Post
    Nice read there. I read after eating my pre lifting oats
    Haha whats the coincidence there.. nice work
    - If you can't explain it simply, then you don't understand it well enough.

My log - The Hungry Cyclist - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168824473&page=1

NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Intermittent Fasting - Eating Window Started @ 1:30 PM

Meals
    Raw Food:
    Blueberries • Peaches

Cooked/Processed Food:
    Cabbage Stew • Green Beans w/ Sausage • Cottage Cheese
    Sausage Links • Turkey Deli

Supplements:
    Bayers One-A-Day

Daily Totals:
    Not Counting On Sunday

Exercise
    None

Comments
    Great day with great food
    Thanks for reading my log

NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hi Matt,

Thanks for the articles.
    I enjoyed reading them.

On the carbs-related article... a couple of questions:

1. I assume that these carbs can be consumed in any form, right? I assume they don't have to be refined carbs, such as donuts, right?

2. The main argument for carbs, in this article anyways, is to improve performance during physical exercise, no? They are referring to exercise and sports performance, not to the body's normal functions. Is my assumption correct?

My daily carbs intake is usually between 50g-100g.
    This is because I get them from fruits and veggies.

Interesting article(s).
    Thanks for sharing.

On the other article...

I feel that if someone needs to wait until they attend a Yale course, before they can answer such a basic question, they really have not answered it!

It is a question every individual asks, in one way or another, on a regular basis, with an answer that may change from situation to situation. It is also a question one can only ask about themselves. How am I going to answer that question for someone else?

As a side note, I don't like Miroslav Volf I don't mean personally, just some of his work.
    One cannot call themselves a Christian and deny the very things that Christianity claims.
    Well, I guess people can call themselves whatever they want

I just think people like Volf, and this article, complicate things so much that in the end the matter is more confusing than it was in the first place.

Just my opinion.
    Thanks for sharing the article.

so looking forward to a time when my clothes don't feel lose every 2-3 weeks, again

phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by NoCarbsNoSugar View Post
    Hi Matt,

Thanks for the articles.
    I enjoyed reading them.

On the carbs-related article... a couple of questions:

1. I assume that these carbs can be consumed in any form, right? I assume they don't have to be refined carbs, such as donuts, right?

2. The main argument for carbs, in this article anyways, is to improve performance during physical exercise, no? They are referring to exercise and sports performance, not to the body's normal functions. Is my assumption correct?

Interesting article(s).
    Thanks for sharing.
    Just a comment on carb intake. I will let Matt answer the questions.

Carb intake is so individual depending on your activity level. But I did notice in the course of my journey that my need for them increased as I got more fit and when I started lifting heavy. You feel fine with getting your carbs from veggies and fruit. Don't change whats working for you now. All that may change as you get leaner, but who knows.

If I am dieting I need carbs pre work out especially anything involving lower body. And carb intake pre workout does not have to be sugary items like candy or poptarts. I do better on a big carby meal of oats, potatoes, or pasta two hours before a lifting session. But I also have employed that sugar fix if I am low carbing or just need a quick burst of energy. I don't think you would want to eat 50 gram of carbs form veggies pre workout. I think it would be a bit hard on the digestion

Again this is highly individual. There are plenty of people that lift and do HIIT fasted and feel great. A desk jockey who comes home and sits in front of the tv doen't need the carb intake of a trained athlete.

so looking forward to a time when my clothes don't feel lose every 2-3 weeks, again

NoCarbs that time will come. It is pretty exciting to feel those changes so quickly though.

Carb intake is so individual depending on your activity level. But I did notice in the course of my journey that my need for them increased as I got more fit and when I started lifting heavy. You feel fine with getting your carbs from veggies and fruit. Don't change whats working for you now. All that may change as you get leaner, but who knows.

If I am dieting I need carbs pre work out especially anything involving lower body. And carb intake pre workout does not have to be sugary items like candy or poptarts. I do better on a big carby meal of oats, potatoes, or pasta two hours before a lifting session. But I also have employed that sugar fix if I am low carbing or just need a quick burst of energy. I don't think you would want to eat 50 gram of carbs form veggies pre workout. I think it would be a bit hard on the digestion

Again this is highly individual. There are plenty of people that lift and do HIIT fasted and feel great. A desk jockey who comes home and sits in front of the tv doen't need the carb intake of a trained athlete.
    Yes, I was referring to 50g-100g intake per day, not pre-workout.
    I feel fine during my workouts. My lifting feels heavier on some days than it does on others. That could be because of the amount of sleep or level of tiredness, I guess. I don't know.

I don't do any type of exercise for the sake of exercising, to be honest.
    I try to do it for fun, and I end up enjoying the non-sport part of it more than the part that is directly related to sport. I don't know how to explain it. It's a bit weird I guess. I try to ride my bike, when I can, just to enjoy the view and the fresh air. Sure, my body benefits more if I work out more strenuously, and for longer periods of time, but I have just as much enjoyment if I ride 8 miles or 18 miles. I try not to make too big of a deal out of that.

I guess if I exercised to get results, or to beat my previous results, I would have to continuously enhance my performance ability.

NoCarbs that time will come. It is pretty exciting to feel those changes so quickly though.
    It sure is!
    Thanks.

addictR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) addictR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) addictR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) addictR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) addictR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) addictR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) addictR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) addictR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) addictR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) addictR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) addictR3 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Yeah pretty much spot on;

Yeah I wouldn't personally be eating any crap before a workout but it can be done, usually something more slow, like oats, beans, etc etc but yes Carbs in any form it really does not matter, the whole GI thing has been busted, if you mix say white bread with a fat source you already slowing down the GI.

Yeah well I look at most things from a sporting/exercise perspective, but I also have keen interest in longevity. But yes from a workout type instance we want to fuel our bodies to perform the best they can. 50-100g is fine, and as Phoenix has said.. if it works for you that is the best part. I've gone through stages on my ride where I'll fast, and use my fat stores, and build slow endurance on that (its great foundation) but when racing or when I need power (say on a 4 hour ride or anything over 100km) I'll carb the night before, or eat on the bike, things like oats, sweet potatoes, just lots of good nutrition but allows me to hit carb nubers etc.

Fruits/Veg over anything processed is always going to be good. But again, the mind set that other foods such a ice cream and the like, can work for you if you want.. just comes down to preference and hitting your numbers I guess.

Matt

My log - The Hungry Cyclist - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168824473&page=1

Yeah I wouldn't personally be eating any crap before a workout but it can be done, usually something more slow, like oats, beans, etc etc but yes Carbs in any form it really does not matter, the whole GI thing has been busted, if you mix say white bread with a fat source you already slowing down the GI.
    and now I have to look up the "GI thing"

Yeah well I look at most things from a sporting/exercise perspective, but I also have keen interest in longevity. But yes from a workout type instance we want to fuel our bodies to perform the best they can. 50-100g is fine, and as Phoenix has said.. if it works for you that is the best part. I've gone through stages on my ride where I'll fast, and use my fat stores, and build slow endurance on that (its great foundation) but when racing or when I need power (say on a 4 hour ride or anything over 100km) I'll carb the night before, or eat on the bike, things like oats, sweet potatoes, just lots of good nutrition but allows me to hit carb nubers etc.
    Yes. You and I are different in that regard I do exercise for fun. That's my #1 and main reason.
    So sports performance is secondary in importance for me, if that.
    I ride my bike, and when I am too tired, I return home
    You, on the other hand, I remember reading that you've done 125 km rides... whaat?

Any and all sports-related benefits are just an added bonus for me.
    I have to be honest. Can't pretend.

Fruits/Veg over anything processed is always going to be good. But again, the mind set that other foods such a ice cream and the like, can work for you if you want.. just comes down to preference and hitting your numbers I guess.
    Yes, I admit that part of the problem, with my NoCarbsNoSugar thing, is a mind set issue. Until I fix that problem, it is better not to touch them at all. I don't feel I am missing out on a whole lot by not joining my family and friends, every time they go for the donut box. Yesterday my mom came over... and the pastries came out... I had peaches and frozen blueberries. For the first time, I got no glances. It was "normal" for me to simply have my own version of "desert".

Thanks for the input.
    Learning. Always learning.

came home to hot, fresh, steaming Rotisserie Roasted Chicken from Costco.

355g serving:
    C:592 F:30g Cbs:0g S:4g P:80g

dude...

whaat?
    not that I'm worried
    just sayin'...

https://www.yahoo.com/health/watchin...032584908.html

Caffeine is wonderful

Interesting to know how it works in your brain.

and now I have to look up the "GI thing"

Yes. You and I are different in that regard I do exercise for fun. That's my #1 and main reason.
    So sports performance is secondary in importance for me, if that.
    I ride my bike, and when I am too tired, I return home
    You, on the other hand, I remember reading that you've done 125 km rides... whaat?

Any and all sports-related benefits are just an added bonus for me.
    I have to be honest. Can't pretend.

Yes, I admit that part of the problem, with my NoCarbsNoSugar thing, is a mind set issue. Until I fix that problem, it is better not to touch them at all. I don't feel I am missing out on a whole lot by not joining my family and friends, every time they go for the donut box. Yesterday my mom came over... and the pastries came out... I had peaches and frozen blueberries. For the first time, I got no glances. It was "normal" for me to simply have my own version of "desert".

Thanks for the input.
    Learning. Always learning.
    OK on the sports side, and exercise. Each to their own I say, also relates to what you eat too, if you want to eat peaches and berries, that is great. If people have an issue with that, its their problem, not yours. Ignore it, and move on FWIW.

I know you say it now, that you cant pretend and you dont like exercise, but I think you'll find a passion shortly, and you'll find yourself researching and diving deeper into the unknown world of exercise :-) Once those endorphins are pumping and you start to get a real boost in mood and positive thinking, I think you'll be hooked.

Talking about long rides; check this baby out

Also to quickly talk about GI, its basically how sugar is released into the blood stream, anything high like dates, watermelon its released fast, but add some protein or fats, you slow it down.. so anyone who says OMG White bread high GI, as if anyone just eats white bread? I'd say you would add some Peanut butter to that white bread, and yeah you slowed down that carb source. Long story short, ignore GI unless you're really taking it serious.

Some more rides

Caffeine is wonderful
    Amen!

OK on the sports side, and exercise. Each to their own I say, also relates to what you eat too, if you want to eat peaches and berries, that is great. If people have an issue with that, its their problem, not yours. Ignore it, and move on FWIW.
    They didn't have a problem with it. What I was saying was that, for the first time, no one even made a big deal out of the fact that I wouldn't have the pastries. They were actually happy that they'd get more

I know you say it now, that you cant pretend and you dont like exercise, but I think you'll find a passion shortly, and you'll find yourself researching and diving deeper into the unknown world of exercise :-) Once those endorphins are pumping and you start to get a real boost in mood and positive thinking, I think you'll be hooked.
    I like exercising, but not the exercise part itself.
    I like the relaxing part of exercise, like the scenery when I ride my bike, and the fresh air.
    Why do I lift in my living room then? I don't know yet

Talking about long rides; check this baby out

Oh my goodness!
    You are killing it.
    To be honest, I can't imagine doing that kind of a ride.
    I certainly WOULD need to eat a lot more carbs to be able to do a ride like that.
    No questions about it.

Also to quickly talk about GI, its basically how sugar is released into the blood stream, anything high like dates, watermelon its released fast, but add some protein or fats, you slow it down.. so anyone who says OMG White bread high GI, as if anyone just eats white bread? I'd say you would add some Peanut butter to that white bread, and yeah you slowed down that carb source. Long story short, ignore GI unless you're really taking it serious.
    I can't tell you how much I have learned in these last few months.
    I love it, and it's just the beginning!

Some more rides

I just KNOW you couldn't complete those rides on green peppers and blueberries alone
    Thanks so much for the input.
    I really appreciate it!!!

Monday, August 31, 2015

No Intermittent Fasting - Ate Freely Throughout The Day

Meals
    Raw Food:
    Blueberries

Cooked/Processed Food:
    Cottage Cheese • Kirkland Greek Yogurt • Fried Eggs
    Sausage Links • Rotisserie Chicken

Supplements:
    Bayers One-A-Day • LiftOff • C4 Pre-Workout • Protein Powder

Daily Totals:
    C:1849 F:68g Cbs:40g Sg:31g P:214g

Exercise
    Lifting Routine

Comments
    That rotisserie chicken... oh my...
    Starting a new log tomorrow
    Thanks for reading my log

End Of Log

Log Start Date: June 1st, 2015
    Log End Date: August 31st, 2015
    Total Lbs Lost: 30 lbs
    Amount of Lessons Learned: impossible to count!

Thanks for all visits, support, encouragement, input, advice.
    Very much appreciated!

My brand new log: “Destination 170’s” can be found here:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...post1388373343

Thank You