Location: Port Talbot, west glamorgan, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Fellowz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cutting nutrition plan for early morning workouts

Hey Guys

ive been trying out various nutritional plans for several months now and i am finding it difficult to get a good balance, i have even tried working out in the afternoon again for the first time this year and i simply don't have the focus or patience for the gym in the afternoons especially after a busy day at work. i workout in the mornings simply because it is quiet, i can get my workouts done in around an hour and it is much more convenient for me with work and other commitments.

i usually get up around 5.00 - 5.30 to get to the gym by 6, in the past i would have 1 scoop of protein and 1 apple the moment i get up but i found i bloat and feel uncomfortable during workouts as i usually take my time with my shakes to avoid the bloating, i also have tired just eating an apple, it works well and wakes me up but i take a while to finish it.

i have also tried fasted workouts, convenient but i do get fairly weak and shaky towards the end of the workout especially on days such as legs and chest where i have exerted myself within the first half an hour where i do my big lifts.

i have never been a big eater first thing in the mornings, it takes me a good hour to really be in the mood to eat anything solid and i bloat very easily.

my usual days nutrition looks something like this.

5.30 - Pre Workout shake (MyProtien MyPre)

7:00 (post workout) 1 scoop Whey protein + 5g creatine

7:15 - 30g gummybears + 5g BCAA, 5g Glutamine

8:00 (this is when i finally get into work) 1 whole egg 3 egg white omelette, 60g oats cooked with Unsweetened almond milk with 1tbsp honey or mixed berries & multi vitamin

10:00 - fat burner supplement

10:30 - 1 scoop whey protein 1 rice cracker with 1 tbsp peanut butter

12:30 - fat burner supplement

1:00 - 250-300g meat (usually chicken or turkey or fish) with 125g rice/cous cous and 125g of steamed veg & multi vitamin

3:30 - fat burner supplement

4:00 - 1 scoop protein 1 rice cake with 1tbsp peanut butter

7:00 - 250-300g meat (usually beef or fish) with 1 baked potato and 125g of steamed veg & multi vitamin & 5g BCAA

9:00 - 170g 0% greek yogurt 1tbsp honey 1 tbsp peanut butter

sometimes i have the 9:00 meal other times i settle for a protein shake it depends if i have yogurt in the house

any suggestions guys?

i mean i eat clean 90% of the time its usually weekends i go off the wagon a little with a sunday roast dinner and a slice of cheesecake or perhaps i go for a full english or something but it is only once a week. i dont drink alcohol and haven't in over a year.

i do roughly 15 mins of cardio prior to my workout and will do perhaps 20-30 minutes more during the day and on weekends.

i currently weigh 87kg and last time i checked i was 17% bodyfat.

i had great success 2 years ago loosing almost 15kg but the weight slowly has been creeping back up and since then and i am having difficulty keeping it off.

is there any differences to working out in the afternoon once youve had a few meals in you rather than in the morning with little or nothing to eat prior?

any help would be great.

thanks
    Last edited by Fellowz; 05-31-2015 at 02:37 PM.

Mooredb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mooredb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mooredb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mooredb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mooredb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mooredb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mooredb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mooredb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mooredb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mooredb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mooredb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Fellowz View Post
    Hey Guys

ive been trying out various nutritional plans for several months now and i am finding it difficult to get a good balance, i have even tried working out in the afternoon again for the first time this year and i simply don't have the focus or patience for the gym in the afternoons especially after a busy day at work. i workout in the mornings simply because it is quiet, i can get my workouts done in around an hour and it is much more convenient for me with work and other commitments.

i usually get up around 5.00 - 5.30 to get to the gym by 6, in the past i would have 1 scoop of protein and 1 apple the moment i get up but i found i bloat and feel uncomfortable during workouts as i usually take my time with my shakes to avoid the bloating, i also have tired just eating an apple, it works well and wakes me up but i take a while to finish it.

i have also tried fasted workouts, convenient but i do get fairly weak and shaky towards the end of the workout especially on days such as legs and chest where i have exerted myself within the first half an hour where i do my big lifts.

i have never been a big eater first thing in the mornings, it takes me a good hour to really be in the mood to eat anything solid and i bloat very easily.

my usual days nutrition looks something like this.

5.30 - Pre Workout shake (MyProtien MyPre)

7:00 1 scoop Whey protein + 5g creatine

7:15 - 30g gummybears + 5g BCAA, 5g Glutamine

8:00 (this is when i finally get into work) 1 whole egg 3 egg white omelette, 60g oats cooked with Unsweetened almond milk with 1tbsp honey or mixed berries & multi vitamin

10:00 - fat burner supplement

10:30 - 1 scoop whey protein 1 rice cracker with 1 tbsp peanut butter

12:30 - fat burner supplement

1:00 - 250-300g meat (usually chicken or turkey or fish) with 125g rice/cous cous and 125g of steamed veg & multi vitamin

3:30 - fat burner supplement

4:00 - 1 scoop protein 1 rice cake with 1tbsp peanut butter

7:00 - 250-300g meat (usually beef or fish) with 1 baked potato and 125g of steamed veg & multi vitamin & 5g BCAA

9:00 - 170g 0% greek yogurt 1tbsp honey 1 tbsp peanut butter

sometimes i have the 9:00 meal other times i settle for a protein shake it depends if i have yogurt in the house

any suggestions guys?

i mean i eat clean 90% of the time its usually weekends i go off the wagon a little with a sunday roast dinner and a slice of cheesecake or perhaps i go for a full english or something but it is only once a week. i dont drink alcohol and haven't in over a year.

i do roughly 15 mins of cardio prior to my workout and will do perhaps 20-30 minutes more during the day and on weekends.

i currently weigh 87kg and last time i checked i was 17% bodyfat.

i had great success 2 years ago loosing almost 15kg but the weight slowly has been creeping back up and since then and i am having difficulty keeping it off.

is there any differences to working out in the afternoon once youve had a few meals in you rather than in the morning with little or nothing to eat prior?

any help would be great.

thanks
    Everyone is a little different. I tried to workout in the afternoon after eating about 1 hour prior and my workouts didn't go well. I wake up at 4:00 am in the morning take 10g of BCAAs and a cup of coffee with 1/2 tbsp coconut oil. Also with a few other supplements. I start my workouts at 4:30 am fasted and I always have good strength all the way through my workouts. I think it may depend upon what your body gets use to. Also I am sipping another 10g of BCAAs during my workout. I really don't do well when I eat before my workouts. However, I eat high carbs on my workout days and then replace my carbs on non workout days with fats. That maybe why I have energy. So to answer your question its going to be different for everyone.

One thing I would look into is carb and calorie cycling. I've had pretty good success with that, I gained 6.5 lbs of muscle and lost 6 lbs of BF in 8 weeks. My trainer put me on it. Also consume your carbs after workout within a few hours. If you are trying to drop BF then you need to be at 20% - 25% calorie deficit based off your TDEE.
    Need motivation and support to reach your fitness goals? Join the 90 Day Fit Challenge Support Group on Facebook. Motivate, support, be accountable, ask question, learn and share your results. Starting January 4th.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/90DayGetFit/.

tucci420 is just really nice. (+1000) tucci420 is just really nice. (+1000) tucci420 is just really nice. (+1000) tucci420 is just really nice. (+1000) tucci420 is just really nice. (+1000) tucci420 is just really nice. (+1000) tucci420 is just really nice. (+1000) tucci420 is just really nice. (+1000) tucci420 is just really nice. (+1000) tucci420 is just really nice. (+1000) tucci420 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Count macros for success. Read the stickies. Meal timing is up to your personal preference and won't affect your body composition.
    *Positive Crew*
    315B / 345S / 435D
    Lifting since May 2013.

Location: Port Talbot, west glamorgan, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Fellowz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    my usual macro percentage is P40% C40% F20% of my daily calorie intake. it does fluctuate a little mostly with carbs and fats but my protein intake remains the most consistent

Mooredb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mooredb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mooredb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mooredb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mooredb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mooredb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mooredb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mooredb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mooredb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mooredb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mooredb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Fellowz View Post
    my usual macro percentage is P40% C40% F20% of my daily calorie intake. it does fluctuate a little mostly with carbs and fats but my protein intake remains the most consistent
    yeah that looks about right... However you might need to adjust the carbs and fat slightly from time to time. You'll have to experiment a little bit, everyone's body is a bit different...but you've got a good base to start with.
    Need motivation and support to reach your fitness goals? Join the 90 Day Fit Challenge Support Group on Facebook. Motivate, support, be accountable, ask question, learn and share your results. Starting January 4th.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/90DayGetFit/.