Page 159 of 162 FirstFirst ... 59 109 149 157 158 159 160 161 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,770 of 4838
    Realclout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Realclout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Realclout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Realclout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Realclout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Realclout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Realclout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Realclout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Realclout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Realclout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Realclout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Cinderblock View Post
    Yeah my Bachelor's and Master's are in Information Systems. I've been doing IT project/program management for ~5 years. Staying internal and simply asking for a job on the AWS team is my easiest path.
    That makes sense you probably don't have the technical background required for high end roles SRS. Would suggest trying to get into a technical roles under the management position you desire which kinda sounds like what you're talking about SRS it seems like some guys are able to be in management roles with zero idea how anything works but i'd say that's very uncommon even if you had a PHD college isn't anything like real life IMO.
    - Keep the misc great again

- Watch my poo flush while holding the plunger to make sure I don't flood the bathroom crew.

- You can be REALCLOUT too VIA the REALCLOUT text GENERATOR sponsored BY miscmathematician SRS

Click here ----------------> https://js.do/caffeinatedlogic/50858

The world is YOURS boyos.

Cinderblock has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cinderblock has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cinderblock has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cinderblock has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cinderblock has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cinderblock has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cinderblock has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cinderblock has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cinderblock has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cinderblock has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cinderblock has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Realclout View Post
    That makes sense you probably don't have the technical background required for high end roles SRS. Would suggest trying to get into a technical roles under the management position you desire which kinda sounds like what you're talking about SRS it seems like some guys are able to be in management roles with zero idea how anything works but i'd say that's very uncommon even if you had a PHD college isn't anything like real life IMO.
    that technical knowledge would require me to be an SME in a specific area. Right now my job is to solve problems for the business that lead to x dollars in revenue or x dollars in savings. It’s usually tool agnostic which doesn’t require deep technical knowledge of specific solutions. For example, my roadmap has several projects that relate to SAP, Salesforce, PowerBI, iOS development etc, and even non-digital process improvements.

Realclout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Realclout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Realclout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Realclout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Realclout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Realclout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Realclout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Realclout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Realclout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Realclout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Realclout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    that technical knowledge would require me to be an SME in a specific area. Right now my job is to solve problems for the business that lead to x dollars in revenue or x dollars in savings. It’s usually tool agnostic which doesn’t require deep technical knowledge of specific solutions. For example, my roadmap has several projects that relate to SAP, Salesforce, PowerBI, iOS development etc, and even non-digital process improvements.
    Yeah, Like I said sounds like lack of technical knowledge is your problem not ability to lead of management credentials that's usually how it is in I.T from what I can tell they usually save those roles for the technical guys to move up into since they know how to help their team and what needs to be done and how to do it so they can effectively manage the project it seems like people with non-technical backgrounds in those roles tend to fumble hard since they can't really provide any support and don't have any grasp on what needs to be done and why and they usually end up BLOWING up the project and turning it into a disaster. Sounds like you're much more so in a how would I say non-technical management role more so related to stream lining operations and looking at ways to save money which is very important and helpful for the overall company but much more so on the administrative side I suppose you could say and making that switch with no technical knowledge will probably be hard but that is how mangamnent is in any industry IMO you can only manage so well without having any clue how day to day operations work and what needs to be done and how to do it not trying to rag on you or be negative just telling you how I see it from my point of the views and IMO one of the limitations of pursuing masters degree and all that other school to become a manager sure you could be a great manager but you don't really need any of it to be a manager up until a certain point and at that point company will probably pay for it technical experience in your field will help you gain higher levels positions more then an MBA ever would IMO.
    Last edited by Realclout; 05-12-2021 at 10:27 AM.

- Watch my poo flush while holding the plunger to make sure I don't flood the bathroom crew.

- You can be REALCLOUT too VIA the REALCLOUT text GENERATOR sponsored BY miscmathematician SRS

Originally Posted by lnvictus View Post
    Itching for another cert.
    Misc choose:

> LPIC 1 (two exams) *
    > LPI DevOps tooling*
    > Linux Foundation LFCE*
    > AWS Developer
    > Linux Foundation CKA Kubernetes Admin*

*Already paid for voucher, just need to schedule and give exam
    Not familiar with LPIC, linux certs seem kinda like some comptia A+ type stuff not that it would hurt but doesn't seem like it would really be useful

Would probably go AWS dev ops IMO theres even a different track for AWS you can start in that mergers to dev ops after the second or third cert.

IMO certs > college any day of the week.

Cinderblock has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cinderblock has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cinderblock has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cinderblock has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cinderblock has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cinderblock has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cinderblock has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cinderblock has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cinderblock has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cinderblock has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cinderblock has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Don't beat yourself up dude. They make you jump through hoops for nothing. I learned my own lesson with Amazon and so when Google contacted me I didn't even bother reply back to go forward with application that I trolled applied for ego boost.
    Which position did you apply for at Google? Are you considering any GCP certs?

SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Misc choose:

> LPIC 1 (two exams) *
    > LPI DevOps tooling*
    > Linux Foundation LFCE*
    > AWS Developer

I choose AWS Developer or Kubernetes Admin. Any reason why you want to get the certs you mentioned?

We got a ******** office being built near me but commute would be brutal, Looking nearby tons of great companies SRS. Saw a nice position I might try for at verizon.

SwimLiftRunGrl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwimLiftRunGrl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwimLiftRunGrl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwimLiftRunGrl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwimLiftRunGrl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwimLiftRunGrl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwimLiftRunGrl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwimLiftRunGrl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwimLiftRunGrl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwimLiftRunGrl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwimLiftRunGrl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Happy Thursday! Finally got a breather from work.

Originally Posted by SynapticCleft View Post
    Yup we absolutely AWS Organizations, it makes it easy to track which business units pays for which accounts and enforces best security practices.
    I tend to ask many questions because I like to learn. Thank you for answering them!

So unnessesary how much I've been slacking. After getting my PMP Jan 2020 and my Master's May 2020 I ended not landing any Product or Program Mgt jobs at the big tech companies like I was aiming for after many interviews, and I've been completely demoralized the past 6 months or so.

My org has a new partnership with AWS, and our internal AWS team is getting huge support from our executives. I'm about to study for SA-Associate cert and try to move into a product role there.
    You will get there. Don't give up. AWS seems the way to go. A lot of stuff to learn. Actually too much stuff to learn in AWS. Lol.

Misc choose:

> LPIC 1 (two exams) *
    > LPI DevOps tooling*
    > Linux Foundation LFCE*
    > AWS Developer

I choose AWS Developer or Kubernetes Admin.
    I agree with SynapticCleft. Invictus, I thought you are studying for AWS Developer already? Didn't you schedule the exam for this year?

For me, I had to deal install dockers with old rh systems with old kernels. A pain in the butt. I have a big project coming up where I have to learn Kubernetes and all the other good stuff. What fun that would be? **sarcasm**

I literally forgot to take the exam. Lost like $75 (voucher from passed exam cut $150 in half price) in the process/for no show. Then didn't reschedule. Maybe will do later in the year.
    AWS is nice because it's not very expensive and they're good certs for today's market IMO about to pay almost 400 for ciscos cert exam.

SwimLiftRunGrl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwimLiftRunGrl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwimLiftRunGrl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwimLiftRunGrl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwimLiftRunGrl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwimLiftRunGrl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwimLiftRunGrl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwimLiftRunGrl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwimLiftRunGrl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwimLiftRunGrl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwimLiftRunGrl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I literally forgot to take the exam. Lost like $75 (voucher from passed exam cut $150 in half price) in the process/for no show. Then didn't reschedule. Maybe will do later in the year.
    Yeah just do it later in the year. It happens. I forget a lot of things too. lol. At least you lost $75 instead of what ever the original price is.

I think it was some sort of system engineer position..can't remember the specific title. Not really, haven't come across a company here that uses GCP so never really though about it. But I do plans of getting the certs at some point as I think that'd be an easy way into Google..if I wanted. Their culture is something I don't ever desire. Them firing conservative employees and being woke company was something that turned me off about Google.
    My friend told me that Google has rooms where employees can nap and food. I guess they don't want their employees to go home. Lol. I do want to see the Google campus though. Very interesting to me.

Going to be scheduling my exam by this monday will probably put it out at least a week to give myself some time to really go over everything before I take it, Hopefully. I don't go full potato and fail. Feel like I am making myself go crazy when I am probably
    over-prepared SRS.

Looking for some second job/income ideas.

Kinda getting bored with current job even though it pays decent. I want to keep this job for another year/two before moving on (to hopefully a federal job).

Anyone got a second gig? What are doable on a part-time basis? I was thinking of Wordpress dev part-time, or putting some LMS sites up to promote IT cert guides/exam practice questions. Not sure this is viable or would be a waste of time.

Also any value in doing these local community college courses:
    Intro to DevOps
    Web dev with Javascript and react

Part of me says let's take it, part of me says just do some udemy courses for fraction of the price..

It's for most IT jobs. They say there's life to work balance and to the point of installing playrooms and sleeping pods to promote this message but underneath it all they want you to work, work and work. If you are in the sysadmin side of things there's no weekend or vacation because there's always one email that need answering because it's coming from boss or boss or the boss or you are in on call hell. The sooner one accepts there won't be any work/life balance if you're, the better.

IMO if the courses don't offer anything on completion like a certification or something along those lines unless you just wanna take them for fun I wouldn't recommend them I am reckoning I will probably learn JSON for automation which will be fun sort of looking forward to that maybe XML and REST too. As for wordpress and practice websites honestly there are so many people already doing that unless somehow you planned to do it differently or uniquely I would say it's a waste of money and IMO most places just use shopify or other simple easy websites I would say MOST people are not paying 10k for a custom wordpress website so I dunno how that would really work and you'd probably need a portfolio and a way to advertise to gain clients as well not IMPOSSIBLE but certainly not what it used to be IMO.

I would suggest really doubling down on savings like cut back on eating out cut back on CONSOOMERMAXXXING and DEBTCUCKING and double down on investing or saving to buy a business or real estate the way that I look at it is I don't want to work since work in some ways is kinda meaningless so I true to work with a purpose and tell myself beyond paying bills working is something that allows me to pursue what I truly want in life so when I go to work I am not thinking about how it sucks and how I have to do this for another 20 years I think about how it's getting me closer to that next rental or buying a business so that I am more financially secure and I don't have to go into work stressed out everyday about getting fired or saying the wrong thing to my boss and pissing him off I would suggest this to you and anybody don't let yourself become to dependent or focusing on working being your reality and a finite state if that makes sense.

SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Looking for some second job/income ideas.

Kinda getting bored with current job even though it pays decent. I want to keep this job for another year/two before moving on (to hopefully a federal job).

Anyone got a second gig? What are doable on a part-time basis? I was thinking of Wordpress dev part-time, or putting some LMS sites up to promote IT cert guides/exam practice questions. Not sure this is viable or would be a waste of time.
    I create courses on stuff like AWS, GCP, Python and others. I also write devops blog posts. I started on Upwork and slowly got my name out there.

Also any value in doing these local community college courses:
    Intro to DevOps
    Web dev with Javascript and react

Part of me says let's take it, part of me says just do some udemy courses for fraction of the price..
    If you have the time, go for the CC courses. I want to do a few courses at a CC near me but I don't have the time so I load up on courses from Udemy, which reminds me I need to check during Memorial Day because they will have a huge sale on courses.

Just scheduled my CCNA 200-301 exam for 3 weeks out ( 06/07 ) feels good BOYOS, Hasn't sunken in yet but wanted to set a date faith enough out so I don't have to stress out right away while still having enough time to study and being close enough that I won't forget to much as well. Been studying since last october on and off and about 3 months ago I was feeling pretty confident but really wanted to put in the work to make sure I passed so I said but july I would schedule and hopefully pass and now I have a set date that I don't plan on rescheduling or changing so I am hoping I can continue practicing and keeping the information fresh in my head while I allow a little time to soak in the fact all my hard work may be resulting in getting my certification VERY shortly.

Feelsgood.exe

dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just scheduled my CCNA 200-301 exam for 3 weeks out ( 06/07 ) feels good BOYOS, Hasn't sunken in yet but wanted to set a date faith enough out so I don't have to stress out right away while still having enough time to study and being close enough that I won't forget to much as well. Been studying since last october on and off and about 3 months ago I was feeling pretty confident but really wanted to put in the work to make sure I passed so I said but july I would schedule and hopefully pass and now I have a set date that I don't plan on rescheduling or changing so I am hoping I can continue practicing and keeping the information fresh in my head while I allow a little time to soak in the fact all my hard work may be resulting in getting my certification VERY shortly.

Feelsgood.exe
    I need to do this for my VMware Certified Technical Associate - Data Center Virtualization 2021 cert. Been sitting on it, got a big week this week. might schedule it the following week to get my ass in gear to just hurry up and get it.

Originally Posted by dcbone30 View Post
    I need to do this for my VMware Certified Technical Associate - Data Center Virtualization 2021 cert. Been sitting on it, got a big week this week. might schedule it the following week to get my ass in gear to just hurry up and get it.
    Interesting, That sounds like a pretty interesting certification. What do you think of it...?! Seems like the cloud is PRACTICALLY based on virtualization so seems like it could be really handy and noticed in a few job descriptions they VMware and want people who are willing to learn or familiar. I have been putting it off for awhile as well as I mentioned in my original post about 3 or show months ago was when it really started clicking after putting in the work for a few months and feel like I was experiencing dunning-krugger like yes I had been putting the work in and I could tell I was definitely learning but was also way to confident for no reason so I held myself back because I knew I would've failed if I impulsively scheduled it so to give myself a hard deadline I told myself I have already been working on the for a few months and I have learned a lot but I wanna put in a little extra effort to make sure that when I did schedule it my confidence was based in reality and wasn't over confident for no reason and I felt like 3 months was more then enough time considering I had probably already been at it 4ish months at the time and I did that because I felt like I may never truly be ready so at a certain point I just need to take the exam and as it's been getting closer to my deadline I felt like I needed to actually schedule because I was really feeling like I was actually knowing the material and not just being over confident but I also wanted to give myself a few weeks just to make sure I had enough time to continue preparing incase I discovered a weak area or maybe started doubting myself but it's unreal I can't even believe I have a date scheduled and within the next month I could become cisco certified and use this opportunity to transfer industries and improve my life 10x now and the future as well since there is was more money in I.T and way more opportunities then what I had done in the past.

2011change is just really nice. (+1000) 2011change is just really nice. (+1000) 2011change is just really nice. (+1000) 2011change is just really nice. (+1000) 2011change is just really nice. (+1000) 2011change is just really nice. (+1000) 2011change is just really nice. (+1000) 2011change is just really nice. (+1000) 2011change is just really nice. (+1000) 2011change is just really nice. (+1000) 2011change is just really nice. (+1000)
    Net engineer reporting in. Who wants me to school them?
    TRUE AMERICAN PATRIOT
    AMERICA FIRST

TRUMP 2024

Pro-PALESTINE
    ANTI-ZIONISM/ISRAEL

JERUSALEM, PALESTINE

deadwoodgregg: What an old loser boomer cuck from East Tennesse, I bet you're so lousy and lonely IRL
    Thank God I do not live in BumFck EAST TENNESSE

***Disclaimer: All posts made by [2011change] are works of satire and made for entertainment use only.***

dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Interesting, That sounds like a pretty interesting certification. What do you think of it...?! Seems like the cloud is PRACTICALLY based on virtualization so seems like it could be really handy and noticed in a few job descriptions they VMware and want people who are willing to learn or familiar. I have been putting it off for awhile as well as I mentioned in my original post about 3 or show months ago was when it really started clicking after putting in the work for a few months and feel like I was experiencing dunning-krugger like yes I had been putting the work in and I could tell I was definitely learning but was also way to confident for no reason so I held myself back because I knew I would've failed if I impulsively scheduled it so to give myself a hard deadline I told myself I have already been working on the for a few months and I have learned a lot but I wanna put in a little extra effort to make sure that when I did schedule it my confidence was based in reality and wasn't over confident for no reason and I felt like 3 months was more then enough time considering I had probably already been at it 4ish months at the time and I did that because I felt like I may never truly be ready so at a certain point I just need to take the exam and as it's been getting closer to my deadline I felt like I needed to actually schedule because I was really feeling like I was actually knowing the material and not just being over confident but I also wanted to give myself a few weeks just to make sure I had enough time to continue preparing incase I discovered a weak area or maybe started doubting myself but it's unreal I can't even believe I have a date scheduled and within the next month I could become cisco certified and use this opportunity to transfer industries and improve my life 10x now and the future as well since there is was more money in I.T and way more opportunities then what I had done in the past.
    It's basically associate/entry level Vmware Certified Professional (the defacto vmware cert). It's relatively new, and if you read around the internet people keep saying just get VCP. The reason I'm not getting VCP is because it requires a 5 day class before you can sit for the exam and the required course costs like $5000. I figured with the free vmware training portal from last years covid freebie deal, I could get the lower level one until my employer approves me to take the big one.

It's pretty good, great as an intro to VMWare going over most of the basic concepts with a focus on Datacenter stuff - not networking or security, but VM basics and how it all works in terms of vmware and some of the bigger features like HA, DRS, replication etc.

It's basically associate/entry level Vmware Certified Professional (the defacto vmware cert). It's relatively new, and if you read around the internet people keep saying just get VCP. The reason I'm not getting VCP is because it requires a 5 day class before you can sit for the exam and the required course costs like $5000. I figured with the free vmware training portal from last years covid freebie deal, I could get the lower level one until my employer approves me to take the big one.

It's pretty good, great as an intro to VMWare going over most of the basic concepts with a focus on Datacenter stuff - not networking or security, but VM basics and how it all works in terms of vmware and some of the bigger features like HA, DRS, replication etc.
    I hear you for 5k I would want my employer to pay for it as well, For the cheaper certs like <1k I don't mind paying out of pocket.

Do you use VMware in your day to day operations at your job...?! Yeah, The data center focus makes sense like I commented above virtualization seems to be a big part of cloud operations.

Going to be scheduling my exam by this monday will probably put it out at least a week to give myself some time to really go over everything before I take it, Hopefully. I don't go full potato and fail. Feel like I am making myself go crazy when I am probably
    over-prepared SRS.
    I think it's better to be over-prepared than under-prepared but you do have to give yourself rest time. You will do fine. Don't put too much pressure on yourself.

I create courses on stuff like AWS, GCP, Python and others. I also write devops blog posts. I started on Upwork and slowly got my name out there.

If you have the time, go for the CC courses. I want to do a few courses at a CC near me but I don't have the time so I load up on courses from Udemy, which reminds me I need to check during Memorial Day because they will have a huge sale on courses.
    Where do you find the time to create courses and blog with your full time job? Sometimes I barely have time to eat. Lol. But that is cool that you get to do all those things. Props to you.

Here are some questions for anyone here:
    1. Is there an advantage to setting up Kubernetes on physical servers vs the cloud? Do you like working with Kubernetes?

2. Which container registry do you like or use? I was thinking of signing up with docker hub to work with containers.

Originally Posted by SwimLiftRunGrl View Post
    I think it's better to be over-prepared than under-prepared but you do have to give yourself rest time. You will do fine. Don't put too much pressure on yourself.

Where do you find the time to create courses and blog with your full time job? Sometimes I barely have time to eat. Lol. But that is cool that you get to do all those things. Props to you.

1. Is there an advantage to setting up Kubernetes on physical servers vs the cloud? Do you like working with Kubernetes?

2. Which container registry do you like or use? I was thinking of signing up with docker hub to work with containers.
    Oh, Yeah. No doubt. Part of the reason why is I want to do it RIGHT from day one I don't have a DEGREE to fall back on SO I want to make sure I REALLY know my stuff well BECAUSE I have a STRONG feeling that they're not going to be WILLING to be very lenient IF they give me a CHANCE and I am a COMPLETE bumbling fool THE same WAY they GIVE breaks to IDOITS just because they have DEGREES. I wanted to NOT only LEARN as much as I COULD for the EXAM but ALSO for when I INTERVIEW and ON the job since THIS is not JUST about PASSING the EXAM this is about STARTING my CAREER and TAKING advantage of an OPPORTUNITY to CHANGE my life and I don't WANT to LOOK like I am JUST trying to GAME the SYSTEM I am VERY thankful and I WANT the company to FEEL proud they GAVE me a CHANCE and FEEL relived that THEY have an EMPLOYEE they can COUNT on with a GOOD attitude and a WILLINGNESS to DO things RIGHT since THEY have probably gotten BURNED so many times and THEY probably already have ENOUGH useless mouth breathers SCREWING up projects I don't WANT to ADD to their PROBLEMS. I HAVEN'T taken ANY short cuts or CHEATED myself in ANYWAY and I KNOW the effort I HAVE been putting in SO I am NERVOUS and STRESS but TRYING not to be TO hard on myself BECAUSE this IS what I have been WORKING towards and STUDYING for and I do BELIVE I will do good BUT I still QUESTION have I done ENOUGH to pass IT takes time and I have BEEN consistent with the PROCESS so I have FAITH in my ABILITY to get the OUTCOME I want I am JUST going to be holding MY breath UNTILL I fingers crossed PASS.

Originally Posted by SwimLiftRunGrl View Post

Thanks to COVID, lots of my plans got cancelled so I was able to focus and hammer out projects. Jerseyfit (OP of this thread) got me into it.

1. You control all aspects of how the data is handled, useful if you have to follow some type of organizational compliance. It is friggin hard though, and a pain in the a** when you have to upgrade. The networking involved to make the nodes communicate confuses me and my background is networking lol. I prefer to use cloud managed kubernetes, I use EKS at work but in my own personal lab im using GKE since I have $300 of free credits. TBH I kind of like ECS more than kubernetes since it's simpler to understand, however ECS restricts me to AWS only.

2. ECR and GCP's Container Registry are what I like to use.

I hear you for 5k I would want my employer to pay for it as well, For the cheaper certs like <1k I don't mind paying out of pocket.

Do you use VMware in your day to day operations at your job...?! Yeah, The data center focus makes sense like I commented above virtualization seems to be a big part of cloud operations.
    Yep I primarily work with VMware, Nutanix and AWS. VMware actually has some functionality with AWS (maybe others not sure) where you can essentially failover from on-prem to cloud natively and you could effectively migrate your entire on-prem environment to AWS with VMWare. The kicker is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ out the wazoo

Yep I primarily work with VMware, Nutanix and AWS. VMware actually has some functionality with AWS (maybe others not sure) where you can essentially failover from on-prem to cloud natively and you could effectively migrate your entire on-prem environment to AWS with VMWare. The kicker is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ out the wazoo
    Interesting, If everything goes well on my exam which I think it should now that the INTIAL shock is subsiding from ACTUALLY scheduling and MAKING the final effort to practice and study as much as I can in preparation ROUGHLY 2 weeks. I will probably start working on SAA-c02 since I will have a few months to kill before being able to switch over and start applying for jobs but SEEING a lot of jobs near me THEY all want a couple years of experience but WHEN I look at the job DESCRIPTION a baby could do it SRS.

BRB must posses knowledge of vlans and NDP as well as familiarity with routing protocols such as OSPF

JUST lol.

CougarP01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CougarP01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CougarP01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CougarP01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CougarP01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CougarP01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CougarP01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CougarP01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CougarP01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CougarP01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CougarP01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Damn, can't believe I just found this thread...looking for opinions...

I'm in the middle of a career switch. Doing WGU - BS in Computer Science program(around 70% done in 9 months) + getting certs on the side...

I have passed Project+(WGU) and Security+ and am now in the process of getting the AWS-SAA. I'm re-entering the job market late this summer, and I'm interested in going either in Cyber, Networking, Cloud, or SaaS Sales...basically whichever picks me first, but more interested in the first 3.

By the end of July my Cert Stack should be Sec+ Project+(WGU) AWS-SAA and ITILv4(WGU). I'm looking to have one more done in August before I officially start looking(I'm out of the country), and am not sure which route I should go....At this point its either A+ or CySA for me. The positions I can realistically go after are internships in Cyber, Cloud, or Networking, and IT Helpdesk spots. A+ seems a little backwards, but I feel like its useful for getting the foot in the door on the Helpdesk, Desktop Support type jobs. Also I have 0 IT experience. CySA seems solid for the internships as Sec+ Cysa+ AWS-SAA cover Cyber, Networking, and Cloud decent for an intern.

Thoughts?? Any insight for someone who is switching into IT? All is welcome
    Last edited by CougarP01; 05-29-2021 at 11:17 AM.
    Hi

Originally Posted by CougarP01 View Post

I'm in the middle of a career switch. Doing WGU - BS in Computer Science program(around 70% done in 9 months) + getting certs on the side...

I have passed Project+(WGU) and Security+ and am now in the process of getting the AWS-SAA. I'm re-entering the job market late this summer, and I'm interested in going either in Cyber, Networking, Cloud, or SaaS Sales...basically whichever picks me first, but more interested in the first 3.

By the end of July my Cert Stack should be Sec+ Project+(WGU) AWS-SAA and ITILv4(WGU). I'm looking to have one more done in August before I officially start looking(I'm out of the country), and am not sure which route I should go....At this point its either A+ or CySA for me. The positions I can realistically go after are internships in Cyber, Cloud, or Networking, and IT Helpdesk spots. A+ seems a little backwards, but I feel like its useful for getting the foot in the door on the Helpdesk, Desktop Support type jobs. Also I have 0 IT experience. CySA seems solid for the internships as Sec+ Cysa+ AWS-SAA cover Cyber, Networking, and Cloud decent for an intern.

WGU, It's over son. Lay down and rot.

jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You can get around the class requirement for your first VCP by taking ICM through an online community college like stanley.edu. That gets you a voucher and the opportunity to sit for the class for like 200 dollars.

https://www.stanly.edu/future-studen...nfigure-manage

Once you have any VCP you can sit for the others without a training requirement. There also used to be a way for people with a valid Cisco cert to sit for the NSX cert which would then let you sit for DCV but I think that likely got phased out.
    "I'm not like most girls." -most girls

Yup Comptia certs are good if you have no IT work experience. I would target NOC or internship roles for whatever niche you want to pursue.

I switched careers to get into IT and internships helped me a lot.

2011change is just really nice. (+1000) 2011change is just really nice. (+1000) 2011change is just really nice. (+1000) 2011change is just really nice. (+1000) 2011change is just really nice. (+1000) 2011change is just really nice. (+1000) 2011change is just really nice. (+1000) 2011change is just really nice. (+1000) 2011change is just really nice. (+1000) 2011change is just really nice. (+1000) 2011change is just really nice. (+1000)

LMFAO AT WGU and has no IT experience.

Its over for you BOYO
    TRUE AMERICAN PATRIOT
    AMERICA FIRST

TRUMP 2024

Pro-PALESTINE
    ANTI-ZIONISM/ISRAEL

JERUSALEM, PALESTINE

deadwoodgregg: What an old loser boomer cuck from East Tennesse, I bet you're so lousy and lonely IRL
    Thank God I do not live in BumFck EAST TENNESSE

***Disclaimer: All posts made by [2011change] are works of satire and made for entertainment use only.***

knightofday has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) knightofday has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) knightofday has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) knightofday has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) knightofday has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) knightofday has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) knightofday has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) knightofday has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) knightofday has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) knightofday has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) knightofday has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yeah my Bachelor's and Master's are in Information Systems. I've been doing IT project/program management for ~5 years. Staying internal and simply asking for a job on the AWS team is my easiest path.
    I completed my BS in Information Systems in early 2019, but haven't done anything with it.

How did you get into IT project/program management? Internships? Or the Help Desk route?

Curious if its possible to skip taking a 50% paycut and go thr Help Desk route lmao?

I work in mechanical systems/Utilities and like it a lot, but certain aspects if the tech world look good to me.

Any advice bruhs? Also, what areas of IT SUCK? Saw someone say Sysadmin blows because on call?

Page 159 of 162 FirstFirst ... 59 109 149 157 158 159 160 161 ... LastLast