Page 154 of 162 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144 152 153 154 155 156 ... LastLast
Results 4,591 to 4,620 of 4838
    SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by scythiss1 View Post
    To the brahs making 100k+ a year. What are you doing to make that much? Currently making 50k a year in IT. Considering going back to school for CS degree or getting some AWS certs. Are you able to get an amazon web services job with just the certs alone?
    I'm in a DevOps/SRE role. Yup certs can help you find a job, but I got my first aws job without being certified. I did know my way around linux so that helped me land the role.

Knowing programming/scripting is a huge benefit in landing a job, if you already have a bachelors degree I wouldn't go back to school to get a CS degree.

If you want to get into programming search for the free CS50 course that Harvard offers on https://www.edx.org/. I primarily code in python, Go, and Bash. I learned a lot of basic python programming from following this e-book https://automatetheboringstuff.com/. The author has a video course on udemy that is only $20.
    Last edited by SynapticCleft; 09-09-2020 at 06:21 PM.

scythiss1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) scythiss1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) scythiss1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) scythiss1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) scythiss1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) scythiss1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) scythiss1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) scythiss1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) scythiss1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) scythiss1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) scythiss1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by SynapticCleft View Post
    I'm in a DevOps/SRE role. Yup certs can help you find a job, but I got my first aws job without being certified. I did know my way around linux so that helped me land the role.

Knowing programming/scripting is a huge benefit in landing a job, if you already have a bachelors degree I wouldn't go back to school to get a CS degree.

If you want to get into programming search for the free CS50 course that Harvard offers on https://www.edx.org/. I primarily code in python, Go, and Bash. I learned a lot of basic python programming from following this e-book https://automatetheboringstuff.com/. The author has a video course on udemy that is only $20.
    Do most aws jobs require a four year degree?

SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Do most aws jobs require a four year degree?
    nope, all I had was an associates degree when I started working with aws.

jerzyfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jerzyfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jerzyfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jerzyfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jerzyfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jerzyfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jerzyfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jerzyfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jerzyfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jerzyfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jerzyfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

This. For me, I didn't get any certs or a four year degree. I just started learning as much as possible. The thing that pushed me a lot was my passion. When I walk into an interview, hiring managers can see my passion. I also do a ton of content creation so people can see my work in the forms of:

1. A public GitHub
    2. I create training courses
    3. I write blogs
    4. I speak at public events (virtual and on site)
    5. I'm active on Twitter
    6. I have a YouTube channel
    *Rest In Peace Dad. I miss you every second of every day 03/13/2013*

*Official Dodge Truck Crew CEO*
    *Official IT Thread CEO*

SwimLiftRunGrl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwimLiftRunGrl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwimLiftRunGrl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwimLiftRunGrl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwimLiftRunGrl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwimLiftRunGrl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwimLiftRunGrl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwimLiftRunGrl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwimLiftRunGrl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwimLiftRunGrl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwimLiftRunGrl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Haven't posted in a while. I have AWS Developer training in a couple of weeks and off I go to take the exam. I am nervous as I read that only a few will pass the AWS exams. My company requires all IT get AWS certified. What was your exam and did you find that the questions pertain to your reading/training material? Any suggestions on how to study the exam greatly appreciated.

I am learning and creating AWS lambda functions now. I like it a lot using the AWS toolkit.

Originally Posted by jerzyfit View Post
    This. For me, I didn't get any certs or a four year degree. I just started learning as much as possible. The thing that pushed me a lot was my passion. When I walk into an interview, hiring managers can see my passion. I also do a ton of content creation so people can see my work in the forms of:

1. A public GitHub
    2. I create training courses
    3. I write blogs
    4. I speak at public events (virtual and on site)
    5. I'm active on Twitter
    6. I have a YouTube channel
    That is so cool! I actually like reading programming books than reading it on GitHub. Lol.

Originally Posted by SwimLiftRunGrl View Post
    Haven't posted in a while. I have AWS Developer training in a couple of weeks and off I go to take the exam. I am nervous as I read that only a few will pass the AWS exams. My company requires all IT get AWS certified. What was your exam and did you find that the questions pertain to your reading/training material? Any suggestions on how to study the exam greatly appreciated.

I am learning and creating AWS lambda functions now. I like it a lot using the AWS toolkit.
    I took the Solutions Architect Associate and Devops Engineer Professional exams. The associate level exams are well covered by https://acloudguru.com/. For the developer associate I would get comfortable with codepipeline, if you have experience with any other CI/CD tools, codepipeline will be similar. It looks like they'll be testing you also on severless concepts so I would study up on Lambda and how to set up decoupled applications with SQS and using Lambda as a consumer.

The AWS whitepapers helped me a lot as well, the exam creators love to take concepts from there and build them into the exam.
    https://docs.aws.amazon.com/wellarch...ns.pdf#welcome
    https://d0.awsstatic.com/whitepapers...ery-on-AWS.pdf

SwimLiftRunGrl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwimLiftRunGrl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwimLiftRunGrl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwimLiftRunGrl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwimLiftRunGrl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwimLiftRunGrl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwimLiftRunGrl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwimLiftRunGrl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwimLiftRunGrl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwimLiftRunGrl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwimLiftRunGrl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I took the Solutions Architect Associate and Devops Engineer Professional exams. The associate level exams are well covered by https://acloudguru.com/. For the developer associate I would get comfortable with codepipeline, if you have experience with any other CI/CD tools, codepipeline will be similar. It looks like they'll be testing you also on severless concepts so I would study up on Lambda and how to set up decoupled applications with SQS and using Lambda as a consumer.

The AWS whitepapers helped me a lot as well, the exam creators love to take concepts from there and build them into the exam.
    https://docs.aws.amazon.com/wellarch...ns.pdf#welcome
    https://d0.awsstatic.com/whitepapers...ery-on-AWS.pdf
    Thank you so much! I paid for some classes at acloudguru.com last year but never finished them because work got so busy. Now they are all expired. Wow lots of stuff to learn. I use Maven to build/package and SAM CLI to deploy my functions to AWS. I just did a quick read on codepipeline on the lambda developer guide. Did not know what that was. Hadoop is so much easier than AWS. Lol.

Thank you so much! I paid for some classes at acloudguru.com last year but never finished them because work got so busy. Now they are all expired. Wow lots of stuff to learn. I use Maven to build/package and SAM CLI to deploy my functions to AWS. I just did a quick read on codepipeline on the lambda developer guide. Did not know what that was. Hadoop is so much easier than AWS. Lol.
    hahah yeah AWS is massive, there is an AWS service for each technology out there, for example the AWS managed version of hadoop is EMR.

hahah yeah AWS is massive, there is an AWS service for each technology out there, for example the AWS managed version of hadoop is EMR.
    Repped you on post # 4758

Nice! I have to look into EMR after all the other stuff I'm learning. We have a pretty good hadoop system at work right now so I don't think we have a need to switch over to AWS for big data yet. What are your thoughts on Ambari for hadoop?

I agree with you on AWS is a beast. Just remembering the roles and different policies to attach to them is a headache. I have not even looked into the other databases they have as I mostly work with Oracle.

As for AWS development, I noticed that it is mostly geared toward js and python. No lambda editor for java. Not sure what happened but after configuring Cloud 9 environment nothing shows up when trying to log in. Very frustrating. Currently using IntelliJ but more of a Eclipse person.

So cool to find AWS people here.

I haven't used any big data tech in a professional setting. The most I've ever done is some hadoop in college and I have already forgotten it all lol.

I haven't used any big data tech in a professional setting. The most I've ever done is some hadoop in college and I have already forgotten it all lol.
    No worries. lol. Thank you for your help.

devilbones has the mod powerz devilbones has the mod powerz devilbones has the mod powerz devilbones has the mod powerz devilbones has the mod powerz devilbones has the mod powerz devilbones has the mod powerz devilbones has the mod powerz devilbones has the mod powerz devilbones has the mod powerz devilbones has the mod powerz
    To the brahs making 100k+ a year. What are you doing to make that much? Currently making 50k a year in IT. Considering going back to school for CS degree or getting some AWS certs. Are you able to get an amazon web services job with just the certs alone?
    Location plays a role in this as well. Understand that chasing that arbitrary number might be getting in the way of you actually reaching that goal. Like jerzyfit said, bring some passion for whatever it is you do. Its really easy to see what motivates people. Just love what you do and remember also that the more places you apply to, the better chance you have of getting hired at your target.
    USMC/USN Crew
    MWC

mrjolly2323 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrjolly2323 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrjolly2323 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrjolly2323 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrjolly2323 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrjolly2323 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrjolly2323 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrjolly2323 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrjolly2323 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrjolly2323 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrjolly2323 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have a question for you IT guys. As someone in college working towards an IT related degree, should I work on getting certs now as well or wait until I'm closer to finishing school?

Originally Posted by mrjolly2323 View Post
    I have a question for you IT guys. As someone in college working towards an IT related degree, should I work on getting certs now as well or wait until I'm closer to finishing school?
    Closer to finishing school or after you have graduated. You should be prioritizing internship because work experience is everything in IT.

mrjolly2323 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrjolly2323 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrjolly2323 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrjolly2323 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrjolly2323 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrjolly2323 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrjolly2323 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrjolly2323 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrjolly2323 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrjolly2323 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrjolly2323 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Closer to finishing school or after you have graduated. You should be prioritizing internship because work experience is everything in IT.
    Thanks, that’s what I was thinking.

el gran santo de estética zSolo's Avatar
    zSolo is just really nice. (+1000) zSolo is just really nice. (+1000) zSolo is just really nice. (+1000) zSolo is just really nice. (+1000) zSolo is just really nice. (+1000) zSolo is just really nice. (+1000) zSolo is just really nice. (+1000) zSolo is just really nice. (+1000) zSolo is just really nice. (+1000) zSolo is just really nice. (+1000) zSolo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just completed AWS Adv Networking, Security, 4 more to go for all 12.

Were all gonna make it b o i s
    black excellence, opulence, decadence.

Cinderblock has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cinderblock has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cinderblock has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cinderblock has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cinderblock has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cinderblock has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cinderblock has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cinderblock has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cinderblock has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cinderblock has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cinderblock has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Starting to get some interviews at FANG. Unfortunately failed one for Associate Product Manager in the 2nd round. I have an interview for Project/Program management this Friday, and it's directly aligned with my prior experience, I'm feeling optimistic.

devilbones has the mod powerz devilbones has the mod powerz devilbones has the mod powerz devilbones has the mod powerz devilbones has the mod powerz devilbones has the mod powerz devilbones has the mod powerz devilbones has the mod powerz devilbones has the mod powerz devilbones has the mod powerz devilbones has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Cinderblock View Post
    Starting to get some interviews at FANG. Unfortunately failed one for Associate Product Manager in the 2nd round. I have an interview for Project/Program management this Friday, and it's directly aligned with my prior experience, I'm feeling optimistic.
    Florida Air National Guard? Diamondback?
    USMC/USN Crew
    MWC

Afiss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Afiss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Afiss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Afiss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Afiss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Afiss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Afiss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Afiss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Afiss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Afiss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Afiss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Passed the cissp exam earlier this week. At no point during the exam did I feel comfortable. When I reached the 100th question I was literally hoping for additional questions to redeem my self from the previous ones, but the test ended. Walked out holding the paper knowing that I had failed, flipped it over and was surprised to see the congratulations on the pass written on it. I completed the wgu m.s in cybersecurity last year and I think it helped out a lot. Over the past 2-3 months I read through the sybex book twice and took in depth notes, along with reading other students experience on r/cissp. I'm going to re-read the sybex book one more time and start practicing on discussing the topics out-loud just to get more comfortable with it for future interviews and what not. The same day I passed the exam I started studying AWS, hoping to pick up the sa cert next. It's weird, for the past 4 years i've been working and climbing up in a NOC but pivoting pretty hard here

Afiss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Afiss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Afiss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Afiss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Afiss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Afiss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Afiss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Afiss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Afiss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Afiss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Afiss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thanks man, yeah I did pick that up as well. Well worth the price, I wont get too detailed but while the questions are different than whats on the exam, it does help for general learning and further solidifying understanding of concepts.

jerzyfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jerzyfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jerzyfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jerzyfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jerzyfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jerzyfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jerzyfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jerzyfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jerzyfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jerzyfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jerzyfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Cinderblock View Post
    You got this boyo

*Official IT Thread CEO*

Digi07 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

All you need to know about what cloud means

Originally Posted by Nostalgiac View Post
    "The cloud" is purely a ****ing marketing term.
    All it means is "someone else's hardware".
    Just sharing the article which help to know the basic knowledge about the cloud in the tech world.
    What is cloud computing and how it help in the tech world and the gaming world.
    I keep on follow their blog for the tech things as well as how tech is upgrading in this world.
    You will be able to get the other blogs as well like AI and how it is helping the gaming world

Janbask Training is the site from where i get the knowledge

dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ooooh chit boys. Just submitted my capstone paper for my Masters in Cybersecurity and Information Assurance at WGU. Light at the end of the tunnel.

In other news:

VMWARE OFFERING 12 MONTHS OF PREMIUM LEARNING (CERTS ETC) SIGN UP BY OCT. 31

https://blogs.vmware.com/partnernews...-extended.html

dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by lnvictus View Post
    Signed up..but don't really work with VMware products lol not sure I can utilize it.
    Fair enough. Free training is free training. I currently work pretty extensively with vmware so I was pretty stoked to find this training.

Passed my AWS sysops exam. Off to get developer and then AWS DevOps.
    Nice man, that's awesome. One of these days I'll snag some certs lol.

*Official IT Thread CEO*

Phew. Masters Capstone passed. Done with school probably forever don't think I'll pursue anything beyond the masters degree.

Hope everyone is having a great week! Finally completed my AWS Developer online training. Anyone had to calculate reads and writes for Dynamo or other RD on the AWS exam?

Also, what is your favorite question to ask an interviewee for System Admin position? I have a couple of candidates to interview but System Admin is not really my area. Not sure why I got put into the interviewers group.

Hope everyone is having a great week! Finally completed my AWS Developer online training. Anyone had to calculate reads and writes for Dynamo or other RD on the AWS exam?
    Is this the associate developer? If so, I don't recall having to do that on the exam, but mines about to expire and surely the exam has iterated a thousands times since I took it.

Also, what is your favorite question to ask an interviewee for System Admin position? I have a couple of candidates to interview but System Admin is not really my area. Not sure why I got put into the interviewers group.
    Basic powershell commands related to the position. Amazing how many IT veterans don't know powershell and it shouldn't even be a gotcha but it is for alot of people.
    Last edited by dcbone30; 10-29-2020 at 01:43 PM.

Originally Posted by dcbone30 View Post
    Is this the associate developer? If so, I don't recall having to do that on the exam, but mines about to expire and surely the exam has iterated a thousands times since I took it.

Basic powershell commands related to the position. Amazing how many IT veterans don't know powershell and it shouldn't even be a gotcha but it is for alot of people.
    Yes this is for the AWS Developer associate. The instructor said that there will be a few questions on calculating reads and writes on the exam so I was just curious to see if anyone had that type of question on their exam. SynapticCleft gave me a good list to study off of for the exam.

Oops Sorry this is for System Admin (Linux). Isn't powershell commands for Windows Server? For example netdom join or Add-Computer? I know some basic unix/linux commands so my questions for the interviewee will be very easy. Lol.

Congrats on your masters! Are you going to go for doctorate?

Passed my AWS sysops exam. Off to get developer and then AWS DevOps.
    Congrats! Please keep me updated here on what you think of the developer exam.

Page 154 of 162 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144 152 153 154 155 156 ... LastLast