Reply
Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. #1
    *YOLO crew* Nole92's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2014
    Age: 27
    Posts: 958
    Rep Power: 535
    Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Nole92 is offline

    Train your metabolism and feel amazing?

    In his book Awaken the Giant Within, Tony Robbins explain that to achieving a healthy lifestyle, you need to achieve general health obviously. He explains that health and training are two different things. And if you want to be healthy, you need to achieve health first and training later, not vice versa and not together.

    He explains that if you answer YES to any of these questions, you are doing something wrong, aka, you are exercising anaerobically while your body is not ready yet.

    Do you wake up in the morning feeling tired?
    Do you feel famished after working out?
    Do you experience wild mood swings after working out?
    Does that same layer of fat hang in there despite your most diligent efforts?
    Do you feel aches and pains after exercising?

    And.. my answers to all these questions is yes, even though I have been working out for a year now. Then why is that? He explains that you are exercising anaerobically while your body is not ready yet. When you start, you first need to start exercising aerobically, and after 2 to 8 months, after you have trained your metabolism to bring oxygen to all your cells, you can start doing anaerobic too. This is because when you do anaerobic exercise you can't properly deliver oxygen to all your cells, and your body basically goes in tilt and stars freaking out and you end up hurting your cells, organs, brain and overall health, that's why you feel tired or even depressed. So, you first train your metabolism and only then you start doing anaerobic exercise.

    Difference between aerobic and anaerobic, the first is any type of cardio where you perform at 60/70% of your ability, not more, if you go higher, you start doing anaerobic, where you basically can barely catch breath, this is when you do strength exercises, weight lifting, running very fast etc.

    This really opened my eyes. I will begin to use his advice immediately, because he's a role model, he never looks tired.

    Any of you guys ever looked at this stuff? Any of you tried?
    'A year from now you will wish you had started today.'
    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    So it goes. Canadiantuxedo's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2015
    Location: Beverly Hills, California, United States
    Posts: 1,042
    Rep Power: 379
    Canadiantuxedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canadiantuxedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canadiantuxedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canadiantuxedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canadiantuxedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canadiantuxedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canadiantuxedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canadiantuxedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canadiantuxedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canadiantuxedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canadiantuxedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Canadiantuxedo is offline
    in b4 bull****
    Is he suggesting 2-8 months of walking on an elliptical?
    I have to return some videotapes

    “There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
    -Some fish guy
    ____________________________

    225 Bench
    275 DL
    235 Squat
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    *YOLO crew* Nole92's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2014
    Age: 27
    Posts: 958
    Rep Power: 535
    Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Nole92 is offline
    Originally Posted by Canadiantuxedo View Post
    in b4 bull****
    Is he suggesting 2-8 months of walking on an elliptical?
    No he suggests 2-8 months of cardio at 60/70% of you max heart rate. He explains it well in the chapter PHYSICAL DESTINY in his book.
    'A year from now you will wish you had started today.'
    Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    Encyclochuzzle chazzy1864's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2006
    Location: Lakeland, Florida, United States
    Age: 35
    Posts: 55,704
    Rep Power: 179214
    chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    chazzy1864 is offline
    What does Tony Robbins physique look like? if he isn't completely f*cking ripped to hell and back, then this entire thing is pointless.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493
    Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    *YOLO crew* Nole92's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2014
    Age: 27
    Posts: 958
    Rep Power: 535
    Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Nole92 is offline
    Originally Posted by chazzy1864 View Post
    What does Tony Robbins physique look like? if he isn't completely f*cking ripped to hell and back, then this entire thing is pointless.
    It's not about being ripped, it's about being super energetic and healthy physically. He says there are a lot of people super ripped but they are not super energetic or physically healthy.

    Anyway, he's 55 and he is pretty huge. But most importantly, he is healthy and ALWAYS super energetic. He's never tired.

    'A year from now you will wish you had started today.'
    Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    Encyclochuzzle chazzy1864's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2006
    Location: Lakeland, Florida, United States
    Age: 35
    Posts: 55,704
    Rep Power: 179214
    chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    chazzy1864 is offline
    His thing asks:

    "Does that same layer of fat hang in there despite your most diligent efforts?"

    So, if he is using his system, he should not have a stubborn layer of fat on his stomach or anywhere for that matter.

    + Do you think that he is super energetic, because his persona and job require him to be?

    I'm sure his advice can help people feel better about himself, but to think of him as some other-wordly creature seems naive.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493
    Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    Adaptation Oriented DannPM's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2013
    Location: Kansas, United States
    Age: 34
    Posts: 1,913
    Rep Power: 15981
    DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    DannPM is offline
    Found the book:

    Awaken the Giant Within : How to Take Immediate Control of Your Mental, Emotional, Physical and Financial Destiny!

    Wake up and take control of your life! From the bestselling author of Inner Strength, Unlimited Power, and MONEY Master the Game, Anthony Robbins, the nation's leader in the science of peak performance, shows you his most effective strategies and techniques for mastering your emotions, your body, your relationships, your finances, and your life.
    I would not take training advice from a blanket self-help book personally.
    Reliable sources of information:
    Alan Aragon http://alanaragon.com/
    Brad Schoenfeld http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/
    Lyle McDonald http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/
    Eric Helms & Team3DMJ http://www.youtube.com/user/Team3DMJ
    Reply With Quote

  8. #8
    *YOLO crew* Nole92's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2014
    Age: 27
    Posts: 958
    Rep Power: 535
    Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Nole92 is offline
    Originally Posted by chazzy1864 View Post
    His thing asks:

    "Does that same layer of fat hang in there despite your most diligent efforts?"

    So, if he is using his system, he should not have a stubborn layer of fat on his stomach or anywhere for that matter.

    + Do you think that he is super energetic, because his persona and job require him to be?

    I'm sure his advice can help people feel better about himself, but to think of him as some other-wordly creature seems naive.
    No his job does not require him to be that much energetic. Most of the self help coaches are not like him. And he is not fat.. the book is 24 years old, he wrote it when he was 31. Now he is 55 and still fit and super energetic. And he does not even sleep much. 5, max 6 hours per night.

    Originally Posted by DannPM View Post
    Found the book:



    I would not take training advice from a blanket self-help book personally.
    He helped many athletes in periods of crisis or bad moments, he helped Agassi when he was out of the top 20 and months later Agassi became #1 again. He helped Serena Williams and many others. He had to turn down A-Rod because he didn't had time. Plus he helped CEO's of multi-billion dollars companies, Bill Clinton and who knows who else.

    He is not a random jambo mambo self help personality. Everyone speaks great of him.
    'A year from now you will wish you had started today.'
    Reply With Quote

  9. #9
    Registered User fulloffat's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2008
    Posts: 2,413
    Rep Power: 6909
    fulloffat is a name known to all. (+5000) fulloffat is a name known to all. (+5000) fulloffat is a name known to all. (+5000) fulloffat is a name known to all. (+5000) fulloffat is a name known to all. (+5000) fulloffat is a name known to all. (+5000) fulloffat is a name known to all. (+5000) fulloffat is a name known to all. (+5000) fulloffat is a name known to all. (+5000) fulloffat is a name known to all. (+5000) fulloffat is a name known to all. (+5000)
    fulloffat is offline
    Op if it helps you more power to you. Everyone can get inspiration in different places. I've read the book when I was starting out in a career after college and found it great for my goals.
    "Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" -Arnold

    Photography Crew
    Canon T5I
    Reply With Quote

  10. #10
    Registered User ajm133's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2006
    Posts: 212
    Rep Power: 1365
    ajm133 is just really nice. (+1000) ajm133 is just really nice. (+1000) ajm133 is just really nice. (+1000) ajm133 is just really nice. (+1000) ajm133 is just really nice. (+1000) ajm133 is just really nice. (+1000) ajm133 is just really nice. (+1000) ajm133 is just really nice. (+1000) ajm133 is just really nice. (+1000) ajm133 is just really nice. (+1000) ajm133 is just really nice. (+1000)
    ajm133 is offline
    full retard
    Reply With Quote

  11. #11
    Encyclochuzzle chazzy1864's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2006
    Location: Lakeland, Florida, United States
    Age: 35
    Posts: 55,704
    Rep Power: 179214
    chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    chazzy1864 is offline
    Originally Posted by fulloffat View Post
    Op if it helps you more power to you. Everyone can get inspiration in different places.
    Can pretty much /thread after this post
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493
    Reply With Quote

  12. #12
    Registered User dmacdonal9's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2012
    Location: Halifax, NS, Canada
    Age: 47
    Posts: 11,531
    Rep Power: 21845
    dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    dmacdonal9 is offline
    It's hardly news that you need to build up your work capacity gradually. However, the idea that you need to do so aerobically before anaerobically seems unfounded to me. Most principles of training argue for specificity and progression, not some kind of aerobic underpinning to anearobic fitness.

    Not saying it's a terrible idea, just that it hardly seems "necessary" in the way it's described.
    Reply With Quote

  13. #13
    Registered User Jayme21's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2015
    Age: 24
    Posts: 11
    Rep Power: 0
    Jayme21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Jayme21 is offline
    Hmm, Seems very good advice for newbies. Especially who don't have proper guidance when they start workout.
    Reply With Quote

  14. #14
    *YOLO crew* Nole92's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2014
    Age: 27
    Posts: 958
    Rep Power: 535
    Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Nole92 is offline
    Originally Posted by dmacdonal9 View Post
    It's hardly news that you need to build up your work capacity gradually. However, the idea that you need to do so aerobically before anaerobically seems unfounded to me. Most principles of training argue for specificity and progression, not some kind of aerobic underpinning to anearobic fitness.

    Not saying it's a terrible idea, just that it hardly seems "necessary" in the way it's described.
    That's what I thought, but he says it himself, 'much of what I say is going to sound incredible because you have been programmed to do what's best for business of big companies'.

    He says you need to start aerobically because that's the best way to train your metabolism to delivery oxygen excellently to your cells. Your whole body, your whole health depends on your cell's health. They need to work efficiently, aka bring oxygen and nutrients and bring away waste.

    When I first started, lat year.. I just began 100% anaerobically. My body does not feels great, I will try what he says and will report in two months from now. The biggest challenge is that I'll have to give up lifting for two months..but health is more important, I want a great physique and a great health, not a great physique and a decent/bad health.

    He says the best exercise for aerobic activity is 30-40 minutes of trampolining a day, but swimming is great too. Running is a decent way but it's stressful on the body when you first start out. I'll personally just do cardio like Insanity and swimming when I can.
    'A year from now you will wish you had started today.'
    Reply With Quote

  15. #15
    Adaptation Oriented DannPM's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2013
    Location: Kansas, United States
    Age: 34
    Posts: 1,913
    Rep Power: 15981
    DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    DannPM is offline
    Originally Posted by Nole92 View Post
    That's what I thought, but he says it himself, 'much of what I say is going to sound incredible because you have been programmed to do what's best for business of big companies'.

    He says you need to start aerobically because that's the best way to train your metabolism to delivery oxygen excellently to your cells. Your whole body, your whole health depends on your cell's health. They need to work efficiently, aka bring oxygen and nutrients and bring away waste.

    When I first started, lat year.. I just began 100% anaerobically. My body does not feels great, I will try what he says and will report in two months from now. The biggest challenge is that I'll have to give up lifting for two months..but health is more important, I want a great physique and a great health, not a great physique and a decent/bad health.

    He says the best exercise for aerobic activity is 30-40 minutes of trampolining a day, but swimming is great too. Running is a decent way but it's stressful on the body when you first start out. I'll personally just do cardio like Insanity and swimming when I can.

    You CAN develop these adaptations concurrently though, there is no need to set aside half a year dedicated to aerobics only. Proper programming and consolidation of similar stressors is the baseline for the programming, but it goes beyond that.

    Even with improper programing, the adaptations from the downstream stuff that comes from AMPK still takes precedence, compounding the case for not separating these completely if you goal is aerobic adaptations alongside strength (long term.) I’m sure he’s a great guy, and if it helps you, that is wonderful. The thing is though, I think there are a lot better sources to read for training than a standard self-help guru if you’re going to heavily recommend it to others.
    Reliable sources of information:
    Alan Aragon http://alanaragon.com/
    Brad Schoenfeld http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/
    Lyle McDonald http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/
    Eric Helms & Team3DMJ http://www.youtube.com/user/Team3DMJ
    Reply With Quote

  16. #16
    Registered User dmacdonal9's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2012
    Location: Halifax, NS, Canada
    Age: 47
    Posts: 11,531
    Rep Power: 21845
    dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    dmacdonal9 is offline
    Originally Posted by Nole92 View Post
    'much of what I say is going to sound incredible because you have been programmed to do what's best for business of big companies'
    That makes no sense. It's kind of a strawman too in that I don't think anyone is necessarily claiming otherwise. Who the heck has a vested financial interest in me doing resistance training over cardio? If anything it's the other way round; cardio bunnies are more financially productive to big box gyms than weightlifters (there are more of them and it's easier to sell to them).

    SAID (Specific Adaptation to Imposed Demand) is hardly the invention of big companies; it's just a training principle founded in academia and based on objective evidence. No one is making money from that one that I'm aware of.
    Reply With Quote

  17. #17
    Cutting Mdenatale's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2013
    Location: United States
    Age: 49
    Posts: 5,641
    Rep Power: 13051
    Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Mdenatale is offline
    Originally Posted by Nole92 View Post
    That's what I thought, but he says it himself, 'much of what I say is going to sound incredible because you have been programmed to do what's best for business of big companies'.
    And Tony Robbins isn't motivated by money and self interest? lol

    What is he basing this assertion on? I've never known him to be a fitness or health expert.
    Reply With Quote

  18. #18
    Bootless Errand ironwill2008's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2008
    Location: United States
    Posts: 85,814
    Rep Power: 1666921
    ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    ironwill2008 is offline
    Originally Posted by Nole92 View Post
    In his book Awaken the Giant Within, Tony Robbins explain that to achieving a healthy lifestyle, you need to achieve general health obviously. He explains that health and training are two different things. And if you want to be healthy, you need to achieve health first and training later, not vice versa and not together.

    He explains that if you answer YES to any of these questions, you are doing something wrong, aka, you are exercising anaerobically while your body is not ready yet.

    Do you wake up in the morning feeling tired?
    Do you feel famished after working out?
    Do you experience wild mood swings after working out?
    Does that same layer of fat hang in there despite your most diligent efforts?
    Do you feel aches and pains after exercising?

    And.. my answers to all these questions is yes, even though I have been working out for a year now. Then why is that? He explains that you are exercising anaerobically while your body is not ready yet. When you start, you first need to start exercising aerobically, and after 2 to 8 months, after you have trained your metabolism to bring oxygen to all your cells, you can start doing anaerobic too. This is because when you do anaerobic exercise you can't properly deliver oxygen to all your cells, and your body basically goes in tilt and stars freaking out and you end up hurting your cells, organs, brain and overall health, that's why you feel tired or even depressed. So, you first train your metabolism and only then you start doing anaerobic exercise.

    Difference between aerobic and anaerobic, the first is any type of cardio where you perform at 60/70% of your ability, not more, if you go higher, you start doing anaerobic, where you basically can barely catch breath, this is when you do strength exercises, weight lifting, running very fast etc.

    This really opened my eyes. I will begin to use his advice immediately, because he's a role model, he never looks tired.

    Any of you guys ever looked at this stuff? Any of you tried?

    "Tony Robbins is an American motivational speaker, personal finance instructor, life coach and self-help author."


    He's a "motivational speaker;" he has no qualifications to be offering training or nutritional advices. And while I have no axe to grind with the guy (he's very clever at making money; I'll certainly give him that much credit), I'll continue to seek bodybuilding knowledge from such accepted sources as Alan Aragon, Lyle McDonald, Jamie Hale, Bill Starr, Dan John, and Casey Butt.
    No brain, no gain.

    You can't out-train bad nutrition.

    Where the mind goes, the body follows.

    Ironwill Gym---updated pics:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388


    Ironwill2008 Workout Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733
    Reply With Quote

  19. #19
    *YOLO crew* Nole92's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2014
    Age: 27
    Posts: 958
    Rep Power: 535
    Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nole92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Nole92 is offline
    Originally Posted by DannPM View Post
    You CAN develop these adaptations concurrently though, there is no need to set aside half a year dedicated to aerobics only. Proper programming and consolidation of similar stressors is the baseline for the programming, but it goes beyond that.

    Even with improper programing, the adaptations from the downstream stuff that comes from AMPK still takes precedence, compounding the case for not separating these completely if you goal is aerobic adaptations alongside strength (long term.) I’m sure he’s a great guy, and if it helps you, that is wonderful. The thing is though, I think there are a lot better sources to read for training than a standard self-help guru if you’re going to heavily recommend it to others.
    Yeah and I'm going to do a bigger research, I'm not going to stop at Robbins now. I'm not promoting him, I just wanted to know if anyone ever tried. I'm gonna try and report. I'm not going to take a lot of time, only two months.




    Originally Posted by Mdenatale View Post
    And Tony Robbins isn't motivated by money and self interest? lol

    What is he basing this assertion on? I've never known him to be a fitness or health expert.
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    "Tony Robbins is an American motivational speaker, personal finance instructor, life coach and self-help author."


    He's a "motivational speaker;" he has no qualifications to be offering training or nutritional advices. And while I have no axe to grind with the guy (he's very clever at making money; I'll certainly give him that much credit), I'll continue to seek bodybuilding knowledge from such accepted sources as Alan Aragon, Lyle McDonald, Jamie Hale, Bill Starr, Dan John, and Casey Butt.
    Well, he produces results. He have more expertise on health and fitness than many doctors that are 300 pounds and have a PhD. Tony is a wonderful guy, he never wants you to just believe him like that, he just says to try it at least. He does not have a PhD but he does have results, he himself is 55 and 6'7'' and more healthy than many of us. Like I said, he have many people, famous people, presidents, best of best athletes, actors (did you know Leo diCaprio was/it's a client of him?), and also all kind of people. It's pretty obvious that he is not a scammer if all these people get results.

    He's not a motivator, that's small thinking, that's just Wikipedia's, he actually does not want to be called motivator, he is someone that brings results. And if people like Clinton, Agassi, Serena Williams, billionaire entrepreneurs, Hugh Jackman, Billie Joe Armstrong speaks so well of him..I gotta give it a try. I'm tired and not healthy after one year of diets and workouts. Maybe he will deliver results, maybe not, but I'll try.

    Anyway, thanks for those names that you wrote (ironwill), will look up to.
    'A year from now you will wish you had started today.'
    Reply With Quote

  20. #20
    Bootless Errand ironwill2008's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2008
    Location: United States
    Posts: 85,814
    Rep Power: 1666921
    ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    ironwill2008 is offline
    Originally Posted by Nole92 View Post

    Anyway, thanks for those names that you wrote (ironwill), will look up to.
    YW.

    And if you're interested, here are a few more top-drawer sources of training/nutrition information: James Krieger , Bret Contreras, Peter Fitschen, and Brad Schoenfeld. All four are highly knowledgeable, but Krieger in particular is absolutely brilliant.
    No brain, no gain.

    You can't out-train bad nutrition.

    Where the mind goes, the body follows.

    Ironwill Gym---updated pics:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388


    Ironwill2008 Workout Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733
    Reply With Quote

  21. #21
    Registered User mikschu's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2007
    Location: Ridgecrest, California, United States
    Age: 35
    Posts: 750
    Rep Power: 607
    mikschu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikschu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikschu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikschu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikschu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikschu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikschu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikschu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikschu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikschu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mikschu has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    mikschu is offline
    Dude, maybe you don't need to think of every activity as either "aerobic" or "anaerobic" but see more of a spectrum where certain activities fall more or less to one side, and go for a balance? You don't even have to use that model. You can see it as generally being active, running, hiking, swimming, biking, playing sports, etc., and training with weights. The weight training is designed to improve your performance and protect your joints because it allows you to train your body through ranges of motion that you don't get on a regular basis with the other activities. I don't think it's a good idea to just abandon it completely to "become healthy". Your body isn't like a theoretical faucet that can only let out either very cold or very hot water at a time, but more like a real life one that you can adjust to some temp in the middle, if that makes sense.
    Reply With Quote

Similar Threads

  1. XNick Edge'sX Workout Journal
    By XNick EdgeX in forum Workout Journals
    Replies: 2484
    Last Post: 02-22-2015, 10:39 AM
  2. What Works For Me May Work For You
    By geoff10000 in forum Product Reviews - Help Out!
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-03-2008, 06:33 PM
  3. gauk and shffl's 12-week transformation!
    By gauk in forum Losing Fat Logs
    Replies: 156
    Last Post: 05-29-2008, 02:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts