Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Dave22reborn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dave22reborn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dave22reborn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dave22reborn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dave22reborn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dave22reborn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dave22reborn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dave22reborn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dave22reborn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dave22reborn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dave22reborn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by NumeroOnce View Post
    Yeah, because your financial situation applies to this conversation about inner-city communities. Saving up making 6 figures a year is different than trying to save up when you work some ****ty hourly job flipping burgers. Hourly jobs are barely enough to pay one person's bills, let alone help somebody with family save up to try to move, while also paying bills.

Well, the ones that can and desire to, do. Those that don't either won't because they don't see the reason to change their lifestyle, or can't/don't know how due to mental health or just a lack of education and opportunities.
    If you can't afford a family, then maybe you shouldn't have a family. And you keep making excuses like usual with lack of education and opportunities. The schools exist, they just don't go, or pay attention, or do the work.

Dave22reborn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dave22reborn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dave22reborn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dave22reborn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dave22reborn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dave22reborn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dave22reborn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dave22reborn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dave22reborn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dave22reborn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dave22reborn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    This is where I stopped reading, since your situation clearly isn't comparable to the average inner-city African American.

People that don't make an attempt to help themselves deserve no sympathy, but the ones that try but don't know how to improve their situation could use help in the form of guidance.
    How mentally incompetent do you believe these people to be? They want to improve their situation, but don't know how? So the state should guide them, and show them how to be responsible adults?

NumeroOnce is a name known to all. (+5000) NumeroOnce is a name known to all. (+5000) NumeroOnce is a name known to all. (+5000) NumeroOnce is a name known to all. (+5000) NumeroOnce is a name known to all. (+5000) NumeroOnce is a name known to all. (+5000) NumeroOnce is a name known to all. (+5000) NumeroOnce is a name known to all. (+5000) NumeroOnce is a name known to all. (+5000) NumeroOnce is a name known to all. (+5000) NumeroOnce is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Dave22reborn View Post
    So once again, you believe that the only minorities that have to struggle, are blacks. And as for working outside of their neighborhood, you're honestly going to say that traveling 1-3 miles away from the hood is to hard?
    2 strawmen so far.

So now you're saying that the people in the ghetto are mentally ill, and should either be in the loony bin, or doped up.
    3 strawmen... I think mental health care should be more accessible to everyone, especially those in worse environments.

Originally Posted by Bushmaster View Post
    Bro I have debated, and I have explained, and I have given you real world solutions, and I have spelled shiit out for you. Over and over and over. At this point you are simply arguing because you don't like me and refuse to listen to anything I say - OR you don't have the ability to understand any of it. One or the other. It is that simple.
    Your solution is "try harder!" My stance is that many people are trying hard, but are still coming up short. "Then move!" Ideally, if they could, they would, but it's not an option for everybody. Society should also be working to improve these areas. No use in having a city so ****ty that everybody moved out and nobody lives there.

"Access" to it? I absolutely do. What they do with it though is another story.. do they go long periods without attending? Not put out any effort when they do? No one at home to put a foot in their ass when they bring home a bad report card?
    I went to an inner-city school. Even if you want to, you can't learn much of anything in those environments.

Not as easily. The poor quality of education in the inner city schools doesn't prepare them for college, and even if they do well in this poor educational system, colleges are unlikely to consider them just because of where they went to high school. And college costs money, which is the crux of the argument to begin with.
    And the excuses continue, it's simple, you save up for college, or you apply for those loans, and pay them off while working in college, there's also community college, etc.

NumeroOnce is a name known to all. (+5000) NumeroOnce is a name known to all. (+5000) NumeroOnce is a name known to all. (+5000) NumeroOnce is a name known to all. (+5000) NumeroOnce is a name known to all. (+5000) NumeroOnce is a name known to all. (+5000) NumeroOnce is a name known to all. (+5000) NumeroOnce is a name known to all. (+5000) NumeroOnce is a name known to all. (+5000) NumeroOnce is a name known to all. (+5000) NumeroOnce is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you can't afford a family, then maybe you shouldn't have a family. And you keep making excuses like usual with lack of education and opportunities. The schools exist, they just don't go, or pay attention, or do the work.
    True, but then the issues of the parents get passed on to their children, who have little chance of doing much better. I've personally seen the difference between suburban and inner-city schools, and they are anything but equal.

How mentally incompetent do you believe these people to be? They want to improve their situation, but don't know how? So the state should guide them, and show them how to be responsible adults?
    Mental health care would go a long way, but I work in that field so I'm probably biased. I'm not even saying we throw more $ at the problem, but perhaps trying new methods altogether since the current ones don't seem to work.

Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Your solution is "try harder!" My stance is that many people are trying hard, but are still coming up short. "Then move!" Ideally, if they could, they would, but it's not an option for everybody. Society should also be working to improve these areas. No use in having a city so ****ty that everybody moved out and nobody lives there.
    You're talking decades for this societal change though... Christ, look at Detroit. Look at Pittsburgh. Depending on the source you look at some say they're slowly coming around - while others have nothing but gloom and doom to say. So for a young person in maybe their early 20's, would you say that on a personal, individual level that it might be better to stick around and hope it gets better - knowing that it might take 25-30 years? Or figure out a way to GTFO? Keep in mind now that it might not ever improve.

I went to an inner-city school. Even if you want to, you can't learn much of anything in those environments
    And that's the fault of the schools?
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177582331&p=1590588471&viewfull=1#post1590588471

#PrayForGoo

You're talking decades for this societal change though... Christ, look at Detroit. Look at Pittsburgh. Depending on the source you look at some say they're slowly coming around - while others have nothing but gloom and doom to say. So for a young person in maybe their early 20's, would you say that on a personal, individual level that it might be better to stick around and hope it gets better - knowing that it might take 25-30 years? Or figure out a way to GTFO? Keep in mind now that it might not ever improve.
    Obviously getting out is ideal, but its not as easy in these areas. A lot of times to get out, it takes so much extra effort that it makes one wonder if it can even be said that everybody has equal opportunities in this country.

And that's the fault of the schools?
    Not entirely, but it's not the kids fault either. Those with potential and a desire to learn that attend these schools can't learn because of the chaos going on around them. There are still problems that exist within the system too. I know in my city the school districts, although it was ruled illegal, are still zoned to encourage segregation. Plus, the better teachers usually don't stay in inner-city schools and flee for the suburbs or private schools. That's why I tend to be sympathetic to the inner city - the problems start in childhood, and if they aren't addressed early they become too ingrained by adulthood, which is typical of many mental illness. Without a decent early life environment, a lot of these kids don't stand a chance to be decent, responsible adults.

Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Obviously getting out is ideal, but its not as easy in these areas. A lot of times to get out, it takes so much extra effort that it makes one wonder if it can even be said that everybody has equal opportunities in this country.
    Again with the 'its not easy' lol... just wow. Bro, if it takes extra effort to succeed in life, then fukit that's what it takes.

Constantly telling someone "you can't because its too hard" is a recipe for perpetual victimhood, and you know it. Unless that's the desired effect.. And if that's the case, then well played.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177582331&p=1590588471&viewfull=1#post1590588471

#PrayForGoo

Again with the 'its not easy' lol... just wow. Bro, if it takes extra effort to succeed in life, then fukit that's what it takes.

Constantly telling someone "you can't because its too hard" is a recipe for perpetual victimhood, and you know it. Unless that's the desired effect.. And if that's the case, then well played.
    I never said they can't, I just said it's harder. How much more effort should one have to give until it can be said that they no longer have the equal opportunity America advertises?

I never said they can't, I just said it's harder. How much more effort should one have to give until it can be said that they no longer have the equal opportunity America advertises?
    Everybody has an opportunity. Everybody.

Nobody, anywhere, has EVER promised an easy ride. Life just does not work that way. It never has and it never will. Ever think that might have been what was driving your arguments all along? That you think everybody should just coast through life???

#PrayForGoo

That sucks, you're telling us that to live the dream requires hard work, and sacrifice, and that you might have to work more then 40hrs a week?

Uh oh...

A studio executive wanted Julia Roberts to play Harriet Tubman, biopic screenwriter says

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/a-studi...enwriter-says/

Where you at rocko?

#PrayForGoo