Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    NumeroOnce is a name known to all. (+5000) NumeroOnce is a name known to all. (+5000) NumeroOnce is a name known to all. (+5000) NumeroOnce is a name known to all. (+5000) NumeroOnce is a name known to all. (+5000) NumeroOnce is a name known to all. (+5000) NumeroOnce is a name known to all. (+5000) NumeroOnce is a name known to all. (+5000) NumeroOnce is a name known to all. (+5000) NumeroOnce is a name known to all. (+5000) NumeroOnce is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Dave22reborn View Post
    Okay NumeroOnce, you keep talking about schools, how would they fix the problem? Because honestly, their schools are fine, they just don't go to school, or care about learning, or doing any of the work.
    The schools don't even give attentive children a chance to learn, which I can say from some experience. But I don't know, I'm not an expert in education, my point was just try to break the cycles by beginning with the children. If this thread wasn't originally about Harriet Tubman I might speculate about it, because we're far enough off topic as it is. Somehow, my first posts pointing out that many of the people on our money owned slaves like Harriet Tubman led us to this tangent, and that Andrew Jackson would be ideal because in addition to owning slaves he promoted a genocide against a native race.

Originally Posted by RIKTER View Post
    Kid, I didn't read about those black inner-city areas or see them on TV…I was a skinny white kid who grew up in the middle of it…and I don't want to be mean/belittling to you, but for people like you, who over intellectualize everything…boy, do they see you coming a mile away because people like you are easily manipulated…you might almost feel like many are reading from the same script…and guess what ...especially if you have a say, etc if their kid gets some form of SSI/disability...
    I'm far from easily manipulated, and I'm not involved in social work. Science is science, and you can't argue against it. Grow up in a poor environment with susceptible genes, and your genes begin to express even more poorly. It's an unfortunate cycle underlying their cycle of societal problems, and mental health isn't as accessible to African-Americans, or anyone really, as it should be. Inner-city environments are worse than most other environments obviously, and in addition to that the people that live there have less access to resources that can help.
    Last edited by NumeroOnce; 05-14-2015 at 10:55 PM.

i'm golfing in my avatar darknessmanX's Avatar
    darknessmanX is a name known to all. (+5000) darknessmanX is a name known to all. (+5000) darknessmanX is a name known to all. (+5000) darknessmanX is a name known to all. (+5000) darknessmanX is a name known to all. (+5000) darknessmanX is a name known to all. (+5000) darknessmanX is a name known to all. (+5000) darknessmanX is a name known to all. (+5000) darknessmanX is a name known to all. (+5000) darknessmanX is a name known to all. (+5000) darknessmanX is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Andrew Jackson was an amazing person and legitimate President. you are talking about a man who's father died before he was born, a man who was captured by the British in the 1780s and made a prisoner of war at the age of 13. then after almost starving to death and seeing his brother die in prison he gets out at 14, his mother dies of chlorea making him an orphan; and this young kid goes on to become Commander and Chief of the world's strongest military.

most Presidents are huge pussies in comparison to Andrew Jackson.

Bullroarer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bullroarer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bullroarer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bullroarer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bullroarer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bullroarer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bullroarer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bullroarer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bullroarer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bullroarer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bullroarer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by darknessmanX View Post
    Andrew Jackson was an amazing person and legitimate President. you are talking about a man who's father died before he was born, a man who was captured by the British in the 1780s and made a prisoner of war at the age of 13. then after almost starving to death and seeing his brother die in prison he gets out at 14, his mother dies of chlorea making him an orphan; and this young kid goes on to become Commander and Chief of the world's strongest military.

Then he went on to conquer half a continent. In any other society, bards would sing epics about him.

If Harriet Tubman replaces anyone, it should be Abraham Lincoln.

Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by rocker1 View Post
    I would encourage you to remove your blinkers and stop thinking ONLY slavery or laws ONLY from 150 years ago the impediment for most of your fellow Black South Carolinians for example.
    Um... wut? I don't think that at all. You and Numero are the ones who keep bringing it up and trying to use it as an excuse.

It is not about individuals, but society.
    Wrong. Life is not a team sport.. I don't get up and go to work everyday for some guy across town that I've never even met - I do it for me. My bank account is mine, my house is mine, my 401k is mine, my investments are mine, my new granite counter tops (yes proud. no brag - maybe a little brag) are mine, my dog is mine, and the boat I'm thinking about buying will be mine if I decide to get it.

Are you honestly going to say you earned your degree "for society?" If you ever scored low on a test, did you feel bad "for society?" Or for rocker1? When you graduated, were you happy and proud "for society?" Or for you and your accomplishment?
    Last edited by Bushmaster; 05-15-2015 at 06:27 AM.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177582331&p=1590588471&viewfull=1#post1590588471

#PrayForGoo

Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by NumeroOnce View Post
    Should they have to accept the culture if they don't want to? Minorities are expected to assimilate, but I don't expect anyone who's relatives weren't brought to the country by choice to have to accept the culture.
    Ok, so not motivated to succeed here because of some 200 year old injustice, don't want to assimilate, and don't want to be a productive member of society here - don't even want to BE HERE?? Only one option left then isn't there... GTFO. Right? Or no..?

So I'm not allowed to claim that saving up to begin a new life in a new country while struggling to get by in America isn't easy?
    Sure, you can say that.. I'm trying to help you solve the problem though. But where there's a will there's a way.. The only other option is to stay here and continue living in shiit - in a place that you hate, don't want to be in, and have no motivation to succeed in. Clear choices when you break it down.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177582331&p=1590588471&viewfull=1#post1590588471

#PrayForGoo

NumeroOnce is a name known to all. (+5000) NumeroOnce is a name known to all. (+5000) NumeroOnce is a name known to all. (+5000) NumeroOnce is a name known to all. (+5000) NumeroOnce is a name known to all. (+5000) NumeroOnce is a name known to all. (+5000) NumeroOnce is a name known to all. (+5000) NumeroOnce is a name known to all. (+5000) NumeroOnce is a name known to all. (+5000) NumeroOnce is a name known to all. (+5000) NumeroOnce is a name known to all. (+5000)

He may have accomplished a lot in an imperialistic sense

Originally Posted by Bushmaster View Post
    Ok, so not motivated to succeed here because of some 200 year old injustice, don't want to assimilate, and don't want to be a productive member of society here - don't even want to BE HERE?? Only one option left then isn't there... GTFO. Right? Or no..?
    Pretty much, but that's easier said than done. If they issue is struggling to get by in America, how can they be expected to have the means to leave America? And I'm sure it's a small minority who actually wish to move from the country. I don't excuse ignorance, but I don't expect them to want to assimilate, although that discussion would require a definition of assimilate.

Sure, you can say that.. I'm trying to help you solve the problem though. But where there's a will there's a way.. The only other option is to stay here and continue living in shiit - in a place that you hate, don't want to be in, and have no motivation to succeed in. Clear choices when you break it down.
    "Where there's a will there's a way" is a cliche ideal, but there's truth in it. My assumption would be that most people don't want to move and start a life in a strange country, but at the same time feel uncomfortable participating in mainstream American society after only knowing the ****ty ghetto you grew up in, and because of the perceptions of racism in America, some founded and some exaggerated.

And just to piss you off, I'll bring slavery back into the conversation, as posting with Rikter reminded me of another point. You don't think centuries of slave breeding had an adverse affect on genetics? Like you said, nobody should use this as an excuse, but it can definitely be used as an explanation.

Natty Beardbuilder wings_unhinged's Avatar
    wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So we add known criminals to our money now? A woman who's best known for stealing property from tax-paying citizens?

not srs

Pretty much, but that's easier said than done. If they issue is struggling to get by in America, how can they be expected to have the means to leave America?
    Show me one single thing in life that's worthwhile that is NOT easier said than done.

I knew a guy in the Army who had the worst case of 'yellow fever' ever. Wouldn't give a white - or any other woman the time of day. And he packed up and moved to Thailand - at the ripe old age of 24. If you want it bad enough then you'll figure it out. Or not - in which case you obviously didn't want it that bad.

And I'm sure it's a small minority who actually wish to move from the country. I don't excuse ignorance, but I don't expect them to want to assimilate, although that discussion would require a definition of assimilate.
    No, you know the definition of assimilate as well as I do. The people in question have to choose though... assimilate and become productive members of society, figure out a way to GTFO if they don't want to be here, or live in shiit and poverty. And like I said, if that's the case then they should not point fingers. We all have choices in life bro - regardless of the color of our paint job. You me, everybody.

And just to piss you off, I'll bring slavery back into the conversation, as posting with Rikter reminded me of another point. You don't think centuries of slave breeding had an adverse affect on genetics? Like you said, nobody should use this as an excuse, but it can definitely be used as an explanation.
    You know what? You only think you're pissing me off, but at the end of the day the slavery excuse/explanation is absolutely not my problem at all. Bushmaster has a solid career with a top company, makes a comfortable middle-class salary, owns a nice home, is thinking about buying a sailboat, and is planning a trip to the beach with his GF for memorial day weekend. Trust me bro, I am not bothered by slavery at all lol.

Those who are, however... That's their problem. Their cross to bear, their load to carry, their burden on their shoulders. And furthermore, if they continue to let it hold them back in life - in the 21st century, even though they weren't directly effected by it, then that's also their problem.

Seriously bro, that's just basic logic and has nothing to do with race. Think about it... if *I* said I was unable to succeed today because of something my ancestors endured 200 years ago you'd laugh your ass off. Wouldn't you.
    Last edited by Bushmaster; 05-15-2015 at 10:05 AM.

#PrayForGoo

Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The purpose of having famous people on money is to increase confidence in the money. Will changing in this way do that?
    “It follows then as certain as that night succeeds the day, that without a decisive naval force we can do nothing definitive, and with it, everything honorable and glorious.” - George Washington

Show me one single thing in life that's worthwhile that is NOT easier said than done.

No, you know the definition of assimilate as well as I do. The people in question have to choose though... assimilate and become productive members of society, figure out a way to GTFO if they don't want to be here, or live in shiit and poverty. And like I said, if that's the case then they should not point fingers. We all have choices in life bro - regardless of the color of our paint job. You me, everybody.
    It depends on if we're talking cultural assimilation or workforce assimilation. Cultural assimilation I hold no expectations, and there isn't much of a choice but to assimilate into American capitalism besides leaving.

You know what? You only think you're pissing me off, but at the end of the day the slavery excuse/explanation is absolutely not my problem at all. Bushmaster has a solid career with a top company, makes a comfortable middle-class salary, owns a nice home, is thinking about buying a sailboat, and is planning a trip to the beach with his GF for memorial day weekend. Trust me bro, I am not bothered by slavery at all lol.

Those who are, however... That's their problem. Their cross to bear, their load to carry, their burden on their shoulders. And furthermore, if they continue to let it hold them back in life - in the 21st century, even though they weren't directly effected by it, then that's also their problem.

Seriously bro, that's just basic logic and has nothing to do with race. Think about it... if *I* said I was unable to succeed today because of something my ancestors endured 200 years ago you'd laugh your ass off. Wouldn't you.
    You seem to get irked whenever slavery is brought up, as if it didn't lead to a cycle of adverse social and genetic adaptions. It's probably an ignorant few who hold slavery directly responsible for their position, but it does cause extra complications that can't be ignored. Sure, everybody should determine their own future, but it's mentally more difficult for some not because of the thought of racism but because of the mental complications living living in a dysfunctional environment can cause, and may not even know how best to help themselves.

You seem to get irked whenever slavery is brought up,
    And I'll tell you why...

Deep inside - in that little place where we all keep secrets, that little place that only you know about - and whether you'll ever admit it or not, you know as well as I do that it's not a valid excuse for anything. We are fifteen years into the 21st century ffs, and here you and rocker are trying to pass off the failures of 'the community' on something that you two have about as much knowledge of as I do lol. Think about it bro.... My ancestors damn near starved to death during the Irish potato famine, so what if I tried to worm that into every discussion, or used it as an excuse for failure?

Tell the truth, not only would you never take it seriously, but you'd laugh your ass off amiright? Of course you would, and I wouldn't blame you either.

It's probably an ignorant few who hold slavery directly responsible for their position
    What say you rocker1? That true?
    Last edited by Bushmaster; 05-15-2015 at 10:28 AM.

#PrayForGoo

Stizzel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Stizzel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Stizzel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Stizzel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Stizzel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Stizzel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Stizzel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Stizzel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Stizzel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Stizzel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Stizzel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    And I'll tell you why...

Deep inside - in that little place where we all keep secrets, that little place that only you know about - and whether you'll ever admit it or not, you know as well as I do that it's not a valid excuse for anything. We are fifteen years into the 21st century ffs, and here you and rocker are trying to pass off the failures of 'the community' on something that you two have about as much knowledge of as I do lol. Think about it bro.... My ancestors damn near starved to death during the Irish potato famine, so what if I tried to worm that into every discussion, or used it as an excuse for failure?

Tell the truth, not only would you never take it seriously, but you'd laugh your ass off amiright? Of course you would, and I wouldn't blame you either.
    It was largely western christians that put an end to slavery. The british especially bent over backwards trying to stop it. They used to patrol off the coast of africa looking for slavers to capture. People would volunteer for this work just because they felt it was wrong.

Also make sure you spend the first 3 months of the year working for Obama or he will put you into one of his federal rape pits. Because we've come so far from the days of slavery.

RIKTER has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RIKTER has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RIKTER has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RIKTER has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RIKTER has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RIKTER has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RIKTER has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RIKTER has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RIKTER has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RIKTER has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RIKTER has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Stizzel View Post
    Also make sure you spend the first 3 months of the year working for Obama or he will put you into one of his federal rape pits. Because we've come so far from the days of slavery.
    LOL federal rape pits!1!

Stizzel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Stizzel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Stizzel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Stizzel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Stizzel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Stizzel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Stizzel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Stizzel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Stizzel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Stizzel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Stizzel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by RIKTER View Post
    LOL federal rape pits!1!
    Yep and dont expect rocker1 to help you escape

i'm golfing in my avatar darknessmanX's Avatar
    darknessmanX is a name known to all. (+5000) darknessmanX is a name known to all. (+5000) darknessmanX is a name known to all. (+5000) darknessmanX is a name known to all. (+5000) darknessmanX is a name known to all. (+5000) darknessmanX is a name known to all. (+5000) darknessmanX is a name known to all. (+5000) darknessmanX is a name known to all. (+5000) darknessmanX is a name known to all. (+5000) darknessmanX is a name known to all. (+5000) darknessmanX is a name known to all. (+5000)
    back to the greatness of Andrew Jackson, honestly though.

so after his brother starved to death in prison and his mother died from disease, he then gained some legal education and made himself into a lawyer. not being from a distinguished family, he had to work his way up through the trenches of country law. so earnest and successful at this was young Andrew, he was eventually appointed Solicitor (Prosecutor) of the Western District- and then as a judge of Tennesse Supreme Court where he served until 1804.

Jackson was just getting started. he showcased some unforeseen investment savvy by buying and selling lots of land, Jackson being one of the three original investors who founded what we today call Memphis, Tennesse. so he had already made himself a wealthy lawyer and respected judge; then and only then, his military career began blossoming.

Jackson was one of the most respected battalion commanders of all time. his harsh advances, always put forth with ruthless decisiveness and almost always successful, earned him an unusual amount of respect from his opponents. The Indian Creeks he defeated at Horseshoe Bend called him Jacksa Chula Harjo, for "Old and fierce Jackson."

in the prime of his career, Jackson did what a whole slew of today's world leaders never could; he eliminated the Central Banking system from American soil (<lil jon>WHAT!!!!</lil jon>). it was reinstalled as the Federal Reserve, only after Jackson's death and retirement. when asked by an interviewer what his greatest accomplishment as President was, the man pulled no punches and in true Andrew Jackson fashion uttered "I killed the bank."

a true American hero.

SiegetankIV is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SiegetankIV is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SiegetankIV is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SiegetankIV is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SiegetankIV is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SiegetankIV is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SiegetankIV is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SiegetankIV is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SiegetankIV is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SiegetankIV is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SiegetankIV is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

"Where there's a will there's a way" is a cliche ideal, but there's truth in it. My assumption would be that most people don't want to move and start a life in a strange country, but at the same time feel uncomfortable participating in mainstream American society after only knowing the ****ty ghetto you grew up in, and because of the perceptions of racism in America, some founded and some exaggerated.

Ok, I don't like it that I don't allways get what I want because life is unfair, do something about it, it is your obligation to serve my needs because somethingsomethingsomething 200 years ago.

You see how reasonable that is?

back to the greatness of Andrew Jackson, honestly though.

a true American hero.
    I respect AJ for his stance on the banks and how badass he was, but he also did some horrible things too. I don't think it's too much to ask for that we idolize people that were way more bad ass and more humane. At the same time, I don't think twice whose on the dollar bill, I just think the argument is legitimate.

Originally Posted by SiegetankIV View Post
    Ok, I don't like it that I don't allways get what I want because life is unfair, do something about it, it is your obligation to serve my needs because somethingsomethingsomething 200 years ago.

You see how reasonable that is?
    There's a difference between excuse and explain... my arguments are for the purpose of understanding, not excusing behavior.

And I'll tell you why...

What say you rocker1? That true?
    Like I said, it's not an excuse, it's an explanation. There's nobody but God to point fingers at for a famine, but slavery can always be attributed to the government, who failed to show any accountability for slavery. Centuries of selective breeding in slavery and growing up in adverse environments explain why some don't have the genetic makeup to extract themselves as easily from their situations as others. Good luck arguing against science. And this is in addition to the social conditions arising directly/indirectly from slavery. You're right, nobody is going to have sympathy for somebody making no attempt to improve their situation, but it helps to explain the extra difficulties they have.

Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have no idea how Andrew Jackson even made it to the 20 dollar bill. As for civil rights leaders, MLK, Douglas or Booker T Washington should go on a bill before Harriet Tubman; though she is a good pick none the less. Jackson himself wouldn't even want to be on the bill given how he feels about the Fed (or how he would feel about it rather), not to mention there have been better leaders - those who don't have checkered past of genocide and extortion (on a domestic level at least) either.

Harriet Tubman is not the first woman on US currency as Susan B Anthony and Sacajawea are on dollar coins just off the top of my head.

Also, I hope who ever mentioned Jackson saving the US via winning the Battle of New Orleans was telling a joke. Too lazy to read the entire thread to see if they were just joshing, but given this section's lack of history knowledge I wouldn't be surprised if people actually thought the Battle of New Orleans actually meant something.
    Access the gun's off the earth axis
    Axis of evil, the eagle will leave your hat split
    Ruck flow is like "**** you, Gawd"
    I don't wanna rhyme, I need a construction job

- Sean Price

Like I said, it's not an excuse, it's an explanation. There's nobody but God to point fingers at for a famine, but slavery can always be attributed to the government, who failed to show any accountability for slavery. Centuries of selective breeding in slavery and growing up in adverse environments explain why some don't have the genetic makeup to extract themselves as easily from their situations as others. Good luck arguing against science. And this is in addition to the social conditions arising directly/indirectly from slavery. You're right, nobody is going to have sympathy for somebody making no attempt to improve their situation, but it helps to explain the extra difficulties they have.
    Ok, so lets say you're right. You've identified the problem... Slavery. And lets also say that really is what's at the heart of all of Baltimore's 21st century woes.

Lets talk solutions now. And you obviously disagree with my personal and individual responsibility approach, so what say you? It's broke. So fix it.

#PrayForGoo

Originally Posted by Mrs Grudge View Post
    I have no idea how Andrew Jackson even made it to the 20 dollar bill. As for civil rights leaders, MLK, Douglas or Booker T Washington should go on a bill before Harriet Tubman; though she is a good pick none the less. Jackson himself wouldn't even want to be on the bill given how he feels about the Fed (or how he would feel about it rather), not to mention there have been better leaders - those who don't have checkered past of genocide and extortion (on a domestic level at least) either.

Harriet Tubman is not the first woman on US currency as Susan B Anthony and Sacajawea are on dollar coins just off the top of my head.
    Ehhh... why not kill two birds with one stone and appeal to minorities and women with Harriet Tubman? Good point about Jackson probably not even wanting to be on the currency due to his stance regarding banks.

Ok, so lets say you're right. You've identified the problem... Slavery. And lets also say that really is what's at the heart of all of Baltimore's 21st century woes.

Lets talk solutions now. And you obviously disagree with my personal and individual responsibility approach, so what say you? It's broke. So fix it.
    Science is usually hard to argue against, so I think I'm accurate in that respect of my argument.

Personal responsibility is a part of the solution. I'm not saying I have the solutions off the top of my head. If this topic were it's own thread I'd give it some more thought. Like I said, target the children before maladaptive behaviors set in, that's probably where I'd start.

Personal responsibility is a part of the solution. I'm not saying I have the solutions off the top of my head. If this topic were it's own thread I'd give it some more thought. Like I said, target the children before maladaptive behaviors set in, that's probably where I'd start.
    So in other words all this happy horseshiit about slavery was just that... horseshiit. A problem like Baltimore pops up with much rage, along with wailing and gnashing of teeth and the typical excuses get flung against the wall... "Teh poverty!" "The slavery!"

Then when pressed on it, and given the chance to offer a solution you clam up about it.. "Geee Wally, I dunno."

Keep pointing those fingers and making excuses brah. That's really served the people in question well since slavery ended, so why not milk it for another 200 years.

#PrayForGoo

So in other words all this happy horseshiit about slavery was just that... horseshiit. A problem like Baltimore pops up with much rage, along with wailing and gnashing of teeth and the typical excuses get flung against the wall... "Teh poverty!" "The slavery!"

Then when pressed on it, and given the chance to offer a solution you clam up about it.. "Geee Wally, I dunno."

Keep pointing those fingers and making excuses brah. That's really served the people in question well since slavery ended, so why not milk it for another 200 years.
    Let's be realty, you're just pissy because I said "old, dead, white, likely racist males" could be replaced by less controversial, more diverse figures. This thread was about Harriet Tubman, not what changes need to be made in the black community. I'm not the one who set us off on this tangent - that was you and Dave22. I've said plenty of times I'm not making excuses, just explanations. Slavery is a legitimate explanation for black hardships with scientific support demonstrating its negative affect on the mental health of African-Americans (across generations and across a single lifetime), and to a lesser extent slavery created a chain of events that led to societal problems, especially in the south.

"But...but... they should stop making excuses and change their way of thinking!" Probably right, but when you're born with faulty genes and experience an adverse upbringing that corrupts your genes even further, that makes things even more difficult than it would be compared to the rest of the population. You can try to argue against science if you want, but I'm not picking up this discussion unless it's in its own thread.

Let's be realty, you're just pissy because I said "old, dead, white, likely racist males" could be replaced by less controversial, more diverse figures.
    ..He says after I told him to put Richard Pryor on the $20 bill lol.

You're grabbing at straws bro.

#PrayForGoo

..He says after I told him to put Richard Pryor on the $20 bill lol.

You're grabbing at straws bro.
    You're right, that was actually Nutsy who ironically tried to call me racist for that statement. My fault, I get my conservative nutjobs mixed up sometimes

You're right, that was actually Nutsy who ironically tried to call me racist for that statement. My fault, I get my conservative nutjobs mixed up sometimes
    You can get us mixed up, you can call us nutjobs, you can call us bigots, you can call us ass_holes, you can call us racists... whatever it is that makes you feel better. In fact, if you call me a racistbigot*******douchebagfromhell I will absolutely rep you for it. Dead serious.

But...

At the end of the day....

What?

Is any of that going to solve any problem, anywhere, and of any kind?

Bro, you argued about these after effects of slavery for a couple of pages. From this angle - from that angle. Its not an excuse, it's an explanation.. Finally I gave you the chance to offer a solution. And in return... stone cold crickets chirping. "I dunno."

This entire discussion - from beginning to right this very minute has put on display what a lot of people say... that there are people who take the path of least resistance. Who would rather point fingers rather than solve an actual fuking problem in their life.

And before any overly sensitive SJW mod reads that and bans me again, I've told the exact same thing to some lazy ass relatives more than once.. It is a hard, cruel world out there and it does not give one single fuk about any hardship that you experience. No matter the source of it, and no matter how long ago it was.

Now.. reps in exchange for insults. Have at it. Better hurry before iceman bans me again.
    Last edited by Bushmaster; 05-15-2015 at 02:53 PM.

#PrayForGoo

Bro, you argued about these after effects of slavery for a couple of pages. From this angle - from that angle. Its not an excuse, it's an explanation.. Finally I gave you the chance to offer a solution. And in return... stone cold crickets chirping. "I dunno."
    We were on a tangent that was far enough away from the topic of the OP, I didn't want to continue. Create a thread about solutions for the black community, and I'll be there by the end of the first page, I promise. Other than that, I'm not going to contemplate solutions, although I gave you one; target the changes in childhood.

This entire discussion - from beginning to right this very minute has put on display what a lot of people say... that there are people who take the path of least resistance. Who would rather point fingers rather than solve an actual fuking problem in their life.

And before any overly sensitive SJW mod reads that and bans me again, I've told the exact same thing to some lazy ass relatives more than once.. It is a hard, cruel world out there and it does not give one single fuk about any hardship that you experience. No matter the source of it, and no matter how long ago it was.

Now.. reps in exchange for insults. Have at it. Better hurry before iceman bans me again.
    Of course there are lazy people, but you seem to apply that to the entire black community. Some people are giving it their all and it's still not enough. Others sit on their ass and complain, and that's definitely not enough.

Whose pointing fingers? Me? I'm mostly an outside observer, demonstrating why some people have a right to hold the government partially responsible, but I don't think they should fall back on that as an excuse to not strive for self-determination. If I saw somebody saying "I shouldn't have to do anything because..." and listed the reasons I gave, I'd argue with them and tell them to stop being lazy as well.

Sorry for bringing science to the argument as it seems to be going over your head, but it's true, and it's a fact I've offended a few black people with: breeding in slavery corrupted their genes, and genes are continually corrupted in dysfunctional environments. No matter how hard you try, you can't argue against that.

Want to know what else science says? Conservative alignment, bigotry, and low IQ are linked

Want to know what else science says? Conservative alignment, bigotry, and low IQ are linked
    Want to see the boat that I'm thinking about buying?

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/boa/4981360839.html

Its used.... Can't afford a new one because my ancestors almost died in a famine 200 years ago. Life is hard..

#PrayForGoo

SiegetankIV is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SiegetankIV is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SiegetankIV is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SiegetankIV is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SiegetankIV is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SiegetankIV is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SiegetankIV is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SiegetankIV is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SiegetankIV is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SiegetankIV is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SiegetankIV is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Want to see the boat that I'm thinking about buying?

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/boa/4981360839.html

Its used.... Can't afford a new one because my ancestors almost died in a famine 200 years ago. Life is hard..
    **** dude, my ancestors were systematically oppressed by predatory animals, know how your feeling, could not reach my full potential because of that pack of wolfs priviledging the **** out of Greatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreat[...]grand-dad Shagga.

Dave22reborn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dave22reborn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dave22reborn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dave22reborn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dave22reborn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dave22reborn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dave22reborn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dave22reborn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dave22reborn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dave22reborn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dave22reborn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Let me get this straight, their genetics are messed up from slavery?

Originally Posted by Dave22reborn View Post
    Let me get this straight, their genetics are messed up from slavery?
    Said no NFL, NBA, or MLB team ever.

#PrayForGoo