umirinsrs is on a distinguished road. (+10)

cut or bulk? i'm lost.

hello. i'm struggling here. i'm a long time lifter and due to an accident, had to stop lifting a long time. i didn't lose much mass, but i gained a ton of fat. i used to be 10-12% bodyfat.

the past six months i have been trying to lose fat but i no longer have the discipline to do it. i've tried all kinds of diets - 700 calorie deficit, 500 calorie deficit, PSMF, IF, but i'm not able to stay consistent since I have too much free time. i cheat too much.

i am wondering if i would be better off bulking for a while because i am pretty consistent with that. what are my options? anyone have a bodyfat estimate?

5'8" 173lbs here, 35" waist.

just add an h at the beginning of each link below.

ttps://i.ibb.co/F3SY4pb/1-Copy.jpg
    ttps://i.ibb.co/dGf93Hs/2-Copy.jpg
    ttps://i.ibb.co/VtJmKwt/3-Copy.jpg
    ttps://i.ibb.co/Gdj7SQN/4-Copy.jpg
    ttps://i.ibb.co/zxwqPtr/5-Copy.jpg

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by umirinsrs View Post
    hello. i'm struggling here. i'm a long time lifter and due to an accident, had to stop lifting a long time. i didn't lose much mass, but i gained a ton of fat. i used to be 10-12% bodyfat.

the past six months i have been trying to lose fat but i no longer have the discipline to do it. i've tried all kinds of diets - 700 calorie deficit, 500 calorie deficit, PSMF, IF, but i'm not able to stay consistent since I have too much free time. i cheat too much.

i am wondering if i would be better off bulking for a while because i am pretty consistent with that. what are my options? anyone have a bodyfat estimate?

5'8" 173lbs here, 35" waist.

just add an h at the beginning of each link below.

ttps://i.ibb.co/F3SY4pb/1-Copy.jpg
    ttps://i.ibb.co/dGf93Hs/2-Copy.jpg
    ttps://i.ibb.co/VtJmKwt/3-Copy.jpg
    ttps://i.ibb.co/Gdj7SQN/4-Copy.jpg
    ttps://i.ibb.co/zxwqPtr/5-Copy.jpg

I didn't look but a couple of things..

If you are a longtime lifter, shouldn't you be able to answer this question for yourself?

What does the Mirror tell you?

Why does the Body Fat % mean so much to you?
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

umirinsrs is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    I didn't look but a couple of things..

If you are a longtime lifter, shouldn't you be able to answer this question for yourself?

What does the Mirror tell you?

Why does the Body Fat % mean so much to you?
    bodyfat % doesn't mean anything, i was just curious.

the mirror tells me to cut, however i have been failing at that miserably. i'm wondering if i just need to put on some mass and stay consistent for a while before i think of cutting.

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by umirinsrs View Post
    bodyfat % doesn't mean anything, i was just curious.

the mirror tells me to cut, however i have been failing at that miserably. i'm wondering if i just need to put on some mass and stay consistent for a while before i think of cutting.

Here's my 2 coppers...

If you are having a hard time losing weight now.

It won't be any easier when you put on more weight. In fact it will be more difficult.

Nutrition is a big deal in this game, If I were you, I would get on that now and drop the weight while getting the nutrition in check.

When that is done you should have a good grip on nutrition with the weight gone and can build up from there..

I am not telling you what to do, just what my approach would be if I were you.

At the end of the day, it's your decision and I wish you well on the Journey.

Welcome aboard...
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.