Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    nosirrahx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nosirrahx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nosirrahx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nosirrahx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nosirrahx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nosirrahx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nosirrahx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nosirrahx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nosirrahx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nosirrahx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nosirrahx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by NoCarbsNoSugar View Post
    Cool!
    Way Cool!!!
    Its been a hell of a ride but I did sacrifice my health, that is why I am here today righting a wrong. I was a very active guy, then I got chained to a desk for the first 8 years. Eating junk while sitting is a killer.

I fell like I made the change before it was too late though.
    Eat in a deficit to lose weight.
    Hit your protein and fat minimums to stay healthy and keep your gainz.
    Lift heavy and do HIIT to look and feel awesome.
    Use the internet to learn why you should do these things and how to do these things.

registered boglehead OfficerJimLahey's Avatar
    OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by nosirrahx View Post
    With the progress you're making I would agree.
    Baltimore Orioles
    Most positive poster in this thread.
    They will always keep in mind that their countrymen are freemen, and, as such, are impatient of everything that bears the least mark of a domineering spirit.They will, therefore, refrain, with the most guarded circumspection, from whatever has the semblance of haughtiness, rudeness, or insult. --Alexander Hamilton

blue9steel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blue9steel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blue9steel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blue9steel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blue9steel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blue9steel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blue9steel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blue9steel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blue9steel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blue9steel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blue9steel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Fantastic progress, glad to see you doing so well. I use a system for tracking weight called "10% smoothed exponential moving average", it's actually pretty similar to what you're doing. Found it in a book I read years ago called "The Hackers Diet" by the guy that invented AutoCAD. Pretty much any system that involves daily measurements and some kind of average is going to give you decent results. Keep up the good work!

phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    This was me as well. Turned stuff around just in time.
    *Trying to stay sane and get back to avi status.

nosirrahx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nosirrahx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nosirrahx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nosirrahx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nosirrahx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nosirrahx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nosirrahx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nosirrahx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nosirrahx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nosirrahx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nosirrahx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Week 11 was a great week. I nailed a few lifting PRs and really pushed my calorie tolerances to their limit. I averaged 293.4 lbs this week. I should not have any problem at all reaching an average weight of 290 by the end of week 13, just in time for new pics. I am setting a goal of 290.4 to 291.4 for next week but unless I really screw up I should come in well below that.

Week 1 Avg. = 336.8
    Week 2 Avg. = 332.1
    Week 3 Avg. = 328.5
    Week 4 Avg. = 322.6
    Week 5 Avg. = 318.4
    Week 6 Avg. = 314.2
    Week 7 Avg. = 310.0
    Week 8 Avg. = 307.9
    Week 9 Avg. = 302.7
    Week 10 Avg. = 298.7
    Week 11 Avg. = 293.4
    Use the internet to learn why you should do these things and how to do these things.

phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    On a deficit, losing weight steadily, and hitting PRs in the gym. Win all over guy. Nice job.

I am at my absolute limit. Figuring out what 100% means has been an eye opening experience for me. This is the hardest part of my plan. Once I am done with this the rest takes longer but is far easier. Compared to this smashing the iron on maintenance calories will be a cakewalk.

It is going to be very interesting to see where maintenance shakes out when I reverse diet up to it.

2 more weeks, I got this.

capachoty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) capachoty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hello nosirrahx,

Very inspring so far. I've just started my journey at 340+.

What has been the hardest part so far?

capachoty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) capachoty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Also, are you doing anything (diet or other) in order to improve your skin reduction as you go. Or is your Step 2 6 month recomp your only plan at the moment?

Thanks

Originally Posted by capachoty View Post
    Also, are you doing anything (diet or other) in order to improve your skin reduction as you go. Or is your Step 2 6 month recomp your only plan at the moment?

Thanks
    At this point I can see 2 places where my skin may get loose, going to see what the recomp does for them. Other than time and muscle growth there are no other real nonsurgical options.

The hardest part was starting. Once I got over the first couple of months and fine tuned everything to the point where I really cant improve my system anymore its more or less cruise control.

Every workout starts off feeling like crap due to the deficit but once I get going I do plow right through them and feel great when they are done.

Good luck, I hope to see you kicking some ass bro.

justinlando has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinlando has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinlando has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinlando has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinlando has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinlando has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinlando has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinlando has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinlando has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinlando has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinlando has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I have never been much a "do it by the book" kind of guy. The recommendation is to weigh yourself once a week......but to me that is crap. The problem is what if on week X on Friday you are super water depleted and the next Friday you are retaining water? The answer is that it may look like you killed it but gained weight, super demotivating. Instead what I do is weigh myself every day at the same time naked and then at the end of the week I average those 7 weights. That average weight is what you see tracked. As you can see from my chart there are no crazy spikes or dips. That is because averaging negates them and instead produces a much more "real" weight.

IMO, my way is vastly superior to the conventional recommendation.
    It took me far too long to finally see this, sorry for the delayed response-

Man, that's actually really a neat way to go about weigh ins. I would consider doing it like, if not for the way my mind works, I definitely could see myself going far below my calorie goal just to try and improve the averages (not saying you do this, saying I could see MYSELF doing this) instead of just trying to lose 2-3 lbs per week. I think it's awesome that your method is so consistent though. Definitely a very gradual (yet impressive) reduction in weight.
    Vitals: Male, 27, 6'3 ~170-175lbs (depending on the day)
    Cardio: walking my dogs daily, runs 4x per week
    Lifting: 4 days per week
    Supplements: Isopure Zero Carb (daily), Biotin (daily), Multivitamin (daily)
    ----------------
    Total Weight Loss: 152.6 lbs in 401 days (May 2015-June 2016)
    Goal for Rest of 2016: Maintain my current weight (~170), improve my physique
    ----------------

Originally Posted by justinlando View Post
    It took me far too long to finally see this, sorry for the delayed response-

Man, that's actually really a neat way to go about weigh ins. I would consider doing it like, if not for the way my mind works, I definitely could see myself going far below my calorie goal just to try and improve the averages (not saying you do this, saying I could see MYSELF doing this) instead of just trying to lose 2-3 lbs per week. I think it's awesome that your method is so consistent though. Definitely a very gradual (yet impressive) reduction in weight.
    Thanks bro It really has helped me keep from going crazy looking at some truly epic water weight fluctuations.

At this point I can see 2 places where my skin may get loose, going to see what the recomp does for them. Other than time and muscle growth there are no other real nonsurgical options.

The hardest part was starting. Once I got over the first couple of months and fine tuned everything to the point where I really cant improve my system anymore its more or less cruise control.

Every workout starts off feeling like crap due to the deficit but once I get going I do plow right through them and feel great when they are done.

Good luck, I hope to see you kicking some ass bro.
    Though there aren't really magic creams or quick fixes I do think that overall skin health can be improved to help elasticity.

My main goal at the moment is to get enough water and form fit my diet in such a way as to make my skin health as good as possible. Regardless, I've got my surgery fund going already if / when it comes down to it. As a side note i like your weigh method, going to be using it.

Loose skin is a black box. I have seen really huge guys shrink and look like they were never fat and I have seen them shrink and the skin looks unchanged since their maximum weight.

My 2 spots are my upper back and lower stomach. I have little hope for my lower stomach but will do my best to refill that skin with abs and pull it back with lower back growth (going to work hard on my deadlift). My upper back though I might be able to save. I gain mass easily and will work on my lats and chest like mad while recomping.

In the end it is what it is and being strong and healthy trumps all.

In the end it is what it is and being strong and healthy trumps all.
    True that. I'd rather be saggy and healthy, than flabby and dead.

I carbed up for the first time in ages last night and holy crap does that change everything in the gym. I got a pump for the first time in weeks and everything felt so light. I was doing facepulls with the entire cable cross stack and totally manhandled the entire pressdown stack.

justinlando has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinlando has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinlando has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinlando has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinlando has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinlando has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinlando has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinlando has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinlando has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinlando has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinlando has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I carbed up for the first time in ages last night and holy crap does that change everything in the gym. I got a pump for the first time in weeks and everything felt so light. I was doing facepulls with the entire cable cross stack and totally manhandled the entire pressdown stack.
    I still don't feel much of a difference with my workouts regardless of carb intake, I wish I was more sensitive to carbs *sigh*
    Vitals: Male, 27, 6'3 ~170-175lbs (depending on the day)
    Cardio: walking my dogs daily, runs 4x per week
    Lifting: 4 days per week
    Supplements: Isopure Zero Carb (daily), Biotin (daily), Multivitamin (daily)
    ----------------
    Total Weight Loss: 152.6 lbs in 401 days (May 2015-June 2016)
    Goal for Rest of 2016: Maintain my current weight (~170), improve my physique
    ----------------

Originally Posted by justinlando View Post
    I still don't feel much of a difference with my workouts regardless of carb intake, I wish I was more sensitive to carbs *sigh*
    Lift heavy as hell for 2 weeks, 6 days a week on nothing but a handful of veggies every day for carbs and then carb up after that, you will feel it for sure.

Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You are 289 already? Daaamn. Doing good!
    Rugby, Judo, Basketball, MMA Fighter Crew (4-0).
    80+ lbs lost crew
    UofT Biz Crew

Originally Posted by Sarumyan View Post
    You are 289 already? Daaamn. Doing good!
    Yep, 2 weeks to go and feeling fantastic. Week 13 for our group challenge is up then and I will be posting new pics. I am going to attempt to go beast mode and reach 280 by then. 290 was the goal so ass was already kicked, 280 is just to redefine what 100% effort means to me.

This is why I carb up regularly. It is quite amazing what those carbs will do for a person. Its been a long time huh. Sounds like you forgotten the feeling of power flowing through the body. Feels good doesn't it.

Yeah and congrats on breaking that 290 barrier!

Originally Posted by phoenix4444 View Post
    This is why I carb up regularly. It is quite amazing what those carbs will do for a person. Its been a long time huh. Sounds like you forgotten the feeling of power flowing through the body. Feels good doesn't it.
    Hell yeah it does. I was getting used to lifting on little glycogen so it was really noticeable. Its going to be nice lifting this way once the brutal part of my cut is over.

Creating bodily entropy. Gen1GT's Avatar
    Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gen1GT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Awesome progress!
    286 lbs - March 11, 2019 (started Keto)
    261 lbs - May 23, 2019

DaveRVD will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveRVD will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveRVD will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveRVD will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveRVD will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveRVD will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveRVD will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveRVD will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveRVD will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveRVD will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveRVD will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yep, 2 weeks to go and feeling fantastic. Week 13 for our group challenge is up then and I will be posting new pics. I am going to attempt to go beast mode and reach 280 by then. 290 was the goal so ass was already kicked, 280 is just to redefine what 100% effort means to me.
    Love that "redefine what 100% effort means to me" line - way to go on breaking 290! Truly a raw example of what routine, determination and knowledge can do for someone.
    Instagram: mavmuscle

We only have 1 week left (2 Friday weigh ins) in our weight loss challenge so I really went at it this week. I closed out week 12 with an average weight of 288 lbs and don't think I could possibly done any better. I was able to hit the gym and cardio without any issues but I was hungry a lot, something that is getting annoying. I am really looking forward to reverse dieting up to maintenance after this phase is over. My goal for next week is 284 to 285 but I will likely smash right though that if I can keep this up for just one more week.

Week 1 Avg. = 336.8
    Week 2 Avg. = 332.1
    Week 3 Avg. = 328.5
    Week 4 Avg. = 322.6
    Week 5 Avg. = 318.4
    Week 6 Avg. = 314.2
    Week 7 Avg. = 310.0
    Week 8 Avg. = 307.9
    Week 9 Avg. = 302.7
    Week 10 Avg. = 298.7
    Week 11 Avg. = 293.4
    Week 12 Avg. = 288.0

NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    that is some very nice progress

blue9steel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blue9steel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blue9steel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blue9steel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blue9steel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blue9steel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blue9steel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blue9steel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blue9steel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blue9steel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blue9steel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by NoCarbsNoSugar View Post
    that is some very nice progress
    Impressive to be sure, almost too fast actually. Generally you want to stick with 0.5%-1% of bodyweight per week, though considering the very high starting level it's probably still within reason at the moment.

Originally Posted by blue9steel View Post
    Impressive to be sure, almost too fast actually. Generally you want to stick with 0.5%-1% of bodyweight per week, though considering the very high starting level it's probably still within reason at the moment.
    This is my absolute limit. There is no way I could have done more without negative consequences. I wouldn't actually recommend this pace to others, its a personal choice to push things to 100% and then to push hard to see exactly where 100% is.

I do feel fantastic though. I am making PRs in the gym and my cardio keep getting stronger so I am not worried at all.

Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by blue9steel View Post
    No.
    Rugby, Judo, Basketball, MMA Fighter Crew (4-0).
    80+ lbs lost crew
    UofT Biz Crew