Page 147 of 190 FirstFirst ... 47 97 137 145 146 147 148 149 157 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,410 of 5682
    thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Fiction2Fitness View Post
    Damn!

Nice bra too. ;-) Enjoy the rampage.
    Heehee, Under Armor is my jam man.

Originally Posted by shesprints View Post
    Damn! Looking

THICK

SOLID

TIGHT

Seriously, I'd kill to have your forearms. Did you always have muscular forearms or did they come with training?
    Dawwww thanks SS! Always had a fairly muscular upper body even as a kid - sports, climbing trees, kicking ass, but they really blossomed with heavy lifting.

Originally Posted by MissKB View Post
    good lawd. lookin' amazing hobbes! HOW ABOUT THIS WEATHER OMG. swoon all around.
    Perfect for running AND flashing my gunz!

Originally Posted by Echo814 View Post
    Holyee, shyte woman! Turning into a spiral Ham up in here!
    LOLOL

Workout coming up...
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

DL/SQUAT

SUPPS:
    PRE: Jack3d 2 scoops
    INTRA: none

BW: 150

WARMUP:
    -Foam Rolling with Spike 8min
    -Arm circles of peace
    -BW squats

BACK:
    DL:
    135x8
    185x5
    *Versa Grips
    225x4
    *belt
    250x3
    270x1
    280x1

LEGS:
    Squats:
    45x10
    95x8
    135x6
    165x3
    *belt
    195x3
    215x2
    225x1

Lifts were fine but got an emergency call at the end so I had to cut lunges/stretching. My aunt is back in the hospital and is not doing well at all. This is the aunt dying of lung cancer (oddly enough there is a second aunt in the hospital right now for another issue), and she fell at home and broke her pelvis! It's been a whole big family drama trying to get her and my uncle to agree for her to go into hospice months ago, and now things have worsened. She's not well, refusing to eat, refusing IV so not getting fluids, and will likely pass this week. All the family is trying to get into town asap. So weird seeing all these people together that usually you don't see for a few years because everybody lives all over the country. Lots of familiar but sad faces in the hospital today.
    Current PRs:

*Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000)
    So sorry to hear.
    Our thoughts are with you.
    At age 64, I've exceeded all my prior PRs. Not “over the hill” yet. :)

My workout journal is here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=176385621

Registered User Fiction2Fitness's Avatar
    Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sorry to hear as well. That is an odd, hard time for family gatherings. Living far away you don't think too much about it but then when you have to gather for something like this, it's one of those experiences hard to put to words but we understand at the same time.
    Gym Max: 229/126/305
    Meet Max: 1st Meet 198/115/248
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281
    Goals: 235/135/315

Just Strong Ambassador
    http://juststrong.com/discount/ambwil10

mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    looking awesome hobbes!!!! so sorry about the family/health issues.

sadly, life is a marathon shesprints's Avatar
    shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Oh hammy I'm so sorry. I went through this with my grandmother, who refused dialysis toward the end of her life (this was a couple months after losing my grandfather). The only upside was that we got to spend time with her in what we knew were her last days, and she got to come home for that and we had this family photo album and memory day. It was so, so hard, though, because she was visibly deteriorating and the whole experience was quite harrowing for all of us, especially my dad (her son). Anyway, my thoughts are with you and I hope her last days are as comfortable and full of family as they can be.

I guess the thing is seeing older people makes me so grateful for what my body can do now, you know? It lends a certain sense of urgency, or importance. Also seeing how frail my grandmother got made me very much want to keep lifting for life. A huge reason older people decline is because they simply don't have muscle anymore.
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    --Hubert Humphrey

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170707741&p=1427864821#post1427864821

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    Us too, 2 little snow storms this past week. :/ It was 50 today and supposed to be 60 tomorrow for my running day!! Corn on the cob is the tits! I'm also looking forward to cherries coming back and berries being on sale.
    Lol, I just assume anything we got, you got to some degree too. Lol. Unless it comes up the coast.

Yeesssss to cherries! Can't wait!
    Progress pics of arm vascularity, and weird serial killer face lolz:
    Badass!
    Lifts were fine but got an emergency call at the end so I had to cut lunges/stretching. My aunt is back in the hospital and is not doing well at all. This is the aunt dying of lung cancer (oddly enough there is a second aunt in the hospital right now for another issue), and she fell at home and broke her pelvis! It's been a whole big family drama trying to get her and my uncle to agree for her to go into hospice months ago, and now things have worsened. She's not well, refusing to eat, refusing IV so not getting fluids, and will likely pass this week. All the family is trying to get into town asap. So weird seeing all these people together that usually you don't see for a few years because everybody lives all over the country. Lots of familiar but sad faces in the hospital today.
    I'm sorry to hear that, but I'm glad you can be there. Sounds like she'll have quite bit of family by her side through it, and sometimes that's all a person wants at that point. Wishing you, and you family well though this.
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Oh i'm so sorry hobbes that's so sad. i hope she's able to pass pain free. cancer is the ****ing worst. <3 sending my love
    Trying to gain a booty so my husband can squeeze it:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175451341&page=4

Powered by Reese's Puffs anandagirl's Avatar
    anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    (((HUGS)) to you my Hammy friend. Thinking of you and your family
    Team Ogre Mascot

IG: anandagirl
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/therealanandagirl
    Accountability Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171177361

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Sorry about your aunt. Thinking of you and your family.
    You can't help the hopeless.

Fat Girl Gets Fit: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168690083&page=1

Best Gym lifts: 375/225/445
    Best Meet lifts: 358/220.7/441,
    Best Wilks=415 (Old Wilks)
    Best Dots=429.01

Originally Posted by HomeGymChains View Post
    So sorry to hear.
    Our thoughts are with you.
    Thanks friend.

Originally Posted by Fiction2Fitness View Post
    Sorry to hear as well. That is an odd, hard time for family gatherings. Living far away you don't think too much about it but then when you have to gather for something like this, it's one of those experiences hard to put to words but we understand at the same time.
    Yeah it's strange, nice to see everybody but what chitty circumstances.

Originally Posted by mom2sethc View Post
    looking awesome hobbes!!!! so sorry about the family/health issues.
    Thanks

Oh hammy I'm so sorry. I went through this with my grandmother, who refused dialysis toward the end of her life (this was a couple months after losing my grandfather). The only upside was that we got to spend time with her in what we knew were her last days, and she got to come home for that and we had this family photo album and memory day. It was so, so hard, though, because she was visibly deteriorating and the whole experience was quite harrowing for all of us, especially my dad (her son). Anyway, my thoughts are with you and I hope her last days are as comfortable and full of family as they can be.
    Sounds like you guys handled it pretty well, that's nice family could be close near the end. The people in my fam are a bit odd, aunt's husband is a very anti-doctor, doesn't-trust-anybody kind of guy. Aunt is also going home in a couple days with hospice people coming in a couple times a day but our worry is my uncle will not let the hospice workers or family in. :/
    I guess the thing is seeing older people makes me so grateful for what my body can do now, you know? It lends a certain sense of urgency, or importance. Also seeing how frail my grandmother got made me very much want to keep lifting for life. A huge reason older people decline is because they simply don't have muscle anymore.
    Oh yeah, I think about that every day, more so as I get older and see parents and relatives get WAY older and decline in health. Most smoked, drank, ate like crap, and did not exercise and ended up with horrific health issues. I legit have a lot of fun working out/running but I get extra motivation knowing it's bettering my health and will help me in the the future. Lately I've been extra aware how awesome that is that I CAN go out and run a few miles or spend a couple hours at the gym. There are people who can't get out of bed and who would kill to be able to take a walk through the park. It is an amazing freedom to be physically fit enough to go out and do any activity you'd like.

Originally Posted by LunaLifts View Post
    Lol, I just assume anything we got, you got to some degree too. Lol. Unless it comes up the coast.
    Very likely, next time KEEP IT!
    I'm sorry to hear that, but I'm glad you can be there. Sounds like she'll have quite bit of family by her side through it, and sometimes that's all a person wants at that point. Wishing you, and you family well though this.
    Yes, the family is all very supportive. Thank you.

Originally Posted by MissKB View Post
    Oh i'm so sorry hobbes that's so sad. i hope she's able to pass pain free. cancer is the ****ing worst. <3 sending my love
    Yeah cancer fukking sucks.

Originally Posted by anandagirl View Post
    (((HUGS)) to you my Hammy friend. Thinking of you and your family
    Thanks girl! <3

Originally Posted by Partyrocking View Post
    Sorry about your aunt. Thinking of you and your family.
    Thanks Party.

Workout coming up...
    Current PRs:

AMRAP BP/SHOULDERS/TRI/RUN

SUPPS:
    PRE: Jack3d 2 scoops
    INTRA: none

BW: 150

WARMUP:
    -Foam Rolling with Spike 10min
    -Arm circles of peace
    -Cuban Press
    -BW squats

AMRAP BP:
    45x15
    75x12
    105x27 urgh, that was an ovary buster!
    135x14 ok, pretty good
    95x28 oh Broseiden give me strength!

SHOULDERS:
    DB Shoulder Press:
    35s x 12
    40s x 8
    35s x 12
    30s x 14
    30s x 14

Incline BB Bench Press:
    45x10
    95x10
    115x9
    135x5
    140x4

TRI:
    Tricep Rope Pushdowns:
    30x10
    30x9
    20x15

CARDIO:
    Running
    Distance: 3.2 miles
    Time: 34:21
    Avg HR: 138
    Peak HR: 149
    *53 degrees and drizzling, ran half on a trail half on paved path

OTHER PREHAB:
    -Stretching 30min
    -LAX/Spike glute rolling 10min

Strength was great today but endurance took a hit. Those AMRAPS are brutal! Incline bp was beast.

I'm going to start running on trails sometimes to make sure my feet/ankles get used to it. Since December I've been running on the paved path due to snow/rain and the trails being a mess. I signed up for the Full Moon Trail Series which is 3 separate trail races (3-5 miles each) through summer on trails in different metroparks here. The races are during the week but in the evening around 7pm, it'll be cool to try something different. Looks like it'll be pretty well organized, they limited the sign ups to 150 I think so it isn't too crowded. Looking forward to see what the event shirt looks like too. (Yeah I think I have an addiction to collecting ANIMAL and race shirts, I need an intervention. ) Also I registered for a 10k race May 12th that's like 10min away from where I live, so I'm excited for that too, it's in a couple weeks!

Aunt is doing fairly well, eating and drinking a little bit finally and is more talkative. She'll be going home with hospice care in a couple days. I'm visiting her in the hospital tomorrow again. I'm afraid that may be my last chance though. My uncle is a very odd guy and likely won't allow anyone to come to the house and visit. We're hoping he doesn't freak out and send the hospice workers away (he's very anti medicine and has been extremely uncooperative with the docs the whole way and already hates the hospice rep. :/ ) We'll see how everything goes. I especially feel bad for my dad who wants to help so badly but it's been a bit of a fight with this whole situation. The fam needs to tone down the crazy, sigh.
    Current PRs:

shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm so sorry about your uncle. I think there's a little crazy in every family (certainly some in mine) and it can come out the most at times of stress, like this. Dealing with death is so emotional, you know? But you're such a rock--at least you come across that way online--I'm sure you'll only help the other members of your family with your presence.

As for the workout, I'm impressed with how much volume you can handle. I will say that you maaaay want to consider getting some shoes specific to trail running. I was reckless and hit the trails in regular training shoes and sprained my ankle this past summer. I don't want you to get injured and it's hella easy to trip on a root or something out there. Also, be prepared to walk the hills. Even some of the fastest XC runners walk uphill sometimes on steep courses.
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    --Hubert Humphrey

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170707741&p=1427864821#post1427864821

I'm so sorry about your uncle. I think there's a little crazy in every family (certainly some in mine) and it can come out the most at times of stress, like this. Dealing with death is so emotional, you know? But you're such a rock--at least you come across that way online--I'm sure you'll only help the other members of your family with your presence.
    We have a lot of crazy spread throughout my family it seems. Haha, that's exactly what my mom always says to me! A while ago she made me her official person (forget the term) to make medical decisions for her should she ever be incapacitated in the hospital. She said there's no way in hell she'd trust my dad or anybody else with that because I am the only logical one in the family that would actually make a decision and not freak out. She's right, and my dad is terrible with that kind of thing.
    As for the workout, I'm impressed with how much volume you can handle. I will say that you maaaay want to consider getting some shoes specific to trail running. I was reckless and hit the trails in regular training shoes and sprained my ankle this past summer. I don't want you to get injured and it's hella easy to trip on a root or something out there. Also, be prepared to walk the hills. Even some of the fastest XC runners walk uphill sometimes on steep courses.
    Thanks! Any suggestions? I currently run in Hoka Arahi's. I tried New Balance and Mizuno running shoes before those and it felt like I was running on tissue paper - was beating the chit out of my feet. I initially assumed the Hokas were gimmicky but oh my god, everything feels so much better running in those. I have two pair I rotate through the week. Totally open to trail shoes but I do need someone with lots of support, I am not a dainty individual.
    Current PRs:

Brahette I cannot give you a running shoe rec via internet because feet are SO individual. If you go to a store they can give you some options to try and YES, support and stability are great traits to look for in trail shoes, but you gotta try them yourself. Running stores are great about fittings. If you want to be cheap you can even not buy them there but then go find them online. Or maybe buy just one pair there to support local running idk.
    --Hubert Humphrey

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Some families definitely have more crazy than others, mine included. I hope you get to visit her more than once more, and that mr. crazy uncle chills out.

Re: you being in charge of your mom's care if needed, I think it's called a few things, but Medical Directive is one term.
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs