Page 49 of 190 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 149 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 5682
    JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Great work today, Hammie! ! You are really killing it lately! Maybe I need to turn off my brain for benching and well everything else

I have no idea what a slingshot is, but it looks/sounds interesting! Christmas in April is awesome!!

Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    BM training?

/Hammie's life story lulz
    Lmao
    My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159386641

2018 goals:
    Lift more than I did in 2017, which won't be hard because I haven't lifted much since March 2017
    Build back the muscle I lost while I went through a "I hate lifting" phase
    Love lifting again

itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Slingshot took over journal, and yet I am seeing some awesome deads and sqwatz happening as well

I've used the slingshot a few different ways in my programming. At one point I was doing some dedicated work with the blue one for an entire training block, and I must admit it was nice to keep throwing more weight and reps on there as I got more used to it every week Usually it's an occasional thing though, and with the red one I've pretty much only used that for a couple of overload sets after my regular sets.

With the red, because I can lift so much more with it than normal, the first thing to give out on me is my wrists. So I do need to be mindful of that. They're fine initially, but they are absolutely the first thing to tire out if I do too many sets / reps. And getting a hand-off from someone is a huge help as well. I can unrack my raw bench weights just fine on my own, and I was fine with the weights I was moving with the blue one. But the red... ugh... even attempting to unrack +40 over my max would have been a separate issue in itself. So yeah, if you're going to be doing that yourself, the unrack alone could take a while to build up safely.

And it is weird that the last few months have been the first time EVER that I've been able to use all my energy/strength on lifting instead of at work 12hrs a day and then struggling to fit in any kind of lifting after work. CLIFFS: Have a business, spent many yrs doing much of the physical labor myself, recently was able to afford enough people to put in those positions so I can stick to the management side of it. So yeah I'm now able to go full on at the gym for the first time and I'm sometimes unsure how to do that.
    Dang, that is awesome! Congrats on your success! Now you can just sit back and have cabana boys pop peeled grapes into your mouth for you Ok yeah, I know it doesn't work quite like that lol.

VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    BM training?
    Bulgarian Method. Low volume, high frequency. You wouldn't be able to do the kind of volume you're doing, but you'd be able to do it more often. Basically the amount of volume you hit over the course of a week would probably be similar, but it would be spread out over several days. In true Bulgarian Method, you're doing a couple sets of 1-2 reps a few times per day, and not really doing much in the way of accessory lifts. IIRC, it's a couple sets of low rep main lifts (snatch, clean and jerk), then a couple sets of low rep accessory (front squat, power snatch, power clean)...repeated in 2-3 sessions per day.
    Olympus Labs Representative

Olympus Lyfestyle: https://www.bodybuilding.com/store/olympus-lyfestyle.html

viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    There are no words for your awesomeness lately Hammie! You pump out 22 reps 10 pounds over my body weight and make it look easy!
    Instagram: vicclesloveskarate
    New log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170156703&p=1416249753#post1416249753
    Old log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166758171
    Old log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157799473&highlight=Vic%27s+log

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yeah, you have to keep daily volume lower for the Bulgarian Method to work, and you also do ascending singles until you get to a top weight, the heaviest you can lift that day without form breakdown.

I just rowed every day that I benched to keep things balanced.
    You can't help the hopeless.

Fat Girl Gets Fit: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168690083&page=1

Best Gym lifts: 375/225/445
    Best Meet lifts: 358/220.7/441,
    Best Wilks=415 (Old Wilks)
    Best Dots=429.01

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JenSTL4 View Post
    Great work today, Hammie! ! You are really killing it lately! Maybe I need to turn off my brain for benching and well everything else : D
    Thanks Jen, haha turning off brain for bench is great but turning off brain on squats would be all bad.
    I have no idea what a slingshot is, but it looks/sounds interesting! Christmas in April is awesome!!
    That set was fun, I intended on doing like 5 reps to see how the sling felt. It felt as magical as getting extra chocolate pieces in your bowl of Special K, srs.

Originally Posted by itsagoodday View Post
    Slingshot took over journal, and yet I am seeing some awesome deads and sqwatz happening as well : D
    Thanks, those lifts are a struggle! Happy they are actually progressing.
    I've used the slingshot a few different ways in my programming. At one point I was doing some dedicated work with the blue one for an entire training block, and I must admit it was nice to keep throwing more weight and reps on there as I got more used to it every week Usually it's an occasional thing though, and with the red one I've pretty much only used that for a couple of overload sets after my regular sets.
    The red feels like it has way more "spring" than I need, yeah it'll be fine as an added bench tool sometimes but I can see why a lot of you guys are saying don't do it every week. It'd be cool if they had one that didn't really let you add any or much wt but kept you all tucked in to kinda train you to keep that kind of form. I'm wondering how much resistance the blue is compared to red.
    With the red, because I can lift so much more with it than normal, the first thing to give out on me is my wrists. So I do need to be mindful of that. They're fine initially, but they are absolutely the first thing to tire out if I do too many sets / reps. And getting a hand-off from someone is a huge help as well. I can unrack my raw bench weights just fine on my own, and I was fine with the weights I was moving with the blue one. But the red... ugh... even attempting to unrack +40 over my max would have been a separate issue in itself. So yeah, if you're going to be doing that yourself, the unrack alone could take a while to build up safely.
    Ok, I will be extra aware of how my wrists are doing with it. Oh yeah, 40lb over the max I've ever touched would be a circus to unrack for sure! I was hoping I could get like a few reps out of ~175 as opposed to raw singles. With how strong this red one is I'm thinking it may allow me to do a bit more than I think. My goal is certainly not to pile on huge wt for the sake of it, but more of a mental preparation to get used to holding 185, 190, etc. Who knows what I could actually max on the red one but I doubt it'd be very helpful for any real application for the regular bench, plus dangerous trying to unrack to begin with.

Dang, that is awesome! Congrats on your success! Now you can just sit back and have cabana boys pop peeled grapes into your mouth for you Ok yeah, I know it doesn't work quite like that lol.
    Lol, thanks! It is a huge improvement to schedule out different workouts for different days, rather than "ok I got home before dark today, I'm gonna try to cram in squats and deads today real quick and I haven't DLed in 2 weeks." And eating better, I cook so much now. I'm perpetually buying meat, fruits, and veggies at the store and cooking that up, aside from a cheat meal once a month I don't get take out anymore.

Originally Posted by VO2Maxima View Post
    Bulgarian Method. Low volume, high frequency. You wouldn't be able to do the kind of volume you're doing, but you'd be able to do it more often. Basically the amount of volume you hit over the course of a week would probably be similar, but it would be spread out over several days. In true Bulgarian Method, you're doing a couple sets of 1-2 reps a few times per day, and not really doing much in the way of accessory lifts. IIRC, it's a couple sets of low rep main lifts (snatch, clean and jerk), then a couple sets of low rep accessory (front squat, power snatch, power clean)...repeated in 2-3 sessions per day.
    2-3 sessions per day, damn. That's honestly not something I'd be crazy about.

Originally Posted by viccles007 View Post
    There are no words for your awesomeness lately Hammie! You pump out 22 reps 10 pounds over my body weight and make it look easy!
    That Slingshot has A TON of spring, lol, felt pretty cool to do that once though kinda like I had been bitten by a radioactive spider in my basement.

Originally Posted by Partyrocking View Post
    Yeah, you have to keep daily volume lower for the Bulgarian Method to work, and you also do ascending singles until you get to a top weight, the heaviest you can lift that day without form breakdown.
    I felt form breakdown last week at the 180 singles, it was not as noticeable when I watched it back but I could tell as I was lifting. 175s go smooth though.
    I just rowed every day that I benched to keep things balanced.
    Seems like that works fine for many people. I am always so paranoid I need to do twice as many rows as pushing exercises.

I need to get a deload in before the end of this month. I'll take a look at some programs and see if there's something that glazes my ham. I'm getting kind of stuck lately not sure if I should do singles or drop the weight or a combo of both. My cut will be done in a few more weeks too. I'll figure out something that I can start soon that can map it out for me more.
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    turning off brain for bench is great but turning off brain on squats would be all bad.
    Lulz, if I tried to turn off my brain for bench, I would need reconstructive dental work. We are in agreement on squats though

The red feels like it has way more "spring" than I need, yeah it'll be fine as an added bench tool sometimes but I can see why a lot of you guys are saying don't do it every week. It'd be cool if they had one that didn't really let you add any or much wt but kept you all tucked in to kinda train you to keep that kind of form. I'm wondering how much resistance the blue is compared to red.
    That would absolutely be the blue. I don't think I've ever seen percentages comparing one to another, but for me the blue gives me less than half of what the red gives me, so maybe like 40% of the red??? It still keeps your elbows tucked in, but it is just way less aggressive in terms of the resistance and spring off the chest. It's still going to let you move more weight and get more reps in. It's not nearly so much fun as the red lol, but the blue does feel more natural to me. Also, you can play with some other stuff with the blue that I wouldn't want even want to try with the red, like chest dips, push ups, incline bench. It's kinda nice to have both if you're in the mood to go whole ham and start a slingshot collection

BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Very happy to be getting back on the pull up train, I wanna be really really good at those. Singles and doubles are FUN!

The main thing I've noticed with the singles is they get me really comfortable handling heavy wt. Trying maxes before was like whoa, this is 30lb over what I usually do, and it was a bit more intimidating. The mental aspect has been very valuable for me. That said, I realized I can't always train with a bunch of heavy ass singles, so I'm gonna get a nice variety of methods going.

Maybe that's why, I put my DL bar down really gingerly because I don't wanna break my plates or floor, that chit's expensive to replace haha.

------------------------------------------------------------

Well guys I finally did it, after about a year of wanting one and a couple people around here talking about it recently I ordered a bench press slingshot, got the original red one. It will arrive before the weekend so I'll get to try it out on bp day. I've done some heavy ass singles the last 4 sessions (A LOT of singles not just one or two sets.) I feel like I should work on some sets of 2-4 at times as well. I'll be doing a variety of things, with heavy ass singles in there sometimes of course, and hopefully adding in some work with the slingshot after my regular sets will help me build up my bp to where I want to be. Also that thing looks like a lot of fun.
    Yayaya! You're going to LOVE it!

Edit: I read the rest of the entries.... with the slingshot I'll usually do a cycle with it. 3 weeks, increase weight/reps every week. Then I'll do 3-5 reps for 3 weeks (raw). Then chains at 3-5 reps for 3 weeks. Then max (or close). I don't use it every week.

**I once was a fat little hippo... BubsNBean's journey back to healthy**
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170112133

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Lulz, if I tried to turn off my brain for bench, I would need reconstructive dental work. We are in agreement on squats though
    Lulz
    That would absolutely be the blue. I don't think I've ever seen percentages comparing one to another, but for me the blue gives me less than half of what the red gives me, so maybe like 40% of the red??? It still keeps your elbows tucked in, but it is just way less aggressive in terms of the resistance and spring off the chest. It's still going to let you move more weight and get more reps in. It's not nearly so much fun as the red lol, but the blue does feel more natural to me. Also, you can play with some other stuff with the blue that I wouldn't want even want to try with the red, like chest dips, push ups, incline bench. It's kinda nice to have both if you're in the mood to go whole ham and start a slingshot collection
    Aw man, yeah I may pick up the blue one too somewhere down the line. Hmmm incline bench, I haven't done those in a long time, that one always felt really awkward for some reason for barbell, the blue may be of use on that. Goin' ham on regular bench tomorrow and then goin' all slowturtle.jpg with the sling so my arms don't spontaneously fall off.

Originally Posted by BubsNBean View Post
    Yayaya! You're going to LOVE it!

Edit: I read the rest of the entries.... with the slingshot I'll usually do a cycle with it. 3 weeks, increase weight/reps every week. Then I'll do 3-5 reps for 3 weeks (raw). Then chains at 3-5 reps for 3 weeks. Then max (or close). I don't use it every week.
    So a short cycle of 3 consecutive weeks within a bigger training cycle. So when you jump back to the 3 weeks of raw does it seem really tough at first since you're used to the sling? 3-5 reps with that thing sounds perfect. I need to find what weights I need to use to hit that range. And yeah that was incredibly fun to do that test set at a plate repping that out til the cows came home.
    Current PRs:

*Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's certainly a confidence booster! For me, it really helped me feel comfortable with the heavier weights over my head, tbh. But yes, a cycle is (imo) the best way to do it. The first week of raw after the sling feels a little heavy when you bring the weight down, but you can definitely push it out a little better. Maybe it's false confidence, but it works for sure.

**I once was a fat little hippo... BubsNBean's journey back to healthy**
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170112133

Putting in the work IrishLassie78's Avatar
    IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    All kinds of awesome going on in here. Am intrigued by the Slingshot. My bench form is crap. Which is part of the reason my bench is crap. I just can't seem to get all the pieces right all at once. Should probably figure that sh!t out before fooling around with something like a Slingshot. And that will actually take benching more regularly instead of on the fly every couple of weeks when the notion strikes me
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163596431

Originally Posted by BubsNBean View Post
    It's certainly a confidence booster! For me, it really helped me feel comfortable with the heavier weights over my head, tbh. But yes, a cycle is (imo) the best way to do it. The first week of raw after the sling feels a little heavy when you bring the weight down, but you can definitely push it out a little better. Maybe it's false confidence, but it works for sure.
    Hoping to get some confidence and calm under the heavier stuff. It's not even hard to hold or anything when I get close to my max, it's just like whoa I never mess with this wt so WHOA. Ok that makes sense, I suppose as long as you don't do sling and then for some reason go to raw after in the same day it wouldn't mess with your brain too much.

Originally Posted by IrishLassie78 View Post
    All kinds of awesome going on in here. Am intrigued by the Slingshot. My bench form is crap. Which is part of the reason my bench is crap. I just can't seem to get all the pieces right all at once. Should probably figure that sh!t out before fooling around with something like a Slingshot. And that will actually take benching more regularly instead of on the fly every couple of weeks when the notion strikes me
    Haha yeah it's tough for me too if I don't do it for a couple weeks. Depends what your goals are, you do Oly lifting so not sure how much bp even matters with that. I'd think OHP would be more essential to nail down.

I wanna leave this here, this is a really helpful explanation for all the parts of bp.

OFFICIAL WEIGH IN!

Yes weighed in early cause the whole week has felt like I've been killing it with the healthy foods and spot on with cals...

167.6 A full lb down again!

Part of this has to be switching out regular bbq sauce with that no calorie Walden Farm's stuff. Until I did that I never realized how much stuff I put bbq sauce on lol, it's a lot. So I inadvertently cut out more cals that I wasn't even tracking in the first place. I am officially down 20lb since December. A few more weeks til this cut is over and I'll be happy to hang out in the low 160s.
    Current PRs:

VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Extremely easy cut to 165 class now, just saying.

Originally Posted by VO2Maxima View Post
    Extremely easy cut to 165 class now, just saying.
    Hell yeah, will be there in a couple weeks! Ham is gonna be a slightly smaller ham.
    Current PRs:

CHEST/TRI

SUPPS:
    PRE: Con-Cret Pre1 2 scoops
    INTRA: Con-Cret 1.5 scoops

BODY WEIGHT: 167

WARMUP:
    -Foam Rolling with Spike 5min
    -Arm circles of peace
    -Cuban Press
    -BW squats

CHEST:
    Bench Press:
    45x15
    75x10
    105x7
    135x4
    155x2
    170x1
    180x1
    190x1 *Tied PR!!
    180x1
    180 fail (bad unrack, that one was doomed from the beginning)
    170x3
    170x3
    170x3

Awww yeah, very happy to hit this!

The first 180, was having trouble with form break down last week but this felt fine today. Seems like I have more of a mental issue with these heavy sets sometimes, strength is fine. Unracking is getting hard.

BP Red Slingshot:
    *gave up quick on these, felt bad as far as it squeezing everything in, can't move and can't unrack, also I think I'd need to add wayyy more wt than I'm comfortable with to get sets of triples on these, yep way too much assistance from the red one :/
    135x4 meh
    145x4 meh
    155x10 meh, not doing anything, could've got 5 more easy but racked it and called it to not further frustrate myself

TRI:
    CGBP
    *wrist wraps
    115x13 whoa, these felt incredibly easy after being freed up from the Slingshot, srs
    125x9
    135x8
    145x6 *Rep PR
    155x3 *PR

145x5
    135x7

RC WORK:
    Standing Y/T/Ls:
    5s for 17, 17, 17
    5s for 17, 17, 17

External Rotations with Plates:
    10s x 20
    10s x 20
    *it's time to up the wt on these

CARDIO:
    Bike: 30min, Course 1, Level 6, 9.7 miles, lulz goin' slow today

OTHER PREHAB:
    -Stretching 30min
    -Foam Rolling with Spike on wall 5min

Great bench day again, really made my day to hit 190. Getting to 200 should be very attainable, keep working on some heavy singles/doubles/triples and I should be able to get it soon enough. I've never done singles work until recently, today is the 5th week I've done it like that. I'm thinking maybe 1 or 2 more times working like that and then take my deload.

I re-watched that bp form vid by Jennifer Thompson again and made a huge effort to work on the things she was talking about - pushing back on heels for leg drive, getting your shoulders under, and imagining squeezing something between shoulder blades. I think I managed to get a tiny little baby arch going too, haha. Felt solid.

I am starting to have some struggle with the unrack at 180 and up, sometimes. I put on some wrist wraps at 190 (I *think* that's what those are, not even sure where these came from but they've been in my gym bag forever.) Are these thicker ones sufficient for the heavy work? My goal with these is injury prevention, don't want my wrists being moved around by the wt.

Ones on top are what I used for heavy bp, bottom ones are the thin ones I use on cgbp

And jeez it was not the right day to work with that Slingshot. I'll try again in the near future to see what I can do with it. I'm fearing I have to pile like 200+ on there to get any low rep use out of it and I'm really not comfortable with that at this point.
    Current PRs:

SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Awesome!! Congrats on all the PR's!! Saw your vids on YouTube and had to come over and see what I was missing!
    Me vs. Me: Lifting with UCTD: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170084343

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Nice work. 200lbs is right around the corner. Also, nice work on the cut. Losing 20lbs and not losing any strength is a pretty awesome feat.
    You can't help the hopeless.

Fat Girl Gets Fit: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168690083&page=1

Best Gym lifts: 375/225/445
    Best Meet lifts: 358/220.7/441,
    Best Wilks=415 (Old Wilks)
    Best Dots=429.01

viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I almost missed your awesome workout Hammie!! PR's EVERYWHERE!!! I've said this before and I'll say it again, there's too much awesomeness going on in here Hammie. Congrats!!!!
    New log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170156703&p=1416249753#post1416249753
    Old log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157799473&highlight=Vic%27s+log

Originally Posted by SophieM View Post
    Awesome!! Congrats on all the PR's!! Saw your vids on YouTube and had to come over and see what I was missing!
    Thanks Sophie! Haha I am going crazy with the vids lately, home gym crew FTW!

Originally Posted by Partyrocking View Post
    Nice work. 200lbs is right around the corner. Also, nice work on the cut. Losing 20lbs and not losing any strength is a pretty awesome feat.
    Thanks PR, yeah it's riiiiight there, I can almost taste it. Yeah I am surprised I've held out this long with the cut and the lifts have been going up. It is MUCH easier to cut from a heavy body weight to a slightly less heavy bw though. Going like 140 to 120 would probably be brutal on someone strength wise. And I haven't been doing physical stuff at work during the cut so I'm able to put my energy into lifting.

I almost missed your awesome workout Hammie!! PR's EVERYWHERE!!! I've said this before and I'll say it again, there's too much awesomeness going on in here Hammie. Congrats!!!!
    Thank you Vic, I'm very happy with the lifts lately and having a lot of fun with it.

Workout coming up...
    Current PRs:

SQUATS

SUPPS:
    PRE: Con-Cret Pre1 1.5 scoops
    INTRA: Con-Cret 1.5 scoops

WARMUP:
    -Arm circles of peace
    -BW squats

LEGS:
    Squats:
    *rehband knee sleeves
    45x12
    95x9
    135x5
    165x3
    *belt
    195x3
    225x7 *Rep PR
    240x3 *Rep PR
    240x3

245x1
    245x1
    225x5

CARDIO:
    Bike: 30min, Course 1, Level 6, 9.6 miles

OTHER PREHAB:
    -Stretching 30min

Good but challenging squats day. 195 felt really easy, went ham on 225, incredibly hard set. I remember the days when 225 x anything was a huge thing for me. Never did triples above 235 so that was cool. I'm aiming to go a little bit lower on depth. Looks alright but like I'm just touching parallel. I may wear my compression tights next time instead of big shorts so I can see what's happening a bit better. Overall put up some good weight and 110% effort was put forth.

Confident I should be able to hit more than 255 for a single going by some of these rep sets I'm able to hit, but jeez chit gets heavy and a bit daunting above like 235ish. I guess it's just like bp, keep working up to where I can with even heavy singles and get comfortable with the weight. 225 on squat used to freak me out, now it's no big deal.
    Current PRs:

wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    H3ll Yeah! Freaking awesome PRs ham. Mirin that 240x3
    ᕙ(͡°‿ ͡°)

dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    And it is weird that the last few months have been the first time EVER that I've been able to use all my energy/strength on lifting instead of at work 12hrs a day and then struggling to fit in any kind of lifting after work. CLIFFS: Have a business, spent many yrs doing much of the physical labor myself, recently was able to afford enough people to put in those positions so I can stick to the management side of it. So yeah I'm now able to go full on at the gym for the first time and I'm sometimes unsure how to do that.

This makes me so happy to hear, my fren'.

Now I will sneak out while y'all talk technical powerlifting shiz. Call me when we get back to sex in weird places and cats. xoxo
    "Eat some oatmeal, do some squats, how hard is that seriously."--Prof Ham
    ..............................................................................
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers
    ...............................................................................
    For the lulz and an occasional intelligent thought, plus pics:

http://musclemilkisnotaeuphemism.blogspot.com/

Cackhanded is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cackhanded is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cackhanded is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cackhanded is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cackhanded is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cackhanded is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cackhanded is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cackhanded is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cackhanded is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cackhanded is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cackhanded is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Confident I should be able to hit more than 255 for a single going by some of these rep sets I'm able to hit, but jeez chit gets heavy and a bit daunting above like 235ish. I guess it's just like bp, keep working up to where I can with even heavy singles and get comfortable with the weight. 225 on squat used to freak me out, now it's no big deal.
    Light weight baby! Strong squats

Just out of curiosity, what prompted you to start using knee sleeves?
    'Fawk That's Heavy' beginner powerlifters journal--->http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170722331

122/77/152

Originally Posted by wishiwasdivin View Post
    H3ll Yeah! Freaking awesome PRs ham. Mirin that 240x3
    Thanks Carl, had some jam in my ham for that squat day.

Originally Posted by dreahere View Post
    This makes me so happy to hear, my fren'.

Now I will sneak out while y'all talk technical powerlifting shiz. Call me when we get back to sex in weird places and cats. xoxo
    Me too, the struggle is real. Lulz ok you will be on standby for such subjects.

Originally Posted by Cackhanded View Post
    Light weight baby! Strong squats

Just out of curiosity, what prompted you to start using knee sleeves?
    Thanks! I eventually noticed everybody wearing them who was squatting a decent amount and looked into it. Was told they help with injury prevention and feel great keeping your knees warm. Can confirm, they feel great keeping my knees warm! I guess there really is no reason not to and if it helps even in a small way then great.
    Current PRs:

Squattages of awesomeness Hammie!! Congrats on the PR's!!

BACK/BICEPS

SUPPS:
    PRE: Con-Cret Pre1 1.5 scoops
    INTRA: none

WARMUP:
    -Arm circles of peace
    -BW squats

BACK:
    Pull Ups:
    bw x 8
    bw x 7
    bw x 5
    bw x 5
    bw x 5
    bw x 5
    *got a couple extra

Lat Pulldown:
    100x10
    115x8
    130x7
    140x6
    140x5
    130x8
    *rep improvements

DB Rows:
    60s x 8
    70s x 7
    75s x 6
    75s x 6
    75s x 6
    70s x 8
    65s x 8
    *rep improvements again

HS Row:
    1pps x 6
    2pps x 7
    100lb ps x 5
    100lb ps x 5
    2pps x 7
    2pps x 7
    1.5pps x 8
    *weight and reps has been improving steadily

Face Pulls:
    35 x 15
    42.5 x 12
    50 x 9
    50 x 9
    50 x 8
    42.5 x 11
    *kept the wt lower on these and tried to get a little pause with the rope spread

BICEPS:
    DB Curls:
    22.5s x 17
    25s x 12
    25s x 10

OTHER PREHAB:
    -Stretching 30min
    -Sauna 15min

Solid workout, improved on most things. Pull ups are getting a lot easier with the bw drop. I'll probably start limiting that to whatever I can get out of 5 or 6 sets. Smashed the db rows and slowly creeping my way up to 3pps on the Hammer Strength row.
    Current PRs:

Squattages of awesomeness Hammie!! Congrats on the PR's!!
    Thanks friend!
    Current PRs:

Lots of squat PRs in there. Congrats on that! Have to love how as your max goes up, weights that used to feel heavy are now a way lower percentage of 1RM and feel so much lighter.

Originally Posted by dreahere View Post
    Now I will sneak out while y'all talk technical powerlifting shiz. Call me when we get back to sex in weird places and cats.
    Wait, does it have to be one or the other? Can't this be an all-inclusive place where we discuss powerlifting, sex in weird places AND cats?

Thanks! I eventually noticed everybody wearing them who was squatting a decent amount and looked into it. Was told they help with injury prevention and feel great keeping your knees warm. Can confirm, they feel great keeping my knees warm! I guess there really is no reason not to and if it helps even in a small way then great.
    I've been wondering if I should pick up some sleeves. Weirdly, squatting without anything on my knees was all I ever did before, and that was working fine for me. Now that I'm using wraps on the heavy stuff, my knees feel so nekkid with nothing on them when I'm warming up and I'm finding that I'm really hyper-aware of my knees now, which is driving me a little crazy.

Also, BWx8 on pull ups @ 167?!?! That is like 8 more pull ups than I can do @ 167 lol. I bow before you, pull ups queen!!!

stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Wait, does it have to be one or the other? Can't this be an all-inclusive place where we discuss powerlifting, sex in weird places AND cats?
    I pop in unexpectedly and this is what I find...Haha
    Why do I do this weightlifting thing for the last 34 years with all its ups and downs life has handed me? Because each time I came back stronger. NEVER GIVE UP. Gym life is about more than muscles getting bigger and weights going up. Its wisdom discipline dedication humility you name it.