Spock96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unsure to do cardio or weights? Advice appreciated

Hey! Would just like some advice on my situation from experienced people on here. I'm currently around 5"10 and 165 pounds. I am not fat looking but have quite abit of belly fat and is say my body fat is not that impressive. I'm perhaps skinnyfat.

I'm just looking for some advice on whether to do cardio for a few months to drop fat before building muscle or just start lifting weights now. Or both. Should I eat more than usual or not.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Please move to correct section if it's in the wrong one. Thanks
    Last edited by Spock96; 04-27-2015 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Wrong section?

Turtora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turtora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turtora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turtora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turtora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turtora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turtora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turtora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turtora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turtora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turtora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    I regard weight training as mandatory for both muscle gains and fat loss (otherwise muscle is burned as fuel by the body). Cardio is optional - you can also just reduce your intake and achieve much the same thing.

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    ^^^^^ This.

In a calorie deficit, the body tries to stop itself from starving. Muscle is the only thing that burns fuel.
    If you don't tax the muscle, and provide adequate protein, the body senses that the muscle is not needed and converts it to fuel.
    So the better option, than severe dieting, is to lift heavy, keep protein and calories at a good level, and add cardio in as necessary.
    Otherwise you'll chew through muscle and rebound when the calorie restriction ends.
    Each lb of muscle can burn between 30-50 calories per day, activity dependent. So save it.
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads