Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    cltguy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm 5 days out of surgery, PT tomorrow and then follow deucesup with the doctor on following day. My tenodesis was performed with q fix suture anchors, instead of the interference screw. I also had rotator cuff tear, removed sutures from a failed SLAP tear and replaced them, removed a bone spur and did a cuff debridement. And did not get a large incision thanks to the anchor process, just multiple portholes. my nerve block wear off in the middle of the night after about 14 hours, and that was pretty bad pain. I still can't sleep even in the recliner my shoulder has been aching like crazy. Did get out and go for some walks the past couple days which was nice to see some sunlight. Showering was glorious, small wins.

tkdnj is just really nice. (+1000) tkdnj is just really nice. (+1000) tkdnj is just really nice. (+1000) tkdnj is just really nice. (+1000) tkdnj is just really nice. (+1000) tkdnj is just really nice. (+1000) tkdnj is just really nice. (+1000) tkdnj is just really nice. (+1000) tkdnj is just really nice. (+1000) tkdnj is just really nice. (+1000) tkdnj is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by cltguy View Post
    I'm 5 days out of surgery, PT tomorrow and then follow deucesup with the doctor on following day. My tenodesis was performed with q fix suture anchors, instead of the interference screw. I also had rotator cuff tear, removed sutures from a failed SLAP tear and replaced them, removed a bone spur and did a cuff debridement. And did not get a large incision thanks to the anchor process, just multiple portholes. my nerve block wear off in the middle of the night after about 14 hours, and that was pretty bad pain. I still can't sleep even in the recliner my shoulder has been aching like crazy. Did get out and go for some walks the past couple days which was nice to see some sunlight. Showering was glorious, small wins.
    Your first 5 days sounds pretty standard... How are you doing now about 4 weeks after?

Originally Posted by tkdnj View Post
    Your first 5 days sounds pretty standard... How are you doing now about 4 weeks after?
    I my Doc took me out of the sling and I'm back to work. Bicep is cramping badly, and my range of motion seems less than I expected, I can't get my arm past my shoulder height without lots of tightness and pain. He through me on Voltarin anti-inflammatory today and let me and the PT get more aggressive with stretching - Ouch. When did the pain the stop aching for you? I don't need meds to deal with it, but it's always an ache.

Sleeping is still horrible, I can't get comfortable, but besides that I'm good.

tkdnj is just really nice. (+1000) tkdnj is just really nice. (+1000) tkdnj is just really nice. (+1000) tkdnj is just really nice. (+1000) tkdnj is just really nice. (+1000) tkdnj is just really nice. (+1000) tkdnj is just really nice. (+1000) tkdnj is just really nice. (+1000) tkdnj is just really nice. (+1000) tkdnj is just really nice. (+1000) tkdnj is just really nice. (+1000)
    I my Doc took me out of the sling and I'm back to work. Bicep is cramping badly, and my range of motion seems less than I expected, I can't get my arm past my shoulder height without lots of tightness and pain. He through me on Voltarin anti-inflammatory today and let me and the PT get more aggressive with stretching - Ouch. When did the pain the stop aching for you? I don't need meds to deal with it, but it's always an ache.

You sound like you're doing fine. I had my sling on for 6 weeks. Regarding cramping, pain, and range of motion, I don't remember all the details, but they should all be in this log for you to see. I do remember I slept in a recliner for almost 3 months, and sleep sucked many weeks after that. You'll get there buddy!

I just went back to check... I posted an update 4, 6, and 8 weeks after surgery, and then again at 5 months. Those posts pretty much address your questions. Good Luck! Keep us posted!

gymisit is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymisit is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymisit is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymisit is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymisit is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymisit is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymisit is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymisit is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymisit is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymisit is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymisit is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    How is this for recovery?

Search: 17 wks post op: Bicep Tenodesis

on YouTube.

Sorry can't post links yet.

MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP.that pic on your first post after surgery was crazy . How did this happen in the first place , from weight training ?
    Asteroid 2020

Originally Posted by gymisit View Post
    How is this for recovery?

Search: 17 wks post op: Bicep Tenodesis

on YouTube.

Sorry can't post links yet.
    Sorry - can't find it. What is the EXACT title?

Originally Posted by MajorTendonitis View Post
    OP.that pic on your first post after surgery was crazy . How did this happen in the first place , from weight training ?
    The damage was probably done over a 20 year period, a combination of over training, a couple of sports injuries, taekwondo etc... My right shoulder was sore (at different degrees) for much of that 20 years. Then when it got to the point that I couldn't sleep comfortably I decided to get the surgery. That large incision was due to my bicep tendon being so damaged that the surgeon had to cut long and deep to get any healthy tissue to attach into my upper arm. It took about 18 months post surgery to really feel great, but it was worth it. I am currently debating getting the left one done now.

ehale2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Brand new to the forum. So glad I found your thread. I'm 3 weeks out from surgery. Full supraspinatous repair with bicep tenodesis. I'm 50 yrs old and scared that I would not be able to hit the weights again. Thanks to all for the info. Knowing I will return to what I love, is half the battle. Although I'm only 3 weeks out, I feel good. Thanks to all!

Originally Posted by ehale2 View Post
    Brand new to the forum. So glad I found your thread. I'm 3 weeks out from surgery. Full supraspinatous repair with bicep tenodesis. I'm 50 yrs old and scared that I would not be able to hit the weights again. Thanks to all for the info. Knowing I will return to what I love, is half the battle. Although I'm only 3 weeks out, I feel good. Thanks to all!
    Full supraspinatous tear and bicep tenodesis is exactly like me. You will be back. How long it will take will depend on how much they need to do. I was a worse case scenario, but my repaired shoulder feels perfect now

So I had to have a second surgery December 20th - appears a lot of scar tissue formed and became infected. I have much more motion post that surgery - since he just cleaned it out I have no restriction, but was on antibiotics for 3+ weeks. My biceps tendon is still killing me close to my shoulder where it's attached. I'm getting frustrated to say the least. Your surgery was a mini-open? Do you know if your tendon attached with a screw? and where it was attached at?

So I had to have a second surgery December 20th - appears a lot of scar tissue formed and became infected. I have much more motion post that surgery - since he just cleaned it out I have no restriction, but was on antibiotics for 3+ weeks. My biceps tendon is still killing me close to my shoulder where it's attached. I'm getting frustrated to say the least. Your surgery was a mini-open? Do you know if your tendon attached with a screw? and where it was attached at?
    I have like a two inch scar where my tenodesis was done because I had minimal healthy bicep tendon to work with. The surgeon had to dig deep. My bicep tendon is attached with a double anchor just above the bicep. My bicep cramped for a long time. Give yours more time. Good luck.