Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: NESTA or ISSA?

Liftfourlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Liftfourlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Liftfourlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Liftfourlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Liftfourlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Liftfourlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Liftfourlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Liftfourlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Liftfourlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Liftfourlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Liftfourlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by bryan101b View Post
    Op don't get upset cause someone spoke to you as an adult and told you the truth.

Unfortunately what these guys said was the truth.

Those certs are garbage. This doesn't mean you are a crappy trainer, or bad person.
    it just means the certificate is.
    Bryan, I'm interested in both the NCSA-CPT and Precision Nutrition. I'm 65 and went from 227 to 177 in 4 months. Down to my college weight. My question what's the difference between the NCSA and the ACSM certifications. I heard they are both hard to pass. Do you need a Bachalor of Science degree to take the precision certification. Thanks for your help in advance.
    Advertising and self-promotion not permitted.

Liftfourlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Liftfourlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Liftfourlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Liftfourlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Liftfourlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Liftfourlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Liftfourlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Liftfourlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Liftfourlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Liftfourlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Liftfourlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by RamsdenF View Post
    Try to quit being a mouthpiece for ISSA and use the rational part of your brain.

If one has to ask.....one should wonder if he/she is within the group in question. This is a pretty blatantly obvious issue.

I don't care about NASM. We are talking about ISSA. I have my issues with NASM, but they still are widely recognized. It is better than ISSA.

Excellent evidence. Outstanding testimony based in fact huh?

You are a joke. Nothing but a mouthpiece for a crap cert. ISSA is neither respected or accepted. And all ISSA trainers know their stuff soooooo well, that they have to have an open book exam.

Its a good start. There are many factors but this atleast rules out the ability to google every answer.

This right here.......is one of the major issues in our industry. You are discouraging education. Time and time again a GOOD SOLID EDUCATION gets SLAMMED. Why? I'm guessing envy and jealousy. Somebody has something that you do not. So therefore you slam someone for their success and achievement.

WE NEED TOUGHER EXAMS NOT EASIER YOU JERK. We already have a low entry barrier to this field. And you want to make it even easier.

Finally, a rational point.
    Fred Hatfield is the author of the ISSA Textbook. Here are his credentials. I'd put these up against any authors of PT Textbooks. Plus he was a world class powerfifter so he walked the walk.

Hatfield was born in Williamstown, Massachusetts in 1942.[4] He graduated from Cromwell High School. He served in the United States Marine Corps until 1964, when he enrolled in Southern Connecticut State University.
    Upon graduating, Hatfield earned his Bachelor of Science degree in health, physical education and recreation.[4] He then attended the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, where he earned his Master's degree in the social sciences of sport. He went on to earn his PhD in psychology, sociology and motor learning from Temple University in Philadelphia.
    Hatfield held positions at Newark State College, Bowie State University, and the University of Wisconsin–Madison. He taught undergraduate students, and conducted research in sport psychology. He has written over 60 books, some of them best-sellers.[6] His best-selling seminal work Bodybuilding:A Scientific Approach set the standard for many fitness books today. He wrote hundreds of academic and fitness articles which have been cited by experts, including Anabolic Steroids expert James Wright [7].
    He trained hundreds of professional athletes including Mr. Olympia winner Lee Haney, Evander Holyfield, and Lyle Alzado.[8]
    He was inducted in the National Fitness Hall of Fame in 2016

Originally Posted by Ronin4help View Post
    It doesn't matter how great the material is. You are focused on the wrong component. ISSA cannot verify they are providing certificates to the people who took the exam. They can only know that they are providing certificates to the name on the sales order form. The name itself could be fake for that matter.

Seriously, what is that? Is this really what you are so proud of?

The manner and the associated premise in which you are provided the credential are the problem, not the material provided.
    Also what's very very disturbing is the salesman at ISSA told me I don't have to get my CPR certification in person. For 40.00 ISSA can give me one. This is one area where you need to take a live class and learn from a medical person. NO WAY is an online CPR cert worth anything.

Originally Posted by Ronin4help View Post
    Critically acclaimed statements never begin like this...'I had to get certified quick, so chose ISSA.'

It's like saying, 'I was starving so I had to get some food quick... went to Taco Bell. Their food is pretty good.'

Nothing acquired quickly or fast is any good. Absolutely nothing.
    Maybe the guy came over to America and finding out his certification was no good needed to get one fast so he could get employment. DUH! You are ignorant.

Registered User malikabdulwahab's Avatar
    malikabdulwahab will become famous soon enough. (+50) malikabdulwahab will become famous soon enough. (+50) malikabdulwahab will become famous soon enough. (+50) malikabdulwahab will become famous soon enough. (+50) malikabdulwahab will become famous soon enough. (+50) malikabdulwahab will become famous soon enough. (+50) malikabdulwahab will become famous soon enough. (+50) malikabdulwahab will become famous soon enough. (+50) malikabdulwahab will become famous soon enough. (+50) malikabdulwahab will become famous soon enough. (+50) malikabdulwahab will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Do you know that basic website still makes me money. So what are you looking to do pal? Why are these your only two options? As someone that owns a business, your resume gets thrown in the trash with either of those two certs.

EveryBodyspt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i prefer ACE or ACSM

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Liftfourlife View Post
    Maybe the guy came over to America and finding out his certification was no good needed to get one fast so he could get employment. DUH! You are ignorant.
    How does your hypothesis counter the notion that obtaining a 'fast' credential is a bad thing? Allow me to answer for you... it doesn't. The reason as to why one acquires a credential perceived to be fast is irrelevant. The only relevant factor in this discussion, in considering value, is the length of time in which it was acquired.
    To succeed at doing what you love, you often must do many things you hate.