Thread: JYM: Pre JYM ?

Shaun603 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shaun603 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shaun603 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shaun603 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shaun603 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shaun603 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shaun603 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shaun603 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shaun603 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shaun603 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shaun603 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

JYM: Pre JYM ?

Hey guys I just recently started trying out suppliments. By suggestion, I picked up Jim Stoppani's JYM stack. Yesterday, I took my recommended Pre JYM dose as well as a scoop of protein about 45min prior to hitting the gym. I get on the bench and start. By the time I'm on my 4th set pushing to my failure reps, a massive headache hits me out of no where. Bad enough I had to wipe down the bench and go home, pop some Aleve and lie down for an hour. I figure its just a fluke, I wasn't feeling that great yesterday before hand anyways. Today, I do the same thing. Pre JYM, Protein about 30min or so. Go right to the gym, feeling amazing and pretty well pumped up. I get on the incline bench for some dumb bell presses and after my first set pushing heavy I can feel the same headache starting to come out. So i wiped down and stopped right away.

Has anybody experienced this with Jim's Pre JYM shake? It looks like the only real active ingredient is the 300mg of caffeine. I drink coffee pretty strong often enough so I don't think it's the caffeine. Can anybody recommend maybe another pre gym supplement I could try?

Thanks!

Aramirezjr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aramirezjr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aramirezjr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aramirezjr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aramirezjr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aramirezjr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aramirezjr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aramirezjr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aramirezjr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aramirezjr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aramirezjr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Shaun603 View Post
    Hey guys I just recently started trying out suppliments. By suggestion, I picked up Jim Stoppani's JYM stack. Yesterday, I took my recommended Pre JYM dose as well as a scoop of protein about 45min prior to hitting the gym. I get on the bench and start. By the time I'm on my 4th set pushing to my failure reps, a massive headache hits me out of no where. Bad enough I had to wipe down the bench and go home, pop some Aleve and lie down for an hour. I figure its just a fluke, I wasn't feeling that great yesterday before hand anyways. Today, I do the same thing. Pre JYM, Protein about 30min or so. Go right to the gym, feeling amazing and pretty well pumped up. I get on the incline bench for some dumb bell presses and after my first set pushing heavy I can feel the same headache starting to come out. So i wiped down and stopped right away.

Has anybody experienced this with Jim's Pre JYM shake? It looks like the only real active ingredient is the 300mg of caffeine. I drink coffee pretty strong often enough so I don't think it's the caffeine. Can anybody recommend maybe another pre gym supplement I could try?

Thanks!
    If you are drinking a lot of coffee and also taking this PWO with 300mg of caffeine you might just be getting too much caffeine on a daily basis. Try something without stimulants such as Noxivol, Hemavol2 etc.
    ***COUNTRYMIKE APPRECIATION CREW***
    ☆☆☆☆☆ TWINLAB FUEL TEAM MILITIA member since May 2014 ☆☆☆☆☆

Previous Logs:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163204351
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163179741
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163056781

lollerskatess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lollerskatess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lollerskatess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lollerskatess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lollerskatess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lollerskatess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lollerskatess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lollerskatess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lollerskatess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lollerskatess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lollerskatess has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Could be totally unrelated but how much water are you drinking before you hit the gym?
    I don't even lift.

Shaun603 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shaun603 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shaun603 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shaun603 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shaun603 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shaun603 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shaun603 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shaun603 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shaun603 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shaun603 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shaun603 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by lollerskatess View Post
    Could be totally unrelated but how much water are you drinking before you hit the gym?
    I would say possibly around 64 oz not including the a couple large ice coffees and the water added for the supplements.

Originally Posted by Aramirezjr View Post
    If you are drinking a lot of coffee and also taking this PWO with 300mg of caffeine you might just be getting too much caffeine on a daily basis. Try something without stimulants such as Noxivol, Hemavol2 etc.
    It is possible that i'm getting too much I suppose. I'm good for a couple large black ice coffees a day before late afternoon when I'm headed to the gym.

lollerskatess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lollerskatess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lollerskatess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lollerskatess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lollerskatess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lollerskatess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lollerskatess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lollerskatess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lollerskatess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lollerskatess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lollerskatess has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I would say possibly around 64 oz not including the a couple large ice coffees and the water added for the supplements.

It is possible that i'm getting too much I suppose. I'm good for a couple large black ice coffees a day before late afternoon when I'm headed to the gym.
    You could try and take in more water before you get to the gym and see if that helps, you really have nothing to lose by doing this anyways
    I don't even lift.

Originally Posted by lollerskatess View Post
    You could try and take in more water before you get to the gym and see if that helps, you really have nothing to lose by doing this anyways
    Indeed. I'm gonna give it one more go and replace my normal coffee's for water instead I guess and see what happens.

Indeed. I'm gonna give it one more go and replace my normal coffee's for water instead I guess and see what happens.
    It most likely is just taking in too many caffeinated beverages, then preworkout and not having drank enough water before hitting the gym. Change it up and keep us posted!
    I don't even lift.

Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    the reason I drink decaf coffee. I love the taste of coffee, but if I drink too much caffeine, it doesn't affect me as good.
    call me the rap assasinator, rhymes rugged and built like Schwarzenegger.

wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    How much coffee are you having prior to taking your pwo? IMO I would cut out the coffee an just have the pwo an see how that works.
    ᕙ(͡°‿ ͡°)

Aramirezjr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aramirezjr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aramirezjr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aramirezjr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aramirezjr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aramirezjr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aramirezjr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aramirezjr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aramirezjr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aramirezjr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aramirezjr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by wishiwasdivin View Post
    How much coffee are you having prior to taking your pwo? IMO I would cut out the coffee an just have the pwo an see how that works.
    \
    Pretty sure this is the problem right here

I'm good for a couple large black ice coffees a day before late afternoon

I would skip those two and try and see. Might work out better for you. Or if you can't just have the one early in the am.

My 2 cents

Previous Logs:

Yeah I definitely don't need the coffee in the morning. I just drink it for the taste haha. I'm gonna try it without coffee for the whole day and drink more water. May even try half a scoop at first, as the fine print I probably should of read yesterday suggests.

Yeah I definitely don't need the coffee in the morning. I just drink it for the taste haha. I'm gonna try it without coffee for the whole day and drink more water. May even try half a scoop at first, as the fine print I probably should of read yesterday suggests.
    Honestly with your stats and the fact that you probably already got used to it I would take as recommended now. Usually the 1/2 scoop is to see tolerance for stims, but at 2 large coffees you are like me...pretty tolerable of stims There has only been 1 PWO that has done me in...and that was following label directions and taking 4 scoops of PreShock...holly smokes was I red from Niacin flush and caffeine through the roof lol

Previous Logs:

AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Went through two tubs and had this problem with the second tub. Pretty much ruined the workout.

Hah I don't know maybe third time is a charm. I'm gonna try easing into it. I can't lose another day! as AMeyer9 says, it flat out ruins the workout.

tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Does sound like bring dehydrated which is easy to fix. Cut the coffee back and id drink a bottle water before the jym or just double up the water in the jym. Then Id even drink some on way.
    i drink a lot of water esp around working out. If felt what u did before and it sux.
    Used to be fat, now just fat with a lot of muscle.

come check out my latest log: Layne Nortons Carbon line http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169447773

B1LL1ST1C is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) B1LL1ST1C is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) B1LL1ST1C is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) B1LL1ST1C is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) B1LL1ST1C is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) B1LL1ST1C is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) B1LL1ST1C is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) B1LL1ST1C is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) B1LL1ST1C is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) B1LL1ST1C is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) B1LL1ST1C is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Everyone seems to be overlooking the nootropic aspect of the formula. This has become a problem for myself as well and I firmly believe it's a direct result of the choline source and huperzine A. As minute of an amount as they are I just don't seem to pair well with these sort of focus ingredients. This is of course after multiple trial and error experiments with products containing these or similar nootropics as well as trying specific ones in isolation such as alpha gpc and cdp-choline. Nice focus enhancement followed by a dull sometimes painful headache soon after. Not saying this is the cause of YOUR indiviual symptoms but just something to think about. For the record bb.com's Scream is quite similar with no ill side effects for me. I seem to do well with Glucuronolactone and Tyrosine.

Originally Posted by B1LL1ST1C View Post
    Everyone seems to be overlooking the nootropic aspect of the formula. This has become a problem for myself as well and I firmly believe it's a direct result of the choline source and huperzine A. As minute of an amount as they are I just don't seem to pair well with these sort of focus ingredients. This is of course after multiple trial and error experiments with products containing these or similar nootropics as well as trying specific ones in isolation such as alpha gpc and cdp-choline. Nice focus enhancement followed by a dull sometimes painful headache soon after. Not saying this is the cause of YOUR indiviual symptoms but just something to think about. For the record bb.com's Scream is quite similar with no ill side effects for me. I seem to do well with Glucuronolactone and Tyrosine.
    Update: I think I may have your same problem with it. Today I cut out coffee all together and drank and extra 48oz of water on top of what i normally drink. Took half a scoop this time. Flat bench db flys 1 set, by the time I hit my 8th rep it was right there. So I guess I'm done with it:/ Will try to contact bb.com and see if theirs anything I can do. I'm not sure which supplement your pointing out from bb.com but I'd like to follow in your foot steps and try it.

Update: I think I may have your same problem with it. Today I cut out coffee all together and drank and extra 48oz of water on top of what i normally drink. Took half a scoop this time. Flat bench db flys 1 set, by the time I hit my 8th rep it was right there. So I guess I'm done with it:/ Will try to contact bb.com and see if theirs anything I can do. I'm not sure which supplement your pointing out from bb.com but I'd like to follow in your foot steps and try it.
    He meant BB.com's Scream it is a great PWO on the same lines and even better than JYM

Previous Logs:

Originally Posted by Aramirezjr View Post
    He meant BB.com's Scream it is a great PWO on the same lines and even better than JYM
    Yeah I'm pretty noobish all around I'm having a hardtime finding bb.com'seam haha. also got a free sample of C4 from cellucor. I may give this one a shot as well.

B1LL1ST1C is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) B1LL1ST1C is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) B1LL1ST1C is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) B1LL1ST1C is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) B1LL1ST1C is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) B1LL1ST1C is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) B1LL1ST1C is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) B1LL1ST1C is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) B1LL1ST1C is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) B1LL1ST1C is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) B1LL1ST1C is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    haha i actually edited that cause i caught it last night but it didnt work apparently. The product is called "Scream" check it out, it's quite popular.

Originally Posted by B1LL1ST1C View Post
    haha i actually edited that cause i caught it last night but it didnt work apparently. The product is called "Scream" check it out, it's quite popular.
    haha thanks man, got it now. I'm gonna give it a shot.