OmegaredAfy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OmegaredAfy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OmegaredAfy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OmegaredAfy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OmegaredAfy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OmegaredAfy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OmegaredAfy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OmegaredAfy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OmegaredAfy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OmegaredAfy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OmegaredAfy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Talking ** project:- granite avenger** mission:- 24 weeks to uk classic class obliteration!

Hey Guys!

Some of you may know me, some of you may not know me.

I have decided to keep a log to my competing debut 24 weeks out until the regional UK championships...which i hope to win and then onto the UK finals which i also hope to win....Or atleast this is the plan!

I will be competing in the Classic Category, which is designed around "Old School" physiques, which i think is pretty awesome, it is controlled by height and weight, i would need to be no more than 183lbs on contest day at my height of 5ft10 to compete. I am sitting at 192- 193lbs right now and looking to get as SHREDDED as humanly possible, which i think for me will be about 178-180lbs. I am on a mission to be just walking fibres this year and then next year i will be a size queen and start a new project for mass gains haha. But this year is ALL about bringing a shredded physique to the stage.

I am currently 24 weeks out from my first show, below are some pics, i am flat, no pump yada yada but i want to give the best example of where i am currently sitting. I want to make this log as detailed as possible and will be providing tons of video footage, i will update pics every 2 weeks until 10 weeks out where i will do it every week.

I KNOW i am not showing my quads in these pics, but they are really hairy and well i cannot be asked to shave or wax them this early out, lazy i know.

Right now i am following a carb cycle diet , i am doing no cardio at all and using no fat burners, so i have a lot of tools so to speak to remove the fat.

Diet looks like this :- Low carb day - 300p / 80-100cho / 40f med carb day - 300p / 150-200cho / 40 f high carb day - 200p / 350-400cho / 40f

I do not follow a set routine, i manipulate based on my weight , how i look and how i feel.

My training is set up as follows:
    Sunday - Chest / Delts
    Monday - quads / hams
    tuesday - Back / bis
    weds - rest
    thurs- Chest /Tris / delts
    fri - Back / traps
    Sat - Arms

My approach is simple, i am a HUGE believer in HEAVY training low volume, typically i do 2-3 excercises for each bodypart with a total of 8-10 sets in the 4-8 rep range excpet for legs which is up in the 15-20 rep range, i do the heavy work first and follow up with a "pump" set to just flush the muscle with as much blood as possible, usually this is a 50 rep set.

So anyway , let the games BEGIN! :-D

NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    IN bro! Incredible starting position
    advertising not permitted

OmegaredAfy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OmegaredAfy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OmegaredAfy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OmegaredAfy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OmegaredAfy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OmegaredAfy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OmegaredAfy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OmegaredAfy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OmegaredAfy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OmegaredAfy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OmegaredAfy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thanks brother, i intend to really get as nasty shredded as i humanly can, that is the vision i have created within my mind and that is all i will pursuit for the next 20 + weeks.

So yesterday looked like this:-

SUNDAY - Low carb day - 300p / 50c / 30-40f weight 199 (post huge cheat meal)

Wake up :- 10g glutamine
    Meal 1 - 10 egg whites
    Pre workout shake - 250mg caff / 3g aakg / 1.5g agmatine / 3g citruline malate / 3g beta alanine
    Train :- Chest / Delts
    Decline Bench press - 3 works sets for 6 reps , 4 reps and 3 reps
    Incline Clavicle Smith Press - 2 work sets 6 reps
    Weighted Press ups - 2 works sets 5 reps
    Pump work - flat bench press drop set total of 100 reps
    Machine Shoulder press - 3 work sets 6 reps, 6 reps , 5 reps
    Side lateral raise each arm - 3 work sets 8 reps
    rear lateral raise - 3 works sets 8 reps
    Pump work - giant set 20 reps of each :- dumbell press , front lateral raise, side lateral raises and rear lateral raises. 3 circuits

INTRA WORKOUT SHAKE - 10g hyrdolyzed whey, 15g glutamine , 1g aakg , 2g citrluline malate , 15g bcaa, 5g creatine 50g cyclic dxtrin

M2:- 8oz turkey breast with 6oz green beans + 1 cla + 2 epa capsules and 1 evening primrose capsule

M3:- 8oz turkey breast with 6oz green beans + 1 cla + 2 epa capsules and 1 evening primrose capsule

M4 - 10 egg whites + vit d3 1 cla + 2 epa capsules and 1 evening primrose capsule

m5:- 8oz turkey breast with 6oz green beans + 1 cla + 2 epa capsules and 1 evening primrose capsule

Really good day, excellent progression with my weights, i love this setup for chest and am seeing continued improvment, the heavy lifting low volume really helps me maintain a "pop" to my muscles in spite of low carbs / calories.

Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm in, especially if we are bound to see some more epic refeeds.
    Team General Mills

mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    In for this man,

Got a ton of muscle on your frame, its shred time!!!
    2015 NANBF Pittsburgh Overall Champion

THANKS GUYS! REALLY KEEPS ME MOTIVATED!

My goal is to just go beyond what i ever believed to be shredded, this is more than a contest or trophy or whatever, its like me trying to reach the highest pinnacle of shreddedness, but then you ask ....why compete? Because it makes it REAL , it gives a deadline and that is what i need.

OK so lets look at Monday 12th April

weight was 197.8 and my workout looked like this:-

Quads / Hams

Leg ext - 3 sets of 8 reps
    Leg press - 2 sets of 8 reps
    Hack Squat - 2 sets of 6 reps
    Leg Press blood pump work - 2 sets of 50 constant tension reps
    Adductor machine - 2 sets of 8 reps
    Leg Curl Machine - 2sets of 6 reps
    Hamstring pump work - 2 sets of 50 reps constant tension.

On paper this looks like wtf? but in reality i could barely walk, when i am doing 8 reps, these are with the heaviest possible weight i can handle, each week , each session i treat purely as perfomance based, i dont go in for a pump or this stuff, i go in to progress, i look at is as a job, i make sure my form is sold, my muscle connection is solid and my strength is pushed to cause adaption.

My diet was a low carb day, really i am just getting rid of the water from an overzelous pre prep cheat and then we will really start cycling about :-

So macros look like this 300 pro / 50c / 40 f +/- 10g on each macro

Diet is like thus:-

wake up - 10g Glutamine
    M1 - 10 eggs whites + salad
    Pre workout shake .

During workout - 15g hydrolysed whey, 15g glutamine, 10 bcaas, 5g creatine, 1g agmatine, 50g cyclic dextrin.

M2- 8oz turkey breast with 6 oz green beans ( i do the chicken marinated in non fat yogurt and cajun spice, with the green beans roasted with jamaican spices)

10g glutamine

M3:- 8oz turkey breat with 6ox green beans + 2g cla and 2g EPA

10g glutamine

M4:- 10 egg whites + 6 oz salad +2g cla + 2g epa

10g glutamine

M5:- 8oz turkey breast and 6 oz green beans

Tuesday 14th april Back and bicep day !

weight was 195 , what we like to see, macros again low day - 300p / 50c / 40 f

Workout looked like this:-

Weighted Close Grip Pullups - 3 sets of 6 reps, 6 reps , 5 reps
    Lat Pulldowns - 3 sets of 6 reps
    Low Pulley Cable Rows - 3 sets of 6 reps
    Rack Pulls - 3 sets of 10 reps
    then i do a hanging stretch for 30-45 secs followed by 50 reps of a row movement and pullover movement, this is repeated twice

Incline dumbell bicep curls - 4 sets of 6 reps
    hammer db curls - 2 sets of 6 reps
    concentration dumbell curls - 1 set of 60 reps
    hammer dumbell curl - 1 set of 60 reps

Great workout, i am keeping my back movement heavy, taking the time i need between sets, on stage and i many shows you see density lost and very weak lower back thickness in many competitors who dont keep those key heavy lifts in, i cant allow myself to do this i MUST do everything i can to maintain density throughout my physique, its scary because until you are in contest condition ...you cant say how much muscle on your body was actually real dense tissue haha.

Diet looked like this:-

wake up - 10g Glutamine
    M1 - 10 eggs whites + salad
    Pre workout shake .

During workout - 15g hydrolysed whey, 15g glutamine, 10 bcaas, 5g creatine, 1g agmatine, 50g cyclic dextrin.

M2- 10oz turkey breast with 6 oz green beans ( i do the chicken marinated in non fat yogurt and cajun spice, with the green beans roasted with jamaican spices)

10g glutamine

M3:- 8oz turkey breat with 6ox green beans + 2g cla and 2g EPA

10g glutamine

M4:- 10 egg whites + 6 oz salad +2g cla + 2g epa

10g glutamine

M5:- 10 egg whites + 6 oz salad +2g cla + 2g epa

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You know i am following!

:-D great bob!

BOOM 22 WEEKS OUT ... PUT YOUR SEATBELTS ON!! the next 5 weeks are going to be NASTY.

I am a bit unorthodox with my approach to dieting / bodybuilding etc, purely because i do what i have FOUND to work for me and well i am always learning and trying new things. Its not because im trying to be a rebel or different its mainly because i have tried and tested so many different variables its untrue and now i feel i KNOW my body.

So i HATE dieting linear, i.e losing steady losses, i actually prefer to do things in phases, so for the next 5 weeks i will be pushing my diet and fat loss and then i will take the foot of the pedal for 2-3 weeks in terms of caloric deficit, reverse the pendulum for another big swing, i found this my best approach to fat loss.

So my goal is to get in the next 5 weeks down to a solid and stable 186-188lbs, currently last week i was sitting at 195 stable.

I pretty much carb cycle but auto regulate it , so i dont adhere to a plan on a paper, i just listen to my body in terms of its look visually, how i feel performing in the gym and how the scales read back.

Ok so lets do this!

So yesterday - Sunday 19th was Chest and Delts: WEIGHT - 194

Routine looked like this:-

Decline Press with 2 second stretch and 2 second squeeze - 3 sets 8 reps , 6 reps , 4 reps

Incline clavicle press with 2 second hold stretch and squeeze - 3 sets - 8 reps, 6 reps , 3 reps

Weighted Push ups - 3 sets 8 reps, 6 reps , 4 reps

Then pump work which i did 50 reps of constant tension on cable cross over then performed band stretches and finally did 60 reps of constant tension flat bench press

Machine shoulder press 2 second hold at bottom and top - 3 sets 8 reps, 6 reps, 4 reps
    Dumbell side lateral - 3 sets 9 reps, 6 reps , 5 reps
    face pulls - 11 reps, 6 reps, 5 reps again with very slow dead pause and squeeze

then i did 2 circuits of giant sets 50 reps each movement - front lateral raise, side lateral raise, rear lateral raises.

DONE! So thick and pumped boom!

Diet for the day -
    6 litres water with 5g taurine and 30g glycreol mixed in

Upon waking immediately - 10g bcaa / 10g glutamine / green tea, yohimbe
    M1 - 4 cereal bars + 2g leucine
    Train - during workout :- 10g glutamine, 15g bcaa, 10g whey hydroslate , 50g cyclic dextrin, 10g glycerol, 3g taurine, 5g creatine , 1g agmatine
    M2 - 10 egg whites / small salad + yohimbe
    in between meal 10g bcaa and 10g glutamine
    M3:- 6oz turkey breast cajun style / 6oz green veg
    in between meal 10g bcaa / 10g glutamin
    M4:- 8 Egg whites and small salad
    10g bcaas and 10glutamine before bed.

Why so much glutamine? not too much research or backing for it at all really besides maybe some digestive aid.

Keeps me incredibly full whilst being low in calories and carbs . Same with glycerol and taurine . Some days I look fuller then when I was "off season " I'd never diet hard without these aminos they keep my muscles extremely hydrated and plump lol.

Ok so monday 20th april was quad / hams, very good workout, really focusing on a 2 second stretch and squeeze each movement NOT because i believe it will necessarily result in more "gains" just i am able to apply my mind more, reset my weights and progress them slowly, which i plan to do this entire prep through various methods, i understand eventually my strength will take a dip but i have a few tricks i intend to employ to keep things going.

So the workout looked like this:-

Leg extensions - 3 sets of 10 reps
    1 pump set for 50-60 reps constant tension
    Leg press - 3 sets 8 reps, 7 reps, 5 reps
    1 pump set 60 reps
    Hack Squat - 3 sets of 10 reps
    pump set of 50 reps by now i was buried
    adductor machine - 2 sets of 10 reps then pump set of 100 reps
    leg curl - 3 sets of 10 reps then a pump set of 50 reps

killer workout cramped up so bad after this in spite all the taurine i take lol

Diet - Weight 192.8 ( thinking i will see a new all year low by end of week :-D)

upon rising - 15g glutamine / 10g bcaa green tea capsule
    m1 - party rings frosted biscuits and cereal + 2g leucine
    Intra workout shake - 5g creatine / 10g glut / 20g bcaas / 10g hydro whey / 10g glycerol / 3g taurine
    10g bcaa / 10g glutamine
    m2 - 10 egg whites
    10g bcaa / 10g glutamine
    m3 - 10 egg whites + veg
    10g bcaa + 10g glutamine
    m4:- 10 egg whites
    10g bcaa + 10g glutamine

Egg whites don't bother your stomach? Some people it destroys them.

RSP Nutrition Lead Rep jpfaherty's Avatar
    jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Egg whites don't bother your stomach? Some people it destroys them.
    I eat them every single day with no issues. I'm actually nervous I could develop an intolerance so I may stop for a bit lol

I'm in on this brotha!!
    ★★★ RSP Nutrition Lead Representative ★★★

High Quality Supplements For All Your Goals

RSP Nutrition Store:
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/ store/rsp-nutrition.html

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★
    http://www.rspnutrition.com/

Originally Posted by jpfaherty View Post
    I eat them every single day with no issues. I'm actually nervous I could develop an intolerance so I may stop for a bit lol
    I just recall Matt jansen bringing it up in the Inov8 group when people talk about dieting and bloating he says this is a major issue with a lot of Inov8 clients.

Everyone is different, some people it destroys them, some people not so much.

Hey Bob, no i just scramble them up, actually find them to be one of the EASIEST digesting food sources for myself to be honest!

JP awesome brother ! hope you enjoy the journey!

Ok guys, really going to get serious and keep this updated with all details!

So here is yesterday 26th update shots which puts me 22 weeks out, i should of took more but couldnt be bothered lol.

jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Bro you could step on stage today and do alright lol- 22 weeks you're going to look insane.

RSP Nutrition Store:

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★

So last week i hit 189 which was bang on what i was intending to do, this week i would like to end around 187-188, like i said, im stepping it up a bit as i like to diet in phases, no cardio usage as of yet just mainly diet.

So sunday 26th april was chest and delts

Session looked like this:-

Decline Bench press - 4 heavy working sets, same weight starting at 9 reps going down last set of 3
    Incline Clavicle Press - same as above
    Weighted Press ups - 3 sets starting at 8 reps going down to 3!
    then i do fill the muscle with blood by doing 2 sets of 50 reps on flat bench constant tension super set with dumbell pullovers, very light weight just continous flexing and tension.

Onto Delts.

Machine should press - 4 heavy sets again starting at 9 reps all the way down to 3
    Side Laterals - 4 heavy sets starting at 10 reps down to 4
    face pulls - 4 heavy sets starting at 10 reps down to 4
    then pump work, i do a giant set repeated twice, 100 reps on shoulder press, side laterals and rear laterals , i do 2 circuits of this.

DIET FOR THE DAY:-

woke up took my pre workout shake
    then go to gym have my intra
    come home have 5g bcaa and 5g glutamine
    meal 1 :- 10 egg whites , some green veg and 1 pot sugar free jelly
    few hours later did 5g bcaa and 5g glutamine
    meal 2 :- 10 egg whites , some greens and 1 pot sugar free jelly
    before bed - 5g bcaa and 5g glutamine
    during the entire day i drink approx 6litres of water with 30g glycerol and 6g taurine, i also take pottasium capsules in between meals .

not very exciting! i will post up my pre-workout and intra workout nutrition approach in a bit :-D

JP thanks mate! I kinda of just removed all pre conceived ideas of conditioning expectations and really just wanna go full out and see what i can do , i want to be just dancing fibres haha.

Here is a vid rundown of my peri workout nutrition:-

PLEASE do like share and sub :-D

Subbed brotha! Love the accent

RSP Nutrition Store:

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★

Originally Posted by jpfaherty View Post
    Bro you could step on stage today and do alright lol- 22 weeks you're going to look insane.
    was going to say the same thing
    incredible offseason condition.

Guys thanks for the compliments! much motivation!

So mondays workout 27th was quads and hams, looked like this:-

Leg extensions 3 working sets of 10 reps, then basically 2 drop sets 50 reps each
    Leg press - 3 working sets of 20 reps paused at the bottom of each rep then 2 drop sets of 50 reps each
    Hack Squat - 3 workings sets of 10-12 reps with 1 pump set of 50 reps after
    Adductor - 2 sets of 10 reps with 1 set of 50 reps
    Leg Curls -3 working sets of 10 reps with 2 drops of 50 reps each.

Very demanding working out and really happy this week actually as i have a bunch of veins appear on my quads that werent their last week!

Weight today was 190.8lbs

Diet looked like this exactly:-

Wake up cup of tea , 1 sugar free jelly.

Pre workout shake
    Intraworkout shake sipped during workout and then after

5g bcaa + 10 g glutamine

5 oz turkey breast + 4 oz green veg + 1 sugar free jelly

5g bcaa + 10g glutamine

10 egg whites

5g bcaa + 10g glutamine

5oz turkey breast + 4oz green beans

Tuesdays 28th looked like this, back day , the bodypart im effing hammering to make sure it "sticks" as i remove fat.

weighted parallel grip pull ups - 4 working sets 6 - 8 reps
    TBar rows - 4 working sets 5-8 reps
    wide grip pulldowns - 4 working sets 6-8 reps
    rack pulls - 5 sets of 3-5 reps
    then 2 circuits of following giant set - dumbell pullovers , high pulley cable rows and lower pulley cable rows 50 reps constant tension

Incline dumbell curls - 4 workings sets 4-12 reps
    Hammer dumbell curls - 4 working sets 3 - 11 reps
    giant set cable curls and hammer cable curls 100 reps a piece 2 circuits

Diet:- weight today was 188.4 so on target nicely , goal this week is to be around 186-188

wake up , cup of tea sugar free jelly x 2

pre workout
    intra workout sipped during workout plus post workout

10 egg whites / 1 sugar free jelly

5g bcaa +10g glutamine

10 egg whites / 1sugar free jelly

5g bcaa + 10g glutamine

5oz turkey breast + 4oz green veg

not a whole lot of food there my man! You gotta be starving

yeh to be honest i kind of gotten used to it, believe it or not i seem to train harder on just no carbs no fat lol, mental thing maybe, i use a lot of aminos during my training and pre workout and during the day. I found this the most effective way to remove fat quickly for me, i do zero cardio.

Also during the day i intake 6litres of water containing 40g glycerol and 10g taurine which really really keeps my muscles fuller , top this of with pottasium capsules and i seem to stay relatively well hyrdated and decently full during severe periods of low caloric intake.

I didnt just pull this out of my a** lol, i have spend a lot of time with a middle eastern bb coach who preps guys for the world championsips and if you see their condition its INSANE. However as we all KNOW stand 10 top shredded bodybuilders on stage and all 10 will have a different approach, the one thing they will have in common is CONSISTENCY .

NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Looking insane dude! Seeing you and Bob maintain and grow at such amazing conditioning levels is truly inspiring and is a BIG reason I will be doing the same...solid work dude!!!
    advertising not permitted

Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Need to hear about another epic reefed....
    Team General Mills