FirstTemplar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hot Chocolate: Drink of Champions

It may have earned its place in the modern household as a treat for kids, but four thousand years ago the first mugs of hot chocolate were serious business.

The Olmec civilization of Mesoamerica, who were the first to grow the plant, were so impressed that their leaders reserved the beverage for official ceremonies, possibly the first case of a government trying to keep there citizens from performance enhancing substances.

We can look much closer for evidence of the superiority of this delicious frothy concoction, Will Steger, first man to traverse Antarctica in a dogsled (1989), reportedly drank thousands of cups of hot chocolate. I canít guarantee youíll become an awesome adventurer by drinking a cup a day, but I wonít say itís impossible.

If like me, you've never quite got into the adult habit of swigging scarily strong coffee first thing, but are envious of the people who seem to thrive off gulping that disturbing smelling black liquid before a gym session, hot chocolate may be what you've been looking for.

If you remain unconvinced I've put together a few of my top reasons for you to make the switch in your morning routine.

1. Appetite Control
    Even the smallest cup of hot chocolate has over 200 calories, but it feels like more than double that, whereas coffee can bring on an urge to snack in some of us, hot chocolate leaves you feeling sated for hours.

2. You can mix your protein powder with it
    Whilst it may not be the time saving solution thatíll enable you to write that novel you've been getting around too, itíll shave a few seconds off the routine and more importantly, still taste delicious.

3. Disgustingly healthy
    So long as you choose your brand with care to include real cocoa, studies have shown it has a higher concentration of antioxidants than even red wine, though they both have a certain appeal at different points of the day.

Unless youíre at risk of a dementor attack, these are the top reasons I can give for you to start your day the right way, some important points to remember are that itíll be most effective and useful fairly early in your day. To find the brand with the best percentage of real cocoa included and to thoroughly enjoy your delicious morning power up.

erikesimmons has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your Topic with more information? It is extremely helpful for me.
    aryaclothes.com

DoYouEvenNEM is just really nice. (+1000) DoYouEvenNEM is just really nice. (+1000) DoYouEvenNEM is just really nice. (+1000) DoYouEvenNEM is just really nice. (+1000) DoYouEvenNEM is just really nice. (+1000) DoYouEvenNEM is just really nice. (+1000) DoYouEvenNEM is just really nice. (+1000) DoYouEvenNEM is just really nice. (+1000) DoYouEvenNEM is just really nice. (+1000) DoYouEvenNEM is just really nice. (+1000) DoYouEvenNEM is just really nice. (+1000)
    OP you on dat dere sugar chocolate or natural hot chocolate?

Crio Bru is available at a lot of stores and I think that's as close to pure hot chocolate.

vankuzzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vankuzzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vankuzzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vankuzzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vankuzzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vankuzzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vankuzzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vankuzzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vankuzzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vankuzzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vankuzzy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Great post, I love hot chocolate. And I've heard that cocoa is super healthy too like you say, just need to skip all the suger.

tbatcho07 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tbatcho07 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tbatcho07 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tbatcho07 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tbatcho07 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tbatcho07 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tbatcho07 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tbatcho07 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tbatcho07 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tbatcho07 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tbatcho07 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I've been wondering about this honestly. Thank you for the informative post =)
    Please support me by following me on instagram: https://instagram.com/tbatcho07

Logs:
    (Current)Controlled Labs - Gamer Up - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173400311
    (complete)Molecular Nutrition - X Factor advanced - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167327311
    (complete)MAN Sports Peptest Bulk - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168536703&pagenumber=

Registered User datdathcmutrans's Avatar
    datdathcmutrans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If like me, you've never quite got into the adult habit of swigging scarily strong coffee first thing, but are envious of the people who seem to thrive off gulping that disturbing smelling black liquid before a gym session, hot chocolate may be what you've been looking for.

Progress2Best is on a distinguished road. (+10) Progress2Best is on a distinguished road. (+10) Progress2Best is on a distinguished road. (+10) Progress2Best is on a distinguished road. (+10) Progress2Best is on a distinguished road. (+10) Progress2Best is on a distinguished road. (+10) Progress2Best is on a distinguished road. (+10) Progress2Best is on a distinguished road. (+10) Progress2Best is on a distinguished road. (+10) Progress2Best is on a distinguished road. (+10) Progress2Best is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Great post, I always forget that chocolate in moderation is actually really good for you.

Taken from pubmed (21470061) :

Cocoa can protect nerves from injury and inflammation, protect the skin from oxidative damage from UV radiation in topical preparations, and have beneficial effects on satiety, cognitive function, and mood.

Registered User BigAussieCheese's Avatar
    BigAussieCheese is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigAussieCheese is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigAussieCheese is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigAussieCheese is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigAussieCheese is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigAussieCheese is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigAussieCheese is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigAussieCheese is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigAussieCheese is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigAussieCheese is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigAussieCheese is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well I'm gonna go buy some hot chocolate mix right now!