Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Mnh006 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Best form of Birth control pill with no problem of weight gain

Hi i am wondering which type of birth control pill (combined/mini) is best and has less chance of weight gain as a side effect... If possible pls mention the generic name... I am so confused... I have worked so hard to lose my stubborn body weight and body fat % ;gaining weight due to the pill would be just like a nightmare...!!! Plus i get bloated easily!!!! Looking for suggestions

Slicing up eyeballs ChiBearsfan's Avatar
    ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    abstinence

Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I take Loryena (generic Yaz) and I'm fine with it. I did experience nauseau in the beginning so I started taking it at night, problem solved. The problem is that everyone reacts differently to the hormones so you have to try a couple and see how you do on them to know how you will do on them. Sorry...
    Under Construction.

AddingPins is a name known to all. (+5000) AddingPins is a name known to all. (+5000) AddingPins is a name known to all. (+5000) AddingPins is a name known to all. (+5000) AddingPins is a name known to all. (+5000) AddingPins is a name known to all. (+5000) AddingPins is a name known to all. (+5000) AddingPins is a name known to all. (+5000) AddingPins is a name known to all. (+5000) AddingPins is a name known to all. (+5000) AddingPins is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you opt for a non-hormonal birth control like the Paraguard then you won't have to worry with weight gain being a side effect.
    IG: @addingpins
    www.stackingplates.com

Babygirl95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Babygirl95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Babygirl95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Babygirl95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Babygirl95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Babygirl95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Babygirl95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Babygirl95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Babygirl95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Babygirl95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Babygirl95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't see how birth control can just "MAKE" someone gain weight?? Am I missing something here?
    I thought weight gain was SOLELY based on calories in being too high compared to activity level+metabolism, and birth control has the possibility of simply increasing one's appetite?
    OP I don't think it really is important finding an option that won't "make" you gain weight, but regulating your diet more carefully or being more active to make-up for an increased appetite and intake.

Anyways, to answer your question, I have NEXPLANON (tiny implant put into arm) and it ruined my appetite for nearly a whole year. I had to combine it with some generic BC pill to reduce the side-effects of it for the majority of the time I've had it (a little over a year now.)

Side effects I've had (and 3 girls I've known IRL who also have had this form of BC):
    Constant spotting (bleeding)
    Nausea
    Headache
    Painful and swollen breasts
    Mild to moderate "down there" occasionally

Nausea = no appetite. Any smell would make me so sick that I couldn't eat. Even the smell of food would make me so sick that I'd sometimes gag. I pretty much lived off of Ensure drinks for a few months last summer. My friends did not have this as bad because they didn't use the pill to stop their spotting and other side effects, they all ended up getting the implant removed and switched to normal BC pills/condoms. I toughed it out and eventually the spotting stopped (after 9 months or constant pill use) and the nausea went away a bit. My appetite is still really bad and makes eating very difficult at times, which is very frustrating since my goal is to build muscle and gain weight.

If your insurance covers Nexplanon (also called Implanon) I say try it, every woman is different and reacts differently.
    Keep in mind that 65% of the women that get this implant end up removing it within a year due to the side effects. I don't think this is really worth dishing out the actual cost to get it though.
    Bulking & Lifting :)

misstressjulia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Everyone's body will react differently to the same pill. One may get a bigger apetite while it s not going to affect another woman

motilynn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) motilynn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) motilynn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) motilynn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) motilynn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) motilynn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) motilynn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) motilynn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) motilynn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) motilynn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) motilynn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hi OP,
    I take Microgestin. I did notice that I craved more sugary food while on it, then before, but i just made sure to give into my cravings in moderation. In reference to the weight gain. 70% of women gain weight the most from the Depo shot, but that weight is usually about 5-9 lbs. It's all hormonal, so the best thing to do would be to talk to your Gyno, and see which might fit the best for yourself. Good luck, xx

vindemiatrix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vindemiatrix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vindemiatrix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vindemiatrix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vindemiatrix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vindemiatrix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vindemiatrix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vindemiatrix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vindemiatrix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vindemiatrix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vindemiatrix has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    copper iud. no hormones no bs but long periods.

lanieee123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lanieee123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lanieee123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lanieee123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lanieee123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lanieee123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lanieee123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lanieee123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lanieee123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lanieee123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lanieee123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The mini pill will most definitely make you gain weight because it is progestin only as does Depo Provera the 3 month injection. Progestin is a synthetic progesterone which is effective because it tricks your body into believing that you're pregnant hence the side effect of gaining weight. If you want to find a pill that does not cause weight gain or acne go for an anti androgen (male hormone) birth control such as Yaz, Yazmin or Dianna. The issues with anti androgen birth controls is they decrease sex drive and cause mood swings, good luck!

ch1120 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ch1120 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ch1120 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ch1120 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ch1120 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ch1120 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ch1120 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ch1120 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ch1120 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ch1120 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ch1120 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by vindemiatrix View Post
    copper iud. no hormones no bs but long periods.
    I am curious about this one, how much longer would you say your periods are? TIA!

TaeFightr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TaeFightr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TaeFightr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TaeFightr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TaeFightr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TaeFightr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TaeFightr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TaeFightr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TaeFightr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TaeFightr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TaeFightr is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Natural family planning lol

mrsHk will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrsHk will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrsHk will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrsHk will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrsHk will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrsHk will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrsHk will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrsHk will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrsHk will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrsHk will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrsHk will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    IUD.... lasts 5-10 years depending on the type (low progestin or copper). Short periods, if any at all, and no weight gain (for me, anyway, and friends that have one). Any woman can get an IUD. The "you must have had a baby to get one" myth is not true. Aside from abstinence or a permanent fix, IUD is the way to go!

gaming has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gaming has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gaming has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gaming has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gaming has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gaming has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gaming has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gaming has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gaming has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gaming has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gaming has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Can't post links but look for the Mirena iud.

You can get some spotting for a bit but it goes away.

leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    as someone has already said, everyone reacts differently so you just have to try some and see. loads of my friends get on well with the implant but progesterone only contraception turns me into a psychobi*ch lol

oh and most 'weight gain' is actually the progesterone increasing your appetite, so people then eat more. don't give in to it and your weight will stay the same

Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

Posted about Loryena earlier in this thread, just want to let you know that the boobs are almost a cup size bigger. Oh yes.
    Under Construction.

klrobb1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I use Elinest and haven't had weight gain, it has helped with a clearer face as well. Only been on it for a year after switching from yaz and have so much better results with it. Also some call it Low-Ogestrel. But as with all Rx it varies per person.

Daydreamergirl has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Daydreamergirl has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Daydreamergirl has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Daydreamergirl has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Daydreamergirl has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Daydreamergirl has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Daydreamergirl has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Daydreamergirl has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Daydreamergirl has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Daydreamergirl has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Daydreamergirl has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I posted in a thread before about birth control. I've tried 2 types only : the pill and the depo shot. The pill was ok - not a lot of negative side effects. The only down side was remembering to take it every day. Lol - and if I forgot I would have to double up the next day . The good thing was I would always know when I would start my period by the color of the pill that was due that day.
    The depo shot is awesome for me. Only once every 3 months so I don't have to worry about taking it every day. I didn't really notice a lot of side effects except swollen tender breasts. The thing about the depo shot is that it stops most women's periods completely.. Not supposed to be unhealthy but , kinda worries me to not have a monthly , idk. Maybe that's weird but I feel like that is part of what keeps a woman healthy , it's natural and supposed to happen. Also - lol- if your doctor forgets to tell you that it stops your period - can be kinda scary until you are informed of this - just saying
    Hope this helps

Daydreamergirl has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Daydreamergirl has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Daydreamergirl has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Daydreamergirl has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Daydreamergirl has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Daydreamergirl has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Daydreamergirl has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Daydreamergirl has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Daydreamergirl has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Daydreamergirl has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Daydreamergirl has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by gaming View Post
    Can't post links but look for the Mirena iud.

You can get some spotting for a bit but it goes away.
    I wondered about the mirena....

AddingPins is a name known to all. (+5000) AddingPins is a name known to all. (+5000) AddingPins is a name known to all. (+5000) AddingPins is a name known to all. (+5000) AddingPins is a name known to all. (+5000) AddingPins is a name known to all. (+5000) AddingPins is a name known to all. (+5000) AddingPins is a name known to all. (+5000) AddingPins is a name known to all. (+5000) AddingPins is a name known to all. (+5000) AddingPins is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Daydreamergirl View Post
    I wondered about the mirena....
    I'm not a doctor, but I remember my doctor saying that if you are someone who has irregular or lighter periods then Mirena isn't always advised and the better option would be the copper IUD. However if you are someone who suffers from really heavy periods then Mirena it the one for you because it still has some effect on your hormones. That's why I went with the copper IUD. No hormones and I'm one of the lucky girls who gets a relatively light flow.
    IG: @addingpins
    www.stackingplates.com

Originally Posted by AddingPins View Post
    I'm not a doctor, but I remember my doctor saying that if you are someone who has irregular or lighter periods then Mirena isn't always advised and the better option would be the copper IUD. However if you are someone who suffers from really heavy periods then Mirena it the one for you because it still has some effect on your hormones. That's why I went with the copper IUD. No hormones and I'm one of the lucky girls who gets a relatively light flow.
    Thanks for this advice. Much appreciated

Mnh006 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you everyone for your comments...

ChristineD80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChristineD80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChristineD80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChristineD80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChristineD80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChristineD80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChristineD80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChristineD80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChristineD80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChristineD80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChristineD80 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I stopped taking BC pills because it made me gain weight and also I read there's a chance of blood clot. It did clear up my acne though. I just use condom or the spermicide gel. Spermicide gel seems to work pretty well if you're with a partner that doesn't like the feel of condom. Some of my friends use the copper ring which can last months but you have to consult your gynecologist.

lexalynne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lexalynne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lexalynne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lexalynne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lexalynne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lexalynne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would talk to your doctor to see what they suggest.

I was on at least three different pills and had issues with all three, ranging from extreme nausea (actually made me sick once), to having my period for two weeks every two weeks on all of them. I am saying this because we can all tell you what we use or think would be best, but your body may respond differently. If you are looking for non hormonal and are comfortable with the IUD I would suggest the copper IUD, which is something I have considered in the past.

After all of my problems I was considering an IUD, the implant in my arm, or the repo shot. My mom talked me out of the first two, so I ended up on the shot, which has gotten rid of my period all together now, which is good for me because when I was not on birth control it would cause me all kinds of problems. The biggest downside people see with the shot is that the side effect people hear about the most is weight gain, which I haven't experienced, so like I said, it is how your body responds.

primadonnna is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Exclamation Be careful using elinest!!!!!

I took elinest for a course of 7 months. It caused me to have multiple signs of depression (THAT IS A WELL KNOWN SIDE EFFECT). There was nothing wrong in my life but for some reason i was spiraling until one day i realized that i was my happiest when i was on my period (also when i wasnt taking the pill) their was numerous other side effects such as weight gain (a lot of it), severe chest pain, vomiting, nausea, ect. Please monitor the changed in your mind, body, and life.

Before then i used sprintec for 7+ years just fine, i only switched because i was bleeding through the pill.

I have now gon back to sprintec!

Mia431997 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    BC pills did not agree with me at all. I recommend IUD best thing ever literally no worries & no side effects for me

sg1976 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sg1976 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sg1976 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sg1976 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sg1976 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sg1976 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sg1976 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sg1976 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sg1976 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sg1976 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sg1976 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Try women?
    Mother north, united we stand, together we walk
    Phantom north, I'll be there when you hunt them down.

Absolutely Love This For You! ❤️💕

Take America Back Again!

Verified 37 Going on 60
    Verified Fat Boy

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Paragard iud it has no hormones in it, just got a new one after having the other for 10 years (technically they last 12 but I am overly cautious)

Wait why is such an old thread being bumped
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

sg1976 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sg1976 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sg1976 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sg1976 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sg1976 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sg1976 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sg1976 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sg1976 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sg1976 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sg1976 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sg1976 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    Paragard iud it has no hormones in it, just got a new one after having the other for 10 years (technically they last 12 but I am overly cautious)

Wait why is such an old thread being bumped
    Sorry. I came into the wrong misc
    Mother north, united we stand, together we walk
    Phantom north, I'll be there when you hunt them down.

Absolutely Love This For You! ❤️💕

Take America Back Again!

Verified 37 Going on 60
    Verified Fat Boy

Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Cool

Swallow or anal

Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Question

Originally Posted by sg1976 View Post
    Sorry. I came into the wrong misc
    My girlfriend has this and it’s good but now her doctor is saying she had it in too long now and it’s dangerous or something and is causing problems. We have been having unprotected sex for so long with no worries and is like now we have to be careful and I’m not sure how you do that. She pretty much rides me until I cum or we do it doggy and I push her on her stomach when I’m about to cum and how can I be careful now