fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Here is my explanation of why the anti/pro abortion debate is so complicated.

The basic argument between pro-abortionists and anti-abortionists is that the child isn't a viable human until conception for anti-abortionists, and birth (usually) for pro-abortionists. Simple enough.

So let's get into some philosophy. What anti's are ACTUALLY saying is that the child has moral worth immediately at conception, whereas pro's say that the child has moral worth at birth. This argument is made in the respect that pro's view abortion as OK only because the fetus does not yet have moral worth, so it is therefore not a "murder" or the ending of a life.

If this is the case, then what would most pro's say if a pregnant woman was murdered, and the fetus died along with the mother? They'd probably say that it's the taking of TWO lives, just as anti's would. But could pro's logically make that distinction, that the fetus has moral worth in only certain circumstances? Of course, they could. But there is a blatant contradiction here.

Thinking about it another way, if you had the power to make a law distinguishing between when a fetus was considered a viable human being with moral worth, you'd need to take both situations into account. If you wrote the law that a fetus was viable at conception, abortion would be illegal and there'd be TWO murder charges for murdering a pregnant woman. If the fetus was considered viable at birth, abortion would be legal and the murdering of a pregnant woman would amount to ONE murder charge.

Interesting stuff.
    "Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but don't nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weights" Ronnie

Norwegian Viking descendant of the Gods

Suck my battle axe

***VIKING CREW***

***Life goal is to get repped by NYCLegend21 crew*** COMPLETE!!!!!

rolltideroll1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rolltideroll1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rolltideroll1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rolltideroll1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rolltideroll1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rolltideroll1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rolltideroll1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rolltideroll1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rolltideroll1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rolltideroll1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rolltideroll1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I love the double standard

Woman is happy she's pregnant: there's a baby in my tummy
    Woman is not happy she's pregnant: there's a collection of cells in my tummy

fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fightnak3d is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by rolltideroll1 View Post

Right?
    "Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but don't nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weights" Ronnie

Suck my battle axe

***VIKING CREW***

ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by rolltideroll1 View Post

It isn't much of a double standard.

Pregnancy and childbirth involve a significant risk to the mother, even with modern medical technology. Nobody should force her to take the risk if she does not want to.

Apart from that, the level of damage a woman can inflict through dangerous behavior during pregnancy is massive, even if abortion were illegal, and there is absolutely no way to regulate that.
    When all that says 'it is good' has been debunked, what says 'I want' remains.

- CS Lewis

Zerafian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zerafian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zerafian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zerafian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zerafian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zerafian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zerafian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zerafian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zerafian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zerafian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Zerafian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    its not complicated...a woman deserves the choice to bring a child into this fuked up world and risk her well being. Fundamental right of choice and freedom.
    Carb Mal-absorption, no breads, sugary snacks, rice, pasta...live off of 30-40g a day.
    Eosinophilic esophagitis, cant ingest dairy or my esophagus closes up

Originally Posted by ZenBowman View Post

Pregnancy and childbirth involve a significant risk to the mother, even with modern medical technology. Nobody should force her to take the risk if she does not want to.

Apart from that, the level of damage a woman can inflict through dangerous behavior during pregnancy is massive, even if abortion were illegal, and there is absolutely no way to regulate that.
    You're certainly right, with all of this. In my original post, I wasn't necessarily taking a position on abortion but rather thinking about the whole idea of when a child has moral worth, and if that moral worth changes depending on who is acting on it. Abortion vs murder of a pregnant woman.

Suck my battle axe

***VIKING CREW***

Originally Posted by Zerafian View Post
    its not complicated...a woman deserves the choice to bring a child into this fuked up world and risk her well being. Fundamental right of choice and freedom.
    You must not have read what I wrote. There are much more details than simply that.

Suck my battle axe

***VIKING CREW***

XLiberty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XLiberty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XLiberty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XLiberty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XLiberty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XLiberty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XLiberty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XLiberty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XLiberty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XLiberty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XLiberty has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    from a strictly utilitarian, non-religious standpoint it is hard to find a legitimate argument for making abortion illegal - the foetus is not a conscious being, therefore its personal happiness or utility cannot be accurately measured. What can be measured is the conscious being's utility or happiness - the mother. The mother can make a rational decision whether the development of this non-conscious being is going to be detrimental to her utility or can positively increase it.

In OP's example of taking of two lives if killing a pregnant woman, you are taking one life and one potential life (as we would define life). Or you could argue you are taking two life FORMS - killing a fly is a form of killing a life form, yet it would be difficult to argue that you are committing murder by killing a fly
    *Legit 2/10 crew*
    *6'3 but not master race as it just propels trainwreck of facial features above everyone else crew*
    *So ugly baby cousin cried when held him for the first time crew*
    *Ordered a mail order bride and she got the next return flight back to her ****hole country after witnessing me crew*
    *Got molested by a goat in sleep because it probably thought we were the same species crew*

Originally Posted by XLiberty View Post
    from a strictly utilitarian, non-religious standpoint it is hard to find a legitimate argument for making abortion illegal - the foetus is not a conscious being.

In OP's example of taking of two lives if killing a pregnant woman, you are taking one life and one potential life (as we would define life). Or you could argue you are taking two life FORMS - killing a fly is a form of killing a life form, yet it would be difficult to argue that you are committing murder by killing a fly
    Well then that is where the philosophy and logic comes into play... Is a fly morally equivalent to an unborn child? I understand your analogy but if it is considered wrong for person A to take the life of a woman's child, so then why would it be different for the woman to take the child's life?

Suck my battle axe

***VIKING CREW***

XLiberty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XLiberty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XLiberty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XLiberty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XLiberty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XLiberty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XLiberty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XLiberty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XLiberty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XLiberty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XLiberty has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by fightnak3d View Post
    Is a fly morally equivalent to an unborn child?

-expanded my first post-

at the exact moment in time - possibly - at the specific point of measurement the foetus is no more than a parasite, I believe it's only moral worth is what the mother wishes to attribute it, again I have to rely on utilitarianism.

if the mother attributes the feelings of potential happiness to the further development of that unconscious life form, then its moral (or utility) worth is of great value. If the mother feels that the further development of the foetus will be detrimental and perhaps even restricting on her liberty, its moral worth is far less

If the mother deems it to be the latter, is it immoral to abort it when at that current moment in time, the only liberty or utility currently being restricted is that of the mother?
    *Legit 2/10 crew*
    *6'3 but not master race as it just propels trainwreck of facial features above everyone else crew*
    *So ugly baby cousin cried when held him for the first time crew*
    *Ordered a mail order bride and she got the next return flight back to her ****hole country after witnessing me crew*
    *Got molested by a goat in sleep because it probably thought we were the same species crew*

Antipaty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Antipaty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Antipaty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'd leave the choice to the mother.

Everybody has his own point of view, I sometimes feel that people just want to make their opinions the only choice avaible. You should always have the choice.

Apocc is just really nice. (+1000) Apocc is just really nice. (+1000) Apocc is just really nice. (+1000) Apocc is just really nice. (+1000) Apocc is just really nice. (+1000) Apocc is just really nice. (+1000) Apocc is just really nice. (+1000) Apocc is just really nice. (+1000) Apocc is just really nice. (+1000) Apocc is just really nice. (+1000) Apocc is just really nice. (+1000)

This. By all accounts, the fetus is not all that different from a parasite, at least in terms of the function it plays and its dependence on the mother. The fetus is dependent on the mother for its survival just as a man in a burning building that has been knocked unconscious might be dependent on you to save him if no one else is around.

But, dependence alone doesn't mean you're morally obligated to help either the man in the burning building, or the fetus. It would be morally praise-worthy if you did but not morally required.
    Foolish and wretched is the man who builds his happiness on the frail and unstable affection of a woman. -- Leland

º■■■Misc Masculist Crew■■■º

☆ ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆ ☆

AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've always believed that it becomes murder when the child has formed some kind of brain function. The exact second were it can move or respond to stimulus part way through pregnancy is when you shouldn't abort and it's a real person. Tbh I'm no massive professional on the pros and cons of being pro or anti-abortion, but I always thought it was weird that most people support both the extremes and not any kind of center compromise.

RIKTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RIKTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RIKTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RIKTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RIKTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RIKTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RIKTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RIKTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RIKTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RIKTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RIKTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

I wouldn't categorize 650 deaths out of 4 million births in America as a significant risk. Its far more dangerous engaging in the act that gets one pregnant, then actually giving birth.

BrollicWraith has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrollicWraith has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrollicWraith has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrollicWraith has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrollicWraith has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrollicWraith has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrollicWraith has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrollicWraith has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrollicWraith has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrollicWraith has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrollicWraith has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It has to do with whether or not the mother is planning on bringing the fetus into the world. That choice is what defines the worth of the fetus.

Kinda like how a sperm that you're about to impregnate your significant other with has a different worth from a sperm that you just fired into a sock.

RIKTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RIKTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RIKTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RIKTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RIKTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RIKTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RIKTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RIKTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RIKTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RIKTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RIKTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by AD117 View Post
    I've always believed that it becomes murder when the child has formed some kind of brain function. The exact second were it can move or respond to stimulus part way through pregnancy is when you shouldn't abort and it's a real person. Tbh I'm no massive professional on the pros and cons of being pro or anti-abortion, but I always thought it was weird that most people support both the extremes and not any kind of center compromise.
    My solution would be rather simple. Whats the earliest known premature baby to be born and actually survive? Theres your basis to make law from, because once you start "aborting" babies after that exact day, you are in fact killing a viable human life….now whether that fact matters to people or not is one thing… but at the end of the day we are still left with the undeniable fact, that abortion after X amount of days is killing a human viable life..which makes it much more difficult to defend. My solution pisses off both sides, but facts trump personal opinion.

Patty-C is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Patty-C is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Patty-C is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Patty-C is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Patty-C is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Patty-C is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Patty-C is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Patty-C is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Patty-C is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Patty-C is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Patty-C is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Aside from rape, getting pregnant involves a series of choices. If the fetus is a human being and killing it is in any way wrong, the argument of a mother's safety, especially in the US, is a failure.

I don't know enough to form an opinion on when a baby is actually a person, I just know I don't favor the idea of people who don't prevent pregnancy and are willing to abort to be forced to raise a person.

slothfarquaad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slothfarquaad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slothfarquaad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slothfarquaad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slothfarquaad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slothfarquaad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slothfarquaad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slothfarquaad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slothfarquaad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slothfarquaad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slothfarquaad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    *MassiveShelly crew*

11lemon11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 11lemon11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 11lemon11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 11lemon11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 11lemon11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 11lemon11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 11lemon11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 11lemon11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 11lemon11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 11lemon11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 11lemon11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    None of the OP refutes the fact that individuals are allowed the choice of when to become a parent.
    Evidence.

Californians have a right to bear arms in public!

Thaddy99 is not very well liked. (-100) Thaddy99 is not very well liked. (-100) Thaddy99 is not very well liked. (-100) Thaddy99 is not very well liked. (-100) Thaddy99 is not very well liked. (-100) Thaddy99 is not very well liked. (-100) Thaddy99 is not very well liked. (-100) Thaddy99 is not very well liked. (-100) Thaddy99 is not very well liked. (-100) Thaddy99 is not very well liked. (-100) Thaddy99 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Good post OP, but you have to consider two more things.

First of all, if the woman wants the child but fetus is killed by someone else, it counts as murder or manslaughter. The law makes abortion legal, so the fetus would have no moral value. But if someone else kills the fetus without the mother´s consent, it is murder and the fetus does have a value. Concluding logically, the fetus moral value is decided by the mother. The fetus has a moral value by default but the mother can deny this moral value and kill the fetus.

Second of all: you expect that the law goes after a philosophical or general logic. Well, it doesn´t. After all, we live in a democracy, logic doesn´t matter. What the people want does matter. Since the unborn children have no right or ability to decide what it wants, only the decision of the mother matters. And from a straight egocentric standpoint, it is better for the woman/mother if she has no children, so she wants to abort it.